PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Photoshoot at AX 2003

Eurobeat King
06-16-2003, 03:47 AM
Hey everyone!!

Hope you're all getting ready for AX, with it coming up pretty soon, and good luck finishing up those costumes! I can't wait to see all of them and get pics! :)

Admin and I have talked and discussed about when to have the official cosplay.com photoshoot at AX, and after looking at all the cosplay gatherings (and there are a LOT!!) we decided on a day, time, and place. And it is:

Day: Friday, July 4th
Time: 6:30pm
Place: Outside/ in-front of the Anaheim Convention Center

Since a lot of individual anime/video-game gatherings are happening throughout the day, and the big events like the mini-masquerade and the j-rock masquerade are happening, we wanted to schedule it at a later time, so that those participating and/or watching the events will be able to make it for the cosplay.com gathering so that it doesn't conflict with these groups and events. :)

I've already posted the day/time/place on the AX message board, so please mark this time on your own personal schedule so that you can make it. It's going to be a HUGE gathering, one of the biggest at Anime Expo 2003, so hope to see you there in the gathering and to show your support to the site!

See you all soon! :skidude2:

Kirschwasser
06-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Okay, I'll be there. I'll be dressed as Chii (in her red and white "maid" outfit). Can't wait~! ^__^

MikigamiTokiya
06-16-2003, 09:00 AM
I'll be there. not sure on a costume yet but can;t wait to see you all there ^^

Sana-chan
06-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Excellent! Though... isn't the meet the guest reception at that time? Dunno if a lot of us are going to be busy with that. Hopefully not though cuz I really wanna come XD. Hmmm what to wear...

Tenshi
06-16-2003, 11:59 AM
I'll probably be dressed as BT from .hack//SIGN, although I might be wearing my new Tohru dress. See ya then!

Ayaka
06-16-2003, 12:07 PM
If I happen to make it to karaoke contest semifinals, I can't come.

But that's not very likely so I bet I'll be there. :)

Cait
06-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Darn! I think I'll be dressed as a man that day. Ah, well.

Maryssa
06-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Hmm if it's that late I may not even still be in a costume...but I will try to be there! (if i am not at dinner) Actually, er, I think I am kind of obligated to be there ^^;;;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-16-2003, 01:14 PM
I'll be there as well. Possibly as Roger or Domon. ^_^ count me in then.

katchoo
06-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Whenever I get done with the mini-masq I will come right over. I'll probably just wear the outfit from the masq. ^_^

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 01:33 PM
*checks schdule* Hmmm... Witch Hunter, Last Exile, and Those Who Hunt Elves are all that we'd miss... No problem there! Woot! I'm there.

Rosiel
06-16-2003, 01:37 PM
That's right at the end of the Suikoden meet, so I will be there as Yuber with Katan as Albert.

> Witch Hunter

There is a Witch Hunter gathering? Witch Hunter Robin? I will miss all the sexy Amon cosplayers? Nooooo! ;)

RoseDuelist
06-16-2003, 01:42 PM
No no no... lol! Not a gathering. I'm talking about the actual show is going to be playing in a room at that moment. ^_^; And yes, it's Witch Hunter Robin. (I'm one of those people whose entire day is run by the film schedule.. lol)

L to the 3rd
06-16-2003, 03:22 PM
can we bring fireworks to celebrate? XD

Yui
06-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Er, Friday. Evening. How unexpected. (Sneaky Al ^_-)
Okay, looks like I'll be toting some of the j-rockers over for this and -then- we'll be heading off for our silly photo gathering (which is totally unaffliated with the j-rock events...)

How late does it stay light outside by the way?

DarkGunner
06-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Whoosh I'll be there as one of the many Rikkus!! ~__^

vyrax778
06-16-2003, 05:50 PM
try to make it will most likely be wearing my chise costume.

