PDA

View Full Version : 48th Annual Sakura Matsuri

NewAgePirate
03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
It is being held April 12 in Washington DC as the climax to the National Cherry Blossom Festival.

Here is a link to the site and it has more information.
http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/index.htm

So, anyone planning on going? Its another chance to cosplay!

Saxinthehall
03-19-2008, 09:19 AM
I was wondering when this was going to happen. Looks like I have a few weeks to put together a new cosplay, or else I'm going to be in dispair! (well, I'll be in dispair anyway if I get the cosplay done...)

darkmist300
03-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I was wondering when this was going to happen. Looks like I have a few weeks to put together a new cosplay, or else I'm going to be in dispair! (well, I'll be in dispair anyway if I get the cosplay done...)

I have a feeling I already know which cosplay you speak off ^_^

I will probably wear Espada Kon or something new

NewAgePirate
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
If I can manage to go, I'll either wear my awesome Drgaon Jacket and carry a bokken, or wear my Roronoa Zoro cosplay. I wish I had enough time to do a Shunsui cosplay though

makotohanabi
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll do my best to make it. Leaning toward cosplaying Battosai Kenshin, but that might change.

Bagu
03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Hmm I hope there are blossoms this year, and its not rainy.

I also hear that peak bloom is supposed to be the weekend of the 29th.

Gogglegirl
03-20-2008, 02:06 AM
I don't think I'll cosplay...but I'll either wear a Yukata or one of my Lolita outfits. My Japan club at school is supposed to be going up together. YAY!

I hope it doesn't rain this year....

Star_Angel
03-23-2008, 07:50 PM
I will be there, will most likely not be cosplaying since I did that one year and it was'nt that comfortable.

MissDragonblade
03-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Speaking of the cherry blossom festival, I'm in contact with some of the coordinators, and we're looking for badass cosplayers (read: all of y'all) to come and participate either as voluenteers for Katsucon's booth in J-POP Land and/or as participants at the 4:00 Cosplay Fashion Show on the J-POP Land stage. For the latter of the two events, we need to get around 50 outfits on the stage. That's a LOT of cosplay. Anyone willing to help with the fashion show should email Nick@katsucon.org letting him know you want in, along with a picture of the outfit you plan on bringing with you. For the fashion show and even general volenteering while I'm at it, we'll accept those of y'all who want to get up in your Lolita, your Decora, and all your other crazy Japanese street fashions. If you want to just voulenteer, email me at soulessnostalgia@aol.com.

Anyone's who's interested can also post here, and I'll give some more information about the show.

NiceGai44
03-24-2008, 10:52 AM
I will be there, will most likely not be cosplaying since I did that one year and it was'nt that comfortable.

Who are you cosplay as?

Bish
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Of course I'll be going and the rest of the Cos-Goonies as well, we're just not sure if we're going to do a group or not.

I'll probably do something from Labyrinth.

NecromanticChii
03-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I am going to DC for the start this Saturday, and I am planning on going on the 12th as well.

Who would I cosplay as though? I really don't think Matsumoto would be appropriate, and most of my other cosplays have missing wigs right now. (No time to order new ones either..lol)

I might be able to make a new cosplay, but I have no clue as to who/what..lol Ideas anyone?

Edit 1:
I am going to come up with an outfit..lol

Lumasnati
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll be there! You know I will be MDB. Duh. I worked with you last year, Spaz.

I'll have:

Byakko [YnM]
Tamaki [OKHC]
Luke fon Fabre [TotA]
POSSIBLY: Kijin.

I was going to bring Lavi, but I'll wait for ANext before a debut since I don't have a wig. I'm working with the J-Popland/Katsucon Org... That's why there are so many cosplays in the line up even though it's a day event.

But I do have a cosplay gathering on the 6th with a few Tales of the Abyss cosplayers for some excellent pictures since the blossoms should be in peak in the next week or two. :D

MissDragonblade
03-26-2008, 09:02 AM
I'll be there! You know I will be MDB. Duh. I worked with you last year, Spaz.

