PDA

View Full Version : Skate or DIE! (cosplay with skates, anyone?)

DDR Faery Spice
03-26-2008, 01:27 AM
So I'm definitely bringing my Rapid 99 girl costume from Jet Set Radio Future. I know Air Gear is gonna be pretty big this year, and I've heard tell of a big JGR group, but what about baddies? And is anyone interested in maybe a big photoshoot with all our skate-related costume shenanigans? =]

Some Guy
03-26-2008, 04:04 AM
Oh the rudies are making a come back this year, that is definately for sure. Check the Air Gear thread to find out about it.

NiceGai44
03-26-2008, 07:10 AM
So I'm definitely bringing my Rapid 99 girl costume from Jet Set Radio Future. I know Air Gear is gonna be pretty big this year, and I've heard tell of a big JGR group, but what about baddies? And is anyone interested in maybe a big photoshoot with all our skate-related costume shenanigans? =]

I got awhole Jet Grind Group Ready with skates to tear it up with you. We got Yo Yo, Combo, Garam, Beat, Boogie, Tab, Clutch, NT 3000. Hope to see you there.

DDR Faery Spice
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
That's totally awesome! I'm happy to see more JGR love. So I'm thinking maybe we could do an Air Gear vs. JGR photoshoot at AZ. I know I have a bunch of friends doing cosplay from both series!

NiceGai44
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
That's totally awesome! I'm happy to see more JGR love. So I'm thinking maybe we could do an Air Gear vs. JGR photoshoot at AZ. I know I have a bunch of friends doing cosplay from both series!

Thats what I suggested in the Air Gear thread. I am so down for this. Just need some funky music to dance too. I am going to make my friend do Professor K. Cant wait to see you there DDR

TenkanTamago
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
...I remember hearing the hotel didn't like people wearing skates, though. Because Security-Lady-Sabrina was told she couldn't wear them again. Or am I crazy?

DDR Faery Spice
03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
The hotel doesn't allow skates indoors, but they have no problem with them outdoors. And it would make a lot more sense (and be more fun) to do this sort of shoot outdoors anyway, I think! =]

NiceGai44
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
why would we wear skates inside? It defeats the purpose. I know we all have more respect for the hotel than that. All of us are well aware oif that.

TybaltFlux
03-26-2008, 09:31 PM
why would we wear skates inside? It defeats the purpose. I know we all have more respect for the hotel than that. All of us are well aware oif that.

<33

As we should.

Anyways, I'm over at the AG shoot too, but yeah, the Versus shoot is in the works!? It'd be great to get a Shonen Bat/ Little Slugger, that would just be win.

TenkanTamago
03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
The hotel doesn't allow skates indoors, but they have no problem with them outdoors. And it would make a lot more sense (and be more fun) to do this sort of shoot outdoors anyway, I think! =]

I figured as much, but you know there's always gotta be that one person that wants to get stupid. @_@

Some Guy
03-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Just need some funky music to dance too.

Yo, I said in the air gear thread that Jharel and myself are bringing some music. Don't worry, we got it covered.

Bagu
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm making a noise tank but I can't figure out with series one I'm making..

http://bagu.livejournal.com/152531.html?mode=reply

Kyasaren
03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I got awhole Jet Grind Group Ready with skates to tear it up with you. We got Yo Yo, Combo, Garam, Beat, Boogie, Tab, Clutch, NT 3000. Hope to see you there.

I LOVE Jet set Radio/Grind Radio. One of the best games EVER.
I'll can't wait to see!! <3

NiceGai44
03-31-2008, 08:28 AM
I LOVE Jet set Radio/Grind Radio. One of the best games EVER.
I'll can't wait to see!! <3

Thanks it is going to be epic trust me. You should cosplay from it as well.

I'm making a noise tank but I can't figure out with series one I'm making..

http://bagu.livejournal.com/152531.html?mode=reply

dude I know we all are doing Jet Grind for AZ but I plan on doing future and Grind at Otakon. I think you should do Grind version,

Bagu
03-31-2008, 09:18 AM
But which one is Grind version?

