PDA

View Full Version : Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

seraphik
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
I was searching through this forum trying to find a general thread for KHR cosplay- and was shocked not to find one, especially since Reborn seems to be becoming more and more popular each day. At the moment, as far as I can tell the KHR cosplay community is a rather small bunch, but I think it'd be nice if we had our own thread to discuss our costumes in. 8D

I'd like to hear what everyone else has planned re; KHR cosplay!

I myself am working on two currently, tyl!Lal Mirch and Dino. \o/

crazy_kuroi
03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm probably going to start work on tyl!Shouichi soon, but I wanted to figure out exactly how I'm doing the shoulder decoration/pad things. I'm thinking Sculpey and some massive detailing, unless more experienced people (and that should be just about all of you prop-wise) have better ideas. Any and all advice as to how to best go about doing those would be majorly appreciated.

ycysusan2001
03-26-2008, 01:01 AM
I got 3 forms of Chrome and 2 forms on Hibari finish~ I pretty sure Ill add more costumes on my Reborn list just not yet decide~

seraphik
03-26-2008, 01:53 AM
i've seen some cosplayers make the millefiore pauldrons out of crafting foam but even that looks difficult (the detailing will be hell aslkdjfs). sculpey could probably work as well, but it'd be heavier. i'd be really keen to see how the costume turns out, though!
( shou is so one of my favourite characters. ;; )

& @ ycy; what forms of chrome are you doing? 8D

sunbeam482
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I just recently started getting into KHR because my friend wanted me to cosplay Tsuna for her Gokudera at this coming Acen. I've only read through vol. 6, but it's awesome so far (just waiting for the plot to develop a little D: ). We're basically just doing closet cosplay this time around, but in the future I think we're going to do actual outfits, like school uniforms etc.

kimuhalu
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
I've been working on Adult Lambo for ACen, and I have a few more KHR cosplays planned for other future cons. ^_^ I just love this series.

And I just saw the episode where Irie Shoichi shows up today, and am thinking of adding him to the list as well. :heart:

-Skorch-
03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Lately I've been thinking of doing Yamamoto, not really sure which version yet though, probably varia or future arc (but not his future self). Was looking around to buy the rings and found some on ebay. But does anybody know what these are made of?

Rings (http://cgi.ebay.com/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn-Anime-Vongola-Ring-FULL-SET-of-6_W0QQitemZ150228733996QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1345QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

And I know somebody that might be doing 15 year old Lambo. Also reborn is one of my favorite anime (manga also). XD

Heat
03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I finished a Hyper Dying Will Tsuna recently!
He'll debut at SakuraCon 08 :D!!!
I <3 Reborn! :)

Fireheart Storm
03-26-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm doing Dino! Of corse, that Tattoo is going to not be fun. XD But it's worth it, I get the whip as well =3 oh and my friend is going to be hibari.

kimuhalu
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Was looking around to buy the rings and found some on ebay. But does anybody know what these are made of?

Rings (http://cgi.ebay.com/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn-Anime-Vongola-Ring-FULL-SET-of-6_W0QQitemZ150228733996QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1345QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Ohhhh... so tempted to buy those. But I don't trust Hong Kong merch too much. It looks like some kind of metal, but it may as well be plastic too. Try emailing the seller. :)

-Skorch-
03-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Ohhhh... so tempted to buy those. But I don't trust Hong Kong merch too much. It looks like some kind of metal, but it may as well be plastic too. Try emailing the seller. :)

That's what I did. Just sent a message to both of the sellers asking what they are made of. Just have to wait for an answer now. Well as long as it's not plastic, I'll probably get all 7 rings.

Think I probably will do Yamamoto either way (but it would be much better if I could get the ring). It should be simple and could easily be used for everyday normal wear.

Christie
03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Working on Dino

Got my wig and whip ordered! <:

Fireheart Storm
03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Working on Dino

Got my wig and whip ordered! <:

where did you get your Whip from? It would be nice to know, I need one as well.

crazy_kuroi
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
i've seen some cosplayers make the millefiore pauldrons out of crafting foam but even that looks difficult (the detailing will be hell aslkdjfs). sculpey could probably work as well, but it'd be heavier. i'd be really keen to see how the costume turns out, though!
( shou is so one of my favourite characters. ;; )

yeahhh...me and foam don't go together so well; I end up with a floor full of foam bits, and wasted time and money. I'm thinking about getting my detail-anal artist friend to do the details on the pauldrons (never knew what they were called, thank you! ^^) once I've shaped them if I find that I'm just making a mess of them (is better with weapons than details)

I'm really excited to do it, and I feel like such a dork, almost because he's such a dork, but I love his character to bits, but I'm too tall to do him pre-future arc D: now to convince my sister to be a Cerevello girl...>_>

ycysusan2001
03-27-2008, 01:50 AM

^^ I have regular green one, red/black color page one, and the orange jumpsuit one. ^^;;; My group just start adding characters to the jumpsuit color page. I have some photos in my gallery. Um... I might do suit version later if I feel like it.

moonlit-sky
03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
So far i've done Hyper Dying Will and summer school uniform Tsuna, Varia Arc Yamamoto and 25 yr old Lambo, all within a span of 2 months!
Pics are in my gallery, not alot though =P

I'm planning a couple of TYL characters now.

-Skorch-
03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I asked 2 different sellers about the rings, they both said the rings were made of metal. Just to let anybody else know If they were interested in them.

Fireheart Storm
04-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I was wondering if any one here had any good screen shots or manga pages with Dino's Tattoo, I would love to have some one draw it on my arm or do one of the temp. Tattoo transfers. Thanks a ton!

Padmik
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Coooooooooools~ A REBORN! forum :D

I read about 175 chapters in...two days? LOL I love REBORN! that muchos!

I don't have any plans to cosplay as any of the characters this year but I probably will next year for MomoCon 2009. So far, the only characters Im really interested in cosplaying are Hibari, Chrome, and Haru. I sort of will have the wig for Hibari already if I style it right.

Hey, thanks for info about the rings! I might buy some later on if they're still there. I have no money right now lol

-Skorch-
04-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I was wondering if any one here had any good screen shots or manga pages with Dino's Tattoo, I would love to have some one draw it on my arm or do one of the temp. Tattoo transfers. Thanks a ton!

Is this the one you're talking about?

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5917tj7.jpg

Fireheart Storm
04-02-2008, 09:51 PM
-Skorch- Thanks a Ton! That's the only shot I have of the sun part not half covered by his shirt and it's colored!

seraphik
04-03-2008, 02:02 PM
actually, speaking of dino's tattoos, has anyone got a clear picture of the bit around his wrist? i've looked for ages but i can only find partial refs asldkfjls D8

ultimaaa
04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I've been waiting for this thread to be made! :D So far I've cosplayed 3 different versions of Mukuro and I just did Byakuran this past weekend at Sakura-Con. And I'm planning on cosplaying Colonnello soon and another version of Mukuro (the New Years kimono) in the future. I'm... quite addicted to the series, if you can't tell. XD

I'm probably going to start work on tyl!Shouichi soon, but I wanted to figure out exactly how I'm doing the shoulder decoration/pad things. I'm thinking Sculpey and some massive detailing, unless more experienced people (and that should be just about all of you prop-wise) have better ideas. Any and all advice as to how to best go about doing those would be majorly appreciated.

The shoulder armor is actually really easy! I bought four of those half face mask things that you can get at a craft store, then cut the forehead parts off (so it's just the curved part and none of the face). Then I put them together so that they make the bowl shape and filled the gaps with bristol paper. All the designs on top were then done with craft foam, then I sealed it with modpodge and spraypainted them silver. For Byakuran I then had to add the chains, but all I did for that was pierce the edge of the armor with a really thick pin (t-pins work best) and threaded jump rings through it. You can see a close-up here: http://i28.tinypic.com/254y7nn.jpg

Fireheart Storm
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
actually, speaking of dino's tattoos, has anyone got a clear picture of the bit around his wrist? i've looked for ages but i can only find partial refs asldkfjls D8

This is one of the best I could find.....

on a difrent note, look at the emblem on the plane in this photo, look similar to some thign we know? :D

kimuhalu
04-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I hope these help, even if just a little bit.

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn/item173045/
http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn/item146293/

Fireheart Storm
04-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Kesshoutan, any bit helps! Thanks alot!

I'm 99% sure on his wrist it says Baracca, for the WWI italian piolat Ace, he had the 'prancing horse' symbol used today by Ferrari, just an interesting fact I got from reading the Wikipedia artical

kimuhalu
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
I just looked through my Reborn vol. 4 - 6 because I was interested as well (and I remember trying to piece together his tattoo about two months ago, too). X3 I agree with 'Baracca'. Dino has the most badass tattoo in Reborn!.

Fireheart Storm
04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
can't rember what part of the manga it's in, but on one of the chapter seperating art pecies, Dino and Hibari are fighting asnd dino's shirt is flying p and you can see from his left him up, flames, I have the photo on the computer at school, I'll get it on my USB stick (for got that today) to show ya'll, it's pretty cool.

Oh, and I was struck by insperation being shown this.
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/category/bath_and_beauty/cosmetics/make_up_techniques

You could do a pretty beat up version of your Character! (poor Tsuna....)

crazy_kuroi
04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
The shoulder armor is actually really easy! I bought four of those half face mask things that you can get at a craft store, then cut the forehead parts off (so it's just the curved part and none of the face). Then I put them together so that they make the bowl shape and filled the gaps with bristol paper. All the designs on top were then done with craft foam, then I sealed it with modpodge and spraypainted them silver. For Byakuran I then had to add the chains, but all I did for that was pierce the edge of the armor with a really thick pin (t-pins work best) and threaded jump rings through it. You can see a close-up here: http://i28.tinypic.com/254y7nn.jpg

@+@ THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 This will really help once I can get to work on the costume. Your Byakuran looks awesome; I hope there's some at Fanime or Ax who does as good a job so that I can be tormented >_>;;

bubblefire
04-04-2008, 06:44 AM
i was waiting for someone to start a reborn one! thank you so much <3

i've done kyoko~ she needs some improving but my friends though i was good so i'm happy that at least other people though it was good

i'm hopefully going to be ryohei! :3 if i can find a wig DX

Fireheart Storm
04-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Are you going to be EXTREEM???? XP I love Ryohei, he needs more love.

Wish me luck, I hit the thrift stores tomarow looking for Dino's Jacket. :D

bubblefire
04-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Are you going to be EXTREEM???? XP I love Ryohei, he needs more love.

Wish me luck, I hit the thrift stores tomarow looking for Dino's Jacket. :D
i will be TO THE EXTREME! :D

yess he so does need more love! i just need to find a wig D: which i can't find anywhere D:

good luck! its jacket design it sort of in at the moment so you maybe in luck! thrift shops are a cosplayer best friend! xD

Fireheart Storm
04-06-2008, 05:03 AM
OH GOOD LORD WHY AM I AWAKE? oh ya, just got back form prom.