I'll have:

Byakko [YnM]
Tamaki [OKHC]
Luke fon Fabre [TotA]
POSSIBLY: Kijin.

I was going to bring Lavi, but I'll wait for ANext before a debut since I don't have a wig. I'm working with the J-Popland/Katsucon Org... That's why there are so many cosplays in the line up even though it's a day event.

But I do have a cosplay gathering on the 6th with a few Tales of the Abyss cosplayers for some excellent pictures since the blossoms should be in peak in the next week or two. :D

~<3

NewAgePirate
03-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Woooooooo!!! I'm in the fashion show with my Zoro cosplay!! I just gotta fix one of my bokken >.< A piece fell off >.< Oh, and Miss Dragonblade, if you need more people, why not post a thread in the "seeking cosplayers" area? You may have already thought of this, but I just figured I'd mention something to be helpful ^^

JonnyStarwind
03-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I'll be there, not sure as to whom I'll be, but I will be there.
Maybe I'll debut a new cosplay.
Not sure, but whatever it will be, I know it'll be shibby.

SaChan
03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I'll be there with a bunch of friends, hopefully. I might premier a new cosplay, bring an old one, or just show up in a nice kimono. Whatever happens to be there by the 12th. :)

MaryRyanBogard
03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I'd love to go, but Peach is under repair and I only have (technically) one other active costume at the moment. That, unfortunately, is my Gryffindor uniform, and while I've managed to get away with it at anime conventions (and have actually received positive reactions there) it wouldn't work for this. It's also hot. There's also the fact that I'm involved in a school play, and we have a rehearsal on the 12th.

Hopefully I can make the '09 event.

VanityWeasel
03-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Will anybody be there March 29th? I'm going on the 12th as well but I decided to go with a few friends on opening day, and I was just wondering if anyone else from on here was going.

Besides the ones who already know they're going with me!

sazumebachi
03-28-2008, 02:22 AM
I'll be going ^^ as akane tendo on saturday!! if i bump into you guys :P see you there

NecromanticChii
03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
MissDragonblade, I am interested. I sent you a message Via PM, as well and email. ^_~
(The email message is older than the PM.)

Anyways, I hope to hear from you soon.

Will anybody be there March 29th? I'm going on the 12th as well but I decided to go with a few friends on opening day, and I was just wondering if anyone else from on here was going.

Besides the ones who already know they're going with me!
I will be going on the 29th. (Tomorrow..lol)

NewAgePirate
03-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Wow, I'm really glad I made this thread :D I hope some of you people show up at the fashion show, lol

sazumebachi
03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
^^ if anyone doesnt know what to cosplay i could give you some idea's I'll be there as akane tendo

Ranma 1/2 [ would love to see some more cosplayers there]

Kenshin

Peacemaker Kurogane

AkechiTenrai
03-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I'll be there tomorrow with VWeasel debuting my Tobi xD

Oh and MDB, I'd like to be part of that fashion show, I can send you a pic just as soon as I ge tone xP

NewAgePirate
03-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll be there tomorrow with VWeasel debuting my Tobi xD

Oh and MDB, I'd like to be part of that fashion show, I can send you a pic just as soon as I ge tone xP

just send an email to the email she said to send one too. Its a lot easier

Bagu
03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Drove by this afternoon. Blossoms are in full bloom, and the crowds are thick ;)

VanityWeasel
03-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Thick crowds? Sounds absolutely delightful. >3 I can't wait to meet everyone else who's going! sazumebachi, NecromanticChii, hope to see you guys there! And Bagu, I believe you're going on Saturday as well...?

I'll have fun watching the fashion show, but I'm not entering. No hand-made costumes on me at the moment. O_O

NecromanticChii
03-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Thick crowds? Sounds absolutely delightful. >3 I can't wait to meet everyone else who's going! sazumebachi, NecromanticChii, hope to see you guys there! And Bagu, I believe you're going on Saturday as well...?

