PDA

View Full Version : It's getting close...

double00beaver
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Animazement's getting closer by the day! Where are you status wise with costumes, reservations, etc.?

My costumes....I have nothing. I have the top for my Demyx PJ outfit.

Reservations, luckily my friends are buying a room. I have to pay them and pay for my pass.

Thank goodness for birthdays, no?

GreatSG
03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
The con isn't close until it's May, we still got the rest of March and April to get through first. Course the main hotel's been sold out for a while, luckily I grabbed a room at a place next door for a better price.

I also wish the panel staff would get back to my friends and I about our panels.

double00beaver
03-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I know we still have a few months, but considering most cosplayers I know, including me, start after Christmas, it's getting close to crunch time here.

@___@ Usually by now I have all my outfits planned, sketched, and beginning to put them together.

cmkcubed
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
yeaaahhh I'm moving quite slow ^^; Though I do think I should be done with my Caster in two weeks. Depends on how much I work on everything this weekend. If I'm a good girl I should be able to have it done then, lol. But then I need to start on my commission (dun dun dunnnnn) but that one should only take me a week. and THEN maybe, I might work on another costume for myself. But atm I think I'm only going to have Clare and Caster ^^

I still need to pre-reg. gah, procrastination, how it thwarts me! XD

Regena
03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
*cracks the whip on all of you slackers* =P

LadyEos
03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm just waiting for a few things to arrive (a wig, a Bleach Captains' haori and my Hanatarou cosplay), and I need to finish up my kimono and then I'll be ready. :3

TybaltFlux
03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm set as far as costumes go and such, in general. Need to finish a few, order some things here and there, etc.

HOWEVER, I failed to get a hotel room once more. If anyone has space, or if they're dropping their reservation for the hotel (the con-holding hotel), gimme a shout via PM, it will be greatly appreciated :D.

Kyasaren
03-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I've sketched all my costumes... but hadn't started on them @_@ Aaaaa!! I'm starting on one now, thank god, and it's fairy simple so I should finish it in time.
Don't think I can do Freya in time, but I have another costume in mind I could do real quick. Darn you, school! D8<
And darn you to heck, procrastination! D8<<<

Luckily, my birthday is close to AZ (the day after) So... I will hopefully get some more money. My friend has gotten rooms for us at the other hotel this year. The Sheraton filled up so fast this year!

fear_nothing
03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm taking 5 costumes this year, and I've got 4 completed.

Problem is I need to save save save! I've got a room in the Sheridan but no money to pay for it lol

Luckily we're not too close. I believe I'll get it in time. If not, no dealers room. I could live with that though.

Tohma
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Hotel Reservation is made, registration is made, artist alley table is secured...

Stuff for artist alley? Need to get my butt in gear and do some new stuff

Cosplay? Uh...3 new costumes and zero progress on all of them. 1 old costume to finish updating. 1 old costume to repair.

Cosplay for others? 2 costumes to make, a wig to style, and a banner to make.

huh..how many months we got left? I think I better start working tomorrow...

Noxjas
03-11-2008, 01:37 AM
As much as I want it to get here quicker, I need more time.

I'll have four cosplays this year.

xlynx
03-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I Havent finished my costume yet but i probley will before may I still got april <3 and easter which gets me cash munnies

double00beaver
03-11-2008, 12:05 PM
*cracks the whip on all of you slackers* =P

-laughs- I think I'm gonna need that to get my Demyx done.

@___@ I let my grandmother talk me into going to Virginia Beach with her this weekend for three or four days which means unless I some how manage to magically stumble across cosplay items...I'm losing time.

KurzesHaar
03-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm doing pretty well on costumes. I'm debuting all new stuff, and I've finished 2 costumes and am about half done on the other one...I haven't been working very much recently though, so I need to get it finished.
I've got another con 2-3 weeks after AZ, so I really have to get my costumes for that con pretty much finished before AZ too XD

AZ will be the first con in a few years that I was actually NOT working on anything last minute (hopefully all my stuff will be done by the end of March) =D

wanderingdreamr
03-11-2008, 04:22 PM
According to the countdown thread I have 73 days to make one cosplay, buy another and decide if I should do a third. Definetly not enough time!

ChickenDoughnut
03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh sheesh okay heres the rundown:
Aya Matsuura ~ $260 dollars and I still need shoes and make the plushie. [Sigh]

Kenichi Ito ~ $250 dollars and I also need boots and a wig [Bigger sigh]

Anti Riku ~ $291 dollars for outfit, $80 for the body suit, Eyes cost me
nothing, Shoes will hopefully be cheap, And yet again need a wig. [Longer Sigh]

Luffy ~ Still need the hat and I just wasted $30 bucks on material after deciding I want to do Alabasta ver. of the coat and not a nother wig! [Holy money wasting Sigh]

Taichi ~ $80 dollars for Shirt, Shorts, Socks, basicly all cloth all I need now is googles, Crest tag and What?! a nother wig and this one is going to be the death of me [Resorts to bashing head]

At least the hotel is already reserved and all I have to pay is $40 cause my brother is being a nice birthday gift bearer. Yippy Skippy!

