PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay plans for '09

Arissa-chan
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM
What are you guys and gals planning on cosplaying as for Sakura-Con 2009?
I will be doing Schoolgirl Bloodrayne, my boyfriend will be Neo, lobby shoot-up attire if he can find it.

DarkLinkReborn
04-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm going as Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2 for sure. ^^ I'm going to make my own costume, not buy it, so it will probably take that long... Oo'' As for the others, I'm not sure. I might go as Dark Link again, since that was such a big hit this year. ^^

Justke
04-02-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm thinking these ones, possibly....

-Haku (Spirited Away)
-Hyuuga Hinata (Naruto Shippuuden)
-Halloween/Christmastown-themed Roxas

:) these are most-likelies, but I might pull out another cosplay if something catches my eye, hahaha.

Winterlaurel
04-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Maybe: Azula, Kino, or Twilight Suzuka.

Lukas Sanvien
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Urahara Kisuke, Captain Uniform. I may whip out the Karakura version too, if the mood strikes me.

That's the only real one right now.

TsukikoAiko
04-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Not sure yet...I'll post later after talking more with the group.

Rose of Malice
04-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I was thinking of 2009 cosplays during the convention this year. xD So far I've decided that I'm doing a couple of Gaia Online concept cosplays and a Gaia Online NPC; my other ideas (Boogiepop from Boogiepop Phantom and Jareth from Labyrinth) are just ideas right now, but I'm hoping I could pull them off.

edit: This is what my planned list specifically for Sakura Con next year looks like:
`Kiki - Gaia Online
`DJ Helsing fangirl - Gaia Online
`The Joker - Batman
`Shaun - Shaun of the Dead

I may add more to it from my general "costumes to make" list, but I haven't decided yet.

~LOU~
04-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Halloween town Riku, (my friend that I'm going with will be Halloween town Sora)

Temari (friend will be Gaara)

We wanted to have a costume for each of the days. The third day, we weren't quite sure. We decided that we should be both girls that day so we'd get a break from crossplaying (with the binding and the not breathing.....XD)
Any ideas for the third day? We can't think of a pair of girls that we like.

Freya_desu
04-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Matsumoto as always X3; That's all I have planned for now. Three days is really too short!

Trumby
04-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I probably won't have anything new other than the ones I'm adding for Fanime/Kumoricon already.

Snowtrooper
Kurosaki Isshin *spoiler for dub people version*
Possibly a third new one I haven't decided on yet.

myalchod
04-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Definites:
Ryuushi Risai from Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms: got the ghetto version of her formals from the anime done for AX, polishing it for Kumoricon, will either wear that or the spoilery version from the Tasogare no Kishi cover that will ensure I go unrecognised. :3 Assuming, of course, I have the time and energy to get that one done. If all goes well, I'll have a Youko, a Keiki, a Kyouki, and possibly a Sairin as well. (I'm hoping for other JK cosplayers, but not counting on it.)

Probables:
Miranda Lotto from D.Gray-man: I promised I'd get her done for Kumoricon, and the family still does D.Gray as best I know. Wanted to get Komui done, but that's probably not happening. Pre-exorcist version, because YAY DRESS. (My feet are going to hate me by the end of con.)
Unohana Retsu from Bleach: It sounds like there are people who'd like me to bring Bleach cos out for Sakuracon, and while I've done Nanao the past two years, I've been wearing Unohana more outside of there. This'll depend mostly on other people -- she's basically done aside from reworks.

Hopefully:
Kaya Syokka/Gypsy Queen from Trinity Blood: my long-term project. :3 I'm aiming to get her completely done for AX'09, which means I might have a wearable version of her for Sakuracon. Since there are folks I know who'll be doing Toribla, it'd be nice to have. Depends mostly on what I accomplish and how hellish my luggage looks.

