PDA

View Full Version : Ice Breaker: Who is going?

Studmaster
06-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Well, its finally up here. So lets get this started with an obivious question.

Who is going to Nekocon?

Recca-kun
06-14-2003, 12:01 AM
I'll probably go since I've been there the past three years... I just need to some people to drive with (I'm not driving four hours plus by myself). As far as costumes go, anything that I wear at AX or Otakon is possible, as are a retired one and a secret one. :)

Giant Alucard
06-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Ooooooo. coolness. I'll be there for sure (5 minutes away from my house). I will wear most of my costumes and 2 new ones that i will try to have made for otakon. For some reason, I'm thinking of being Ash from Army of darkness..... no reason, just funny.

HikaruShindo
06-14-2003, 09:42 PM
@.@ Ooo Im going.. I've been asked by some people from the NekoCon forums to go as Aisha. Ill be going as Eternal Sailor Uranus as well Whee XD!

Sami
06-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Me me MEEE! Totally MEEEE! ^___^ This will be my first Nekocon, I'm so exciiited! As far as costumes go.. it's really sad, I honestly have NO clue what or who I'm bringing/making... .____. *sigh*

Oshi
06-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Hells yeah, I had so much fun last year, and the weather was so nice, it's a great wind-down con to end the season.

And the nice weather is especially good before I have to suffer another Philadelphia winter XD

I don't plan on costuming much, cuz I wanna chill. *nod*

madhatterr104
06-15-2003, 12:55 PM
im going :) it's like 10 minutes away..tehehe. i can't wait....

RHIshida
06-15-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going :D

Rinkun
06-15-2003, 06:20 PM
i'm definitely going! besides, i haven't been to nekocon since my first every convention (nekoconR)...and now my convention buddy then is coming again with me this year! yay! and we're gonna be in the cosplay again, but we're planning it this year unlike in '99 -_-; i'll have 2 costumes...as usual ^_^;

ainslye
06-15-2003, 07:17 PM
*just pre-reg'ed at AMA this morning* Wheeeee!

Rei2Rei
06-16-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm going! This will be my first NekoCon! ;)

Giant Alucard
06-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Coolness!!! Hope to see you all there!

Mako-san
06-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Yes I'm going too!!! Not sure what I'm bringing but definately going!! ahh this will be my fourth Neko!

Riveraria
06-16-2003, 08:07 PM
I'm going to try to go to Nekocon it was sooooooooo much fun last year ^_^

LadyXara
06-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Definitely hitting Neko ^^ As it is only 20 mins away lol....would be kinda stupid to sit it out ^^ This'll be year four going to Neko and to anybody who hasn't been to Neko and is considering going : DO IT! This con rocks! Its small but a blast and you will definitely meet a lot of kewl people ^^;; But be nice to the poor pilots that ALWAYS seem to come in and stay at the hotel during this con....they've been extremely scarred these past few years ^^;;;

As for costumes...the only one I am currently (praying) going to make....is Klaha's Gardenia outfit *wink* He's so pwetty *points at avvy* I'm bringing my Chu Chu cos she is sooo spensive it would be a waste not to....other than that not sure...

Himemiya
06-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Assuming i get someone to help drive (seven hours is waaaay too much for me) I am going! Yay!

Romann
06-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Rei2Rei
I'm going! This will be my first NekoCon! ;)

Me too! I hope it will be fun ^^

Giant Alucard
06-17-2003, 07:11 AM
It will be, dont worry!

dizzylizzy
06-17-2003, 05:27 PM
:::raises hand::: i'm going and bringing my friend ainslye with me. woo!

cordless runner
06-17-2003, 05:31 PM
I might go, A lot of people have been asking me about it...I might ask Agent IY and Agent K too....lol

Maxima
06-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I am probably going to go. Just got to find out if I can get the same ride that I have gotten the past couple of years, or if I need to ask the people at home. As for costumes, probably the ones I have for Otakon.

cordless runner
06-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah same here...don't feel like making any more costumes for awhile....

KiasydAntitribu
06-18-2003, 06:59 AM
I'm going to Neko! I pre-regged that same morning with Ainslye and DizzyLizzy (because we all ended up having -more- money than we thought at the end of AMA... who ends a con with MORE money?!).

I think after Otakon, I'm not going to be doing any -new- costumes, but I guess it depends on the reception I get for the ones I take to Otakon (whatever ones they may be).

Cordless Runner, you should -definitely- go! Bearers of the Green Flame, Baltimore Chapter (like there are more than two of us, anyway)... UNITE! Get Agent IY and K to come, too, even though they're not of the Green Fire. That way we can all be chaotic again... maybe scare some people at a local Denny's or something.