So, today really failed, hardcore, found one jacket that COULD have worked, if it hadn't been black and white. *scowls* I feel more like Gokudera right now then Dino *dies*

bubblefire
04-06-2008, 05:27 AM
aww D: you might have to try more than one shop, i mean to get my kyoko skirt, it took me 5 different op shops and visit one store visited twice! so don't give up hope!

Touya no miko
04-06-2008, 05:39 AM
I've got Hibari on my list of cosplays. Not to mention, I'll be hosting Fanime's very first KHR gathering.

seraphik
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
aslkdjf thanks for the ref pictures!

i had a bit of a disaster with my costume last night- i finally had my lal cloak perfectly dyed red and the way i wanted it but it kept rubbing off in my hands even though it was dry, so i put it in the washing machine. what a mistake.

all the dye came out. 8(

elvia.chan
04-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Reborn thread!
I'm planning to cosplay Dino or Gokudera.
I'm leaning towards Dino, but his jacket frightens me because I don't know how to make it, or where to buy it. (Any advice?)
But then again, Gokudera has so much jewelry so that makes me lazy...
I'm pretty sure it's going to end up being Dino, since he's my favorite character from the series. :D

savani
04-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I revently cosplayed as Reborn, with a friend as Lambo, and another as Belphegor XDDD
I really want to cosplay Gokudera ><

DeadlyHOLiC
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying Lambo for Fanime next month and I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm not exactly sure on how to do the cow print on the shirt, does anyone know what I could do for it?

kimuhalu
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I think some people have used a white dress shirt and painted them on. I myself bought cow-print cotton and made the shirt with a pattern.

DeadlyHOLiC
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks for replying so quickly ^.^
I think I might have to stick with painting the spots on since I don't have a pattern, any sewing skills, and I don't really know where to get the material.
Just wondering, do you have any idea if it matters what kind of paint or whatever you use when putting the spots on?

kimuhalu
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't know what kind of paint is recommended, I've never painted on fabric. But I believe there is paint specifically for fabric you can buy at craft stores, so maybe you can try a Joann Fabric or Michaels (any craft store depending where you are located).

DeadlyHOLiC
04-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Alright, I'll look around, thanks for the help ^.^
I really hope I don't mess up this cosplay since it'll be my first cosplay xD

ycysusan2001
04-17-2008, 04:11 AM
fabric paint will work, they have it in JoAnn.

DeadlyHOLiC
04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Alright, now I just have to worry about not messing up the spots xD
Umm, also I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to do the horns for Lambo? I'm not really sure whether or not I'll be wearing horn but if I can I'd probably want to.

ycysusan2001
04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
My friends just went to Halloween store and buy a pair. Im pretty sure they sell it on ebay too

DeadlyHOLiC
04-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Alrighty then, I guess thats all the questions I have about Lambo cosplay, thanks a bunch ^.^

shinespark
04-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I'll be cosplaying Tsuna for Anime Expo, anyone have suggestions on what to use for his gloves? I had originally wanted some nice leather gloves to mod, but since it's no longer winter, I'm finding it difficult to find what I want.

love squad
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Reborn! is great series to cosplay )
I've done 3 ver. of Gokudera costumes since it's really simple - 2nd year Namimory school uniform, Storm Guardian outfit from Varia arc and black suit from calendar
Now i'm planning to do black jumpsuit and 1-nd year uniform

Haku23
04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
VOIIIII!!! I'd really like to do Squalo some day. ha ha. Maybe young one though cause that outfit of his...0.0 not good for Anime North-too hot. Maybe Belphagor too but we'll see. I'd have to bind like crazy though XD

Rikkizilla
04-23-2008, 12:30 AM
I cosplayed as Lambo for Keikon and Sakuracon this year! Although most of the costume is just from the closet [except the shirt and bazooka.. which I don't have any pictures of], I think it came together pretty well. XD;!!

I want to go as Xanxus someday.. although it's just like, a wild dream. XD;

onigirix
04-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Yay, REBORN thread! My favorite seriesss. :'D

I planned to do Hibari (dude, how am I going to embroider that prefect arm band Dx?) since I convinced by friend to be my Dino... But Tsuna is so tempting! I actually think I'd be able to pull off Tsuna better, though.
But then again, TONFA. Now I can't choose. :/

momotaros
04-23-2008, 04:07 AM
YAAAAY reborn thread!!

so sad its not that popular in australia T_T BUT ANYWAY!!!

I'm cosplaying Hibari kyoya this week~ yaaay ^^ then in september i'll be cosplaying Belphegor :O

onigirix
04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Hrm. Any suggestions on getting a dying flame will to stay on one's forehead for Tsuna? xD

ultimaaa
04-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Hrm. Any suggestions on getting a dying flame will to stay on one's forehead for Tsuna? xD

I would suggest a hair pin of sorts. Either a bobby pin or a clip, so you can just attach it to your wig/hair whenever. :)

Yukikun
05-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Finally found this sucker. Anyways I'm gearing up for a photo shoot tomorrow. But. I'm having one issue. I need a bar code for the face, since I'm doing Chikusa Kakimoto. >>; Any suggestions for last minute fix up?

onigirix
05-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Finally found this sucker. Anyways I'm gearing up for a photo shoot tomorrow. But. I'm having one issue. I need a bar code for the face, since I'm doing Chikusa Kakimoto. >>; Any suggestions for last minute fix up?

Liquid eyeliner? Dx
Or regular eyeliner in case liquid type smears too easily?

dytia
05-11-2008, 07:13 AM
i am doing bianchi soon..

I cannot get a good shot of the tattoo anywhere for reference. can anyone help?

bubblefire
05-11-2008, 07:54 AM
YAAAAY reborn thread!!

so sad its not that popular in australia T_T BUT ANYWAY!!!

I'm cosplaying Hibari kyoya this week~ yaaay ^^ then in september i'll be cosplaying Belphegor :O
oh it will become popular in australia! :3 didn't you see how many reborn! cosplayers were at brisnova! soo many @_@

NanaBisou
05-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Omg. Reborn Thread. :heart: :heart:

I'm doing Tsuna for AN '08. 8D

Just wondering, for those of you who have cosplayed him before, what did you do when I came to the X gloves. I'm having a bit of trouble with them.

moonlit-sky
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm still in progress of an upgraded version of the x-gloves. Before that my gloves were a black pair with sliver finger mittens worn over. Not very practical because the fingers kept slipping out. It's an idea to work on.

Currently i'm stitching the silver fabric over the fingers of a normal gloves' pattern, to wear under a black fingerless pair. The emblems will be stuck on like the previous pair.

Hope that helped.

Crow711
05-13-2008, 01:08 AM
So I recently became really interested in doing a Byakuran cosplay.

I have this main ref pic to go on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Spiked286/Byakuranref1.jpg

but I was wondering if anybody had some pictures from the manga or anime that were good closeups of the details on the shoulder pieces, his pin, his ring, or his legs (where the black connects to white).

TseUq
05-14-2008, 04:55 AM
As Reborn is really popular among cosplayers where I live, and then after my recent trip to Japan (where its super popular); I went to a cosplay event and literally *no joke* out of 500 cosplayers it wouldnt suprise me if 400 of them were from Katekyo Hitman Reborn XDDD .... So I see Reborn as a popular series LOL XD ... but then when I cosplay from it I get: who/what are you from? TT__TT

Will be doing Reborn and Basil at Fanime in just over a week! ^^ Need.to.finish.Basil's.Weapon V__V

Crow711
05-14-2008, 05:20 PM
As Reborn is really popular among cosplayers where I live, and then after my recent trip to Japan (where its super popular); I went to a cosplay event and literally *no joke* out of 500 cosplayers it wouldnt suprise me if 400 of them were from Katekyo Hitman Reborn XDDD .... So I see Reborn as a popular series LOL XD ... but then when I cosplay from it I get: who/what are you from? TT__TT

Will be doing Reborn and Basil at Fanime in just over a week! ^^ Need.to.finish.Basil's.Weapon V__V

I know the feeling. It was awhile ago, last summer, but when i went there there was reborn stuff everywhere! And the varia arc was just starting then too. I had already started watching it before going there, but I didn't really get into it till I got back and realized just how popular it was over there. I wish I had gotten more Reborn stuff over there.

Bring a reborn cosplay to Kumoricon! That's when I want to do my Byakuran cosplay ^^

Heimdall
05-19-2008, 12:54 AM
A KHR thread! This series really needs more love...

I was wondering to anyone that has done Mukuro's school uniform if they bought the jacket and the pants together or if they have to be made by me. I'm having a difficult time trying to find a green jacket and pants that are the same color tone =\

ultimaaa
05-19-2008, 04:53 AM
A KHR thread! This series really needs more love...

I was wondering to anyone that has done Mukuro's school uniform if they bought the jacket and the pants together or if they have to be made by me. I'm having a difficult time trying to find a green jacket and pants that are the same color tone =\

I had to make my own, for the same reason. It's pretty much impossible to thrift the uniform and have everything matching. In the end making it was a lot less hassle, plus everything was the same colour. :D

bubblefire
05-24-2008, 09:56 PM
liiive thread liiiiiive

i got my ryohei wig~ it looks more on the grey side but oh well i like it, it difficult to find it anyway!

benihime
05-25-2008, 01:01 AM
my friends recently got me into reborn, and sadly i'm only on volume 5 because of the con coming up but i'm starting to LOVE the characters

i'm either going to be adult lambo
or
dino
i have a tsuna or hibari either way so YAY XD
although i'm not that far in the series so i may change my mind XD

Kairi.nin
05-25-2008, 01:30 AM
A KHR thread~ <333

Well, uh.. for NEXT year, I plan on cosplaying as Mukuro. xD Alongside my girlfriend who plans on cosplaying Chrome~ :angel:

I'm glad we're planning over a year in advance, though, personally. More than likely we're going to end up making over half the stuff [albeit we plan on buying the outfits if they're available in a year], and I need to get myself used to contacts. @.@ Oi.

I can't wait, though. <3

kimuhalu
05-26-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm so estatic, I just bought a set of the 7 Vongola rings that included the Sky Ring. Since I plan on cosplaying a lot of Reborn!, this set comes very in handy. :D I did bite the bullet and bought from Asia (China) though, since I couldn't find any at ACen or elsewhere.

Since Lambo is finished, next will be Tsuna (I think...). Still deciding.

Heimdall
05-26-2008, 01:25 PM
I had to make my own, for the same reason. It's pretty much impossible to thrift the uniform and have everything matching. In the end making it was a lot less hassle, plus everything was the same colour. :D

Thank you so much ^^

Silver Fusion
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Hmm, I'm cosplaying Basil soon and I only really need to sort the jacket now, but I have no idea what to make it from. Does anybody have any ideas for me?

Flamey
05-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I just got back from Anime North where I cosplayed as Bel... I love the Varia arc.

However, I'm going to try making his crown, since it's rather unique and all. I've never made props before, so it's bound to be interesting. I really have no idea on the type of material I should be using.

Heimdall
05-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Okay, to the people that have cosplayed Mukuro...where did you get the contacts for each eye? I've looked around the internet and I can't find them anywhere...

Gravitationxx--
05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm working on;
Tyl!Mukuro
Prefect!Hibari
Dino

Haven't gotten much done and I have to have Dino and Hibari done by AWA.