Yggdrasil Pie
06-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Oh my, on friday...I'm gonna be so busy...XD;;;;

Ahhhahah, oh well, I'll make it...somehow...XD

Hmm...I'll probably be going as Nakoruru Bust.

Nadeshiko
06-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'll be there in my new costume. ^_^v

kelldar
06-16-2003, 08:57 PM
I most likely won't be there, we may or may not be over at disneyland then... depends on if we go thurs or fri ^^;

Eurobeat King
06-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Kell: Awww.. it wouldn't be the same w/o you there if you missed it. Going to D-land on 4th of July? That's when the park will be super-crowded with non-convention peeps, as well as that day being the 2nd biggest day for AX (Saturday is always the busiest) Perhaps you can go to D-land for most of the day, get your hand-stamped, and come back to the con in time for the gathering. ;) You made it to the Katsucon c.com gathering which was huge, so try to see if you can make it to his one, which may be 2X or 3X bigger. :D

Sounds like most of you will be able to make it :) My costume will probably be Ryosuke Takahashi and I will have the FC3S with me for the gathering. :skidude2:

More details on the gathering coming up, as Admin and I are still discussing stuff regarding the photoshoot..

kelldar
06-16-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm gonna try to get them to change it to thursday! lol, I think I am going to tell my parents & ash that our craftsmenship judging is on friday and I don't know when, so we can't go to disneyland that day XD
hehehehe yeah >D

Maryssa
06-17-2003, 12:10 AM
awww but Seramyu day is thursday ;-; and there is so much closed in disneyland

Famira Damaris
06-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Urk...Thursday would've been better...oh well. *blinks* What's the photoshoot like (well, besides the obvious : P). ?_?

kelldar
06-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Maryssa
awww but Seramyu day is thursday ;-; and there is so much closed in disneyland

that was the main thing I was looking forward to on thursday too!! >< argh, dumb disneyland.

eta: Ok I will be there friday, look for me in belldandy, hopefully w/wings ^^ If I can talk Ash out of it I'll be at SeraMyu on thus too :D

petitemusu
06-18-2003, 12:01 PM
YEAH! This will be our first large photoshoot! We can't wait to meet all of you ^_^ We'll be in one of our Jpop costumes. Friday night is so cool for us.

See everyone there!

~Yumi Aiko

LatinVixen
06-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Woot! I will be there just spot a wolf thats me *points at herself with her paw*.

Rey-Rey
06-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Catch me if you can. Ha ha. >=D

Woof. >=D Fireworks. >=D

Alaria
06-19-2003, 03:03 AM
Eep, I hope if I get into Karaoke semi-finals/finals it won't conflict =\ But I hope I can make it! ^__^ depending on the karaoke I'll either be there as Maria from FFII or Celes in opera garb

Kaname
06-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Does it matter if the costume is not handmade, as in store bought? Cause I can't sew one bit, so I bought everything for my first cosplay. ^^; Us lazy-no-sewing-skillz people are welcome too, right? *L*

Kagato
06-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Going to be cosplaying for the first time on Friday. :)

RoseDuelist
06-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Kaname
Does it matter if the costume is not handmade, as in store bought? Cause I can't sew one bit, so I bought everything for my first cosplay. ^^; Us lazy-no-sewing-skillz people are welcome too, right? *L*

Yeah, this isn't masquerade or anything. We aren't being judged on costumes (not formally anyway), so I'm sure you are completly welcome. ^_^ I can't sew too well and my costume is sort sucky, but I'm proud of it. So yeah! See you there.

Moon Prince
06-20-2003, 11:32 PM
ooh... If I get my costume done... I hate dyeing... I will be Fujin at that time..

Thursday is a better day for D-land... but yeah! It's Seramyu day! Which reminds me.. I have to make my tape...

