PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 08 and the 3rd annual Shingami March

Cat-Chans
03-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Wanted to make this before anyone beat me to it.

So far the bleach plans for A-fest include the Main Photoshoot that is held outside on the patio area of the hotel near Main events (Date and time TBD) and the infamous Shinigami march. This will be our 3rd year marching, maybe we won't have any shoe casualties this time.

A little info about the Shinigami March:
This is not Shinigami only, this is for any bleach cosplayer, it just got the name Shingami march the first year it was held. If you were there last year you remember the hike from the con to the location. THIS REQUIRES A 10 MINUTE WALK! if you don't want to walk, there is another shoot later that involves less exercise. ALSO: Wear comfy shoes (;

I am also toying with the idea of holding an Arrancar in streetclothes shoot. This would be for Arrancar cosplayers and would involve creating and wearing street clothes versions of them (so far Grimm is the only arrancar that has worn street clothes) The only rules are A) You must be an arrancar and B) you must wear your mask. Does anyone else sound interested?

SHOOT LIST:

Bleach MAIN shoot:
Date: Saturday
Time: 11am

Shinigami March:
Date: Sunday
Time: 11am

benihime
03-18-2008, 07:48 PM
gosh that sounds tempting cat. waaaah more cosplay, dun do it to me! but that would totally be a goodwill cosplay. i can do that :3

I'll bring Ishida for the main shoot for sure!
i was thinking of making flashback yumichika but i want to wear kira more :3 so i'll probably be kira for the shinigami march!

Kung_Fu_Candy
03-20-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm in!! I'll be there as Lolly (presumably, unless another female character comes in who I think is cuter...or Lilinette finally puts on some clothes that don't defy basic laws of human decency...XD)

I love the idea of having arrancarr in street clothes! I volunteer to do a casual punk-loli Lolly! (tee hee, 'loli Lolly'=lulz)

Arei
03-20-2008, 05:39 PM
YES YES AND YES! (to the Arrancar in street clothes)

benihime
03-21-2008, 07:04 PM
muahaha i totally have an awesome idea for casual syazel. i'm totally for it

Rachael-chan
03-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Getting an early start, aren't we? :3

Disturbing things popped into my head when I imagined Szayel in street clothes. O_< We don't have to wear all white, do we? Although, I can't really imagine the arrancar wearing anything but white.

benihime
03-22-2008, 02:22 PM
i was going to do a pink or purple shirt under my jacket that i have in mind
because all white is.... blah
i mean
shinigami don't wear all black and white in their regular clothes..

Rachael-chan
03-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I didn't even think about that. ^_^;

benihime
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
lol
yes yes
i'll have to go to goodwill and see what i can find :3

Hikaruhime
03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
You guys are so creative. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

I'm in with Espada Nel, and then I'm sure I could Goodwill-up some Casual Nel. :D

Cat-Chans
03-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Not restricted to white at all.

MexicAnime
03-28-2008, 02:47 AM
..............oh man, that means i'll have to use western/cowboy designs for Dordonni's street clothes..........oh yeah, and the bellbottoms........

As you can tell, i'm in for this, as well as the March. I don't mind the marching, as i've done plenty of that, in combat boots mind you, back when i was a cadet, so only ten mins, in Arrancar Boots? Peshaw!!!! Tis nothing!!!!!

Cat-Chans
03-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I feel like we need to have another Bleach party too, since A-fest is it's birth place, but I haven't planned the last few rounds of those...

so if anyone wants to throw one together be my guest.

I'm glad the Arrancar idea has some support.
I'll probably end up doing something for Cirucci as opposed to Nel

Neeymuffin
03-28-2008, 07:06 PM
SHOE CATASTROPHE WAS MY FAULT. LOL SORRY GUISE. However I plan to have my converse or etnies along this time to walk from place to place. >_o;

Bleach party what? Last year was awesome just sitting around and goofing off, but I totally wouldn't mind throwing one together.

Kung_Fu_Candy
03-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Ooh, Bleach Party needs Twister and karaoke!! I can't wait to finally get to go to one <3

Hmm, now that Lilinette has reappeared, maybe I'll be inspired to do casual Lili instead of Lolly! But Apache looks promising too....I just love all these new characters! :D

Koda89
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Well I'm up for another tour of duty with the March.

As for the main shoot and the Casual Arrancar.

Main: Some form of Aizen(I really can't retire this guy. He has so many damn outfits it is impossible to!) or finally getting around to doing Stark!