I'll have fun watching the fashion show, but I'm not entering. No hand-made costumes on me at the moment. O_O

Want to meet somewhere there tomorrow?

As for sending emails, I did..lol

AkechiTenrai
03-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Want to meet somewhere there tomorrow?

As for sending emails, I did..lol

A couple of us are meeting at the Washington Monument at 11? If you're there by then that would be a good place. Look for...Itachi, Tobi, Gaara, and Demyx and/or Sora. Among others >>

I will NAPirate. Just lazy...

sazumebachi
03-29-2008, 12:54 AM
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1404523/

^ Theres a pic of me!! in my own home made cosplauy >3

NewAgePirate
03-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Man, I can't wait. I need to clean my cosplay boots though >.< So anyways. Those of you that are gonna go see the fashion show, you best cheer! :P

LaPetiteSalope
03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
MissDragonBlade-
Hey! I'll sign up as Sailor Chibi Moon! XP I'll be back from NYC that weekend.

sazumebachi
03-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I tryed looking for some cosplayers today but i didnt get up there until about 12, sorry for not meeting up with anyone lol

Gogglegirl
03-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Maybe I should wear my Selphie costume for that fashion show....I just need boots....I really want to show off my nunchaku again...god i love those things...

sazumebachi
03-30-2008, 01:22 AM
sorry guys ^^ i wont be going anymore to the Cherry blossom fest. for the rest of this year.

VanityWeasel
03-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Really? :( I'm sorry I didn't get to see you yesterday, sazumebashi! Let's see, 12 o'clock...I was walking around the Natural History Museum with my group. That turned out to be an awesome idea for multiple reasons: 1) There were at least three schools having field trips that day and we collected quite a crowd (some recognized the characters, others just liked the costumes), 2) We ran into (literally) a group of Kingdom Hearts cosplayers and made some awesome new friends, and 3) We learned that all mammals originated from this tiny, four-inch mouse-thing. :3

I found it refreshing, walking around under the trees.

lunarscape
03-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Don't forget about the Sakura Matsuri Cosplay and Japanese Streetwear Fashion Show on April 12th! Thanks to some generous sponsors, we've now added over $250 in cash prizes for the top participants in a variety of categories. For more information, check out the post on the Sakura Matsuri Fashion Show (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=143083) over in the Katsucon forum.

Lumasnati
03-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I sent an email! I can't wait!

lunarscape
03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I sent an email! I can't wait!

Can you do me a favor and send it again to nferri1@umbc.edu ? Looks like my Katsucon e-mail hasn't been working for a while.

Same for everyone else who sent e-mail to nick@katsucon.org in the last week. Sorry!

Gogglegirl
03-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh...we can do Street Fashion too? Then screw selphie (i have no boots for her anyway...) I'll wear a lolita outfit!!!

NecromanticChii
03-31-2008, 07:19 AM
lol. Fashion is what I am trying for this time. XD

sazumebachi
03-31-2008, 02:46 PM
:_: you guys have fun!!

makotohanabi
03-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Have a committee meeting on the 12th, if the meeting doesn't run too late I'll be there as Soubi. I'll keep an eye out for people.

TheLadySummoner
03-31-2008, 11:43 PM
I'll be there! Possibly with Zelda. I cute lolita outfit would be nice, though. And more comfortable. XD But I'm thinking about entering the cosplay contest with Zelda.

NecromanticChii
04-01-2008, 07:05 AM
FYI for everyone, if you plan on walking around, plan on getting a lot of "dust" on your outfits.(basically dirt that hundreds of people walking kick up..although it was only bad when the wind was blowing, and it was more towards the Smithsonian metro stop.)

I.N.K.
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
K: We hope to go [If my mom feels like taking us]. Our cheap-ass Japanese teacher didn't get bus rides together, so we're not going as a class...