NiceGai44
03-31-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_joyYHPjego

Kyasaren
03-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks it is going to be epic trust me. You should cosplay from it as well.

I would love to... But I would have no idea how to make the skates lol.
I never played Jet Grind Radio, but I've seen the costumes and I like most of them better then Jet Set Radio, which I've played.
Speaking of which, I just recently found the soundtrack for the game and put it on my iPod:rockon:
I will definitely think about cosplaying as one of the characters though.

NiceGai44
03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
I would love to... But I would have no idea how to make the skates lol.
I never played Jet Grind Radio, but I've seen the costumes and I like most of them better then Jet Set Radio, which I've played.
Speaking of which, I just recently found the soundtrack for the game and put it on my iPod:rockon:
I will definitely think about cosplaying as one of the characters though.

Well I am bringing Future Garam so there you go! I think you would make a good Mew! I will have skates but it wont be 100% accurate but just for pics and fun.

Kyasaren
03-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Well I am bringing Future Garam so there you go! I think you would make a good Mew! I will have skates but it wont be 100% accurate but just for pics and fun.

There's a bunch of people I would love to cosplay as. Past Gum, Cube, Ryth, Future Jazz, Rapid 99, love shockers... I think I could pull off Jazz or Cube, they're fairly easy but cute designs.
Mew? Ah Dx I haven't heard of Mew. What's she look like?
-Edit-
Nevermind XD I found out she was Ryth.
I am thinking about Cube or Jazz, though.

Kyasaren
03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Double post

NiceGai44
03-31-2008, 07:31 PM
There's a bunch of people I would love to cosplay as. Past Gum, Cube, Ryth, Future Jazz, Rapid 99, love shockers... I think I could pull off Jazz or Cube, they're fairly easy but cute designs.
Mew? Ah Dx I haven't heard of Mew. What's she look like?
-Edit-
Nevermind XD I found out she was Ryth.
I am thinking about Cube or Jazz, though.

Jazz would be awesome I think you can definitely pull it off. Your scarf would be mad pimp! No one I know has or is doing her yet. Just have to promise me pics. That cosplay doesnt look to hard

DDR Faery Spice
03-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm probably bringing a Rapid 99 girl from JSRF, but if I can't get the money for a wig, it might be back to Air Gear with me. Dx Either way, I'm SO being part of this shoot! Anyone have ideas yet on where/when we want the VS. shoot to be? I was thinking Friday afternoon/evening sometime. I'm in the masquerade Saturday (unless more drama happens--rawr), so it'd be nice for this to not be then.

Kyasaren
03-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Jazz would be awesome I think you can definitely pull it off. Your scarf would be mad pimp! No one I know has or is doing her yet. Just have to promise me pics. That cosplay doesnt look to hard

Yeah, I might just do it since I know a good cheap place to get the wig. I don't have that many cosplays ready for this year, so I can wear her. What time are all of you going as JSRF/JSG?

NiceGai44
03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm probably bringing a Rapid 99 girl from JSRF, but if I can't get the money for a wig, it might be back to Air Gear with me. Dx Either way, I'm SO being part of this shoot! Anyone have ideas yet on where/when we want the VS. shoot to be? I was thinking Friday afternoon/evening sometime. I'm in the masquerade Saturday (unless more drama happens--rawr), so it'd be nice for this to not be then.

Still at least you are apart of the shoot either way

Yeah, I might just do it since I know a good cheap place to get the wig. I don't have that many cosplays ready for this year, so I can wear her. What time are all of you going as JSRF/JSG?

I am pretty much open all weekend Well since it is outside and we will be taking pics I suggest that we do an evening shoot sometime friday if thar is all right guys? Since DDR Feiry Spice created this thread its all on you to make the final call.

Kyasaren
03-31-2008, 08:22 PM
If I do put Jazz together, I'd love to be in the photoshoot. I want to take pictures so bad! Hopefully I will have a good camera
Friday sounds good to me, but you're right. It's DDR Feiry Spice's call =3