Casual Arrancar: Stark baby! I can just imagine him, going by his lazy personality, I can see his casual clothes to be...STONER CLOTHING! XD Baggy pants, preferably jeans, sneakers/easy to put on and remove shoes, beanie cap, a t-shirt of some kind, and an unzipped hoodie for a rock band from the 80s.

I have just the things already. :D

I may actually slip it on for A-Kon as well. That would just require me to make his mask.

Kagz
06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Aww I miss you guys, how did it go?

Did you all know im gonna start cosplaying again? *GASP!*

Though now im strickly video games. Just wanted to say ello'

~Kagz

Kaylin77
06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
I think I'll work on a Ruppi or a Senna for the Bleach movie premiere! If it doesn't horribly fail, then I'll bring it to AFest <3

Arei
06-03-2008, 01:14 AM
From the looks of it I'll have street clothes Rupi and most likely a remade Mashiro...cos this one for A-Kon was just kinda test run~

...Man...its gonna be fun marching in that XD;

benihime
06-03-2008, 01:35 AM
the march is probably the only time i'm going to wear bleach
and i still don't know yet

i was thinking maybe spoiler hiyori

Eared Inu Yasha
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I must admit, I am less excited about bleach cosplay now. I want to be stoked again. Maybe when I catch up on the manga and stuff, I will be. I'm still going to cosplay and hang out though. :)

Saejima
06-08-2008, 01:52 AM
I hope to remake Noitoras blade for this con.

Cat-Chans
06-09-2008, 06:29 PM
HAY GUYS
Aparently this year a-fest has a spot and schedual you can sign up for for fan meetups

spots for saturday seem to be going fast, nothing gone on sunday yet.
While the shinigami march doesn't need such a space, it might be good for the main shoot to be on the schedual, though I do want to hold it outside on the patio like we have for the past 2 years.

I think the arrancar street clothes will be small enough we can just meet in the hotel lobby, I think doing it in the same spot we did the school uniform shoot last year is good.

BUT ALL OF THAT IS TO SAY
do we want to try and get on this schedule thing?
I wanted to hold the march and the main shoot on the same day, but that also may be pushing it too.

What are your thoughts on what days to hold what gatherings?

(the march will be happening in the morning this year, probably at 11 to avoid the hot part of the day, so keep that in mind)

Arei
06-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I say get it on the schedule. :D I'm not sure on what day though. Since you said slots on Saturday are going pretty fast it might be best if we do it on Sunday...then again I don't even know what I'll be wearing when yet... :|

Hikaruhime
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
It really doesn't matter to me either way at this point. Whatever everyone else decides will work for me, too!

benihime
06-09-2008, 07:41 PM
i'm wearing so many costumes i don't know
but i've been suckered into wearing kira again :3

Cat-Chans
06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Ok guys, don't kill me but it's 11am Saturday

It's this early because without the cosplay times it's hard to pick a time, and if they pull what they pulled last year cosplay rehearsal was at like 1pm

at least this way we're early enough nothing can interfere.

Also, this means the march is on Sunday morning, also at 11am

AND the arrancar street clothes will be Friday evening, probably either 5 or 6

Hikaruhime
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
*shrugs* 11:00am isn't too early, in my opinion.

Illa Scriptor
06-20-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm coming as Karin and chibi Nell. ^^

Is the Arrancar street clothes shoot definitely on Friday?

Cat-Chans
06-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm coming as Karin and chibi Nell. ^^

Is the Arrancar street clothes shoot definitely on Friday?
Yes, it is definitely on Friday, in fact I'll update the first post.

It will be later in the day, probably around 5 or 6pm

Tamlin
06-24-2008, 01:39 AM
I've finally defeated the hakama pants so I will be bringing Nanao to the march on sunday morn! Just have to get a shorter wig...

Koda89
07-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok, so as a bit of innovative cosplaying, and just pure dumb luck, I'll be doing past Shinji Hirako. I mean, I already have the 5th Division captain outfit from Aizen, and for Mifune, I'll be getting a long blonde-ish wig(not really blonde, but close enough).

cloudburst
07-07-2008, 02:43 AM
XD Hopefully going as Uryu, school uniform version. Should be with a Kojima and Asano.

Koda89
07-07-2008, 03:54 AM
And since I'll be doing Formal Grimmjaw, why the hell not go and do a Casual Grimmjaw as well?