I think we thought about doing an Antic Cafe cosplay-Tekesuta Kousen. (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/86686/)

Hopefully we'll make it, and catch the fashion show. :3

Bagu
04-01-2008, 05:21 PM
FYI for everyone, if you plan on walking around, plan on getting a lot of "dust" on your outfits.(basically dirt that hundreds of people walking kick up..although it was only bad when the wind was blowing, and it was more towards the Smithsonian metro stop.)

Thats kind of a given in the summertime when the path along the national lawn is really dry. Last year is was kind of rainy (drizzly) so dust wasn't an issue.

But year, if you're near the national lawn and not at the street festival, your costume might need another trip to the dry cleaners. ;)

NecromanticChii
04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Thats kind of a given in the summertime when the path along the national lawn is really dry. Last year is was kind of rainy (drizzly) so dust wasn't an issue.

But year, if you're near the national lawn and not at the street festival, your costume might need another trip to the dry cleaners. ;)

March 29th was my first time in DC. XD
So I figured I would let others know, who didn't, in case they decided to wear white cosplays.

Bagu
04-01-2008, 10:23 PM
As expected the winds should pick up tomorrow (today), so they're expecting this will be the last day to see blossoms on the trees :(

TheLadySummoner
04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
March 29th was my first time in DC. XD
So I figured I would let others know, who didn't, in case they decided to wear white cosplays.

Hmm. Perhaps I shouldn't wear Zelda after all. Thanks for the info!

Lumasnati
04-02-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm seeing differently, Bagu. The winds aren't that bad and are only expected in the morning hours today. It's not that bad.

I am hoping to have a lot of good blossoms left on the trees. I have a gathering this weekend with Tales of ____ cosplayers. ^^; We want good shots.

Nekko
04-02-2008, 06:51 AM
If its cold Robert might not cosplay but I will either be bringing my loli or wearing my sprused up kiba.

NewAgePirate
04-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't think it will be cold... but you never know. I'm so looking forward to this, though I doubt I can win a cosplay contest.

Bagu
04-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm seeing differently, Bagu. The winds aren't that bad and are only expected in the morning hours today. It's not that bad.

I am hoping to have a lot of good blossoms left on the trees. I have a gathering this weekend with Tales of ____ cosplayers. ^^; We want good shots.

yes you're right. the winds were kind of fierce last night but when i came into work this morning i could still see plenty of blossoms on the trees along the basin...so, win. :D

VanityWeasel
04-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Hopefully they stay nice and full past the 12th. It'd be a shame to have a Sakura Matsuri Festival without any cherry blossoms there!

Tenriyuu86
04-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Yay!! Looks like I will be able to go! =D Looks like I have to dust off my Issun cosplay just for this. X3

SanaK
04-05-2008, 12:22 AM

Just curious, what do you mean by that?

Saxinthehall
04-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Since the Sakura Matsuri is this week should we come up with a time and place to meet or just show up and hope to see everybody?

Gogglegirl
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I checked the forcast for saturday and it says...RAIN. T_T It is a bit early to have a really accurate forcast, i hope it changes. I wanna wear my lolita shoes...which have wooden soles. I can't wear them if it rains (that is unless my friend and I become sucessful with our waterproofing efforts today...). Atleast it's supposed to be warm..er (like...60..)

but hot yakitori tastes awefully good when it's raining...

NewAgePirate
04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
snap... I so hope it doesn't rain.... cause if it does, I have to find a way to protect my hair until the fashion show. Its gonna be spray painted green cause I'm going as Roronoa Zoro >.< CURSE YOU RAIN!!!!

VanityWeasel
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I'd say just show up and pray to the Cosplay Gods that every cosplayer manages to find each other...and that it does not rain. I'll be wearing a wig, and that rain will do me nore anyone esle any good. The ony plus side to rain is that we'd all be forced inside, which means...cosplaying in museums!!! O.o There are always schools having field trips in museums. >3

I'd suggest bringing an umbrella just in case.

snap... I so hope it doesn't rain.... cause if it does, I have to find a way to protect my hair until the fashion show. Its gonna be spray painted green cause I'm going as Roronoa Zoro >.< CURSE YOU RAIN!!!!

