PDA

View Full Version : new neo vs old neo

ChicoChan
06-13-2003, 11:41 AM
i personally like the older version of neo from the first martix ^_^
not that i like keanu much in the first place....but the long black trench coat is cyute ^^
I dunno........what does everyone think of the new "preistish" neo?
my friend might be doing that costume...i've seenit sone twice already *...*

Sarcasm-hime
06-13-2003, 01:37 PM
oh MAN do I love that new Neo coat. I wanna make one for me (coz I love it) and one for my hubby (coz he'll look hot and glompable LOL).....sooooo cool.

Nevernaut
06-13-2003, 01:38 PM
I like the new coat. Stylistically, I like the clean lines it creates, and the skirt-like swoop of...the skirt. It's not the usual action hero garb, whihc is kinda cool in and of itself.

I already made a version for myself (though without buttons, becuase Ithink that clutters a beautifully simplistic design), so I guess that says it all. Wore it to the premere, which was the first time I dressed up for just a movie.

I'll tell you what, though. The new boots are terrible. Give me knee-high, steel-capped, overly buckled ass-kickers over wimpy ankle patent leathers anyday.

Sami
06-13-2003, 07:19 PM
I absolutely LOVE Neo's new coat. It's very plain and streamlined and bold and dynamic, and how it's a little more cinched around the waist and gradually flares out towards the bottom... and he looks WONDERFUL in it.

I didn't really prefer his first outfit; open trenchcoats are commonplace..

I'd love to have a coat like Neo's new one.. *o* But since I'm short and all, I'd look silly in it. I just need a tall lanky man to wear it around for me.. *____*

archangeli
06-14-2003, 01:21 AM
I like the swooshy factor of the new coat, but it looks like a priest's cassock... (minus the little white bit on the collar, hehe)

You know it's all about the shades :D

caelestis
06-14-2003, 01:44 AM
I liked Neo's new look in Reloaded best-- as everyone else has said so far, the coat looks awesome. I've already sewn one for a friend of mine to go as Neo, and now I'm using the same pattern to make my Unknown jacket from KH: Deep Dive (just adding a hood and working with the collar a bit).. I just hope it turns out cool.

Garuda_Aiacos
06-15-2003, 02:30 PM
I also love the new Neo Coat cause it's stylis IMHO. Wearing one last May 16th also gave me this special feelings, like being special and the "One". Version 2.0 will hopefully comes by this Nov. ;)

But IMHO, the first one may be a little more challenging to work on. Ones might not get immediately recognized as Neo but just think the amount of research and spending u must do to get almost every single part of it as accuratr as possible.

The Reloaded one is a bit straigh forward in design IMHO (okay, maybe shun for the varieties that exists between the different versions made for different scenes).

Ice dragon
06-16-2003, 04:21 AM
I loved that style of coat before I saw the movie^_^;;
But anyway, I love it, it's all nice, and streamlined, and very good looking!
The skirt effect is greatO.O
All swooshy:D
His original was nice too, but I like this one more...
*wants one*

Spike_Spiegel
02-28-2004, 01:14 AM
I think neo's best outfit is at the end of the first movie. He has the black pants, black shirt, long Airwalk boots, a shit load of guns and the regular trenchcoat. The new one looks cool when it's moving around while he's flying.

Ali
02-28-2004, 03:31 AM
I love the flow of the new coat... the only thing I like about making costumes with lots and lots of fabric is the drape and movement of it. I'll eventually make one of the priestish coats, only because I spent all of Reloaded (which I hated) thinking "Hey! I have the pattern to make that coat! Yeah, yeah, I do!" and then found one of my friends was willing to buy one from me. ^^
The only bad thing about it is that the fabric in the movie doesn't actually exist in real life... correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard they actually computerized the texture to make it absolutely unique. Gr. Gr I say.

ZiggyB
02-28-2004, 04:24 AM
Yah, I really like that coat as well. I made it for Halloween and man, talk about a recognizable costume! :)

And yes, the swoosh factor is very cool. I need to wear it out more often. LOL. :) But yah, it was a pain to deal with that much fabric (almost 6 yards) for a size small jacket. :P

Costume wise, yah I think the new jacket looks much better the the trenchcoat. Also you need that much fabric swooshing when you're flying around. :>

Did anyone notice that the coat changed again between Reloaded and Revolutions? It turned from a preist like coat to basically a really long suit jacket.

Supremeronin
03-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Ronin timidly puts up his hand...
"I kinda liked the original Neo!"
Ducks.

:D
I fully understand the costume progression...and I agree that the priesty-stuff is more suiting to his Reloaded/Revs character...

But for cosplay I`ve chosen to do the Lobby-Scene-Neo.....getting the webbing right aint easy, making my boots is a beeyatch....and getting all those guns....it ain`t cheap.
I`d agree that Priesty-Neo is maybe (only "maybe", I dunno for sure) easier to cosplay.
I do know it`s cheaper! :D
Also, I`ve seen a lot of Cosplayers do Priesty-Neo. That`s why I chose not to.

Just my 2yen.:)

Claireon
03-02-2004, 09:02 PM
I liked the original too. . . . Me likey the trenchcoats, and not the buttoned-up high-collar style. Too priestish and stodgey, and the silhouette looks so harsh. That, and -that- much black just saps the color out of Keanu's face.

I liked the long coat he wore in the train station in Revolutions. Sleek.