I think he'd like AC/DC, right?

Cat-Chans
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM

I totally forgot
we need a bleach party :D

would anyone like to plan it?

Cat-Chans
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I think the site ate my post. I swear I had posted here.

Ok, so it has come to my realization that a-fest is much sooner than I think I can handle. Because of the fact that I'm moving I've had a 2 week period where I can't work on anything and so I'm behind.

Basically, I don't think I can handle making more than one costume for this con, and so I'm afraid I cannot have an arracar street concept done. ):

so, if there is still interest in holding this shoot, would someone else like to take it over? It makes me sad I won't have time but that shouldn't stop everyone else from having fun.

I'll still be able to get Flashback Mashiro done though, so I won't be completely without new bleach duds.

stonesour_17
08-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Hey, may or may not have Shiba Kaien finished, I mean he's fairly easy, but I need to make his staff and I don't have any sandals, which works I guess since we're gonna be walking in tennis shoes anyway! XD

Cat-Chans
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes, I do not recommend wearing Wajari on the march...
poor feet D:

Integral
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm working on finishing my second Kurotsuchi Mayuri costume for Afest this year, so if all goes well I'll be there :O

Saejima
08-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Well I was going to not bring Noitora this year but I finished the remake of Santa Teresa I will be bringing him.

Zander
08-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Me and my wife will come to the march and main shoot.
(Ichigo / Nel)

Koru
08-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Coming as Ichigo (bankai) again. (This time greatly improved ^_-) Not enough people do Ichigo ya know? Main character of show you think would be done more. Go figure. I'm not very schedule oriented at cons but I'm gonna work my best to get on the Shinigami march. I missed the photoshoot at A-Kon. As it was taking place I was walking in the sky bridge back to the Sheraton after changing out of my costume to cool off looking down at the huge group thinking... "Dang... I have bad timing..." lol

Can't wait for the con, see you all there.

Arei
08-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Hmm...Hollow!Mashiro or Ichigo for the march...can't decide...

Cat-Chans
08-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Be Mashiro Arei, then we can transform before there eyes P:

Arei
08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Be Mashiro Arei, then we can transform before there eyes P:

LOL ok! 8D

shinpwnage
08-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Well i'll be trying out a Isshin outfit..probably gunna fail but we'll see. I really wish it didn't start at 11 AM tho, since at 10 AM is the Bleach TCG tournament thing. =(

Tamlin
08-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Sadly I can't come...the Dolfie panel is at the same time and I have to go since I flaked out of the one at A-Kon. I couldn't get my Nanao wig in time any way...Have fun guys!

benihime
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
okay so... considering that i won't be working in the dealers room i'll be there as yumichika XD
but i'll definitely try and get off if i can!

how long is this thing again? so i can give the boss an idea

MexicAnime
08-27-2008, 12:55 AM
@Tamlin: Sucks ya can't join in.

Well i finally made some progress.........as in 90% of it. Just have to put the Captains insignia and clean up some seams on my hakama pants, and I should be good to go for Kensei.

Tamlin
08-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Hakama=DEATH!!!

Mexi-I'll see about making it to the photo shoot on sat...

Cat-Chans
08-28-2008, 12:21 AM
okay so... considering that i won't be working in the dealers room i'll be there as yumichika XD
but i'll definitely try and get off if i can!

how long is this thing again? so i can give the boss an idea

<3

The Photoshoot shouldn't be more than an hour.

The march however, I would give 2 hours.

benihime
08-28-2008, 02:41 AM
<3

The Photoshoot shouldn't be more than an hour.

The march however, I would give 2 hours.

well i'm wearing reborn on saturday with my cosplay group so i can't go to the one on saturday :\ i mean i'll try and BE there but i won't be in bleach

Cat-Chans
08-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Saturday is the photoshoot, Sunday is the march...

Bring your walking shoes?

benihime
08-28-2008, 03:24 AM
oh definitely since um my waraji died. but i'll SEE if i can go to the march, it's really up to the guy i'll be working for

Cat-Chans
08-28-2008, 01:54 PM
oh definitely since um my waraji died. but i'll SEE if i can go to the march, it's really up to the guy i'll be working for

KK, even if you can't you can always stop by the lobby at 11 before we head off. We always manage to dilly dally a bit before we go because people take pictures.