I am so getting a picture of you this Saturday! XD

Skyline Kyo
04-08-2008, 08:37 AM
I've been told it's tradition for it to always rain on that Saturday lol.

AkechiTenrai
04-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Two years ago it didn't ^^ Unless it was the wrong day...

But I guess it's good thing I've decided to wear shoes instead of my Tobi sandals.

What does that mean for the parade?

Gogglegirl
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
why does it always have to rain.... LAME

Bagu
04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Its gonna be spray painted green cause I'm going as Roronoa Zoro >.< CURSE YOU RAIN!!!!

Spray paint as in your standard store-bought paint? O_O

NewAgePirate
04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
No no no, lol. You've actually seen my Zoro cosplay, Bagu ^-^ I was one of your pawns at Cosplay chess at Katsu :D I took out the female Sasuke... then died at the hands of two school girls :'O But yeah, its hair spray paint, of course =D And Vanity Weasel, you better want a picture cause I'll be Zoro and not cause my hair may bleed all over my face... lol Then again, if anyone asked, I could always say "Zoro went emo..." >.>

and as I said before... CURSE YOU RAIN!!!!

AkechiTenrai
04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
On the chance it does rain do we all want to decide on like one museum to meet up at and hang out?

NecromanticChii
04-09-2008, 06:46 AM
On the chance it does rain do we all want to decide on like one museum to meet up at and hang out?

That might be fun. Which one?
There is a mall there we could all meet at as well. (It's near the Fed. triangle metro stop.)

Is anyone going early, I know I plan on arriving around 10-11am.
(I figure we could all meet up, and hang out. ^_~)

Saxinthehall
04-09-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm probably going to go sometime around 10-11 to try to avoid the large crowds on the metro.

AkechiTenrai
04-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Same here, I live a couple blocks up from the Mall so it's just a matter of walking but I'd still like to go early, catch the parade.

Hmm, that mall would be a good place to meet up. And I don't know which musuems people like. Natural History is normally the buisiest, National is closed I think. I'm kinda partial to Air and Space but I don't know about other people. Opinions? Ideas?

Lumasnati
04-09-2008, 07:44 AM
The closest museum to the festival would be the Art Museum at the Smithsonian stop on the Metro. Everything else is at least two or more blocks away.

darkmist300
04-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm probably going to go sometime around 10-11 to try to avoid the large crowds on the metro.

werent you supposed to be riding in with me???

I.N.K.
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM
K: I heard it was gonna rain...Japanese Teacher said it was...We're not dressing up, but I would love to still meet new people. I'm been dubbed the social butterfly of our little group.

Just point me into the direction of the meeting place, and I'll bring my video camera.

AkechiTenrai
04-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I heard it was gonna rain too, but today suddenly cleared up, and tomorrows supposed to hit 75. Stay positive people!!!

Saxinthehall
04-09-2008, 04:16 PM
werent you supposed to be riding in with me???

Eh? I don't think I said anything about that. Besides, I have a cosplay that I can wear on the metro.

Anyway, if memory serves me right the rain shouldn't last too long. The last few years the day started off bad but quickly got much better. Or at least were gray with little to no rain.

VanityWeasel
04-09-2008, 07:24 PM
No no no, lol. You've actually seen my Zoro cosplay, Bagu ^-^ I was one of your pawns at Cosplay chess at Katsu :D I took out the female Sasuke... then died at the hands of two school girls :'O But yeah, its hair spray paint, of course =D And Vanity Weasel, you better want a picture cause I'll be Zoro and not cause my hair may bleed all over my face... lol Then again, if anyone asked, I could always say "Zoro went emo..." >.>

and as I said before... CURSE YOU RAIN!!!!

