PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Costume Con 2008

Eurobeat King
03-26-2008, 02:11 AM
With about a month to go until Costume Con, how's everyone's plans for the con going? Please reply to let others know:

-that you'll be able to attend (for one day or the entire weekend)

-what costume(s) you'll be wearing (if you wish to say)

-how your costume(s) are coming along (if you want to share)

-what event(s) you're looking forward to at the con?

For me, I'm going and will go for the entire weekend or else just Friday-Sunday.

Probably not going to cosplay that weekend and just take pictures of everyone. :)

Events? Since this will be a new con-experience, I'll try to go to different cosplay events and take pictures, and have a lot of fun!

See you all in a month!

Sarcasm-hime
03-26-2008, 02:48 PM
I'll be there for the whole weekend!

Costumes: not sure yet, probably one of my bellydance costumes (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/66377/), a kimono or two, maybe Kendappa (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/14221/), Jasmin (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/38084/), Arwen (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/24763/) or Morpheus (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/14219/), and the costume I'm entering in the Historical Masquerade.

Progress on the above: coming along, still have a lot of work to do. *sigh*

I'm looking forward to the Friday Night Social, even though I have no Victorian underwear, and the bellydance party. And the kimono gathering. And all the panels. And, well, pretty much everything. :)

khenemetset
03-26-2008, 08:41 PM
The whole weekend. It should be a blast especially considering we're coming in early and then leaving the Tuesday after. Hoping to get some time in there for other things.

Costumes: I'm not really entirely sure yet. Duelists of the Roses Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh) for sure because we know I never go to any con without some version of him. Rody from Suikoden III possibly. Might bring the yukata or maybe not. I wish we could bring Pharaoh Tutankhamun and Lord Meren but there's no way the diadem would be able to make it intact I don't think no matter what I do to see that it would. RaDragon and mine's Sci-fi/fantasy masquerade costume which will be the only new costume that will be debuting there.

The only things that aren't done is what we're doing for the masquerade. It's still in progress. It's almost done though.

I'm looking forward to it all.

Buddycat
03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey! You guys didn't say you were going! Cool! There'll be more SLUTs there than we thought.

Unfortunately, I'll be travelling light, given most of my stuff is way to bulky for a flight. It'll be mostly costume-themed clothes that are easily packed. My one competition costume is partially being transported by friends.

EurobeatKing: Looking forward to meeting you. You do good work. I've been amazed by your prolific output and quality of photos.

The whole weekend. It should be a blast especially considering we're coming in early and then leaving the Tuesday after. Hoping to get some time in there for other things.

khenemetset
03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, we'll be there. Just trying to figure out how to transport some stuff. Wigs, masks and other fragile bits. Not sure if I want to ship them to the hotel (?) or what yet.

RaDragon76
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Buddycat- Yes, we're going. I wasn't sure we could at first but it worked out so we decided to go.

EBK: I'll be there all weekend.

Planned Costumes: Duelist of the Roses Mokuba from the Yu-Gi-Oh DotR video game, possibly Sagiri from Suikoden V, contest entry for the Sci/Fantasy Masquerade, possibly a yukata if it fits in with the rest.

Progress: Everything is ready except finishing touches on the contest costume, finishing the shirt for Roses Mokuba and some quick repairs on Sagiri's shoes.

Gravely
03-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Wasn't sure we'd make it for a while, but we'll be there.
Gotsta be there to get everyone up for coming east next year.

Gravely and Grizelda have their underwear all ready(scary)
and Karen is knocking herself out on yet another Allison Kondo Fashion show piece

looking forward to all the new folks, and the huge amount of old farts that seem to be coming, and getting to chat with our punkin girl,
kaijugal

Sarcasm-hime
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM
I am so bummed that I had no time to make anything for the Fashion Folio this year. So many neat designs...*pout*

BoinkCoBoy
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I am so bummed that I had no time to make anything for the Fashion Folio this year. So many neat designs...*pout*

I'm doing one as a doll. The miniature versions can still be paraded down the runway, whether by you, a minion or other stage ninja.

Eurobeat King
04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
3 weeks to go! :)

I might bring my Trowa Barton (Mariemaya-uniform) costume to wear for one day, but not sure yet since i'm not staying at the hotel each night.

Does anyone know what time the con begins on Friday? Just want to have an idea of how early to be there. Thanks!

Efecss
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, I am goingto be there the whole weekend. Showing my cosplay videos I have gotten from Japan

I may even bring my copy of COSPLAY COMPLEX (If I can find it)

I am working on my Dark Arcannine costume for one of the masquerades. And something for the Future Fashion Show, for the League of Evil Guineuses...(I know its not spelled right..)

I am trying to dig out Crow and Servo for our MST-3Kombat costumes, and the Villiage Hidden in the Shadows of the Front Seats of the Theater gang... I may just wind up coming as the MANOSkage...

BoinkCoBoy
04-06-2008, 03:17 PM
3 weeks to go! :)

Does anyone know what time the con begins on Friday? Just want to have an idea of how early to be there. Thanks!

Official con program begins just before noon. We've made space for the annual ICG meeting at 10am on Friday.

If the Dealers are ready early, they may open the room early.

In addition, I believe Marshall is planning one of the tech-junk-shopping tours for Friday morning. Check out the Tours page under Hotel and Travel.

Our current version of the schedule is viewable at https://www.cc26.info/interactive/show_schedule.php

(If you get an error message, it's due to an annoying security setting between the entrance and the interactive portion of the site, designed to prevent bots from scamming our forms. Go to http://www.cc26.info, click on "Program and Exhibits", then the top two items in the left menu will display our list of items and the current state of the schedule.)

Eurobeat King
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Official con program begins just before noon. We've made space for the annual ICG meeting at 10am on Friday.

I'll be there before noon then, if not sooner. Thanks!

edit: less than a week to go! :D

Turns out I'm only going to be there Friday-Sunday, as I have to work on Monday.. should be a fun 3 days, tho! :)

Eurobeat King
04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
4 more days to go! :) I hope I get over this cold I've had for a week now, and getting sunburned by this past weekend's Cherry Blossom Festival Parade didn't help.. :thumbsup:

I decided not to cosplay, but just take pictures of cosplayers for the 3 days that I'm there, so look for me and say hi if I don't spot you first.

See you Friday!

Sarcasm-hime
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
OMG STRESS! *trying to get everything ready*

RaDragon76
04-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Not stressing to much over anything. I did add several costumes to the pile I'm bringing and had to check them over to make sure they were in good shape and do some quick minor repairs to those that needed them but other than that nothing major. I finished my masquerade costume about a week ago and I'm helping Khene finish her's now but it should be finished tonight. It's mostly just trim and a bit of hemming she wants hand sewn. All that's left is the packing and getting to the airport on Thursday morning.

khenemetset
04-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Hope you get over your cold EBK!

No stress here really. Everything is done pretty much now. True to form I was still working on things the week of the con. Can't wait to get to San Jose Thursday and check everything out.

Eurobeat King
04-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Hope you get over your cold EBK!

Thanks! I'll still be under-the-weather this weekend, but I won't let that get me down! ;) I'm ready for this con!

See you all tomorrow!