PDA

View Full Version : Comiket 74: August 15, 16, 17 2008

Killmesarah
04-01-2008, 02:43 AM
It looks like the dates for Comiket were finally announced. I think its the same weekend every year....
Anyways, I am planning on going, since I dragged my Sailor Moon costume all the way to Japan- MUST cosplay!

I've attended Comiket 70, but I can't for the life of me remember if I attended on Sat or Sun.
So my question is: WHO is going, and WHICH day is better- Sat or Sun?

I have to request off work, maybe 1-2 weeks in advance, so I need to plan ahead. I'd like to meet up with some other cosplayers as well.

<3

YUKI-SNOW
04-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi!!

★Comiket Category
DAY1(fri)Girls&Boys Manga(Jump etc)/entertainments
DAY2(sat)Games(FF etc)/Anime(Sailor Moon etc)
DAY3(sun)Manga,Anime,Game for Men

I think that you should go to the Comiket on Sat!!

qcobb
04-02-2008, 08:15 PM
That's awsome, my sister and I will be in Tokyo during the con. Just wondering are cons in Japan like cons in Canada/USA? Is there anything specific we should be aware of? We were debatting wether we were going to cosplay or not...

mixaka
04-04-2008, 05:32 AM
I'll be there, most likely on all three days, but for sure on Saturday.

Killmesarah
04-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Hi!!

★Comiket Category
DAY1(fri)Girls&Boys Manga(Jump etc)/entertainments
DAY2(sat)Games(FF etc)/Anime(Sailor Moon etc)
DAY3(sun)Manga,Anime,Game for Men

I think that you should go to the Comiket on Sat!!

Sat it is! I'm so excited this year- I finally have a costume that people will recognize! Hope to see you there ^^

CPOK
05-06-2008, 04:49 AM
I will be there all three days as well.

JujiKabane
05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
That's awsome, my sister and I will be in Tokyo during the con. Just wondering are cons in Japan like cons in Canada/USA? Is there anything specific we should be aware of? We were debatting wether we were going to cosplay or not...

Japanese Cons are quite different from the ones in Canada and the US. At Comiket thereís a lot more people, and a lot more rules to fallow. As far as Cosplay goes thereís a few things to keep in mind. If your gonna Cosplay there, you have to know that there are changing rooms inside the con that you must use to change in (using the washroom to change in is forbidden). You Also must use them before you leave the con.
To get to the Con you have to use public transportation because there is no room to park anything there. When taking picture always ask for permission, and donít take them outside of the Cosplay Square.

To get more information about the Con just click on this link:
http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/TAFO/C73TAFO/cmkfor.html

(qcobb are you going with your sister to Japan with the kids for Kaga program? Iím just curious because thatís the program Iím getting involved in to go there.)

neoPootling
05-20-2008, 03:50 AM
heyo~

i'm going with a few co-workers for day 2 and 3
and i'll be going as mao from shining tears x wind

=D

Tsumanne
05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
If you can only make it on one day. Go on Saturday. Friday usualy has limited cosplay space for half the day and Sunday is a short day.

For those who are going for the first time:

Cons are very different in Japan. Comiket has a no prop rule. And as mentioned in an earlyer post you must change into your costume at the con's dressing room. You cannot come to the event already in costume. The dressing room charges like ¥600 if I remember right. Without the cosplay book they give you when you pay you can't get into the main cosplay area in costume. Pictures can only be taken in specified cosplay areas.

It's alot of fun though. I enjoy comiket alot. But make sure you drink lots of water. It's going to be hot and you can dehydrate if you're not careful. Sunblock is a good idea as well.

Friday: World War 2 German Military Police Sergeant
Saturday: Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi
Sunday: Yamazaki Hiromi from Mobile Police Patlabor

Yukke
07-05-2008, 09:15 AM
I wanted to go so badly! I have photoshoots and another convention to attend! Damn you Comiket <3

Don Marmoto
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
yeah! Comiket, here we go again!!!

after we attend the WCS 08 at nagoya we will sepnmd some days at osaka then move to move to tokyo for Comiket, not sure but most likely we will attend the 3 days, Im not usuing cosplay, just taking photos, but my girl and Mexico team for WCS will be there as well

hope to see cosplay.com menbers there :)

neoPootling
07-26-2008, 06:31 AM
jumped aboard macross frontier cosplay XD

brother is gonna be alto
roomie is gonna be mihaeru
imma be luca

=D

PrincessAyumi
07-27-2008, 05:15 AM
I'll going at comiket too XP
The friday I'll support the group of my boyfriends!
The saturday I'll cosplay Konata version Suzumiya Haruhi from Lucky Star xD
Finally, the sunday I have a couple with my friend MeguMegu88: we'll cosplays Miku Hatsune and Rin kagamine from Vocaloid's editor game **