Remotely Possible:
Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist: the baby sister's doing Olivia, and wants to get a Hagaren group. I said I'd do Izumi because it amuses me, but if my little sister can't come up, I doubt I will. She said she'd be my Ed, and it'd be less fun without her. :\ Fanime, perhaps.
Nue from Air Gear: because I want to get it done someday, but I can't start until after I've moved, and I expect he'll lose out to Juuni Kokki and Toribla.
Komui Li from D.Gray-man: in case I go insane and decide I want to work on him instead after all. Probably not, though.

The other costumes I have planned for 2009 go with my sister, and since I doubt she's doing Sakuracon (though I hold out some hope), probably won't happen here.

keropan
04-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Will definitely try to make Rabi from D.Gray-Man for 2009. T3T
I actually want to try to make Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujo for Anime Evolution (if I'm going) so I will probably wear that too.

And maybe the obligatory Naruto costume. :BBB It's not even a year away yet, so plans will most likely change by April 10th. XD

anjeru
04-03-2008, 04:21 AM
My plans are kind of in a "mere-thought" process.

My group of friends and I want to do a Super Smash Brothers Brawl cosplay. In that case, I'm snatching either Sheik or Princess Zelda.

I also want to do a costume from Jet Set Radio Future, maybe Gum-Chan. (My brother was Beat this year x3)

I always do L, so there is that, too.

Hmm...that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm still doing my potential research.

Lukas Sanvien
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I probably won't have anything new other than the ones I'm adding for Fanime/Kumoricon already.

Snowtrooper
Kurosaki Isshin *spoiler for dub people version*
Possibly a third new one I haven't decided on yet.

If it's the Isshin i'm thinking of, we DEFINITELY need to get together.

And really, man, do Greed again. You rock hardcore when you do.

Amidoji
04-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm seriously considering Smash Bros: Brawl Princess Peach.

Other cosplay I should have done and with me include:
Wheelchair Advent CHildren Rufus
Ichimaru Gin (Captain, Hueco Mundo, and Arrancar)

And possibly more depending on how many days I'll be at Sakura next year.

Ichigo=15
04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm hoping to complete Captain Falcon from Super Smash Bros. and Ryouga from Ranma 1/2 for Sakura Con '09

dogbrainv
04-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I am going to go as Freddie from Cromartie High, hopefully I can talk my friends into coming as other students

Winterlaurel
04-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I am going to go as Freddie from Cromartie High, hopefully I can talk my friends into coming as other students

Haha, awesome! XD Cromartie needs more love.

I'm keeping Kyuzo, I put alot of work into it and I'll only have time to make one cosplay this year. I've decided on Caska, in her ball gown. :D

SvK
04-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Schoolgirl BloodRayne
DO IT! I didn't read the rest of the thread because I had to post this immediately. DO IT!

Arissa-chan
04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
DO IT! I didn't read the rest of the thread because I had to post this immediately. DO IT!
I guess it's decided. Schoolgirl BloodRayne it is. :bigtu:

KarinNyaa
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm thinking about Mamimi Samejima from Furi Kuri. I'm also thinking Suiseiseki, but that's probably way expensive. Mamimi on a more probable than not basis.

Trumby
04-04-2008, 11:14 PM
If it's the Isshin i'm thinking of, we DEFINITELY need to get together.

And really, man, do Greed again. You rock hardcore when you do.

Hah, it probably is, especially since I see you're doing the Captain version of Urahara. ^-^

And thanks! I'm not sure if I'll bring Greed back..but we shall see ^-^

lja136
04-05-2008, 01:56 AM
I'll be going to Sakura-con as Katara one day and Yue (as a spirit) the next.

I have one question though: has anyone here seen a spirit Yue cosplayer? I've seen Yue cosplyers in her coat and dress; but no spirit outfit.

SvK
04-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Trumby, I agree with Lukas. You're a great Greed. If the Snowtrooper you're making is the one from The Empire Strikes Back, I approve of that as well.

Ginpatsu
04-06-2008, 11:27 AM
This is just a thought right now but anyone else thinking about cosplaying from Final Fantasy Tactics? Me.. possibly Ramza.

