PDA

View Full Version : Costume Progress v2.0

Oshi
09-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Heheheh... Here's how far I am on my Seifer costume.
http://68.83.68.8/seifer0.jpg
Awsome, huh?
Just add a plank of uncut, bare wood to that.

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-12-2002, 09:07 PM
YOUR SUFFICATING THE POOR STUFFED ANIMAL!!! GET HIM OUT OF THERE!!!

lol Nice action figure

Oshi
09-12-2002, 11:35 PM
Gunblade ready for cutting tomorrow!
http://68.83.68.8/gunblade0.jpg

Nana: There's not much better than a figure to use as a 3D guide ^_^

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-13-2002, 05:17 PM
kewl....uhhhh wut happend to the wall back there?

Oshi
09-13-2002, 05:24 PM
. . . Must you notice the minor details in my pics? -_-;;
I kicked it the other night when I was pissed. Yes, I held back, cuz I didn't wanna get my foot stuck. See my LJ (www.livejournal.com/users/paulioshi/) for details...

KuroBara
09-13-2002, 07:30 PM
Lol, the progess pic for my Jean costume would be 4 gold bracelets. (Actually, they were bought for Suzaku no Miko, H&M, 38 cents each)

Ali-kun
09-15-2002, 02:11 AM
Are those...those buttons that you cover with fabric to match the costume?!

If they're not, then yah, whatever, they're shiny metal thingies anyway and shiny metal thingies are good. But I am in love with those buttons XD

I have used them for the jacket to another costume that is at approximately the same level of completion, and they are SO CUTE! Eeeee!
(uncovered, they totally rock when a character has huge silver buttons, too...go Shinobu)

Rarrr, can't wait to see what you come up with when you actually take scissors to fabric ^_~

Oshi
09-15-2002, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I'm just using them as silver buttons. He has three round silver stud-things on each shoulder in the dark grey patch.

What I did (yesterday, since it's 3AM >.<): I measured and drew outlines for the vest in the fabric! And misplaced my scizzors.. and had to go to work... so... dammit. yeah. I should cut out the fabric and bring it all with me tomorrow to work so I can pin it up, then sew it when I get home...
Cuz at this rate, I'll be done for Katsucon, if I'm lucky -_-

Oshi
09-17-2002, 11:10 PM
http://68.83.68.8/seifer1.jpg

Finally I have decent enough progress to show off on the vest...
Note that the horizontal stripe is only pinned on. The rest of the lining is stitched on 1x, I'm gonna secure it down again. And I'm yet to line the bottom of the vest.
So it'll be done tomorrow!
Then I can start the trench... hooo boy... that's whats gonna get me.

Sami
09-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Waah, I can't see any of your pictures! ;_; *sniffle* And here I was, gonna cheer you on.. ^^

Oshi
09-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Well, that was probably because you tried to access it while... my computer was off. LoL.
All those 68.83.* addresses are when my computer is at home, which is most of the time. But sometimes I take it to school, etc.
So, I'm at home now, you can try it now =P

Kamui Motoaki
09-18-2002, 02:32 PM
looking good. . ^_^

krystal1314
09-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Oshi,
Are you going to AnimeNext?!?!?!

Sami
09-18-2002, 04:09 PM
Ooh, I can see 'em now! ^_^

*cheers!!* XD

Oshi
09-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Yes, Krystal, I am. ^_^

ergh... my hair is a mess in that pic...
dude... I so have the hair to do Spike o_o;

Sami
09-18-2002, 06:31 PM
LOL ;_; A Spike in Seifer's clothing?

And now, for Sami's Barrage of Questions™! Are you doing this costume for AnimeNext? Is it gonna be KH Seifer? An' what kinda wood did you use for the gunblade? Hmmm? ^^;;; *Curious; is doing a KH Squall for AnimeUSA*

Oshi
09-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Yes, I'm doing it for AnimeNEXT, I'm doing both FF8 and KH style, I have no clue what kind of wood it is... I should ask my dad. One sec....
...okay, he doesn't know o_o; He thinks it's from a fir tree, but not sure which cuz it has no knots in it at all (very nice peice of wood, and it was just laying around ^_^

Sami
09-18-2002, 07:18 PM
Aa lucky! We don't have any wood laying around here.. so it's off to Home Depot for me, LOL! :D

krystal1314
09-18-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Yes, Krystal, I am. ^_^

ergh... my hair is a mess in that pic...
dude... I so have the hair to do Spike o_o;

Yatta!
More FF ppl at AnimeNext ^^

katrinastrife
09-19-2002, 06:24 AM
OShi-- Spiffy costume! ^^*

If I was back home, I'd try to go to the con you speak of, but I'm in anime/manga/cosplay world at the moment...

Ganbatte!

Oshi
09-19-2002, 11:38 PM
Okay, so, here's another step: http://68.83.68.8/seifer2.jpg
98% done!!! I just have to pick up a zipper for it tomorrow.
And then I can start the trenchcoat (you can see the fabric for it laying to the right)
Still though... I don't think I'm making very good progress... I dunno if I'll be able to finish both the gunblade and trenchcoat by A-NEXT... If not the latter, looks like I'll have to be KH style (http://68.83.68.8/khseifer0.jpg) =P

Space Invader
09-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Wow. Very nice.

I'll have to post some pics of my progress on Zelda once I get a digital camera *sweatdrop*. NO, I DON'T HAVE ONE!! *sob* Once I start on Tamasaburo I'll have to post pics on that as well. Her outfit will be for Ushicon. Sqee! Fun kimono...

But very good work. Too bad I won't be attending any of the cons up north anytime soon, so I won't be seeing you ;_;. I live in the humid cloud known as Texas...

Oshi
09-29-2002, 02:08 AM
OOOKAY! Finally some nice progress to show.
As you can see, I got the gunblade cut out, but havn't made any angles into it for the blade, or done any details yet. And, the main outer form of the trenchcoat is done, gotta add sleeves, pockets, collar, then do the interior (dark blue fabric), then line it together with dark grey, and add dark grey shoulder patches. Yosh! ^_^
I'm confident that I will have this completely done by AnimeNEXT now.

Oshi
09-29-2002, 02:09 AM
And here's just the gunblade...

Kaje
09-29-2002, 09:36 AM
Holy MANGOLEE! OSHI, my dude. Like... what did you use to cut that peice of wood out? ^^

Because I'm a sad little impudent twit, these are the type of questions you get from me. Aren't I wonderful? ^^

Oshi
09-29-2002, 11:11 AM
For the larger, straight peices, I used a circular saw, then I went in and attacked the curves and all with a handheld jigsaw.

Kaje
09-29-2002, 11:23 AM
... I'll just sit here and be confused while I ask my dad if we have any of those in our garage. Or maybe my neighbor has it... blah. *ramble* blah.

>>;
<<;

Ayaka
09-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Must . . . get . . . POWER TOOLS . . . >.<

Looking very good, Oshi!

Sami
09-29-2002, 12:37 PM
OOH! The gunblade's looking good! XD Can't wait to see the finished product! *Looks over at her half mangled piece of "gunblade" in the corner, waiting to be finished* >_>;

Tenjou
10-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Let's see, I found a baseball cap, a pink wig, and I'm still looking for a Seattle Mariners baseball jersey-tshirt for my Utena costume. I've dropped my Palla Palla & Kiki costumes, and now I'm focusing on Kaguya from Planet Ladder and Honda Tohru from Fruits Basket. I'm going to go to WalMart and see if I can find some cheap black spray-on dye and/or long,wavy black wig (Kaguya), and try to find patterns for both Tohru & Kaguya's costumes. I'll probably poke around at the fabric too.