Anyone have any idea how I could make a pair of Tonfas?
Will they allow real-ish whips at AWA? (As long as I pose 8D??)

Heimdall
05-31-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm working on;
Tyl!Mukuro
Prefect!Hibari
Dino

Haven't gotten much done and I have to have Dino and Hibari done by AWA.

Anyone have any idea how I could make a pair of Tonfas?
Will they allow real-ish whips at AWA? (As long as I pose 8D??)

My friend made them of hard cardboard tubes and then painted them silver with black tape on the handle grip...they came out awesome...but they can also make real damaged if they're swinged at someone...

Gravitationxx--
05-31-2008, 11:28 AM
@Heimdall;

Hm. Sounds intresting. I have a pair of real ones, I just know they won't allow them at conventions.

I'll try that method, if all fails, PVC pipe. xD
PVC saves all sometimes.

Dino's jacket, should I make it or buy one that looks simaler?

crazy_kuroi
05-31-2008, 02:25 PM
So I recently became really interested in doing a Byakuran cosplay.

I have this main ref pic to go on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Spiked286/Byakuranref1.jpg

but I was wondering if anybody had some pictures from the manga or anime that were good closeups of the details on the shoulder pieces, his pin, his ring, or his legs (where the black connects to white).

ahaha, trying to find reference pics for the pauldrons was such a bitch XD Thankfully, the entire Millefiore's are the same.
http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/168/08/ (that one is pretty good of the pauldron, and you can fill in the other side, since it's pretty much the same)
http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/168/13/ (lol ring)
http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/141/02/ (pretty good details on the pin, and it just goes downward in a cone)
The legsssss OH GOD THE LEG PIECE THINGS. In some pictures, they're midway in the knee-pad things, in others, they're below the kneepads completely. In some pictures, they look like part of the pants, in others, they look like they shouldn't even be staying up.
I'd say just use your best judgement on the leg pieces D:

Gravitationxx--
05-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Byakuran's outfit befuddles me. I can't even really tell you how those leg pieces are made. x-x
They confuse me.

But everything else is relatively simple! <3 :3

crazy_kuroi
05-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Byakuran's outfit befuddles me. I can't even really tell you how those leg pieces are made. x-x
They confuse me.

But everything else is relatively simple! <3 :3
urgh, I know. I spent such a long time trying to figure out whether or not they were part of the pants or separate, and whether they attached inside the kneepads or below them. I finally just went with inside the kneepads and separate. But it's so freaking WEIRD D: Byakuran should not be allowed to choose uniforms for the Millefiore; they just end up so strange...at least they're all pretty much the same, which makes finding reference pics a little easier...

Gravitationxx--
05-31-2008, 05:19 PM
-Finger wag- BAD BYAKURAN, CONFUSING US COSPLAYERS LIKE THIS.
D:<

I thought maybe the pants cascaded down into black. but I keep seeing diffrent things. x.x
I tried looking it up, but. . to no avail.

ultimaaa
05-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Okay, to the people that have cosplayed Mukuro...where did you get the contacts for each eye? I've looked around the internet and I can't find them anywhere...

I wear prescription lenses so it was a bit harder for me to find good lenses. I got my blue ones from CosplayLab and my red lens was a custom order from 9mmsfx (because I was insane and wanted the "6"). But for a regular red lens, you should also be able to get them from any retailer that sells special effect and theatrical lenses. They'll be pricey though, fair warning. My regular red lenses cost me almost $200 but I'm practically blind so I needed them crazy prescription and all that jazz. XD

wingedinfinity
05-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Random comment
I'LL GLOMP ANYONE WHO COSPLAYS FROM KHR!!!
(especially Bel :). and Dino..O.O and Mukuro..and well..all of them XD)

Fireheart Storm
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm saving up my money now to get my wig for Dino :P It's gunna be a blast coaplying as him and my fiend said she would teach me how to crack a whip properly (not that a Con would let me do that....) hopefully tonight I'll be able to do a tst run on the tattoo paper for Dino's Tattoo.

wingedinfinity
05-31-2008, 07:20 PM
crack a whip properly?
>>
<<
x.x
XDDDDD
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats why i love Dino so much.
He has a whip. lol

Fireheart Storm
05-31-2008, 07:37 PM
yes, Whip :P Hopefully by the time I finish up Dino, My cosin will beteaching me how to ride her horse properly (right now I'm learning how to do ground work and take care of him)

So, I desied I'm just gunna wait untill the seson for bying Dino-like jackets comes back to get one, to much of a hassel to order them online.

Gravitationxx--
06-01-2008, 12:24 AM
:O!
I have a whip!
-Will be cosplaying Dino aswell-
I have my wig now, I'm just mussing it. xD
I love Dino's messy hair.

MissAwesome
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm doing Chrome and Shoichi next year for AZ09.

I have no clue how to make Chrome's Trident thing.

Shoichi - I have a fairly good idea on how to make the Millefiore uniform in my head.

I really want to get some of my friends into KHR so I can have a Byakuran or Mukuro to play with at Animazement 09. Oh well, I've got almost a full year... XD

Chewibunny
06-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Yayness a KHR thread! Yeah, cons have most definitely been lacking on the cosplay. So far, i've cosplayed Tsuna, Lambo and Hibari and planning Mukuro. The usual response I get for Tsuna at cons is "Your hair's on fire" ^^;

For Hibari's Tonfas, I was planning on making mine out of aluminum. But right now I'm overly afraid they might get confiscated at cons if I go through with it xD

hikarilight
06-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Oohh, a Reborn thread, why didn't I see this XD

I currently made 3 versions of Tsuna and 3 versions of Gokudera but have only woren one version of Tsuna and 2 versions of Gokudera. They include hyper dying will!Millefiore/TYL Tsuna (what he started the TYL arc with and what he is currently wearing) this past Anime North, Koukuyo!Gokudera and Sky battle!Gokudera. I have the winter uniform (ie. beige blazer) but haven't found any time or place to wear it and the same goes with Storm battle!Tsuna.

I'm hoping to do more versions of both characters in the future. I might be interested in doing other characters but it's probably highly unlikey.

wingedinfinity
06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
STOP WITH TSUNA AND COSPLAY BEL PEOPLE!! XD
i love Bel...he's so pretty

Dino+whip+alkjfsdou= ZOMFG YAY!
Dino+Bel+whip+knives thingys=...x.x

XD
i was thinking about cosplaying Chrome
or Bel..but i'd want to be in a group for it lol

Fireheart Storm
06-02-2008, 02:28 PM
STOP WITH TSUNA AND COSPLAY BEL PEOPLE!! XD
i love Bel...he's so pretty

Dino+whip+alkjfsdou= ZOMFG YAY!
Dino+Bel+whip+knives thingys=...x.x

XD
i was thinking about cosplaying Chrome
or Bel..but i'd want to be in a group for it lol

Ooooo, do Chrome and get some one to be Mukuro! That would be awsome!

ah, I really should try to finish edditing this immage so I can get Dino's tattoo printed out and try it, but all I have is paint.....

MissAwesome
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Bel is fun to cosplay.

You get to go around Conventions screaming about blood and laughing oddly.

There was another Bel at the con I went to. I should have pretended to kill her, like she was a cockroach... (Best reason for killing ever)

If I ever do Dino, I'm not even going to attempt to do his tattoo. And if I did, anyways, I'd want a Hibari to go with me.

I want a Mukuro or Byakuran to go with me to my next con~.

Someone should cosplay Spanner or something cool like that. :O

benihime
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
okay so i'm going to cosplay dino
but i'm not sure which outfit?

i thoughta bout the one jacket with the fur, but AX is in july and it's going to be HOT! so i don't know
or the suit? hmmm

and for the wig

http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=26258&cat=0&page=1
?
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Short-Med-Flip-Wig-Strawberry-Blonde-27-NWT-Wigs_W0QQitemZ370055403984QQihZ024QQcategoryZ60188 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ive noticed sometimes his hair is more blonde and in some pictures its more orange? O.O

Fireheart Storm
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
You're going to AX? Suit for sure, and if you can manage it, roll up the sleves under that Jacket, it's gunna be HOT.

On anouther note, I plan on getting Scruffy in 24B when I can. Even if his hair is orange-ish at times, I think the golden blonde looks best.

How are you doing the tattoo benihime? are you using tatto tranfer paper?

benihime
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
good idea, i like the jacket better. now i gotta get a WHIP! XD

yeah i like the scruffy (i have two of them. fu fu fu) yeah i think the blonde looks better

yeah i was thinking a bout that, if i can get a good image of the tatto

battleknight45
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
hi im gonna cosplay for the first time.. and i want to cosplay as tsuna... does anybody have tips? well.. i want to make the vongola gloves not the x gloves... and what i have in mind is i cut a portion of Styrofoam.. then use tissue and white glue.. then smoothen by sand papering it.. then paint..

as for the flame i want to make my gloves some after flame effect... so i think of cotton(the one on pillows the long strand one) then color it with some flame collor orange and red...

any more tips? and any more vongola glove pics? because this pic is not enough to me...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6625/tsuna2ba9.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsuna2ba9.jpg)

benihime
06-02-2008, 10:47 PM
okay so
scruffy is out of the pretty much ONLY blonde color and it doesn't come in that one

so this is the one this one ebay seller chose (i love their wigs btw)
http://cgi.ebay.com/REBORN-DINO-Short-Blonde-wig-cosplay-new_W0QQitemZ180248425580QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60188Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
but
i like this one better?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NARUTO-BLONDE-short-layer-cosplay-wig-new_W0QQitemZ150254356527QQihZ005QQcategoryZ60188Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fireheart Storm
06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
that's a tought one, the length of the first is better I think though, I guess if you de-spiked it the second could work? >x sorry for not being helpful.

Oh boy, I hope my friend has a whip I can use, but her's is shiny black I think.....

benihime
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
yeah i think i'll get the first one, they usually are good at chosing wigs and his hair is that orange in some pictures

but now my friend wants me to do the fluffy hoodie version O: i don't know which one to do

ultimaaa
06-03-2008, 12:43 AM
yeah i think i'll get the first one, they usually are good at chosing wigs and his hair is that orange in some pictures

but now my friend wants me to do the fluffy hoodie version O: i don't know which one to do

If you're wearing him for AX, there are several outfits of his where he just wears t-shirts and stuff. If you can find clothes that look really similar to his, and do a good job on the tattoo, then you should be okay. :D My friend did that for her Dino and she was recognized (well, as recognized as a REBORN! cosplayer could be last year XD). I think wearing the full fur coat would be overboard. ^^ Unless you just carried it around.

benihime
06-03-2008, 12:46 AM
If you're wearing him for AX, there are several outfits of his where he just wears t-shirts and stuff. If you can find clothes that look really similar to his, and do a good job on the tattoo, then you should be okay. :D My friend did that for her Dino and she was recognized (well, as recognized as a REBORN! cosplayer could be last year XD). I think wearing the full fur coat would be overboard. ^^ Unless you just carried it around.

true true
well i'll have to keep looking O:
would it be better to watch the anime for references or keep reading the manga (i just picked up 7and 8)

CloakedUnknown
06-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Hey all! I don't really post on forums but I found a KHR group! Glad to know alot of poeple like/want to cosplay this awesome anime/manga! I myself am planning on cosplaying Hibari. It should all be together around time for AWA. I'm going to have to buy an outfit. My friend is busy with her cosplay this year and I don't want to bother her. Making the tonfa will be intresting to make and so will little Hibird. Is anybody else going to AWA??

liiive thread liiiiiive

i got my ryohei wig~ it looks more on the grey side but oh well i like it, it difficult to find it anyway!