Hell yes I'm taking a picture because you're Zoro! He's one of the main reasons I watch One Piece in the first place, and my little brother also likes the character, so I simply cannot waste this opportunity ::wagsfinger::! <3

NewAgePirate
04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Ack... I'm sorry VanityWeasel... But due to the fact that my parents are assholes, I can no longer go >.< I hope it doesn't rain on you peoples ^-^

VanityWeasel
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
O________O Really?! Awww, man! TT___TT Well, it was nice to even be able to talk to a Zoro cosplayer for the first time, so thank you for that. <3 Yes, we hope it doesn't rain either. ;)

NecromanticChii
04-10-2008, 07:07 AM
So would everyone who is going early like to meet up at the mall or the Museum near the Smithsonian Metro stop?
(I am traveling from VA Beach, so I'll be on the metro form Springfield, on..lol)

My outfit will also be an easier one to spot. (Although not a "cosplay" it is Decora Style. Either way it'll be bright pink, and I have a good amount of bracelets, and hair clips. So if you don't notice all of that, look for the "My melody bag"(Hello Kitty character.) I plan on wearing/carring it around..lol)

Send me a PM if you want to exchange cell #'s.

Nekko
04-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Id be great to get a group together, I might end up being a lonley cosplayer...

NecromanticChii
04-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Well I am all for a group. (Things tend to be going really slow on deciding about a meeting spot.)

The parade starts around 10am.
It follows Constitution between 7th and 17th streets, and passes by a few metro stops and everything.
The street festival starts around 11am.

So does anyone want to meet for the parade, or meet after it?
(I will only be online for the remainder of today. I would also like to hang out with people. ^_~)

AkechiTenrai
04-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Ok, ok. So my group is planning on being there about 10am for the parade. And we'll be having a picnic soon after. Although, forcasts tomorrow will be the only shitty day for the next week so lucky us.

Couple meeting options:
-Fuddruckers in Chinatown(kinda off the beaten path. it's at 7th and H, a friends suggested it, but then again there's a chance of vegitarians and i have it on good authority thats a bad place for them, not just because of the burgers. evidently you can hear the cows mooing in the kitchen right before they decapitate them...)
-National Gallery of Art(Like two blocks from the smithsonian station, however it's an art museum so loudness is a no. Cosplayers have a good habit of getting loud in groups)
-Natural History(Next to the Art Gallery, always fun, but also always crowded.)
-Air and Space(Across mall from Natural Hist. May not interest everyone, long lines.)
-Reagan Mall(I think that's what it's called. This is the ideal spot if it rains.)
-Washington Monument(Capitol facing side. Ideal spot if it's not raining. There's also a little stage near there. If no one's using it that would be a good spot to chill.)

If you read this and you want to meet up, pm me for a phone number.
If you read this but don't necessarily want to give some random guy ur phone number that's fine, I'll post the decided meeting spot, later today.
And if you read this but don't seem to process any of the information....look for a smallish group of cosplayers incluing Tobi and Itachi...(Although we'll be slightly different versions so just look for the Akatsuki cloak and Tobi's mask)

NecromanticChii
04-11-2008, 07:47 AM
If raining we will all still have fun. ^_~

AkechiTenrai
04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Ok peoplez, as promised I've scoped out and decided on a place for us to meet. NecoChii helped actually.

Woodrow Wilson Plaza! It is a big open space that should be easy enough to find. If you are not of the DC residents or just don't know your own way around the city I've also prepared instructions... kinda. Trust me they'll get you there >_o You just have to trust me.

Meeting time is 1:00.

Where is it? you ask, hoping I know. :]

It's the block between these streets. Constitution Ave, 14th St, Pennsylvania Ave, and 12th St. So it's right at the heart of all the festivities. Hooray Hooray!