But I still need my Badge, Thank you karma for giving me a job! :P

Shara-chan
03-11-2008, 09:13 PM
I've got the pass, and we've decided we're just gonna drive up to Durham every morning ((about an hour and a half drive, woo fun!)) so no hotel. Costumes will be my rival.
L- I need the pants unless I can borrow some from my brother. Which I doubt. And I gotta figure out how to spike my hair. O_o
Kaoru- I'm making the blazer! For myself, my Hikaru, and maybe my Nekozawa. But Hikaru is paying for the fabric! ^_^ I also have the wig, but there must be a LOT of styling done.
Airi Suzuki- I can borrow the skirt, I'm borrowing my dad's tie and a sharpie ((that one'll be fun)), but my hair is too short to make a ponytail like hers, so it may just be my hair.
Daisuke- Got the pants, I just need to hem them (('cause they're about 2-3 inches past my heel. I hate being short sometimes, lol.)), I have a red shirt, I have a white shirt, but that wig is a story in and of itself. -_-'

And they are all new costumes! But I'd rather have all my own stuff by AZ '09, so I don't have to borrow as much stuff.

wanderingdreamr
03-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Well I got the socks for my amulet spade cosplay today, a bit short but they'll do. And my mom and I should be hitting up goodwill tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to find boots there!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-12-2008, 09:51 PM
*sighs*
-Next week is my Spring Break so Regena and I will be in cosplay sewing hell on Mon/Tues so i can try to get my Halibel costume done for this con.
-Brought my Disgaea wig today *dances* just need to style it and possibly completely remake the costume >.< I'm rethinking that now...might just wear it like it is. lol
-Have to finish Esther to the point that it is at least "anime" Esther (Trinity Blood) and not "artwork" Esther. The latter will take a bit longer then i thought
-Need to get a wig for Sylvia (No More Heroes) + make the costume a bit more accurate (specifically the shirt)
-Find all pieces to Allen and Hiyori which are probably still all packed from Katsu. lol

I have 6 costumes planned: Allen, Hiyori ( both complete), Female Fighter (remake), Sylvia, Esther (both started), and Halibel (planned)
Hotel reservation has been made loooong ago unless they kick me out of the room. lol
Never pre-reg cons, so i'll get badge when i get there.

Totally not enough time left to really get stuff ready. lol. Yes, i know we have a little over 2 months, but it's gonna be a photo finish when i get everything ready. bbbut, I CANT WAIT! I love Animazement. It's my fav con.

FFrikku
03-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh sheesh okay heres the rundown:
Aya Matsuura ~ $260 dollars and I still need shoes and make the plushie. [Sigh]

*glompage to the max* WELCOME FELLOW H!P COSPLAYER!
Whew! im so happy to have more h!p cosplayers this year at AZ! last year, i flipped when Twilight Musume took the stage in skits. this year, minakocat, shara-chan and i are gonna be rocking out at the shugo chara photo shoot!
what aya outfit are you doing?
...sorry long post...
to the point:

hotel rooms: CHECK!
Pre-registration: CHECK!
Moogle: CHECK!
Honto no Jibun (Momoko): 80% (need the shirt)
Ulquiorra: 90% (make helmet stay and maybe find wig...or *gulp* dye hair black O_O *nooo!*)
dances ready: Honto no jibun, Renai Rider, Crazy About You (and maybe more which will be cut short so I don't pass out >.>)
working on dances: Mikan

Lord_Sesshomaru
03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
well i have finally got my group to decide on costumes i think. my progress isn't much at the moment but i have purchased some supplies i needed. i got at least half the wonderflex that i'll need for cell and i purchased a heat gun today as well. i searched my current fabric stock and i found that i have all the white and red for Kotoko, the blue for Crowdia (i'll have to buy the black and the gold rings for her). as for the fourth, if he does go with Piccolo then i have the white, purple, and red already. so all i will need fabric wise is some black and i'll need some green too i think for cell for myself. it sounds like a lot but nothing i can't accomplish. ^_^ at least i hope so. LOL

LanceBardock
03-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't have my room, haven't registered. I have repaired one of my costumes, two are already done, and I have to finish two more and I didn't take any commissions that I remember, soooo all that's left is to FIND MY FREAKIN WIG I LOST IT!!!

funeralfor_you
03-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I've made the hotel reservation and I've pre-registered. As far as costumes go, I haven't really started. I bought some fabric but right now it's still sitting next to my sewing machine. The good thing is that I only have one costume to make and the bad is that I don't really know how I'm gonna do it.

