PDA

View Full Version : song for animazement skit

Nightflame
03-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Are we aloud to do songs for skits that you didn't make up but modified and is not from a anime but still goes along with the character?

yukiko_mori
03-19-2008, 12:49 AM
i guess JAC productions does it for theirs... like final dance fantasy supposedly had Tifa singing "i will always love you" and "I will survive" so idon't see why not, though i'd like to see more replies for me on this so i know if me and my sis and bro i law can got thru with ours...

we want to use "Its Raining Men"

Shara-chan
03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Did you check the animazement website? They might have something about it in the rules. Since it's timed, the modification might be okay, but I'm pretty sure the not being from an anime would be fine. But, I've never been, so you may not want to take my personal opinion too seriously. But you could always send an e-mail to someone through the AZ homepage thingummy.

Tri23
03-20-2008, 02:29 PM
All music is fine with the one caveat that it can't be horribly offensive to the general public. (common sense, ect)

Just make sure that you burn your music to a single track on a CD in the playable audio format. Also, the length of the skits have changed, so keep that into consideration.

A personal suggestion would be to edit the song a little bit so there is a signal cue and a couple seconds delay before playback.

Nightflame
03-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Don't worry it is not to offensive. I am thinking about singing it live a cappella but we might have to have our own microphones. The people that sang last year no offense to them but it was hard to hear them.

Tri23
03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Every year the microphone setup keeps changing, so no idea till the actual event. Ideally it would be nice to have the wide ambient microphones that we had in 2006.

If that information is available (along with stage dimensions) it will be posted to the website around May. (so says just a random person.) :)

Nightflame
04-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Are you aloud to have recorded accompaniment with out any words?

Tri23
04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Course, you can play any sounds you want. Only limitation is length and common decency.