A-are you going to cosplay Ryohei?? He's my favorite... but i'm a little too skinny to cosplay mr buff. If you are I can't wait to see it finished! ~<3 EXTREME!!

battleknight45
06-03-2008, 02:07 AM
well im a first timer on cosplaying.. and im planning on cosplaying tsuna...

i want to make the vongola gloves not the X-gloves.. i want some tips... what i thought is... to cut a portion of a ball styrofoam then use tissue and white glue then smoothen it with sand paper.. for the flame i was thinking on using long strands of cotton... then color it.. maybe add glitters or something...

also anybody have more pics of the vongola glove other than this one?

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8338/tsuna2jr9.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsuna2jr9.jpg)

Gravitationxx--
06-03-2008, 03:26 PM

i want to make the vongola gloves not the X-gloves.. i want some tips... what i thought is... to cut a portion of a ball styrofoam then use tissue and white glue then smoothen it with sand paper.. for the flame i was thinking on using long strands of cotton... then color it.. maybe add glitters or something...

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8338/tsuna2jr9.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsuna2jr9.jpg)

Those look like the X gloves. But I'm half blinded so, xD
Tsunaaaa, if you come to AWA you can play a little game with Hibari, neh? :3

I suggest looking up a tutorial. tis what I did for my Tonfas.

OH!
Anyone know where I can find a whip? I was thinkin' at a 'Eh-hem' certain shop, but my mom would never let me go there.

@CloakedUnknown;
:O I'm going as Hibari for AWA on Friday, and Dino on Saturday.
If you go as Hibari on Friday, I'm coming to find you! I'll bite. . MYSELF to death. xDDDD

CloakedUnknown
06-03-2008, 04:16 PM
@CloakedUnknown;
:O I'm going as Hibari for AWA on Friday, and Dino on Saturday.
If you go as Hibari on Friday, I'm coming to find you! I'll bite. . MYSELF to death. xDDDD

LOL, don't crowd too much or I might bite YOU lol XD. I will be Hibari all weekend and I wouldn't mind taking a picture with you on Saturday, that is, if you don't mind.

Gravitationxx--
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
@CloakedUnknown;

>3
D18, neh?
I'll so find you. Probably trip a few times. :D
Dino doesn't have his men that day.

CloakedUnknown
06-03-2008, 04:56 PM
@CloakedUnknown;

>3
D18, neh?
I'll so find you. Probably trip a few times. :D
Dino doesn't have his men that day.

Kufufu....wait i'm not Mukuro, lol. If you bring Enzio, just don't let him go by water! "Ah, I tripped over my foot." lol

Gravitationxx--
06-03-2008, 05:06 PM
:o
I have a little turtle. xD
But, he doesn't look like Enzio. D:

CloakedUnknown
06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
:o
I have a little turtle. xD
But, he doesn't look like Enzio. D:

It's a fake turtle right?? You could add little spikes to his back if you want or are able too. I just thuoght it would be weird to say add spikes and it ended up being real, though I never met anyone with a real pet at a con. That would be cool though. lol

Gravitationxx--
06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Ahh. No, it's fake. xD
Real would be cool though.

benihime
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
k so im trying to pick a color for my dino wig

wig = http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=26258&cat=2446&page=1

colors
http://www.cosworx.com/pages.php?pageid=13

either 144 or 24.613

??

CloakedUnknown
06-03-2008, 08:22 PM

colors

either 144 or 24.613

??

I found the 144 one but not the 24.613 one, I am known to miss things though lol, if you meant 27.613 then nevermind, lol

Out of the two I personally like, 144. The color seems about right to me.

MissAwesome
06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I think instead of Chrome for AZ09, I'm going to be Dino.

I doubt I could do the tattoo justice though, but does anyone have any decent refs of it? And any good ways to make it into a tattoo? I'm not used to doing stuff like that, so I'm sure what do, and I don't fancy much having to draw it onto my arm.

I'm going to try to get a Byakuran to come with me for my Shoichi, and possibly a Hibari for my Dino, but I don't know anyone who looks like either of those too. XD

Also, does anyone know whether Dino's jacket is fully lined?

CloakedUnknown
06-03-2008, 11:35 PM

colors

either 144 or 24.613

??

I replied to you earlier but I don't know if it went through so i'll just reply again and see what happens.

I like the 144 wig it looks more like him. Kinda golden but not bright gold. :)

***For MissAwesome

It's not a very big picture but I hope it helps!

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/RESOURCE/MEDIA/IMAGES/bookcovers/Original/BookCovers10/1/4/2/1/1421516640.jpg

Also you could use tattoo transfer paper?? Just have a flat image of it and you could print it out on the paper, but i'm not sure where to get the it....

Fireheart Storm
06-03-2008, 11:45 PM

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/158/18-19/

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/159/07/

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/159/14/

That help at all?

SAKU+朔
06-04-2008, 12:58 AM
So I cosplayed Bel to Fanime at the last moment. I ended up having to hand dye a striped shirt because it wouldn't take to dye normally.
Has anyone ever seen a decent off the shoulder, red striped top like Bel's?

Gravitationxx--
06-04-2008, 09:58 AM
So I cosplayed Bel to Fanime at the last moment. I ended up having to hand dye a striped shirt because it wouldn't take to dye normally.
Has anyone ever seen a decent off the shoulder, red striped top like Bel's?

Hot Topic is perfedt for Bel outfits. :]
I got a lovely green off the shoulder shirt from there.

MissAwesome
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I wore a green one for my Bel cosplay a few weeks ago, but yeah, Hot Topic, or on Ebay, maybe. It's not really the season for long stripey t-shirts like that, so you'll have a hard time finding it anywhere else.

Gravitationxx--
06-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Green is amazing on Bel. <3

battleknight45
06-05-2008, 02:50 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/158/18-19/

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/159/07/

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/159/14/

That help at all?

i see thnaks.. so whats inside is the symbol of the sky ring right?

question... how can i make a shiny glass like effect in the x-gloves vongola ring version?

Franky_star
06-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I really wanna cosplay Spanner for Ikasu. XD The two people that have done spanners in the gallery are freakin' amazing. *.*

Reborn cosplay always impresses me.

....No one's gonna have a freakin' clue who I am at Ikasu XD

MissAwesome
06-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Spanner is awesome.
Yeah, Reborn Cosplay always seems to be amazing, since it's a fairly obscure anime, only people who truly care about getting it perfectly seem to do the costumes. :>

Are you going to do the tattoo also? It looks kind of complicated.

Crow711
06-05-2008, 09:55 PM
thank you so much crazy_kuroi! that's so helpful!

wow. i never even saw the black part on his lower legs as a separate piece, i always thought it was part of the pants o-o;;

that would make the pants easier though. i was just thinking that having a seam right below the knees where the black starts wouldn't exactly look pretty.

but looking at the ref. pic i posted earlier, the way the black falls when it hits his shoes, definitely makes it look like the bottom of pants.
(the ref i'm talking about (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Spiked286/Byakuranref1.jpg) )

so i guess i'm kind of confused as to what kind of separate leg piece people are seeing it as o-O;;

benihime
06-05-2008, 11:06 PM
no one on reference to dino's tatto? i'm going to need it too :\

Gravitationxx--
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM

I'm doing Dino aswell.
I'll look for some and edit this post when I get home tommorow<3
I think I'm coming home early.
Dunno.

Last day of school is tommorow.

Fireheart Storm
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM

http://photobucket.com/image/dino%20cavallone/GinMizu/Dino/cal0803.jpg?o=104

I'm currently working on a flat version of his tattoo, some hting nice you can print out real easy ontot tatto paper or what ever

Random LJ thing about Din's Tattoo
http://community.livejournal.com/hitman_reborn/1451026.html

benihime
06-05-2008, 11:54 PM
if you would i'd love you forever <3

just bid on a WHIP i'm super excited <3

Fireheart Storm
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
:D My mom gave me a really odd look when I told her I was gunna need a whip for the costume. I made every thign better by saying, "he does some indian Jones stuff with that whip thar :P"

speeking of wich, I think when I'm dino, I'll be runnign around for atleast one day in a pin stripe suit, as I own one (got it at a grage sale for $1.75, oh ya!) I needs a romario though....

Franky_star
06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to paint Spanner's tattoo on. *hangs head* Temptu doesnt offer custom temp. tattos anymore, and as fun as paying 100 dollars for a 1,000 spanner tattoos.....Dont wanna place a bulk order.

Anyone know how well the print-on tattos work? The do it at home ones, that is.

I wish I had canon colors. I just KNOW it's gonna be Dirge of Cerebus Yuffie all over again and I'm gonna have to keep editing the costume until the last min. -.-;

MissAwesome
06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh gah, I hate canon colours.

It's like Matt from Death Note. People tend to just ignore his real colorscheme.

I've seen some very good Print-ons, but if you can, I'd recommend following the instructions here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=109212 because It seems like it works better over Print-ons, and can look nicer, what I've seen of other cosplayers.

benihime
06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
problem is though that his tattoo will require quite a bit of painting and such and i SUCK at that :\

Fireheart Storm
06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
problem is though that his tattoo will require quite a bit of painting and such and i SUCK at that :\

I know how you feel, still working on editing the tattoo, workingon ther flames right now this would go so much faster with photo shop. Oh well, begger can't be choosers, right?

ObliviousMoon
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Uh, I don't know if it's okay to ask this here, but does anyone know any $30 or less (preferably less) Gokudera wig? I need it for Anime Expo, so I have to order it very soon. Thanks.

Fireheart Storm
06-09-2008, 01:30 AM
So, I figure after Dino, I'll do Bel. Not just any version of Bel...
I'm gunna do a Bloody!Bel, I just reread the Bel vs Gokudera fight and got inspired majorly. :P

kimuhalu
06-09-2008, 01:53 AM
^That's cool. I should rewatch the Varia arc sometime for ideas on something.

I have the urge to cosplay Ryouhei. =\ It's been bugging me for a couple weeks, and I think I might just give in. Then I'll have to pick an outfit.

I could call a Gokudera cosplayer 'tako-head'. :D

Fireheart Storm
06-09-2008, 02:03 AM
lol, I have two difrent friends what wana cosplay as Gokudera, one of them has a tsuna, and the other was my First Goku and we have a Hibari as well. :P It's gunna be epic (really, I just want an excuse to runa round like a manic and laugh funny...shi shi shi)

Now I have to contimplate on how to Do Bel's knives...and I can use fishing line....