How do I know I'm there? you ask, a scared and lost look on your face. Simple, I say happily, my ego swelling. :skidude2:

+ BIG OPEN AREA surrounded by buildings...so maybe not so open but big.
+ There's a restaurant on one side name Aria. It looks all fancy and what not.
+ There are these two weird silvery metal things that look like flowers from one angle and well.....something else from a different angle.
+ The tall bulbous thing that resembles a women's intimate.....toy. >> Yea.... Ok look I was searching for a plaque or something to try and find it' name but there just wasn't any. Seems the designers just want to fuck with our heads.
+ It's right next to the Federal Triangle Metro stop. More on this to come.
+ There's this round lower courtyard that might spark the idea for pictures but after a second glance maybe not, you be the judge.

For those of you coming by Metro, here's a tip. Go to the Federal Triangle stop (Orange/Blue lines). Get out, and leave the only exit you can. Walking straight you should see the exact area I'm referring to.

Now, here's how to get there from the most notable thing around. The Washington Monument. You know, the one that looks like a.....pocky stick o>o

So if we're starting at the monument...

1. Face the Capitol Building! It looks like a single.....well boob. What's wrong with DC!?!?!?!?! DX
2. Turn left. Why? Because right is overrated. Now walk! Walk I say!
3. STOP WALKING!!!! Once you get to the first main street. It should be called Constitution Ave.That's good.
4. Turn RIGHT!!!! Why? Because now Left is overrated. WALK!
5. Stop when you reach 14th street. It's lonely, it needs your love. If you haven't done so cross Constitution Ave. Now cross 14th St. You should be next to a sign that say Environment Protection Agency. EPA!!!!!!!!!
6. Walk up 14th till you hit the first traffic light. There's no cross street so you might get this WTF!? look on your face. This is normal.
7. Turn right at that light. If you did it right you should now be facing a long dark corridor, there may be some wolves on the rooftops howling at you.
8. Walk down said corridor, just keep walking. There's a fenced off playground to your left, which is then replaced by OMG flowers! At the end of the corridor turn left.
9. Stop, have a drink, pat yourself on the back.
10. YOU'RE THERE!!!! HOORAY!!!!

Note: this is all assuming it's sunny, which given todays weather is a possibility. However, if it is raining go inside the building called the Ronald Reagan something or another. There is a food court there.

Any questions PM me, or post it here. I can respond to anything so long as it's before 10am tommorrow. I'm also offering my number in case people have further trouble getting there.

Saxinthehall
04-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh! I think thats where the gathering was last year. Or was that just supposed to be a photoshoot the DC Anime Club did? I don't really remember...

I think the most important thing I'm trying to say is, I know where to go so I shouldn't get horribly lost. (And now to copy and paste the info to let any friends know what's going on)

VanityWeasel
04-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Yay! Thank you for the extremely detailed and ego-tastic instructions Akechi. I'll be standing right next to you as we await the cosplayers. >3 Hope to see everyone there, and possibly more!

Bagu
04-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I think I'm going to pass on this one because I seem to have too many misc. things to get done this weekend (no time for play)

You all be safe and stay dry. I wanna see pics!!

LaPetiteSalope
04-11-2008, 11:43 PM
weee! back home from FIT.
unfortunately, I doubt I can make it to the 1:00 meetup. T_T I'm going to be on the Japanese fashion show.

Ryu_chan
04-12-2008, 12:34 AM
I cant wait ^^ I to am cosplaying. Im going to be Ryuichi from graviataion. see you all around the festival

NecromanticChii
04-12-2008, 04:09 AM
I won't be at it.
(I am participating in the Cosplay Fashion Show, so I'll be at the JPOP stage at 1pm to sign in.)

I can meet everyone after or before the show.

Anyways, I can't wait to meet all of you, and everyone have a safe drive there. (I am leaving to hit the road now.)

Oh KagomeChann, stop the girl in the bright pink outfit, with unmatching patterns, and brown hair. (Beaded bracelets, leg warmers, and hair clips. ) XD It's me. ^_~ Oh and that goes for anyone as well. I want to meet as many as possible today..lol

SanaK
04-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Damn, it's today? I could have sworn the blossoms peaked at the end of April. O_O;; and that's when the festival was. this sucks, I'm stuck in rainy New York.

