PDA

View Full Version : *Help!* Ema Skye Ace Attorney Cosplay

hollywe!rd
03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Before anything else, I should tell you... The Ace Attorney games are the best games I have ever played. I'm a huge fan. <333
Anyway,

I'm going to Anime North this year, and thinking of going as Ema Skye (older version) from Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney). I'm a total n00b when it comes to cosplaying, and being that it is my first, I thought an Ema Skye cosplay would be pretty simple. But I have no idea where to start!
Reference (http://anime.advancedmn.com/images/media/AA4Ema_Skye_Whole_body_Ex_psd_jpgcopy.jpg)
I could really use some help and feedback from anyone who's done an Ema Skye cosplay, and/or has a lot of experience. If have any questions for me concerning this issue, don't hesitate to ask!

(Note: I'd like to do a Lamiroir cosplay even more, but her outfit looks way to complicated. ><)

Sutoruberri
03-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, for her green jacket you can make that out of twill. The pants should be easy to find in your local stores along with the belt and pink undershirt (Probably you can find them at a thrift store). The tie you can make out of cotton and use white fabric paint for the white lines.

Gwiffen
03-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Is there anything specific about the costume you wanted to know? I'll go ahead and list the various difficulties I encountered.

1. Vest - Bought some fabric and the pattern McCall's M5186 and had at it. Stores around here just don't seem to sell vests like that. :/
2. Glasses - Ebay. S'all I have to say.
3. Belt - Took the buckle off one belt and stuck it on another (and later recycled the harvested belt for another cosplay). Painted the tip gold.
4. Lab coat - Bought online and modded slightly to fit the reference.
5. Purse - OMG. Made completely freehand from some leathery vinyl stuff since purses like that are just too specific for my perfectionism.
6. Hair - Bought a brown wig and an extension for the poofy ponytail-type thing (which incidentally cost more than the wig itself. Grr.). Easy styling.

Oh, here's the link to the general Phoenix Wright cosplay thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69856