Jolteh
06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm thinking about cosplaying Spanner, because he's just too awesome. But scince the canon colors for him aren't out yet i don't know wether to buy an orange or a blue jumpsuit.
I'd probably buy a bunch of flat cherry lolipops and SMASH the top, I don't think foam would taste too good, especially painted foam.

And omg, I want to cosplay bear shirt Mukuro badly. <3
kufufu

Saskafrass
06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Me and my friend are going to do Gokudera and Yamamoto. But we wont be dressed in there normal outfits we wanna go for a kind of punk theme.

Mellolover from deviantart inspired this idea:
http://mellolover.deviantart.com/art/Gokkun-and-Yamamoto-keychains-84131007

Something like that ^^

Gravitationxx--
06-11-2008, 11:41 AM
kufufu
Me too. ;w;

ObliviousMoon
06-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Me and my friend are going to do Gokudera and Yamamoto. But we wont be dressed in there normal outfits we wanna go for a kind of punk theme.

Mellolover from deviantart inspired this idea:
http://mellolover.deviantart.com/art/Gokkun-and-Yamamoto-keychains-84131007

Something like that ^^

I think that'd be pretty cool. I'm planning on cosplaying Gokudera myself, except i'd be in uniform. I can't find his jacket thing from the Vongola Ring arc anywhere though...

seraphik
06-12-2008, 07:06 AM
wow, the thread grew! 8D

quick question; re; dino's ever-frustrating tattoos, i was planning to draw them onto myself with alcohol based marker. anyone know anything that gets it back off easily?

ultimaaa
06-12-2008, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't suggest using marker to do something like a tattoo. Actually, marker on skin is kind of a bad idea in general. ^^; There was a really awesome Dino who used acrylic paint to do his tattoo - it took his friend something like two hours to put it on, but it looked awesome. If you use something like that it should work. Though really, theatrical makeup is probably the best thing you should use, since it's meant to go on skin. :D

Franky_star
06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking about cosplaying Spanner, because he's just too awesome. But scince the canon colors for him aren't out yet i don't know wether to buy an orange or a blue jumpsuit.
I'd probably buy a bunch of flat cherry lolipops and SMASH the top, I don't think foam would taste too good, especially painted foam.

kufufu

If we get orange suits we can always cosplay a memeber of Tsuna's family in the color spread where they're next to the Varia. : 3

But I look awful in orange so I might just go with blue.

I think I'll just get regular flat suckers so I can give them away. : 3 everyone loves candy~

Gravitationxx--
06-12-2008, 04:50 PM
@FrankyStar;
;W; Yes, I do love candy~! It's one of my weaknesses.

- - - -
Yeah, I do wanna cosplay Spanner aswell. Not enough cosplayers in my town anyhow. D : I'm waiting for colours though. Spanner needs loooooove~

crazy_kuroi
06-13-2008, 02:56 AM
thank you so much crazy_kuroi! that's so helpful!

wow. i never even saw the black part on his lower legs as a separate piece, i always thought it was part of the pants o-o;;

that would make the pants easier though. i was just thinking that having a seam right below the knees where the black starts wouldn't exactly look pretty.

but looking at the ref. pic i posted earlier, the way the black falls when it hits his shoes, definitely makes it look like the bottom of pants.
(the ref i'm talking about (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Spiked286/Byakuranref1.jpg) )

so i guess i'm kind of confused as to what kind of separate leg piece people are seeing it as o-O;;

Yeah, it's really confusing. That reference pic, as well as others make it look like part of the pants, but ones like this
http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/145/15/, it looks pretty baggy around where it begins, which suggests a separate piece. (and if you look at this one, http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/146/15/ Tazaru seems to be holding his up with a belt-ish thing. D': it's so inconsistent) There was one shot in the anime where it was so baggy around this point that it really didn't look like it should be staying up DDD: They're pretty inconsistent, but as you pointed out, having a seam right below the knees isn't very pretty (luckily I've only had to do it for one costume, and I got to cover it with trim ^^)

How I did mine was just wrap it around the regular white pants, pin it in the back, then sew that shut, meaning it sort of flared out at the bottom where the pants did. Then I just used black thread to loosely sew it to the pants just below the top so that it could roll out a little.

Aurxlen
06-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Hello fellow Reborn! fans. =) I thought I'd drop by and say hello. For Fanime 2009 my friends and I are going to be cosplaying from Reborn and we're super excited.

I'm going to be cosplaying this version of Gokudera: Click me! (http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/43/03/)

Does anyone recommend a certain wig for him? I did a search in the thread and it didn't give me anything, so I'd appriciate any advice you guys could give me. =) Thanks in advance.

Heimdall
06-13-2008, 04:47 PM
@ Ultimaaa

If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the blue contact you bought for your mukuro cosplay? I'm having the hardest time finding his shade in cosplaylab @_@

benihime
06-13-2008, 08:36 PM
okay i'm getting nervous about dino's tattoo because honestly i'm still NOT sure what to do
am I out of it, but did they sell those at one time?

ultimaaa
06-14-2008, 02:43 AM
@ Ultimaaa

If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the blue contact you bought for your mukuro cosplay? I'm having the hardest time finding his shade in cosplaylab @_@

I've used both the Blue Max and Aqua Max from Coslab. Either works just fine, but the Blue Max is more accurate. :D

Heimdall
06-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Thank you so much for your help!

shinespark
06-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm trying to make Tsuna's dying will flames, and I saw this picture.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1474644/

These flames are epic, but I have no idea what model paper is, nor where to get it. Googling for help just brings up results on paper models. Can anyone help me on this?

MissAwesome
06-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I think they sold Dino's tattoo at one point, because the reference I'm using for it looks like an official item. (found it on the KHR Livejournal Community)

I'm doing Shoichi, so for the pants, I was just thinking that I would attach the black to a very short white pant leg, and then sew a pocket where I could sew in knee pad things. (We haven't seen very many references of his legs, but it looks like he's wearing these knee-pad things similar to the ones he's wearing on his elbows.) It seems pretty simple in theory, although I don't much fancy the idea of having a seam below the knee either, it just seems more accurate to me? Though It wouldn't exactly 'flow' right, I don't think wearing leg-warmer type things would work. It's very inconsistent. Too difficult for us cosplayers to figure out.

benihime
06-16-2008, 07:27 PM
hey ive been working on dino's tattoo
what do you guys think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/freakicons/dinotattoo.jpg

sleepy_hikari
06-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Sixteen days until AX...and I'm running into trouble with Tsuna...the dress shirt. XD I got everything else except for that. I don't know where to get the dress shirt at all. I'm talking about the uniform that he wore during the Ring Arc...XD

ObliviousMoon
06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I need some help. Okay, so I'm going to be Gokudera for AX and I have a group which includes a Tsuna, Reborn, and Dr. Shamal(I think that's everyone). My problem is that the Tsuna in my group is going to do Vongola Ring arc uniform, and I'm not sure which Gokudera to do. It would either be ring arc uniform or the outfit he wore on the battle vs. Belphegor. Any suggestions?

Fireheart Storm
06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
what do you guys think?

D: You're doing so much better then I am! I'm still gunna keep going on it any ways :P

Great job!

benihime
06-16-2008, 09:40 PM
D: You're doing so much better then I am! I'm still gunna keep going on it any ways :P

Great job!

thanks!
i'll put it on here when i'm done with it so other people can use it
now i gotta do the rest O:
and wait for my tattoo paper to come in

Fireheart Storm
06-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Ugh, I know, I'm working on the prancing horse/flames thing right now and just ugh. D: I'm not even to coloring it yet.... Why did Dino have to be so uber? or else I wouldn't bother, just some thing about his demenor makes him so love-ible...

benihime
06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
i agree
i thought about cosplaying lambo at first but then i met dino and i was like hoho, he's it.
XD
i would NOT do them but i have a feeling i'm going to take my jacket off at some point

Fireheart Storm
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Like I've said before, after I do Dino, I'm doing bloody!Bel.
I mean, I get to smear fake blood all over AND laugh really funny....shi shi shi

Oh! I got it, for Dino, he tends to have this dreamy almost apathetic look, but then he's not really like that at all... wait, I dunno now XP he's just Dino I guess. (did you know his favorite food is Pizza? I laughed)

benihime
06-16-2008, 10:11 PM
i'm not that far in the manga :( only on volume...5? yeah i've been kinda lazy and haven'tgot caught up yet :\

MissAwesome
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Ugh, I was so excited to get my fabric for Sho-chan today, and my parents are going on a trip so I can't get it. >>

I haven't figured out what the base should be for his pauldron/shoulder things... Anyone have any ideas?

Fireheart Storm
06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
lol, ya it can be hard some times with KHR's random 'WTF?!' moments, but really, I think you'll like him when you get there, he's crazy <3

And I found out I may be going ot AX on saturday! Yahoo! :D

@ MissAwsome: try cutting the shape out of plastic? I dunno Oo, might wana check out some armour tutorials.

MissAwesome
06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I looked on the Armor board but I haven't seen any tutorials about anything close to that. DX

About Dino, I plan on doing him but am procrastinating (totally) doing the tattoo, and the coat.

Dino's favorite food amuses me, as does Hibari's (hamburgers? XD)

ultimaaa
06-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Ugh, I was so excited to get my fabric for Sho-chan today, and my parents are going on a trip so I can't get it. >>

I haven't figured out what the base should be for his pauldron/shoulder things... Anyone have any ideas?

Back near the beginning of the thread I posted what I used for my Byakuran pauldrons, lemme dig it up...

Hopefully that helps, if you need any more advice (like a diagram in case that didn't make any sense, I kinda suck at explaining stuff) just feel free to ask. ^^

MissAwesome
06-17-2008, 07:25 AM
That's really helpful. I was thinking something like that. XD Thank you!

Franky_star
06-17-2008, 08:36 AM
What have I done to myself? XD Now I'm cosplaying Lambo after spanner.

I'm going to cosplay both 5y and 15y, since if I make the afro a hood, I can wear the 15y outfit and all under the Poofy Hair Of Doom. X 3

*sings cows with guns*

kimuhalu
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
what do you guys think?

Oh.. that is amazing. That's gonna look so awesome in-action. I'd love to see pics when you have it all done and applied. X3

I got my Vongola ring set in the mail the other day. They rock so much, they look sooo cool. Really fine-detailed too. I've been wearing Ryouhei's Sun ring a lot. (btw, I decided to make Ryouhei next.) :D

terasu
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
what do you guys think?

It looks good. I especially like the end flames get darker and darker. Though might want to get a little lighter but it might be my monitor and just tried a test run of the temporary tattoo paper which I'm finding the colors look darker on my skin than the white paper.

Here's a little more about my test run. I got the temporary tattoo paper from Micro Format, Inc (http://www.paper-paper.com/body-art.html). Only tried out Dino's hand tattoo so far because I figured that would get the most wear and tear. Don't do what I did which was leave the printed tattoo paper out overnight. It got some dust on which made the adhesive not stick as well though it was still okay. Here are pictures. Don't mind all the wrinkles/lines on my hand. =P

Pic 1 (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1572860/)- Right after putting on. It's a lot shiner than I expected. Attempted a bit of foundation powder but that didn't seem to help. May try that or another powder again later. Also I was a little worried because the edges were moving around a bit, but they settled down.