Skyline Kyo
04-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Beautiful weather worked out great for everyone today :)

VanityWeasel
04-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Today was so much fun!!! I just wish my friends and I could've stayed 'til six but we had to leave due to an appointment that couldn't be missed. However I still had a wonderful time with everyone and was really, really happy that people showed at the 1 o'clock meeting. :D They had awesome costumes too! Speed Racer and Brawl, so far as I know. ^^

If anyone was there around 10-ish then you remember that there was a little pour around then that lasted just over 20 min., if even. Thankfully it stopped; I was afraid I wouldn't be able to walk anywhere! >__<

Lots of love to anyone who took our groups' pictures!!!! :heart: :3

SaChan
04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey all! Today was tons of fun! I didn't get to stay around for long (I was cheerleader Haruhi!) but for those who took my picture, thank you so much! I wish I could've hung around, but my friends were tired out, so we only went for a couple of hours and couldn't participate in the show. If I seemed kind of out of it, it was because I hadn't gotten too much sleep the night before. XD;

NewAgePirate
04-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Man! I wish my parents weren't assholes! I so wish I had gone >.< people had better gotten some pics :P I want to see some of the fashion show

Ryu_chan
04-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey all! Today was tons of fun! I didn't get to stay around for long (I was cheerleader Haruhi!) but for those who took my picture, thank you so much! I wish I could've hung around, but my friends were tired out, so we only went for a couple of hours and couldn't participate in the show. If I seemed kind of out of it, it was because I hadn't gotten too much sleep the night before. XD;

Haha I remember you ^^ I took your picture

LaPetiteSalope
04-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Bawww. I came to the festival really late and ended up missing the show--so I ended up changing out of Sailor Chibimoon to Nana Oosaki. XD It was great seeing other cosplayers there and the weather was beautiful!

I.N.K.
04-13-2008, 09:12 AM
K: We had fun. We watched some of the fashion show, but we were sad[or at least I was] about not entering...and I wanted to do Tekesuta...

I was walking around with the bou if you didn't see me. Bou from Wagamama.

PhotoNinja
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Huge thanks to all the cosplayers who came out! It was a good time for us photographers, aside from some wacky lighting issues =P

You can find my photos of the event here:

PhotoNinja Gallery (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/108724/)

Enjoy! If you use them somewhere else, it would be great if you could credit them. And, if you want a different version (higher quality, original RAW, etc.) feel free to PM me or contact me at thephotoninja@gmail.com and I'll be happy to accommodate.

I may take some down for re-edits or to add frames, so if you go in there to look at one, then come back, and it's gone, no worries - it'll go back up. I may also put a few additional ones up after I get them into Photoshop. Lightroom can only do so much =)

kyocs
04-13-2008, 12:07 PM
i was cosplaying itsuki from haruhi suzumiya lol
found haruhi, mikuru but no kyon and yuki T_T

NecromanticChii
04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
It was nice seeing everyone who was there yesterday. ^_~

(Well those I knew who they were, or talked to.)

AkechiTenrai
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Or not seeing xD Maybe Otakon eh?

Gogglegirl
04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
i don't know how many of you I met (because I dont' really ask for c.com usernames or anything) but i'm sure i met some of you! (i was dressed in a pink lolita outfit with music notes)

I loved the festival~!

Vampey
04-16-2008, 10:55 AM
You're kidding me right? I looked up the date for this and I thought they had it in March.... the internet lied to me ;-;

NecromanticChii
04-17-2008, 06:57 AM
You're kidding me right? I looked up the date for this and I thought they had it in March.... the internet lied to me ;-;

It started in march. March 29th was opening day.

Ataru Moroboshi
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I went, I got some good audio too. I haven't had a chance to dump it though. Hopefully it will show up as a podcast in the coming months.

Look out!