PDA

View Full Version : Model Magic lifespan

moo
06-15-2003, 05:20 AM
I just got a packet of Model Magic to make a tiny object, so I'll have a lot of excess MM left over. The packaging has a blurb on it: "It is not recommended to store Crayola Model Magic Modeling Compound for reuse." Does this mean once I open the package, any leftover MM will get wasted? If it is storable once opened, what would y'all recommend to keep in a state of near-freshness for a short period of time until I can figure out what else to make with it?

duck
06-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Just stick it in a ziplock bag(squeeze as much air out of it).

Dampen it a bit when you start working with it again and it should be fine(but maybe not as soft as when the package was first opened).

linzie chan
06-15-2003, 12:57 PM
It deosn't last very long at all. I put mine in tinfoil, and then a ziplock and now its all hard and crunchy. Luckilly the stuffs pretty cheap.

Din the Dancer
06-15-2003, 04:51 PM
I've had some un-used model magic for over a year now. I've kept it in a ziplock bag and periodically put water in the bag with it to keep it moist. Since this is foam it soaks up the water after a while. Oh and squease as much air out of the bag as possible.

archangeli
07-12-2003, 06:08 PM
I keep mine in an airtight container. It's been in there since x/mas and it's still good.

Gren
07-12-2003, 06:32 PM
I just let it harden into a rock-like stae, then when I need it, break off peices of the paperclay boulder, put them in a bag with some water, let it sit a few hours, then squish it around some.