Pic 2 (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1572861/) - After wearing it around for 10 hours or so. Still pretty shiny though a little less so and not too worn though I did try to be a little careful since this brand says it can be removed with soap and water.

Pic 3 (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1572862/) - After but making a fist, so that can see all the cracks along the lines of my hand. Probably will try making fist and put tattoo on but I wonder if that'll look funny when the hand is relaxed. Also tried adding powder again but it got into the cracks. =(

Going to do dishes soon, so I'll see how worn it gets. Though getting some water on it was okay.

Edit: Washing dishes totally blurred it out. ><;;; On plus side, it came off very easily. But think will look for non water and soap version of paper.

Franky_star
06-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Yay, I got my coveralls for Spanner. XD Went with "postman blue"

Now watch offical colors come out this week and hear me scream when it's orange. Oh well, I honestly needed coveralls for fiberglassing props.

Just need the wig, new white laces for my boots, a little white paint on the soles of the boots and to slip in some off-white trigger into the sleeves and the one pant leg so when they roll up that shows. *nod*

MissAwesome
06-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Reading this makes me want to work on my Dino costume, but I need to finish Sho-chan before I work on anything else.

Though now I want to cosplay Spanner also, but I'm going to wait until some official colours come out (Which could be never). I would probably do it in blue also. Orange just wouldn't look good on him.

ObliviousMoon
06-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a picture in which I could see all the jewelry Gokudera wears in the Vongola Ring arc school uniform outfit. Thanks in advance!

TseUq
06-25-2008, 04:46 AM
So im planning on cosplaying Belphegor at an upcoming con and was just curious to see if anyone had any ideas on where to find either his green - black or red/purple/mauve (XD) - black striped shirt?

I did some searches online/ebay etc... but mostly just polo shirts popped up DX
Tried hot topic, utility board supply and littleblackcherry.

Also just wanted some input, now that I am searching this... ACTUALLY do we ever see that he has long sleeves? I cant remember him ever taking his coat off?
And color wise, what do you prefer to see, the green or the red from the anime (and its more a mauve color no?)

ultimaaa
06-26-2008, 12:15 AM
So im planning on cosplaying Belphegor at an upcoming con and was just curious to see if anyone had any ideas on where to find either his green - black or red/purple/mauve (XD) - black striped shirt?

I did some searches online/ebay etc... but mostly just polo shirts popped up DX
Tried hot topic, utility board supply and littleblackcherry.

Also just wanted some input, now that I am searching this... ACTUALLY do we ever see that he has long sleeves? I cant remember him ever taking his coat off?
And color wise, what do you prefer to see, the green or the red from the anime (and its more a mauve color no?)

Keeeekekekekekekeke...

In one of the chapters after his battle with Gokudera he has his jacket off because he's lounging around in crutches. And personally, I like green. :D

But a shirt like that... try Hot Topic's online store? They might have it. XD

TseUq
06-26-2008, 01:01 AM
Keeeekekekekekekeke...

In one of the chapters after his battle with Gokudera he has his jacket off because he's lounging around in crutches. And personally, I like green. :D

But a shirt like that... try Hot Topic's online store? They might have it. XD

Ushishishishi XDDD
LOL its been on my mind after I threw my basil wig in front of my face XD

Oh ya *durrr* I forgot about that =_= curses XDDD I was hoping I could fudge my way out of wearing a long sleeve shirt ;__;

Thanks!~~ ^^

ultimaaa
06-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh, so whoever is interested, Spanner's colours are out now (http://community.livejournal.com/hitman_reborn/1557912.html). It is neither blue nor orange. 8D Oh Amano...

MissAwesome
06-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh wow Amano, way to totally screw everyone who has done/did Spanner.

Glad I haven't bought fabric yet.

Just bought the fabric for Shou-chan, though. <3

When I used my shirt for Belphegor, it was from Hot Topic, though it's super old, and the probably don't have it anymore. I prefer the Manga version (green) which is the one I did. I really should get up pictures sometime.

Muted-Vision
06-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey, I have a quick question.
I'm wanting to do Gokudera's future arc outfit and I was wondering where I might find a black, fairly fitted jumpsuit?

benihime
06-26-2008, 11:56 PM
got my dino pics up
all i have to finish are the tattoos

:3

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/117174/

Fireheart Storm
06-27-2008, 02:51 PM
benihime: <3 I want to steal your wig, it looks great! and soft @@ also I love your jacket. :D

Kairi.nin
06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
*-* That's a very nice Dino~ And I love the Enzo. xD <3

Now I have a question.. specifically for Mukuro cosplayers - the contacts. I plan on getting Blue Max from cosplaylab, but I'm still iffy on getting a customized one with the six symbol. [How much would that even -cost-, anyway? And would I have to get two?]

I was thinking of simply getting red contacts, but when I looked at Angelic Red (http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/contactlens.asp?id=291) on cosplaylab, I couldn't find where to even order them with a prescription. x__x

I'm just asking for help, I guess. D:

-Is a contact ordering n00b- v.v;

benihime
06-27-2008, 03:07 PM
thanks!
that fur was insane O:
and i LOVE that wig
i have 3 scuffies. hehehehe

Fireheart Storm
06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I bet that fur wasn't nice @@ and I need to get my wig so bad! I have one scruffy and I love it to death

I still needa get a jacket for Dino, living in the desert doesn't work when trying to get one, not in THE FRIKEN SUMMER ><

ANd my friend got back from Italy the other day, she said she saw a japanese tourist and I said 'Yamamoto?!' XP

Nightengale37
06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh.. that is amazing. That's gonna look so awesome in-action. I'd love to see pics when you have it all done and applied. X3

I got my Vongola ring set in the mail the other day. They rock so much, they look sooo cool. Really fine-detailed too. I've been wearing Ryouhei's Sun ring a lot. (btw, I decided to make Ryouhei next.) :D

How much did your ring set cost?

kimuhalu
06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I got it for $27 on ebay. The seller I bought it from is no longer registered though. I hadn't received it yet when I found out and I was worried I wouldn't get them because of that fact even though I already paid. But, they came in and I'm now happy. :D

Ah, here's the exact one I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Anime-Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn-FULL-Set-of-7-Vongola-Ring_W0QQitemZ310061931415QQihZ021QQcategoryZ1345Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ultimaaa
06-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Now I have a question.. specifically for Mukuro cosplayers - the contacts. I plan on getting Blue Max from cosplaylab, but I'm still iffy on getting a customized one with the six symbol. [How much would that even -cost-, anyway? And would I have to get two?]

I was thinking of simply getting red contacts, but when I looked at Angelic Red (http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/contactlens.asp?id=291) on cosplaylab, I couldn't find where to even order them with a prescription. x__x

I'm just asking for help, I guess. D:

-Is a contact ordering n00b- v.v;

The customized one will set you back a good $125 at least. Since to get it 100% accurate it'd be a blind lens, so you wouldn't have to pay the extra to have it done in a specific prescription (and it doesn't cost extra to get it to your base curve).

And I was looking at getting the Angelic Red myself, but couldn't due to them not coming in prescription. I emailed CosLab about them, they said since they're new they're not sure if prescription ones will be made available yet, it all depends on their supplier + how well they sell.

Kairi.nin
06-28-2008, 09:21 AM
The customized one will set you back a good $125 at least. Since to get it 100% accurate it'd be a blind lens, so you wouldn't have to pay the extra to have it done in a specific prescription (and it doesn't cost extra to get it to your base curve).

And I was looking at getting the Angelic Red myself, but couldn't due to them not coming in prescription. I emailed CosLab about them, they said since they're new they're not sure if prescription ones will be made available yet, it all depends on their supplier + how well they sell.

So when you cosplay Mukuro, you're blind in your right eye? D:

Where did you get your customized lens?

ultimaaa
06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
So when you cosplay Mukuro, you're blind in your right eye? D:

Where did you get your customized lens?

Yuuup. Zero depth perception and having a blind spot on my right side all day ftw. D:

I got mine from 9mmsfx. Excellent website, their contacts are worth the money you pay.

Kairi.nin
06-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Yuuup. Zero depth perception and having a blind spot on my right side all day ftw. D:

I got mine from 9mmsfx. Excellent website, their contacts are worth the money you pay.

D:

I see. Well, thanks for the help.. again. xD;

I think I'll have to wait until the next time I cosplay Mukuro to get the customized lens, though.. kind of running low on money at the moment.. x__x

tehteh
06-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Ah, I have a quick question for those who have cosplayed/will cosplay Mukuro or Chrome. For their Kokuyo uniform, what kind of fabric did you use? I found the perfect color in the Broadcloth section, but it was quite sheer...

Is there anything else? (I'm possible cosplaying Chrome, so maybe a fabric that holds pleats well?)

kaorupandarabu
07-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Does anyone have a recommended wig for Byakuran? Preferably one I don't cut because I'm afraid I might ruin the wig if I take a pair of scissors to it @_@.

And for the ring he wears, is there a tutorial on how to make one, or does anyone know if there is an Ebay seller who sells a ring like his?

Thank you~

onigirix
07-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm doing TYL Tsuna (yeahhhh, boss time!) and I was wondering... has it been officially released that he has long hair in the future? I've seen cosplayers give him long extensions in the back, but I wanna make sure it's accurate to the manga. xD;

Thanks in advance!

hikarilight
07-05-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm doing TYL Tsuna (yeahhhh, boss time!) and I was wondering... has it been officially released that he has long hair in the future? I've seen cosplayers give him long extensions in the back, but I wanna make sure it's accurate to the manga. xD;

Thanks in advance!

Nope, his long hair is not official. I think that idea first started with Korean doujinshi but other than that, nothing solid has been made.

onigirix
07-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Nope, his long hair is not official. I think that idea first started with Korean doujinshi but other than that, nothing solid has been made.

Ahh, thank you! That's good to know.
Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to make my blue orb Vongola gloves. Time to whip out my old gashapon cases!

ultimaaa
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Does anyone have a recommended wig for Byakuran? Preferably one I don't cut because I'm afraid I might ruin the wig if I take a pair of scissors to it @_@.

And for the ring he wears, is there a tutorial on how to make one, or does anyone know if there is an Ebay seller who sells a ring like his?

Thank you~

I bought my Byakuran wig from professionalonly on eBay. I think it was the shoulder-length "Final Fantasy" one, but I don't quite remember. The wig runs a bit small, and is a bit shorter than it looks, but it worked perfectly for Byakuran. You'll have to cut it a tad to make the spikes (I suggest using a razor since they're kind of fluffy). And my ring I made out of craft foam and hot glue. >_>; A method I don't really suggest if you're looking for something that lasts a long time, but if you're in a hurry... 8D

Ah, I have a quick question for those who have cosplayed/will cosplay Mukuro or Chrome. For their Kokuyo uniform, what kind of fabric did you use? I found the perfect color in the Broadcloth section, but it was quite sheer...

Is there anything else? (I'm possible cosplaying Chrome, so maybe a fabric that holds pleats well?)

