PDA

View Full Version : Fruitsbasket Skit

mitylene
06-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Hello :)
We got a group of fruits basket cosplayers together and we want to do a funny skit for a con in the south in July. We have a Tohru, Momiji, Hana, and the Doctor person. We've been thinking up ideas here and there. Something that has to do with momiji transforming and everyone covering it up from Hana. I was wondering if anyone has cool suggestions for anythign else we can do. Or how to pull of the "proof" thing well on stage?

Scortia
06-14-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm curious what con you're going to since I live in the south and can't imagine what it is... AnimeFest maybe? Anyway, for A-kon we had a huge group of 9 for a Furuba skit... it was most of the Sohma guys taking a "fangirl challenge" to see who would be the last person hugged... the joke was that that person was Yuki, who freaks out over not having fangirls. ^o^ As for the poof sign, we got a hoe, super-taped cardboard to the blade and then super taped a big white cardboard "poof" (thus, it can sit flat on the ground and be stomped on like a Tom&Jerry rake) and screamed "poof!" into the mic... the poof was practically worshipped at A-kon. ^^;; We also threw a plushie in the air when our character was changed. ^^;; It looks shotty, but that also helps the humor of it. Lesse, your Momiji can hold up a big cardboard poof... you may not need a stomping one if only one person will use it. I advise you to enjoy Tohru's random panicing and give her some funny excuses for why they are acting strange... "Oh.. I think Momiji went off to DDR".... good luck to you...

The doctor is Hatori. ^.^

mitylene
06-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh thanks that sounds like a really good idea :) It sounds like you had a really funny skit for A-kon. Well when I say south I mean wayyyy south ;) There's a first year con in Tampa called MetroCon and also one two weeks after it in Orlando called AFO. Those are the ones we're planning on. :)
Thanks for tell me Hatori's name ;) I am awful with remembering names ;)

Scortia
06-17-2003, 10:58 PM
OMG, I just saw your costume picture, you and Tohru are so cute! I always loved Momiji in the school outfit... that wig is excellent as well. Good luck to you guys, you really look the parts! ^.^