I'm happy you get to go the whole time though X3

Chibi_Dark_Link
08-28-2008, 05:27 PM
i shall make an attempt to join this ill be yumichika =^-^= cause this march needs someone as beautiful as me lol

benihime
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
KK, even if you can't you can always stop by the lobby at 11 before we head off. We always manage to dilly dally a bit before we go because people take pictures.

I'm happy you get to go the whole time though X3

i'll definitely stop by but i have a feeling i'm going to be needed because my boss is the only one there all day. i'll be wearing yumichika and the march doesn't need TWO .good lord. that wouldn't be very beautiful at all *snicker*

Chibi_Dark_Link
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
i'll definitely stop by but i have a feeling i'm going to be needed because my boss is the only one there all day. i'll be wearing yumichika and the march doesn't need TWO .good lord. that wouldn't be very beautiful at all *snicker*

hmm i see your point, so we must have a battle of beauty. well bring it on sister =^-^= *cant stop laughing*

Rachael-chan
08-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Dude. Wtf happened? Was there ever a main shoot?

Allspice
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Saw some of you around, went great. =)

trupnoi_25
08-31-2008, 10:26 PM
i went to the meet up area on saturday (I was Mayuri Kurotsuchi), there were a couple bleach peeps there... but i guess who ever was the coordinator for the gathering didn't show up so someone decided to "reschedule" the photoshoot til 5pm... then another guy came to me later in the day and said that they just said they'll have the shoot after the march...

Neeymuffin
09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Again it was fun everyone! :'3 Thanks for all of the amazing fun times we had raiding the CVS.

Um, by the way, I've still got the bottle of clorox. it's sitting on my kitchen table staring at me like, "use me or something please."

but it came in handy at the Naruto v. Bleach photoshoot! Hinamori's main weapon of choice was the clorox bottle.

<3 ALSO kudos to the future Pimpachi. XD That thought made my day ten times more awesome.

Cat-Chans
09-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Guys, I want to apologize for the fall through this year with our main shoot.
It was scheduled at 11am Saturday and I was walking to the site at 11 when I passed a group of people informing me they had canceled the shoot and moved it to 5.

Apparently before 11 even hit someone had decided no one was going to show up and did this without waiting for the shoot coordinator (ie me)

Since a majority of them had already dispersed and I didn't want to cause any more confusion I told them they could have it at 5 but I could not be present to run the shoot because I was participating in the masquerade. At this point it was decided to completely cancel Saturday's attempts for a shoot and do it at the march on Sunday.

I wish I had been able to sort it out, but I thought getting there at 11 I would be fine (I try to get there early but sometimes its hard)

We did, however, have another successful march this year complete with being in someone's wedding photos and NO shoe casualties.

Again, I'm really really sorry about what happened Saturday, but by the time I got there it seemed beyond my control to try and push forward with a shoot.

I wish I could have done it, as I always enjoy the Bleach shoot but I had fun with everyone on the March.

Maybe things will run better next year, and I hope someone can continue our Afest tradition of Marching. I think this year was my last to organize this shoot. A little sad it didn't get to happen in full but it was a good con none the less.

Rachael-chan
09-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Cat-chan, thanks for clearing this up. I'd like to punch those people who caused this mess in the face. I was there and ready at 11. That was the only time I had to cosplay Bleach. D:<

Cat-Chans
09-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry too, I don't know why they would cancel it without A) waiting for the coordinator and B) waiting till at least 11 but I tried the best I could to make it work. This is the first time something like this has ever happened to a shoot I was in charge of so it kind of threw me for a loop.

troopermax
09-08-2008, 02:54 AM
I missed out on most of the Bleach stuff (I'm the lazy 8th division captain XD), but thanks Cat-Chan for your efforts in organizing stuffs!

I wasn't familiar with the Shinigami march and thought we were just going to march around (inside) the hotel or something or else I would have brought water XD

I really wasn't very well prepared all around for AFest >_>

~Troop

aztexkid
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Troop:
If you would have brought water, it would of had to compete with your sake. You looked great. It was good to meet cha. I didn't march, but will try to be better prepared to do it next year.
Old Ikkaku

Maury V.
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Hay guys! For those that did the Bleach film shoot back at A-kon, I FINALLY have it uploaded and ready to go. My apologies for not uploading it sooner but I have it done now. It's going through a test run right now in terms of quality and such but I hope you all like it. I'll take any criticism to make it better!

Here it is right here!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZaW_RvH-Ek)

Peace and love!
Maury V.