If you shop at JoAnn, their cotton twill comes in a lovely olive green colour that is wonderful for Kokuyo uniforms. It holds pleats excellently too. So yeah, any sort of cotton twill is great. It's a good weight for school uniforms. :D

Padmik
07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I've decided to cosplay Chrome this year~

and I have a question~ Hopefully, it hasn't been asked yet. -tried reading through all the comments but eyes gave out-

About lady Chrome's trident... I'm not too worried about finding a long pole for the base but the top part is where I know I will get stuck. I've heard people use cardboard on the tiny spikes but what about the top and side points? I have a massive amount of model magic lying around (after postponing my Dark Kairi) so I was thinking about using that. But then I figured that I could also use styrofoam or something.

Any ideas?? Model magic or foam? 8]

Heimdall
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
I've decided to cosplay Chrome this year~

and I have a question~ Hopefully, it hasn't been asked yet. -tried reading through all the comments but eyes gave out-

About lady Chrome's trident... I'm not too worried about finding a long pole for the base but the top part is where I know I will get stuck. I've heard people use cardboard on the tiny spikes but what about the top and side points? I have a massive amount of model magic lying around (after postponing my Dark Kairi) so I was thinking about using that. But then I figured that I could also use styrofoam or something.

Any ideas?? Model magic or foam? 8]

I wouldn't do the spikes with cardboard because it's not so easy to make curves out of...to me mukuro's and chrome's tridents look like spikey petals...I made my spikes with craftfoam and they turned out alright, here is a picture of them...I still need to pain them some more since you can still see the color of the craftfoam XD

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/rebelwhatsername19/Photo158.jpg

As for the giant three spikes, I was thinking about using styrofoam but since I haven't actually attempted to...I can't really recommend anything.

Padmik
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't do the spikes with cardboard because it's not so easy to make curves out of...to me mukuro's and chrome's tridents look like spikey petals...I made my spikes with craftfoam and they turned out alright, here is a picture of them...I still need to pain them some more since you can still see the color of the craftfoam XD

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/rebelwhatsername19/Photo158.jpg

As for the giant three spikes, I was thinking about using styrofoam but since I haven't actually attempted to...I can't really recommend anything.

That looks awesome~ Thanks for the tip! And I think I'll try styrofoam on the large spikes. It seems to be the safest bet right now.

dollssoulkirie
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
I just got into KHR just recently, when my friend (fatalinject) told me she was doing Bianchi. I usually end up looking up some of the series she's watching/reading b/c we have similar tastes. I've fallen in love with it~ And I'll be cosplaying Chrome Dokuro for either AnimeUSA or Nekocon. Also, my boyfriend's going to do Hibari and my brother wants to do Dino or Gokudera. (I'm kinda convincing him to do Gokudera b/c I want the guardians done for Nekocon. lol) Though, I can't really find any decent pictures besides posters.

Anyone know of any sites with good references?

benihime
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
anime-paper.net/gallery/scans

Fireheart Storm
07-12-2008, 12:15 AM
@dollssoulkirie: http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/

@ benihime: I just looked at some of your Dino cosplay photo's, Your Dino is so...so... Mafia-y? Awsome? Dino like? XPP

benihime
07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
hahahaha, that was the look i was going for XD lol thanks i really like those photos

Fireheart Storm
07-12-2008, 12:51 AM
:D http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1608717/

I think this one is my favorite, Shifty Dino is Shifty?

can't wait till after the 24th, then I can finaly order my wig :D (I love birthdays!)

benihime
07-12-2008, 01:02 AM
i love that one too
it shows my tattoos XD btw which i will be posting all of them so other people can use them
its just late and haha i should be in bed

Fireheart Storm
07-13-2008, 12:33 AM
i love that one too
it shows my tattoos XD btw which i will be posting all of them so other people can use them
its just late and haha i should be in bed

That's uber awsome of you! :P I had to start over on mine due to file coruption @@

I know the feeling, we just got back form the beach, and I feel beat (we had pizza though :P Dino's favorite food XP )

Rougette
07-13-2008, 02:54 AM
I just recently got into it, and I love it xDD
I'm planning on doing Reborn sometime this year
But I'm having problems figuring out his shirt color
Is it red or the same orange he wears on his hat?

I think I might be color blind cause I can never tell
>_<

bubblefire
07-13-2008, 05:17 AM
@Rougette: i always though he shirt was an red :/ but from looking at the manga reference it looks orange but then every picture i have see so far is that it keep changing colour, so i don't think it really matters more up to your persona choice i say

one of the reference i looked up: http://www.kefi.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=8

Rougette
07-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Haha, alright thanks. I think I'll just go with orange, so I can make it match the hat. :)
Woah, I'm looking at different pictures and his tie keeps changing from blue to black
>_>

orenjifresh
07-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Will be cos-ing Ryohei for a year end event, and I really apologize if this has been covered before, but are there any online tutorials where I can learn how to wrap the bandages around my wrists and hands in the same way he does?

Or, to the Ryohei cosplayers, how do you guys do it?

Have tried doing it myself a few times and fail bandaging is fail /)_(\

Also, I was thinking of doing his casual clothes version instead of the
usual Namimori uniform version, and well, part of me is afraid it'd be too casual and I wouldn't get recognized though >_>;

this is the one http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5718/a76f49ecvz8.th.png (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a76f49ecvz8.png)

hur hur should i just go ahead anyway?

orenjifresh
07-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Will be cos-ing Ryohei for a year end event and I really apologize if this has been covered, but I'd like to ask if anyone knows whether there are any online tutorials that teach you how to bandage your hands and wrists in the same fashion that he does?

Or, to Ryohei cosplayers, how do you do it?

I-I've tried it myself a few times and fail bandaging is fail /)_(\

Also, well actually I was thinking of doing his casual clothes version (http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5718/a76f49ecvz8.png)instead of his usual Namimori school uniform version. However, I'm afraid that well, it'd be too casual or idk- and I wouldn't be recognized >_>;

hur hur should I just go ahead with it anyway?

Heimdall
07-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Will be cos-ing Ryohei for a year end event and I really apologize if this has been covered, but I'd like to ask if anyone knows whether there are any online tutorials that teach you how to bandage your hands and wrists in the same fashion that he does?

Also, well actually I was thinking of doing his casual clothes version (http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5718/a76f49ecvz8.png)instead of his usual Namimori school uniform version. However, I'm afraid that well, it'd be too casual or idk- and I wouldn't be recognized >_>;

I'd imagine you bandage his hands like normal...you start by securing the start of the bandage by wrapping the beginning tightly...i would say start at the wrist...and when you're done wrapping just insert the end of the bandage inside one of the wrappings you already made. It's hard to explain without pictures @_@

What you can do also is secure the end of the bandage to the palm part with a safety pin since in pictures I'm sure you will have your fists closed so you wouldn't be able to tell...

As for being recognized...well IF people watch Reborn than the silver hair and the nose strip are good enough to be recognizable. Even though the reborn! community is growing, is still hard to get recognize at some cons because reborn is not a SUPER popular anime.

Hello Nozzy
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM
orenjifresh, I believe there are bandages that are made to stick to themselves as you wrap them on. I'm not sure if those come in white, though...

I've actually seen more casual Ryoheis than school uniform ones, and I think that if you stick to the rest of his character design, he's a pretty easily recognizable character to anyone familiar with Reborn!.

Fireheart Storm
07-26-2008, 01:19 AM

http://www.ringside.com/wrapyourhands.aspx

http://tkdtutor.com/11Training/HandWrap/Wrap.htm

A quick google search can help to if you need more info :D

Heimdall
07-27-2008, 04:27 PM
I finally finished my trident...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1634760/
I got to use it on sunday but broke the same day...it was good while it lasted though T_T

facebreak
07-27-2008, 04:43 PM
WHOO. Reborn thread. <3

I'm designing and researching my Ken Joshima cospaly. :3 I may have a friend do Chikusa as well. <3

Having difficulty working with the teeth and scar, though. D: Since I'm cosplaying him in Lion mode, he has the razory teeth, and the best I can come up with are just vampire fangs for the canines. I guess I'll just have to leave the rest of my teeth normal. xx And I'm trying to figure out a way to best apply the scar on his nose.

It's a process.

And for orrenji,
White medical tape. Very sticky, and very cheap. :3 Any local drug store, like CVS or something will have it.

TSP!
07-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Reborn thread~<3
HELLO GUYS AND GALLLSSS! : D

I'll be cosplaying TYL!Ryohei and Squalo sometime soon and I be needing help with the wigs. xD Does anyone have any awesome information/links/recommendations on where I can get such things?

P.S. Thanks for the tutorials on the wrapping~ And suh-weet trident Heimdall! : D

Duh-chan
07-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Reborn! <3 C8

I have a similar question to your's TSP! The wigs I'm looking at are from Cosworx, they seem to be the most realiable source I've seen around here. They may not have the perfect wig for your cosplay, but I'm pretty sure you can alter them to your needs. There's also Amphigory, but I heard that they had slow shipping and their site, in my opinion, seems pretty sketchy.

I cosplayed Hibari once before and I'm planning to do him again at a next con. Eveything about it is pretty much fine with me, except the hair. D8 I love my long hair, so I didn't want to cut it and I was pretty iffy about wigs backe then too. I managed to pull along by layering my hair and shoving the longer ends under the coat, with a clip to hold it together. (friggin'ghetto) It worked for like...ten seconds. ]8 So I'm planning to get a wig, supposidly altering a wisp from cosworx. I'm still not sure though. What do you guys think?

asylum-bound
08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Yay Reborn thread : D

So for Anime North next year I plan on cosplaying TYL!Mukuro, but to make his ponytail, I don't know whether to buy a long wig and cut it short, or buy a short wig and add extensions :/

Oh and also, if we have enough time to make them, me and my friend also plan on cosplaying Mukuro and Tsuna in the Namimori girl's uniform xD just for fun : D

Heimdall
08-04-2008, 12:53 AM
although i have yet to debut my TYL mukuro I bought a long wig and cut the ponytail...

sunbeam482
08-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Posting since I haven't since the first page...=P

I cosplayed Tsuna at Ikasucon a few weeks ago, but unfortunately I did not get his X-Gloves done in time..=\. I've been working on them though, so I'll have them for the next con. Reborn was surprisingly well represented at Ikasucon (we were expecting to run into one, maybe two other people cosplaying it), even though I did get "Sora?" about five times...^^;

...It feels like once you start cosplaying from Reborn, it's hard to stop!! I want to do more of Tsuna's outfits--for the next convention I'm making the orange jumpsuits for my friend and I (Gokudera). In the next year we'll also be doing Hibari and Mukuro and then Byakuran and Shoichi.

Ichibi
08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
...It feels like once you start cosplaying from Reborn, it's hard to stop!! I want to do more of Tsuna's outfits--for the next convention I'm making the orange jumpsuits for my friend and I (Gokudera). In the next year we'll also be doing Hibari and Mukuro and then Byakuran and Shoichi.

Oh gosh tell me about it.

I just completed Gokudera (Varia arc) for Auchi this year and immedietely started Bianchi for a cosplay party im going to.
Also considering 25-year old Lambo for Halloween, or maybe Belphegor....oh gosh there's way too many :D

kurism
08-04-2008, 11:43 AM
rawr. me and my friends are cosplaying as shouichi and byakuran to anime boston '09. its in may. so weve got time. but were dying over how to make the pin and shoulder pads look good. any help?

