PDA

View Full Version : hmm, would anyone like to see a sub-forum?

Yui
06-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Does anyone think we should request a j-rock discussion sub-forum here under this music chat forum? (You know like the FF cosplay sub-forum is under the game cosplay forum?) Would it get used? About half the threads under the j-rock/j-pop forum up on the page here are not cosplay-related (probably because simply the word "costumes" is absent in the title ^_^*) I don't mind too much myself, and I'd say 98% of our regular posters there don't mind either, but I still feel a little bad we may be mis-using the forum, and I think it confuses new people when they come in.

I don't know...thoughts, anyone?

ryuichi fangirl
06-15-2003, 10:35 PM
hmm...that sounds kinda like a good idea...I'd use it...and I think it does confuse some ppl who come in expecting only threads on cosplay....it'd be nice to have our own section just for j rock....^^

Yui
06-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I've noticed our...lack of cooperation...in willing to mix j-rock discussion in with general music topics here. Most of the threads that are here are because they were moved to this forum after they were started. ^_^*

ryuichi fangirl
06-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Yeah...a lot of them began in the j rock forum and they end up here...it might be easier if we had a sub-forum for it...then there would be less confusion over where we can have these threads...

Himemiya
06-15-2003, 11:27 PM
As long as Jrock is separate from Jpop -- in other words, i don't have to go to the Jrock subforum to find threads about morning musume. ^^

Yui
06-16-2003, 12:03 AM
No offense, I feel the same way...I've always kinda thought the original j-pop/j-rock costume thread should have been split too, but I recognize that it starts getting too specialized. Next thing, live action movie costumes would want their own forum and non-music-related goth & lolitas would...and...it'd just get out of hand. I'm just glad we have a j-music costume forum at all (instead of mucking around in the dread 'other costumes' forum ^_-)

Anyway, while I admit to listening to j-pop occasionally, I don't feel the need to discuss it or cosplay from it...though I doubt we'll get two sub-forums - I just wonder if we're making too many requests then. At this point, I'd just be happy to see a Japanese music chat section than no sub-division at all, so I don't mind sharing I suppose. I guess at worse, if it was labeled "j-rock chat", you could ignore it all together and keep posting in the general music section.

But a really good point to make. I only brought up the j-rock idea because I've noticed that all of us who talk about it -always- get way off-topic (and sometimes start off-topic ^_^*) there. Do you find the same thing happening in the j-pop threads?

Kaede
06-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Yeah I think they mesh because they're under the category of "j" and people seem to bring L'arc and TM and Dir all together...if I make any sense raise your hand heh. I bet j-pop would sneak its way in if there became a specific j-rock thread, but nevertheless I think there should be one because there really are so many threads on the general music board that fall into that category.

Himemiya
06-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Yui

But a really good point to make. I only brought up the j-rock idea because I've noticed that all of us who talk about it -always- get way off-topic (and sometimes start off-topic ^_^*) there. Do you find the same thing happening in the j-pop threads?

Exactly! And the J-pop threads are so few and far between (there's so little j-pop cosplay!) that its just easier if it's separated from J-rock... but i also agree with the splits-like-crazy thing... we dont need subforums from everything, but... yeah :D

I honestly don't listen to a lot of J-rock, and at cons or on forums, everyone knows the lyrics to every song gackt sings, but no one knows who Aya Matsuura is, or who Route-0 is, or even Morning Musume.! They all know Ayu and Hikki, and thats it o.o;;

Its just... the genre's are so different, its so weird that they're grouped together o.o; its like... grouping christina aquilara with korn o.O