PDA

View Full Version : Information regarding meeting the AX 2003 Guests of Honor

Dreamer81382
06-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Is there some ort of sign-up or central location where the AX 2003 Guests of Honor are going to be?

I am particularly interested in meeting Koshi Rikdo (in fact, I have a cosplay that depends on it)

But the official AX site isn't giving me much information so I was wondering if anyone here knew anything from past cons.

Maryssa
06-15-2003, 09:52 PM
They hold a reception that you must purchase tickets for beforehand.

Michi
06-15-2003, 09:55 PM
If you want to at least see him and ask questions, you could just go to his panel. But for MEETING... yeah, it's what Maryssa said.

ChibiMoFo
06-15-2003, 10:31 PM
I think I saw ppl at it last year, anyone know how much those run o_O Although you probably can't talk to most of the guests without a translator :l

Dreamer81382
06-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Okay, so how do you purchase tickets?

Psychotic Jei
06-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Wasnt it..25 or something last year. I just know the price keeps being raised... x.x;

die-sama
06-16-2003, 11:28 AM
where do u purchase tickets. and when? >_>;

Miaka No Baka
06-16-2003, 11:38 AM
it was 15 a person last year and the event is called "meet the guests reception" only a small nbr of ppl can buy tickets for it and they serve little snacky type food like crackers and cheese and the like. What it is, is there's however many tables and it's 1 guest per table (or in some cases guests from the same series at the same table) you sit at where ever you can and after 10 mins or so you switch to a diff table so everyone can sit and talk to whomever they have translaters at each table so don't worry about not being able to speak japanese or whatever. The tickets last year were available at the booth where they were selling the con t-shirts and the other con memorabelia. I went last year and what kinda sucked about it is we were like 4th in line for entering and like they said walk single file to the tables but some rude dumbass from closer to the back of the line ran up ahead of everyone and this caused everyone to run for the tables (more specifically watsuki's table) and fight over them X_X

Miaka no Baka

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Sometimes you get extremly lucky and they are walking around. Kunihiko Ikuhara (who wasn't a GOH but still had a panel and stuff) was just walking right through the Exhibit hall. It was awesome because I had just bought a bunch of Utena merchandise. He looked at it and just smiled. It was sooooooooo cool. AND HE HUGGED ME AND I GOT A PICTURE AND.... AND... *cough* Sorry. It was a shinning point in my life.

Anyway, my point it you can just keep an eye open and you may get lucky. I heard rumor that Puffi Ami Yumi and that girl who was the voice of Naga (forgot her name) was within arms length of me and I didn't even notice. lol! I'm so oblivious sometimes.. but Kunihiko I couldn't miss. I love that guy. *_*

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
it was 15 a person last year and the event is called "meet the guests reception" only a small nbr of ppl can buy tickets for it and they serve little snacky type food like crackers and cheese and the like. What it is, is there's however many tables and it's 1 guest per table (or in some cases guests from the same series at the same table) you sit at where ever you can and after 10 mins or so you switch to a diff table so everyone can sit and talk to whomever they have translaters at each table so don't worry about not being able to speak japanese or whatever. The tickets last year were available at the booth where they were selling the con t-shirts and the other con memorabelia. I went last year and what kinda sucked about it is we were like 4th in line for entering and like they said walk single file to the tables but some rude dumbass from closer to the back of the line ran up ahead of everyone and this caused everyone to run for the tables (more specifically watsuki's table) and fight over them X_X

Miaka no Baka

So I take it this means they were available right up until the day of? How much were they?

Miaka No Baka
06-16-2003, 02:11 PM
yeah they were and it was 15 bucks a person but that was last year I dunno about this year

Miaka no Baka

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
yeah they were and it was 15 bucks a person but that was last year I dunno about this year

Miaka no Baka

Hmmmm... *counts out AX funds* I'm so going to try this. ^_^;

Dreamer81382
06-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Must.... meet.. Koshi...Rikdo..

Must ... get picture in my .... Koshi Rikdo ... Coplay

Must get.. him.. to endorse .. future .. Excel Saga cosplay

Must ... stop ... talking like this

Miaka No Baka
06-16-2003, 07:14 PM
just remember if u go to the meet the guests reception u can't take photos and you can't ask for autographs. It's just a time for u to chat with a perticular GOH and ask questions that you have but didn't get answered at the GOH panel.

Miaka no Baka