Chrome_N E M
08-05-2008, 05:08 PM
:D
Yay! im happy i found this thread.

Im probably gonna cosplay as Adult Lambo. (will be first time cosplaying as KHR character) .w.

Quick Question
Does anyone have any good tips for finding or making the jacket and Horns??

Aya_love
08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
wow so many people are cosplaying KHR :D I'm still working on my Gokudera cosplay with my Mukuro and Reborn XD

Oh and for anyone going to Anime LA as KHR come to the gathering!! :D

sunbeam482
08-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I went to Hancock Fabrics today to get materials for the jumpsuits I'm making for my friend and me. But while I was there, I happened to see some blue camo-print fabric, and I just had to buy some for my friend's Mukuro cosplay 8D. I made the shirt, and now we're seriously contemplating moving Hibari and Mukuro up a convention, haha.

kurism, ultima posted earlier in the forums some awesome help for the shoulder pads; if you go back to the first few pages I'm sure you'll find it! As for the pin, my personal idea was that I was going to use sculpey.

fortyfive
08-06-2008, 02:28 AM
I See You TSP!

Anime LA is so close, yet so far away...

TSP!
08-06-2008, 02:42 AM
O_O Stop stalking me and finish your Muko pants! xDD Then maybe we could go and buy the stuffies for Chrome's staff. D: Maybe~

fortyfive
08-06-2008, 02:45 AM
dlsfk;dTWO HOURS ON MEASURING. [WHO HAD THAT MUCH TROUBLE?! BECAUSE MY CHROME AND I SURE DID.] AND WE DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THE CLOTH. TSSSSPPP, COME OVERRRRRR AND HELPPPP.

Ichibi
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
quick Q;

on Bianchi's t-shirt, what does it say?

The only one i've ever been able to make out is "Reborn" with hearts at either side >.>

Awkward Silence
08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Hmmmm... I was hoping I could cosplay as someone from Katekyo Hitman REBORN, I know there's already a thread like this but since this is kind of specific, I'll just put it here. =.= Sorry if it doesn't belong. >__<''

And some notes, I'm fine with crossplay. I'll buy a wig and contacts. Oh and this is probably going to be one of my first ones if not the first one. =3=''

Varnani
08-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Sorry to jump in the thread like this, but does anyone know where I can get clear shots of the Varia patches? :x

Awkward- Maybe Hibari? You should just cosplay who you like, though. ^^;

XxHotaruHimexX
08-16-2008, 02:49 AM
Sorry to jump in the thread like this, but does anyone know where I can get clear shots of the Varia patches? :x

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP30793
I found the patches that Cospa sells.

Winry
08-16-2008, 03:05 AM
So happy there's a thread for Reborn cause I got a question.

My friend wants to go as Reborn and she said I should go as Bianchi, which I got not problem with. Thing is, I don't know which outfit to use for the costume. Which would be the most familiar? The one she first appears in or something else?

Help please? ;_;

Lady Luck
08-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Ahh! A Reborn thread! Good! It needs more love n____n
[no questions, just thought i'd say that]

Satsukina
08-16-2008, 09:54 PM
My friend wants to go as Reborn and she said I should go as Bianchi, which I got not problem with. Thing is, I don't know which outfit to use for the costume. Which would be the most familiar? The one she first appears in or something else?
How about the outfit that she wore in the Kokuyo arc? She spent quite a few episodes/chapters in that outfit, so it could be good too. She wore googles, but maybe you can try Bianchi with a twist: Bianchi with that squirrel or whatever animal mask. XD I thought they were really funny and cute.

--

Aaah yeah. I'll be cosplaying Tsuna and I'm trying to turn my friends into my Vongola family members(heh, how ironic for the juudaime xD). Since I'm bribing them into being part of the cosplay group, I take care of the props and wigs(they can shop for clothes on their own).

I'm in a dilemma for Yamamoto. Should I get him a sword or a bat? I shopped around and here are what I got:

Sword:
-has to be painted
-longer than the bat
-Yamamoto = swordsman
-looks really cool. Easy to pose with.

Bat:
-has to be painted
-shoter than the sword
-Yamamoto = yakyuu baka
-can be used as a telescope (XDD)

:[ Both cost about the same price. Also, the friend has already decided to threaten me with whatever weapon he'll get so... yeah. I really don't know which to choose. TT

For Ryohei, I thought of trimming the New Punk, but I don't know if there's another wig easy to work with. I just have no idea where the Ryohei cosplayers got their really short white/grey wig. Does anyone have another suggestion? (I know this was asked before, but I don't remember seeing an answer o.O)

Ah shiz, I just realized that the school uniform is really blue-ish black or dark navy. I dyed my sweater vest completely black. T_T

TybaltFlux
08-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm contemplating cosplaying Tsuna as well. What wig would you guys recommend for his hair? I've been more used to doing spiky wigs and such, so I'm a little unsure as to where to start with his hair. It's semi-spiky-ish...but...not? Like, more on a fluff-spiked-up-note thing...?

:x;;;

Varnani
08-16-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP30793
I found the patches that Cospa sells.

Oh my God, thank you so much! It's perfect! *A*
(oh, darn, but on backorder...well, I'll try anyway. >_>)

Fireheart Storm
08-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Aaah yeah. I'll be cosplaying Tsuna and I'm trying to turn my friends into my Vongola family members(heh, how ironic for the juudaime xD). Since I'm bribing them into being part of the cosplay group, I take care of the props and wigs(they can shop for clothes on their own).

I'm in a dilemma for Yamamoto. Should I get him a sword or a bat? I shopped around and here are what I got:

Sword:
-has to be painted
-longer than the bat
-Yamamoto = swordsman
-looks really cool. Easy to pose with.

Bat:
-has to be painted
-shoter than the sword
-Yamamoto = yakyuu baka
-can be used as a telescope (XDD)

:[ Both cost about the same price. Also, the friend has already decided to threaten me with whatever weapon he'll get so... yeah. I really don't know which to choose. TT

For Ryohei, I thought of trimming the New Punk, but I don't know if there's another wig easy to work with. I just have no idea where the Ryohei cosplayers got their really short white/grey wig. Does anyone have another suggestion? (I know this was asked before, but I don't remember seeing an answer o.O)

Ah shiz, I just realized that the school uniform is really blue-ish black or dark navy. I dyed my sweater vest completely black. T_T

Tsuna I would say doing some styling to one of the punky wigs (I belive there's a shorter version?) would work farly well.

For Yama I would say get a Basball bat bag (the really skinny ones just for the bat) and put the sword in there if you can? I think it would be kinda neat.

I would say go for a scruffy and trim it VERY slightly. Darn Ryohei, why did you have to have such manly nair? XP But I don't think it should be to much of an issue, but it also depends on how much hair you have to stuff under the wig.

Sweater vests! I love them! (sorry, I wish I could help you,)

Dino whip proto type! still testing how well I can make it uh... whip? I don't think I'll be able to crack it though.

Here's some images (can any one guess what it's made from?)
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z285/kyu_taicho/DSC00837.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z285/kyu_taicho/DSC00839.jpg

kimuhalu
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
I would say go for a scruffy and trim it VERY slightly. Darn Ryohei, why did you have to have such manly nair? XP

That's what I bought for Ryohei, a white Scruffy. I've yet to cut it though because it's so pretty. X3

stafffighter
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Working on my third and fourth Reborn cosplay....(two versions of Gokudera under my belt) and its Marmon and Mukuro. Marmon, I think I have an idea of what I want to do, and Mukuro I have an idea. Just the wig,I understand the theory behind it, just finding a good base one and working on it.

So any ideas on a good base wig for him?

sunbeam482
08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm contemplating cosplaying Tsuna as well. What wig would you guys recommend for his hair? I've been more used to doing spiky wigs and such, so I'm a little unsure as to where to start with his hair. It's semi-spiky-ish...but...not? Like, more on a fluff-spiked-up-note thing...?

:x;;;

I went the more spiky route styling my Tsuna wig merely because I did not know how to achieve the natural spiked look. However, I am extremely happy with the way it came out. I used a Punky in 27 (strawberry blonde) and lots of Got to be Glued hair glue and spray. The only downside is it took me a long time to style, probably about 15 hours or so. Here's how it came out: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120255/

TybaltFlux
08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Ah, looks good! I was thinking of a brown-ish Punky too, and lots of G2B spray.

I feel the same way about his natural spiky-ness. I mean, I can actually picture his hair in real life, because I've seen the hair style, more or less, in real life, but I guess achieving a natural style like that requires real hair, and possibly years of built up hair oil and other things that you just can't replicate in a wig ;p.

I'm gonna try your route though, it looks really great!

Varnani
08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Here's some images (can any one guess what it's made from?)
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z285/kyu_taicho/DSC00837.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z285/kyu_taicho/DSC00839.jpg

...Are those bandannas? It must've been a pain to braid all of them! O_o It looks good, though!

Satsukina
08-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Darn Ryohei, why did you have to have such manly hair? XP
That's because... he's is EXTREMELY manly. EXTREMELY manly men have manly hair. *shot* I don't know if the edward wig (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16363&cat=307&page=1) is good enough. o_O I think I'll try it out.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! The baseball bat bag is a really good idea! If my friend wears that around, he can be the bag boy. xD Yay!

And indeed, the whip looks like it's made with bandanas... and lotsa of glue. o_O

Fireheart Storm
08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
...Are those bandannas? It must've been a pain to braid all of them! O_o It looks good, though!
Nope :D though that's a good guess, it's.....

DUCTTAPE!

That's because... he's is EXTREMELY manly. EXTREMELY manly men have manly hair. *shot* I don't know if the edward wig (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16363&cat=307&page=1) is good enough. o_O I think I'll try it out.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! The baseball bat bag is a really good idea! If my friend wears that around, he can be the bag boy. xD Yay!

And indeed, the whip looks like it's made with bandanas... and lotsa of glue. o_O
Ryohei is a man TO THE EXTREME!!!! (god I love that man)
I'm not so sure abotu that wig, it looks like you have to have man short hair for it to work any ways.
Yama the bag boy? XP

ANd like I said before, it's Ducttape

bubblefire
08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
well i finished my TYL!ryohei and i had a lot of fun in it~ :D SO EXTREME~~ and i got to voice act with kiuchi! :D so that was completetly awesome! :D

i wish people trying to get a ryohei wig good luck! i was extremely lucky with the fact that i can buy them locally and that i found it at the store because none of my friends had see this wig before!

Fireheart Storm
08-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Swirlfire: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1655914/
Ryohei see what you done thar :P Very nice wig, I like it TO THE EXTREME!!

kimuhalu
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
^ I love that picture, swirlfire. XD

Ichibi
08-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Gaaah! Im in the process of Chrome Dokuro - got the wig, got the jacket, Trident is 90% complete, eyepatch on its way.

All i need is the skirt.
And i found THE most perfect skirt in Primark today......but it's an age 8-9 :(