PDA

View Full Version : cosplay games

Yui
06-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Okay, this seems to be a bit more popular at Otakon, but I know at AX there will be at least a few informally organized activities for people to do while cosplaying besides just sitting around. (LatinVixen just reminded me that I was going to ask about this sooner.) If anyone has other ideas for weird little hallway events...?

- Cosplay Twister:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14142
- Psycho pSoccer:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13889

Um, I've also heard rumors a while ago about either a game of mahjong or poker during the Saiyuki group on Saturday (anybody confirm that?)

Ayaka
06-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Uwaaah~ Saiyuki mahjong/poker?!! NO T_T I probably can't make the Saiyuki gathering because of masq stuff . . . *sniffle*

Hmm . . . cosplay Ultimate Frisbee? ^^;

Yggdrasil Pie
06-15-2003, 02:02 AM
Cosplay DUCK DUCK GOOSE! XD It's a very childish game, but imagine cosplayers in a big circle trying to run after each other...^^;;;

ZiggyB
06-15-2003, 02:15 AM
Ooh I'd get in on the mahjong! :) But I'm afraid I don't have a Saiyuki costume. :(

Yui
06-15-2003, 04:41 AM
Ayaka...maybe we can make our own game at a different time....? I have no group obligations on Thursday exactly yet

Ziggy... *plots* Well now that J is Sanzo, we do happen to have an extra Hakkai costume. Hehehe.

That's it, somebody bring a board.

Eek. Duck duck goose. XD That's the same level of complexity as like Heads-up 7-up...hehe, I like though. I can totally see that one going down.

ZiggyB
06-15-2003, 04:53 AM
Yui: Oh brother, I walked right into that one didn't I? X-/

I have a Mahjong set but it's really heavy, I'll see if I can find a travel one or something. :)

Yui
06-15-2003, 05:08 AM
Saiyuki snare has been sprung! Victim is trapped and helpless.
Join us, join us.....

You know, you'd actually make a really good Hakkai, tho, personality-wise and everything. ^_^ Um, we would help you beat away the fangirls even.
Anyway, the costume never quite fit J comfortably, but it probably would for you. Ask Lilli about it if you wanna. ( We know how they favor you so ;D )

Yeah, travel edition. ^_-
And the world gets a little more Saiyuki-fied.
:heart:

ZiggyB
06-15-2003, 05:41 AM
You think? I've only seen the first 5 episodes of Saiyuki, and I never saw myself as Hakkai. 8-o

Which reminds me, I need to get the second dvd that was released.

Hey, I'm game for anything I guess. I'll talk to Lilli about it. :) Eek, like I didn't have enough costumes to wear at AX. :)

Yui
06-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Hmm, I honestly don't know about the commercially-released version of Saiyuki...appearantly Hakkai did get changed a lot...? O_o*
Enough costumes...hmmm... I've knocked it down from an insane 10 possible choices to 6-7 for myself. My problem is always wanting to bring everything (just in case) - that and agreeing to help out too many groups, too. I think there may be one more cut, tho. Swapping cosplays has become a game in and of itself.

Ayaka
06-15-2003, 08:23 PM
After hearing me rant about it, I seriously hope Ziggy didn't watch the dub. x_X

Aww . . . if Ziggy's gonna be Hakkai, I'd like to bring Sanzo . . . but I swore I wasn't going to wear him again until I got him fixed up. ><;;;

ZiggyB
06-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Don't worry, I watched it subbed, unless they messed that up. 8-o

I dunno, I just don't see myself as this always easy going, happy, guy that trys to make peace all the time....

Wait... am I really like that?

Man, all this just so I can play mahjong? X-|