PDA

View Full Version : DBZ: Trunks

Bardock
03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Hey guys, new to the board. So hi everybody lol.

I'm working on a Trunks costume presently and really all I have so far is the black tank top and the Capsule Corps patch for the jacket. The rest I need some help/advice with.

For the pants I was thinking grey jeans? Good idea?

The jacket I need some suggestions. If there's a brand that has a resemblance or a certain place I can get one.

Also suggestions for the belt/shoes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Goldfinch
03-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I think that instead of using jeans that you should get some loose sweatpants unless you already have some jeans that you think would work reasonably well.

If you can sew or know someone who does, I recommend making boot covers because the shoes are so odd looking that I don't think you'll easily find something just like it in the stores. Again, if you're not going for spot-on, try a sports supply store for something reasonably similar. I like to take a printed out picture of the character to aid my shopping.

Again, with reference picture in hand, just shop at a department or thrift store for a deep blue jean jacket. Keep in mind that if there isn't anything short enough, it can easily be cut and re-hemmed.

Bardock
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, i think the sweatpants is probably a good idea, thanks.

I have a pretty good jean jacket, but I would prefer something else. Any thoughts?

Meanlilkitty
03-05-2008, 12:35 AM
You could try getting a fat little kid's jacket, since Trunks' is so short. Or short jackets are become such a fad lately, you could just wander into Forever 21 or a thrift store. Grey jeans really wouldn't work since his pants are so baggy. I would want something slightly better quality than sweats tho, but I guess it really depends on how much the character means to you. You could try to find a tropical-type-vacation-wear store that might sell baggy linen pants or something. Otherwise, you may have success at a middle-eastern type store or something like that. Perhaps even do a ebay search.
maybe something like these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Baggy-Black-Stripe-Chef-Pants-size-s-m-l-xl-2xl_W0QQitemZ380002414595QQihZ025QQcategoryZ121274 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
As for his boots, you could start out with some khaki hiking boots, rain boots or combat boots and add leather upon them. I don't have a whole lot of experience with shoes I'm afraid.
And for his belt, a cool idea would be to get a bright blue belt, replace the buckle with a seatbelt buckle (steal one from a car or hot topic), and make a extra-long tube of orange fabric. Make it about two times longer than the belt, and then feed the tube over the belt so it scrunches together. You could then get a canvas needle and sew the edges to the belt so they don't move over the few inches of blue belt.
Got one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260202487760&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=260216232199&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=its%3DS%252BI%252BSS

mkz
03-05-2008, 10:50 AM
The pants I would suggest those dark color Cargo Pants/Sweat Pants ish as they are more fluffy and puffs out more than jeans.

As for the boots hrm... those are hard since they are so big in the anime lol :x

Skyline Kyo
05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
*Bump* Would anyone know where to find the Capsule Corp patches anymore?

RAZOR_Chameleon
07-06-2008, 10:45 PM
i'm ordering mine from here
http://www.stitchalogo.com/samples3.htm.

i just ordered it so i cant say how good they are but they were nice on the phone.

RAZOR_Chameleon
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
ok well i got my patch in and it looks great i realy recomend them.

Fishbone
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM
ok well i got my patch in and it looks great i realy recomend them.

Hey, could you tell me how big the patch is? Is it the right size for his jacket sleeve? :)

CezzaXV
10-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Personally, I think denim always looks crap in cosplays, even for characters that actually wear denim. I've yet to see anything that suggests that Trunks actually does wear denim (and God knows I've looked at enough pictures of him - fangirl alert!), so I'd go for something for both the jacket and the bottoms that wasnt denim.

RAZOR_Chameleon
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
the patch is about 3 1/2" across. weither or not it is the right size for the jacket depends on what size you are. for me it was just right but i'm over 6' and i made the sleves baggy. this isnt a really good pick but maybe this will help you get a better idea on the size (and i know the placement on the arm is wrong).

http://razor-chameleon.deviantart.com/art/trunks-clones-92726567

http://razor-chameleon.deviantart.com/art/trunks-and-goku-92726665

if you have any more questions i'll try to help best i can. i'll also dig it out and see if i can get some better pics (i've looking for an excuse to put it on again hehe)

FE Freak
10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah,I'll probably go with something like Twill.When I cosplay Trunks,I'm probably going to have to make a custom dye color.

How much did that patch cost by the way?

