PDA

View Full Version : Anybody planning on going to the ballroom/formal dance?

Kira_Yamato
06-14-2003, 05:16 AM
Hey, is anyone goin' to this? I've been debating wether or not to go, and was wondering if anyone from here is going. And, does anyone know if it's OK to show up alone? i don't have anyone to go with, but i figured i'd meet someone there (any time I go to anything like that, I get girls dragging me onto the floor!) Unless, that is, anyone's looking for somebody to go with...

Fake_Harley
06-14-2003, 01:10 PM
I think it's ok to go alone... But I'm the queen of never knowing what I'm talking about so maybe you shouldn't trust me! n_n;;;

K_Valentine
06-14-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm going to this dance (never was a fan of the techno hip-hop thingees at most cons). Hmm, I may be alone, with a group, or a friend. I will either be in my fancy suit (non-cosplay) or GTO suit.

Hopefully it will be more than a fancy dress hip-hop techno thingee. I didn't take those ballroom dance lessons for nothing.

Famira Damaris
06-14-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking of going. I'm, like, the worse dancer in the world. oO; Still, it'll probably be fun. Just how formal would this have to be? *oblivious* XD;

Maryssa
06-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, they refuse to play even a little techno/trance.

Michi
06-14-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm planning on going~ hee. Just have to figure out what the heck to wear. o.o

ZiggyB
06-14-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm be going. I'm also getting some dance lessions from my co-worker so that I won't look like a complete idiot.

I'll probably go in my Ohgami Ichiro Battle Uniform since that looks very "formal."

Velvy
06-14-2003, 06:09 PM
When is this dance? I'll probably go just to check it out--I doubt I'll enjoy it though. :\

SohjiroX
06-14-2003, 06:42 PM
If I have an outfit for it I am going to look into it and have some fun, hopefully, if not...darn it than.

Fake_Harley
06-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Hmmm. I don't think I'll go. i don't know how to dance, so I can toatally see myself falling flat on my face in front of everyone. n_n;; Plus I don't know what I'd wear. And if I was bored at dances in highschool, odds are I'll be bored at dances now, too.

domestik
06-14-2003, 08:21 PM
*grin* It'd be fun to go to, but I have major doubts about attending, not to mention a lack of enthusiasm for showing up partnerless and groupless. o_O;

When I think "formal" I'm thinking slow dancing, walting, that sorta stuff. x_X;

I do a mean lead and/or follow in the waltz though.... or swing, or salsa even. Although, I'm certainly not 100% qualified dancer. ^^ My partners were all horribly inept so I did most of the leading... even when I was supposed to follow. And to top it all off, two of them were either half a head or OVER half a head taller than me. Egads. x_X;;

Daitenshi
06-15-2003, 12:41 AM
I'm going with a group of friends~ I don't know what I'm going to wear just yet... perhaps my egl dress.

Cait
06-15-2003, 01:41 PM
My usual formal crossplay dance partner just dropped out. *pout* And I had the most perfect costumes, too!

Nadeshiko
06-15-2003, 03:53 PM
I'll be wearing my new Karen Kasumi dress. ^^ Yes, dress...not lingerie.

As far as dates go, mreh...might as well go with friends. ^^v

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-15-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm going...but I need a date ;_;

Rey-Rey
06-15-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm not. >=D

Woof. >=D $2 Tabs. >=D