- Loki -
"My plans are -always- practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success."

cordless runner
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, i will run it by them this weekend.....

Kas
06-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Cool.. I'm glad Cosplay.com finally put up a post about Neko. I'm definitely going to this con. It's a very fun con to go to. I have fun every year.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

KiasydAntitribu
06-18-2003, 08:55 PM
I've never been. By the time it comes around, Neko will be my 5th Convention ever... started with Otakon 02, then Katsnowcon, AMA (aka Ryouga-con), then I'll go to Otakon 03 before Neko. What's it like, if you can compare it to any of those?

- Loki -
"Do you know anyone who says 'radical' anymore?"

RHIshida
06-18-2003, 08:57 PM
This'll be my first Nekocon, woot.

DarkMgcnGirl
06-18-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm definatly going ... It's my favorite con of the year as I've ALWAYS had fun at it .... and I run the Hall Costume Contest so I'm kinda required to be there ... *laughs*

Kas
06-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Hmmm.. how do you describe Nekocon?

Well it seems that every year something happens. Last year someone passed out at the dance or someone broke their leg or something. Lots of room parties. Oooh the air conditioning broke in the main hall way of the lobby so it was very hot there.

But somehow the masquarade turns out to be a good show and starts on time. @_@

KiasydAntitribu
06-19-2003, 08:34 PM
On... time.. anime con.. starting something on time... Paradox... setting in.. reality... consuming itself.. dogs and cats... living together...

- Loki -
"I'd like to buy a bowel."

ryuichi fangirl
06-19-2003, 10:37 PM
going...year #4...same as Xara lol..and I only really want my Gardenia Mana to be done for this...*maybe* Shindemo Boogie Woogie ver Miyavi (teh red, sparkly outfit ^^)...if I have the time...:P

Arisa
06-25-2003, 05:23 PM
I might go. My boyfriend lives 10 minutes away from the con (walking time, too), so it would be a good opportunity to see him. Now, I just need those good grades...

minako chan
06-26-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm going!

hopestar
06-28-2003, 03:48 AM
I'm so there. This is going to be my third con and my daughter's first con.

As for costumes. I know that I'm going as Kanna from Inu Yasha. The scary little girl with the mirror. And for my daughter I was thinking about Plum from Chobits.

Neko Cathy
07-05-2003, 07:29 PM
So far I believe I'm going and if I do go, I'm going w/ Oshi, Lady Ava, Jil and her man, Ranma and Stud.

UnwantedKikyo
07-23-2003, 08:22 PM
im going too yall im being kikyo but watch out i got a bow...lolz

hitokiribatosai
07-29-2003, 02:25 AM
i mite go. it depend on my friend if they want to go or not. if not srew them im going alone. i mite goes as innuyasha or kenshin hell maybe even both.

ps this is my first time too

Strata
07-29-2003, 04:42 PM
I -THINK- I should be going. I got alot of new freedom with my job recently. And nothing pleases me more than going and dorking it up with a buncha people.

All I need now is a fine young lady, a video camera and a drifter wearing black and I'll be ready for adventure once again this year!

Er uhm... Maybe just someone to ride in the car with me would be fine...

Eurobeat King
07-30-2003, 04:08 AM
This may be early, but there is a strong possibility that I may NOT be able to go to Nekocon this year. :( I've enjoyed the past 2 years, but I checked airfare to go from SF to Virginia Beach, and currently it's WAAYYYY too much for me to go. Unless it goes down dramatically, I may have to skip out on Nekocon, which I don't want to do, since it's usually the last con of the year that I get to see my East Coast cosplayer friends, like Tin Nyanko, Realize_DOP, Erika Door, Mako-san and her sister, Rosiel, etc. I shall keep you all posted as November comes along.. Hope I can make it. *crosses fingers*

MonoyashaJLA
07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
This is my first Nekocon and I will be bringing Tora, cordless runner, Reiko, Hyper o^.^o and of course myself to this last con of the year..lol...I will be bringing my Inuyasha and Kilala costume.

dizzylizzy
07-30-2003, 09:29 PM
::looks at monoyasha::: and the 2 emis shall keep you in line. ::winks::

UnwantedKikyo
08-01-2003, 02:34 PM
im also going as belldandy in her racing outfit!!!if i can find her stupid racing boots anywhere!!!!grrrrrr.......but yea im going...hehehe

Kellie
08-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I'll be at Nekocon this year! My very first Nekocon. I'm looking forward to it as well. I have some vague ideas of what I might be bringing with me, but that could easily change. I'll probably lurking about with Sami and Rosiel. ^_^

Sheerluck
08-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Whee! This will be my first time at Neko-Con, and my second con altogether (Third if you count my Sunday at AMA3... at a hotel up the street from me :crylaugh: ). Thank heavens it's at a Holiday Inn (I'm right, right?)... My friends and I get to stay for FREE since my dad has so many free nights there. ^_^ I'll be going as May (PIRATE GIRL!) from Guilty Gear. Hope to see everyone there!