RAZOR_Chameleon
10-09-2008, 01:37 AM
the patch is $11.75 and shipping is $3.85. it does cost a bit but they are the only place that i've found that makes them. if you know someone that does embrowdery they might be able to help if you can show them a pic. also i checked it again and the patch is 3 1/2" across.

kristyhimura
03-07-2009, 08:39 PM
How did you make the belt, also what did you pick for the shoes, cuz i'm going as M.Trunk and i would like some help with my costume. Also if anyone know where to get his sword would also help. Even if it dosen't come out i would like to have one..but if not it's alright. [Willing to buy the belt, Shoes, and Sword if anyone knows where to get it from, or watch/read a tutorial.]

Thanks!! ^^

RAZOR_Chameleon
03-07-2009, 11:24 PM
How did you make the belt, also what did you pick for the shoes, cuz i'm going as M.Trunk and i would like some help with my costume. Also if anyone know where to get his sword would also help. Even if it dosen't come out i would like to have one..but if not it's alright. [Willing to buy the belt, Shoes, and Sword if anyone knows where to get it from, or watch/read a tutorial.]

Thanks!! ^^

i made the belt from old seat belt buckles (ask a junk yard), and just cut an resowed the belt to the length i needed (that part was alittle tricky cause i didnt make it adjustable).

i had tried to make shoes but they look too crapy so i just wore tenis shoes. but i plan to remake them like QuantumDestiny did. heres where i posted what she told me to do. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2652471#post2652471

there is no place (that i know of) that makes a sword like trunk's. i dont know where the other guy in my pic got he's sword (toy store most likely) but, i had to make mine sheth and all out of wood and pvc. i might could make you one if my time permites. but the sheth is the hardest part cause you have to heat and mold the pvc to the sword. i'll tell you more if you want to build it yourself (i havent seen a tutorial for this but i didnt realy look). or check out the marketplace you might find some one there that has one made.

shadowsora1997
08-07-2009, 09:11 PM
im making a futur trunks cosplay and all i have fond is the sword i think it good it metal so it mit be a bit heavy but i dont care to much its about forty dollares heres a pic tell me what you think
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/trunk_sword_replica_540.jpg
also any tips and help is welcome

RAZOR_Chameleon
08-12-2009, 10:05 PM
i dont want to bring you down but most cons (at lest ones that ive been to) dont alow live steel. so that may be something to look into as well. other then that the sword looks good but i have some questions about the "high quality sheath"; but other than that looks good. one thing i like to do though before i buy a sword online is take a tape masure and extend it to the length of the sword. that way your not suprised by how long it realy is. any way good luck and TRUNKS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowsora1997
08-24-2009, 10:03 AM
im going to any cons or any thing its basekly for halloween but do you now how i can make a jaket and boots?

shadowsora1997
08-24-2009, 10:04 AM
sorry i ment im not going to any cons

RAZOR_Chameleon
08-25-2009, 01:48 AM
O - OK. well the pattern for the jackets not that hard. i just used one of my sisters half jackets (not even sure if thats the right name for it) to get an idea on how every thing was proportioned (sp?). then made a paper pattern using one of my jackets. then you just cut and sew. if you can find one in youe size just buy the half jacket or you may even just be able to buy a pattern. if your not sure what pattern to get just print a pic of trunks and ask some one in a fabrict store. however the boots is where it gets tricky. i'm still working on mine so i cant help there much yet. fabric stores sell shoe paterns as well (just a thought). hope this helps.

Mizuno Hadouken
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
that sword is sweet

IzunaDrop247
08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
For the pants, I just got some baggy dark gray dress pants. The official patch that GE makes is too small, so I bought some fabric paper that was meant to go into inkjet printer and just printed the logo out to the right size and cut it out. You can find those at your local craft store. I would steer clear from denim... I don't even think Trunks wears denim. Heavy-duty cotton is nice for the jacket. If you're doing regular Trunks, I suggest colbalt blue (purplish tint). If ssj, straight blue.

nizelcanes
08-30-2011, 06:31 AM
The belt was way too awesome! :D

awesomeifyit
10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm making the same costume! Super easy on the shoes: i'm going to make a tutorial probably next weekend (10/22/11) so look for that but basically you take light brown Uggs (or fake Uggs that I got at Costco....lol) and brown felt and make the buckles, heel piece, and toe piece out of that without ruining the Uggs. super easy. I'll try to post it asap. alot of people have trouble with the boots. For the belt just make a belt cover. that should be pretty easy, too.

good luck!

-awesomeifyit

kracken29
10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Don't bump threads that are a year old or more.