PDA

View Full Version : Country!

makonurikoryoko
06-17-2003, 01:14 AM
I know many people that think country sucks, but I beg to differ! ^_^ Theres alot of great country music out there.. esp JoDee Mesina, Caroline Dawn Johnson, Dixie chicks, Tim Mcgraw, Brooks and dun, etc etc lol
Just wante dto know who loves country too! XD YE haaa!

Raine
06-17-2003, 01:17 AM
The only country singer I've really listened to is Martina McBride, and I have to say, she's really good. ^__^

makonurikoryoko
06-17-2003, 01:20 AM
^ oo yeah she totally is!!!!! XD ::goes off to listen to some of her songs::

Kia
06-17-2003, 02:27 PM
I was raised on country music by my dad for a good 4 or 5 years. A lot of people put down counrty, but since then I've always appreciated it. I don't listen to it much now, but I can sing along to just about any mid-90's country song. ^_^

JacksUsername
06-17-2003, 03:59 PM
my best friend is ridiculously into country, so it was only a matter of time before some of it rubbed off on me. I like Garth Brooks and Tim McGraw quite a bit, and some songs I don't know who did or their names, just heard them.
There's a lot of really good emotional songs in country music...and a lot get stuck in your head.

Arisa
06-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Most of the country I've listened to is awesome. ^_^ **loves country** I think a lot of people say they don't like it without listening to it because it's "lame" or whatever.

Kia
06-22-2003, 05:08 PM
I argee! Most people just put down country music b/c of reputation and without ever checking it out themselves. ^_^

Lovelyangel_81
06-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Country music *hisses* ^^

Actually, There are a few country singers like Shania Twain, Leann Rimes, Faith Hill, and the Dixie Chicks.

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
06-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Shania Twain rocks!

JustinCredible
06-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Indeed!
I love Shania, outside of her recent record :shudders:. Dixie Chicks are the only ones I have seen live, they had a short set, but were excellent!

KaineMaxwell
06-24-2003, 02:53 PM
*Glomps Mako*

I love country also! Ever hear the song "Austin"?

Kia
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey, I like her new record! :p

makonurikoryoko
06-26-2003, 12:34 PM
lol I havent listened to the new Shania twain after a chance spotting of her first video from the new cd.. I was like o.O huh? lol and I decided to pass on it hehe

;_; Its so smelly I really wanted to see the Dixie Chicks live but couldnt because of many different circumstances ::sniffles:: Lucky Justin! They are so good!!

KaineMaxwell
06-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Mako, listen to the song "Austin" by Blake Shelton.

Xanatos
07-08-2003, 01:27 AM
I LOVE COUNTRY !!!!! Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Alabama, Garth Brooks..... HONKY TONK !!!! I am country, I AM A TEXAN !!!!!!

KANEDA
07-08-2003, 06:35 AM
ALL THAT STUFF IS A BASTARDIZED COMMERCIAL POP VERSION OF COUNTRY.

the true stuff that died generations ago wasn't too different from the roots of blues. just simple people making music for themselves.

...no jeans, goofy cowboy hats, big ugly belt buckles, or songs about pick-up trucks.

Kia
07-10-2003, 09:43 AM
But that doesn't mean people can't like it anyway ^_^

Neko_Kaolla
07-22-2003, 03:02 PM
I love Country music. It is one of my favorites.

Hikaruchan
07-22-2003, 03:22 PM
I am okay with some of the pop-ish country stuff, or stuff from Johnny Cash, Donnie Parton, etc. But other stuff like Conway Twitty, argh. I had to suffer through dulcimer and clogging festivals as a kid, so really not a fan of the real 'twangy' country.

bANgZ
07-25-2003, 07:19 PM
i was forced to listen to country! its not really me but there's a few songs i like, mainly ballad type like lonestar or tim mcgraw. i cant stand a lot of the upbeat stuff like achy breaky heart

supesu otoko
07-25-2003, 11:19 PM
patsy montana, patsy cline, hank williams sr., johnny cash, tammy wynnette <<333

:love:

kof20012
12-02-2005, 02:37 PM
im not much in the coutry music(i prefer punk music) but i like some musics that appear in a serie called "walker texas ranger", most of it the theme loved it. I dont know the names because im not from america, im from portugal(manny dont know but its a country in europe, near spain) and we dont have that type of music

kabuki_KILLER
12-05-2005, 07:34 PM
I like some country songs. The ones that are well sung. Not too hillbilly, not too overenthusiastic. I liked some Shania Twain and I agree that Martina McBride is nice. Don't know too much about the genre, I guess. :thumbsup:

jinnai
12-06-2005, 01:16 AM
I guess for me it would be Uncle Cracker..."Follow Me" sounds very Country-like.

hibekisensai
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I can't say I like country Music, but I do respect it....I have a close friend of mine who is a major Blugrass Music Producer, so from the business aspect and songwriting aspect I give Country and related Music props...

I have to admit, in some ways I enjoyed Nashville Star more than Idol last season...

aku
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
To be honest, the only country stuff I've ever liked was by Johnny Cash. I can't relate to their sounds or the artists.

If you ask me, country is the same as rock and hiphop and whatever. You have your feel-good songs, then you have the ones about drugs, sex, racism(sometimes) and angstiness about the hardships in life they've endured.

Michi
12-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Wow, this thread confused me for a second since it started in 2003 and suddenly got revived.

I like a little bit of pop country... like Faith Hill. I think that's it though. XD

Cat-Chans
12-20-2005, 03:54 AM
The only country I listen to is Johnny Cash
He was great
The rest of it I really don't like. I've never made much of an effort to like it.

agent47
12-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Big and Rich, and of course Shooter. its kinda shocking, i'm the resident uber gothy (according to most people around here) kid who loves that weird japanese stuff and heavy music. but i listen to alot of country. go figure right?

Leishu
12-31-2005, 06:51 AM
I like exactly three 'Country' artists. I guess these three make me kinda the average country connisuer.

1: Johnny Cash. No explanation needed.

2: Brad Paisley: Whiskey Lullaby was heartrending. Celebrity is hilarious.

3: Allison Krauss: Whiskey Lullaby (again) and the entire soundtrack of O Brother. :3

robfalcon
12-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Unfortunently, Country music is one genre i just cannot stand (50,s Rock n Roll is the other).. American or Irish style. Any country song i,ve liked, i could sum up on just one hand.

1) Hootie and the blowfish - Hold my hand
2) Metallica - Mama Said
3) Any cover Johnny Cash has done

And thats it!!!!!.

I do however though very much like Folk/Root . Especially Celtic or Scandanavian.

Jacques Strapp
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
ALL THAT STUFF IS A BASTARDIZED COMMERCIAL POP VERSION OF COUNTRY.

the true stuff that died generations ago wasn't too different from the roots of blues. just simple people making music for themselves.

...no jeans, goofy cowboy hats, big ugly belt buckles, or songs about pick-up trucks.
Hey man, don't knock the cowboy hats. They're awesome in the summer when I'm out on the tractor. It's like an umbrella on my head!