Sheerluck
08-03-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ryuichi fangirl
going...year #4...same as Xara lol..and I only really want my Gardenia Mana to be done for this...*maybe* Shindemo Boogie Woogie ver Miyavi (teh red, sparkly outfit ^^)...if I have the time...:P
GASP! I know someone who would have a seizure if you went as Miyavi. I'm serious. She's friggin crazy bout those songs...

Mishima
08-11-2003, 12:42 PM
I think I might goto this one. Just got back from Otakon and im ready for the next one.

Tora
08-11-2003, 03:42 PM
As said above, I'll be going with my favorite crew of crazy cosplayers!

I'll definately be bringing my Inuyasha costume (or costumeS, if you include the PJ and rocker versions), and will hopefully have a Marik costume done by then as well.

ryuichi fangirl
08-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Sheerluck
GASP! I know someone who would have a seizure if you went as Miyavi. I'm serious. She's friggin crazy bout those songs...

^_^..lol..well..I have to see how money is for it...( Otakon cost quite a bit >_<...doh)..but...we'll see..I may have to put it off a bit if money is too tight for it..or..if for some reason I can't do Mana..I'd do that one instead ^^;

Shastar
08-12-2003, 08:52 PM
*sniff* all this love for Nekocon, does my heart good^_^

I'll, of course be there, seeing as how I am the live events coordinator. *stress stress* But I do it because I love Neko^_^ Katsu may have been my first con, but Neko will always be the con closest to my heart (been with it since it's birth).

Big Danny T

Kas
08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Yea Neko is awesome.. This will be my forth.. It is that hometown kinda feel to it.

It was also my first time winning a masquarade award too at this con. And they put on a good one too. ^.^

ChiiProductions
08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
I'll be going my first neko con too ^_^ *happy dance*

^_^i'm part of plushie con so i kindahave to go ^_^
.. Stop by the room party ^_^;; we have one almost everynight

i hope to meet alot of u there

cordless runner
08-13-2003, 05:55 PM
*looks at tora*
Awwww, I am among your favorite crew of crazy cosplayers! LOL
I cant wait until Nekocon...grrr gotta start my Bakura costume soon.

hyper o^.^o
08-14-2003, 09:38 AM
I've never been to Nekocon... but they promised to take me! So I'm going! YEAY!!! ^__^

EvaFriedel
08-14-2003, 12:16 PM
First post at Cosplay.com... hopefully I'll be going to Nekocon, too. Didn't get to go last year. :( Hopefully I'll be Witch Hunter Robin, and.... dunno what else yet.

TomWeiser
08-14-2003, 01:26 PM
deleted

sirensfall
08-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Yay Nekocon! It was my first con too, and of my 3 thusfar (Neko, Katsucon, and Otakon) it's been my favorite, with the exception of the tiny game rooms. i liked the fact that i could walk through the con in 3 minutes. haha. I also go to school in newport news, so i will be going with my boy and my school's anime club. Planned costumes include an original catgirl (come on, i have to for this con) and possibly Shinobu from Love Hina, or bringing back my Su or Naru costumes. Yay Neko!

White Ninja
08-14-2003, 10:29 PM
please believe i will be attending this con....it'll be my 2nd nekocon....boo-ya....

Midknight
08-15-2003, 02:51 AM
I live 15/20 minutes away from the Holiday Inn, and I'm prereg-ed... So if I don't show up, something's wrong! ^_^

I hope I'll have my Charlotte and Meier costumes done by then...

Spiffy
08-17-2003, 10:58 AM
I THINK a group of friends and I are going to this...I hope we do...

We're gonna do a Yu Yu Hakusho group if we do~ :D

Forte.EXE
08-17-2003, 11:39 AM
This is gonna be my first nekocon.I'm Going dressed as Elk from Arc the Lad.

Mako-san
08-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Yes Neko is like home, even more so than Animazement! I usually have a great time!! The people are soo nice! Just hope we either get the great weather we did last year or the AC works!!

Link Arroway
08-26-2003, 10:23 AM
weee, Link is going. Even tho I might of already said that I forget and didn't see that I had. This will be my first NekoCon as well.