Lord_Sesshomaru
03-14-2008, 11:57 PM
ok, slight change in plans. i will now be doing Sumomo from chobits in the place of Crowdia from rhapsody. a slight set back right now but overall i think it will be better. the piccolo is still in debate so thats on hold for the moment. *prepares for the onslaught of impending cosplay projects* O_O

Sh!bby
03-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Lovelyyyy. Thanks for reminding me how very behind I am. _-_

Hotel is reserved, got a Sheraton room, but the person whose name and card it is reserved in will no longer be able to attend, so I have to SOMEHOW get it transferred to my name (must call and bicker with hotel people until they get the point...I've had problems with this in the past).

Costumes...
Rider- Need to order the wig and purple pleather, and sew EVERYTHING. Luckily it's a fairly simple dress and bootcovers...the weapon is from a friend and so are the base gloves. Blindfold should be cake, I've already got the technical bits worked out.

'secret group' costume (I personally don't care, but apparently the others want it to be a secret, so whatever.)- Buy wig (found, just haven't ordered. Bah, money.), make some bits, buy others to alter. Boots already found, just need covers. Need to figure out if I'm gonna buy the guns or not.

-quick question, if i take apart an airsoft gun, hot glue all the moving parts, and fill the thing with hot glue, and glue an orange tip, will it be consafe? The type of gun I need is available el-cheapo in Airsoft form, and since I don't use airsoft guns normally, I don't mind rendering this one unusable. I'll ask the AZ forums just in case-

O-ren Ishii- Still up in the air. Depends on money/time/etc.

Soooo much moneeyyyy. D":

Gravitationxx--
03-15-2008, 10:02 AM
It's crunch time for me. I'm still putting in an order for my Organization XIII coat since I didn't want to make a perfectly good coat look. . terrible. Finishing up my Organization XIII Pj Top. [Yay Glitter Glue Pens~!]

>3 I can't wait!

Sadly, I need to pay for my ticket and get a hotel room. I'm hoping if I pay for the ticket, my dad will pay for the Hotel. This will be my first con! I was like 'Well Mom I'm like fifteen and I need to go do something in my intrest. Plus. . It'll keep me away from DRUGS! -Furious nodding- I'll be good! Plus dad will have to keep up with me anyways! >3'

Other than that, I just need to finish up my costumes and get my reservations. I'm getting behind.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Soooo much moneeyyyy. D":

yesss. I hate the amount of money i spend when i get ready for a con...and then have to spend a large sum of money at a con. I'm poooor.

and you're doing Rider!? Must hunt you down for pics

wanderingdreamr
03-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Well I was able to hit up goodwill and Hancocks today so I'm a litle more prepared!
Ticket: Got it and at least one of my friends has her's as well.
Room: Reserved! Now I just need to figure out how we are spiltting the cost...
Yuki Cross- found a skirt and jacket today and bought white ribbon for the jacket. Now I get to learn how to hem a pleated skirt, lovely.
Aumlet Spade- got fabric and patterns for the shorts, more fabric to dye for the shirt and I'm going to look up patterns for the hat tonight and see if any of my friends has a pair of boots I could borrow.

Shara-chan
03-16-2008, 07:33 AM
This will be my first con! I was like 'Well Mom I'm like fifteen and I need to go do something in my intrest. Plus. . It'll keep me away from DRUGS! -Furious nodding- I'll be good! Plus dad will have to keep up with me anyways! >3'

You and I are just alike. And that sounds kinda like something I'd say to my parents too. Maybe it's just being 15? ^_~

Styling my Hitachiin Kaoru wig....isn't working. And one of my friends is trying plan our next costumes. I got her all into Fruits Basket, since I have all 4 DVDs at home, and we watched them all ((my 3rd time watching the series.)), so she's got an obsession with it now. She wants me to go as Kyo, herself as Yuki, and our other friend as Hatsuharu, then the other day I go as Hanajima, herself as Arisa, and our other friend as Tohru. It'd work, but I told her plan for the next con after AZ.

fear_nothing
03-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Shara, what day are you going as Kaoru?

Rhi
03-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Arrrgh... I don't even want to think about all the stuff I've got to do...

Anti Sora: Fortunately I've got most of the materials needed to make it... figured out a way to make glowing eyes, though mounting them to the mask is a different story...

Sasori: I've got the stuff to make the main body and the cord... still have get pants, finish the shoes and such.

Third undecided cosplay is still in the air... I would LOVE to be sleeping/hibernation Sora from Chain of Memories... but I don't know how I could afford the time or money to make the bubble... X_x So yeah.... ideas? lol

*sigh* I'm so behind... I'll be fortunate to finish these two cosplays, why am I even considering a third one? O-o

Sapharia
03-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm bringing 4 costumes this year:

Hatoko - it's done, just need the shoes and socks and some final touch ups

Misa ver. 2 - it's done too! wig needs some fixing and need boots, contacts maybe?

Rukia - finishing up the top, need wig and shoes, everything else is done

Mitsuki - in progress!! bought the fabric and materials, but havent worked on it yet, I will most likely wear this costume on friday for the karaoke

already reserved a room and pre-reg