Velvy
06-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Ahh, after the J-rock masquerade it is....umm....I might make it, but I reaally want to see Witch Hunter Robin. Unless Yui totes me off there with the rest. XD

psythe
06-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Unless lightning strikes me down, it is more than likely going to be Franz // Suikoden 3 as I have nothing else planned for that day ^__^

Rosiel
06-21-2003, 11:56 AM
> Unless lightning strikes me down

*ZOT!*

Recca-kun
06-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Franz: Watch out for Yuber using a Thunder Rune. ;)

I'll be Caesar since that was my plan for the day. :)

psythe
06-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> Unless lightning strikes me down

*ZOT!*

*smolders*

Do not defy Madagascar! >_<

Kaname
06-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Well, cool then! I'll be there as either Sasuke from Naruto or Eiji Kikumaru from Prince of Tennis (I'm pretty sure it'll be Sasuke though, since I scheduled the PoT gathering on Thursday).

Hope to meet all you wonderful people...(although I may not talk or do anything at all since I am really shy around lots of people, lol)

CinsAngel
06-21-2003, 07:03 PM
*L* Oh man..This is goin to be my FIRST anime con and my first cosplaying at a con...So any one willnig to point me in the right direction will be good. Chances are I'll be not participating in anything but jsut watching and socializing and stuff.
I might be dressed as The Paper for the cosplay.com shoot. Not sure yet. Depends on what i actually can get done by con weekend. *L*

Cins

Velvy
06-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Is it a gathering of WHR cosplayers or are you just talking about the anime being shown?

The anime, I've been wanting to see it for a long time. But if they're selling it in the dealer's room, I probably will just buy it instead of seeing it. There's a cosplay gathering too--that I'd like to attend as well, but unfortuneatley I don't know when that takes place. ^_^;

Shadra D
06-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Yuchan, I'll be walking around as Luc allllll day Friday, trust me ~_~

And as Sakaki all day Thursday, at this rate o_O Or I'll be Sakaki in a dress if I go to the dance *DIES* No, nevermind, I didn't say that. Ahem.

RoseDuelist
06-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Rosiel, it's the show I'm talking about. I don't know when the shoot is, but I am refering the it being shown in a screening room.

DHB
06-23-2003, 03:25 AM
I'll be there, I hope...

Kagato
06-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Only thing I've got planned for Friday besides showing off my Kagato costume is the AMV contest. Just hope I don't overheat with that durn cloak. It was fine for Halloween, but July? ^_^

kelldar
06-24-2003, 06:03 PM
anybody else going to be around wed evening? just curious ^^

pLaGa
06-24-2003, 07:25 PM
I will be around, I have to take care of somethings on wednesday ^^

Sana-chan
06-24-2003, 08:15 PM
I'll be there Wednesday evening too ^_^

for cosplay.com photoshoot I'm gonna wear my remade old summoner Yuna costume XD

RoseDuelist
06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
I live in the area so I'd be up for doing something Wednesday evening if something is planned..

Michi
06-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Isn't that just around when the KOF shoot is? Looks like I'll be Yuri for the Cosplay.com shoot. ^_^;

Kusanagi
06-25-2003, 07:03 PM
I'll be there as Chibodee. That gives me just enough time to get a photo taken then run back to the room to change into my kurama outfit.

RoseDuelist
06-25-2003, 07:46 PM
I don't know what I'll be.... probably Dita... unfortunatly the other chobits character I was going to go with cancelled... so I'm an incomplete set, but hey, whatever...

jen_kat
06-25-2003, 08:52 PM
I'll be there probably as Antisora.... or just a Sora-costume-looking person in black. -_-;; Afterall, the KH gathering is the only thing I have on Friday, I think.

Wandering Otaku
06-26-2003, 01:34 AM
I had fun at the Fanime gathering. It was crazy seeing all those people! I definately am going to come to this one at Expo! See you all there. I will either be Inu-Yasha or Citan from Xenogears. I am not sure. *wave*

kyuuketsuki
06-28-2003, 03:45 AM
i'll be there...^^ unless of course the lack of sleep strikes me dead...no clue what i'll be wearing....hopefully clothes...i throw something together for the shoot ^^