Shastar
08-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Yes Neko is like home, even more so than Animazement! I usually have a great time!! The people are soo nice! Just hope we either get the great weather we did last year or the AC works!!

heh, the hotel installed brand new AC units about a week after last years Neko, so keeping cool will be no problem^_^

and the weather has been good for that weekend for the past 5 years, no reason it shouldn't for this year *Crosses fingers for the sake of Panels-By-The-Pool*

Dan

Hiroe
08-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I too, shall be attending.

Hopefully i'll have my van running by then, or else i'll have to go begging for a ride. I'd rather not do that, considering the disasterous results the LAST time i trusted my ride home to someone else.

--Drew

psythe
08-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Looks like I will have one last con before I ring out 2003 ;)

See you all there!

DarkMgcnGirl
09-02-2003, 09:54 PM
*Crosses fingers for the sake of Panels-By-The-Pool*

Dan

Dan I hope that it's nice if you're putting the Hall Costume Contest outside ... my poor self will freeze if it's cold in some of the costumes I'm making. *laughs*

~Patti

KuroBara
09-03-2003, 04:09 PM
This is very tentative~ but I may be going. It's bad timing, but I think I can do it. It's way too early to know which costumes I'd bring!

char_hakkai
09-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Well, I wasn't going to go to Nekocon this year, but...I was convinced to change my mind. xD I'm really looking forward to it now.
This will be...I think, my fourth Nekocon.
I'm really glad I can go; fall just wouldn't have seemed right without Nekocon!

Sciguy
09-05-2003, 10:56 PM
*grabs Tora, Monoyasha, Reiko, Hyper, and Cordless Runner* I'm going with them!!

Mua ha ha! The lecherous monk returns!!

sandruu
09-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Nekcon is my con roots! It was my 1st con(neko 3) and still one of my favorites. Otakon got me powed up and ready to go! I am bringing my club 20-40 people but I think most will be scattered over the con. I live 15 minutes away but I still got a suite(PARTY!). I also have been staffing it for a while and I can't wait!!!!!!!! XD
-Justin ^_^'

touchymiroku
09-06-2003, 06:56 PM
It is me the touchy monk girl person woohoo! now who be stealin my fan girls

Eurobeat King
09-07-2003, 01:56 AM
I sent in my pre-reg. fee in today! :D So hopefully they'll post my name on the list in a few weeks, and the last step to my going to Nekocon will be.. airfare.. :thumbsup: "oooh, that's gotta hurt!!" indeed.. But, it'll be worth it to return to Nekocon for the 3rd year in a row, and why not enjoy it as the last con for me in 2003.

2 months from now (sorry to remind people who are working on those costumes..) we'll be seeing each other and having fun! :D Good luck with the costumes and preparations, and I'll see you all there!

Reiko
09-10-2003, 12:52 AM
*looks around and smacks Sci guy with her boom boom* Sango no like you ... ehehe *then looks at monoyasha hyper Tora cordless runner liz and Jason.* I didnt do it...
anyway yes I'll be there with the crew....
my costumes SO FAR include...

Wedding Yuna (as seen at Otakon)
Sango (punk pj's ect.)
Jill V as a request from Al.. ^_^
Luna from lunar...
Reiha since midnight will be there...
and thats it so far... then again I havent desided on more costumes to bring and its a long way away

Midknight
09-10-2003, 02:28 AM
Reiha since midnight will be there...

::Waves to Reiko and then hands her a 'k':: lol

I'm so psyched about this con- and that's not something that happens often... It's soo close now though. I gotta get busy! ^_^;;

katchoo
09-10-2003, 03:10 PM
I'm going!!! YAY! I have no idea what costumes yet except two kitty costumes. heh

Sciguy
09-10-2003, 04:28 PM
lol, I seem to remember Sango and Miroku walking and Sango had an arm around Miroku... hehe...

Reiko
09-10-2003, 08:56 PM
*smiles at midnight* lol yes for the VMP group!

*eye twitches at Sci guy* ......dont even think about it....

Schala
09-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Well, I finally found a decent flight down so it looks like I'll be going to Nekocon too! ^_^

KuroBara
09-15-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm definitely going, yay! This will be my first Nekocon.

I'm planning on two new costumes, Blueberry Muffin from Strawberry Shortcake, and Jean from Lunar 2. I don't know about a third...any ddr, Yu-gi-oh or Love Hina groups?

DarkMgcnGirl
09-15-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm definitely going, yay! This will be my first Nekocon.

I'm planning on two new costumes, Blueberry Muffin from Strawberry Shortcake, and Jean from Lunar 2. I don't know about a third...any ddr, Yu-gi-oh or Love Hina groups?

I'm hoping to have at least one of my YuGiOh costumes done. Not sure which one based on the amount of time I have. But 2 other people in my crew are doing YGO costumes as well.

~Patti