Other than that:
-Kakashi again
-Ichimaru Gin or Byakuya

TsukikoAiko
04-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Well it's a year late since we couldn't pull it together with the others, but The Guilty Brigade will be doing Cassandra, Siegfried, and Sophitia from Soul Calibur 2/3. (unles people switch numbers on me : p)
Jin, Mugen, and Fuu from Samurai Champloo and of course.....
What would life be like without Bridget, Zappa and S-ko from Guilty Gear XX?

saimon
04-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm already deviously planning my cosplays....and a skit.
Once I get a good script for the skit written out I shall begin recruiting people.
And no one gets to know what the skit is because I'm paranoid that someone might steal the idea.
-sweatdrop-

As for my 2009 cosplays I am planning on Allen Walker's Crown Clown outfit from episode 70 of D.Gray-Man ((if anyone is going as Tyki please tell me..I want my own personal Tyki xD)).
I am also planning to do Subaru Sumeragi's boxer outfit from a Tokyo Babylon artbook scan I found.
-excitement-

Trumby
04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Trumby, I agree with Lukas. You're a great Greed. If the Snowtrooper you're making is the one from The Empire Strikes Back, I approve of that as well.

Heh thanks ^-^ And yes, that is indeed the Snowtrooper I am doing.

ultimaaa
04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Haven't quite decided yet, but I know I'm definitely doing plugsuit!Kaworu from Evangelion next year since we had to put it off this year. I'm also considering doing Fayt from Star Ocean 3, but his 2p colour swap instead of his regular outfit. And... I think me and my friends are planning some sort of epic group, buuut we haven't decided what said group should be yet. XD

Kumi-chan
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
...and Ryouga from Ranma 1/2 for Sakura Con '09

Dude. I love you.

Akari Unryu from Ranma 1/2 (with a ride-able Katsunishiki if possible), Juliet!Akane for the masquerade, and some other Rumiko Takahashi character; depends on what I have by then, I'm working on several this summer.

Just putting this out there now: I'll be recruiting Ranma 1/2 characters throughout the year. I want a photoshoot for '09, dangit, it's about time we got it together!

Other than Takahashi characters, Hitomi from Escaflowne and Ran from Detective Conan. Possibly Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke if there's a Ghibli photoshoot.

CeilingMan
04-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I was thinking of going there. But I would probably bump into so many people while wearing my Tobi mask. D:

Plus I hate Yaoi. *Holds up flame shield*

Threshie
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Rayne's Blades - 5%. Researching possible materials. (Please help me with this! I really have no clue what to do!)

I've never made something like this, but this site ought to be a great resource: http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

Despite the title, it's about prop-making, too, and covers what tools and materials to use, how to make a full-size pattern, and what painting techniques to use to get a realistically metal-looking blade. Also, it is for people who DO NOT want to use fiberglass. =) Be sure to check out the links page--lots of useful info in there.

Here's a tutorial on how somebody made a gigantic sword prop out of foam (good for examining their technique) : http://www.thetworivers.com/avatrix/sword/sword.htm

Anyway, hope this helps you out. Just reading these pages make ME want to make some big complex armor now.... ^^;

~Threshie <3

Arissa-chan
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I've never made something like this, but this site ought to be a great resource: http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

Despite the title, it's about prop-making, too, and covers what tools and materials to use, how to make a full-size pattern, and what painting techniques to use to get a realistically metal-looking blade. Also, it is for people who DO NOT want to use fiberglass. =) Be sure to check out the links page--lots of useful info in there.

Here's a tutorial on how somebody made a gigantic sword prop out of foam (good for examining their technique) : http://www.thetworivers.com/avatrix/sword/sword.htm

Anyway, hope this helps you out. Just reading these pages make ME want to make some big complex armor now.... ^^;

~Threshie <3
Thank you so much! *hug* :toothy:

Also, on another note since I don't want to do a back-to-back post, I was wondering if anyone would want to cosplay as other Bloodrayne characters with me (you know, Mynce, Severin, what have you), maybe throw together a photoshoot at the con if I can figure out how/who to go to.

Blackwolf008
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm going to do Hitsugaya Toushiro (even though so far I know nothing of him except that he's the closest character to Hiei) and Hiei Jaganshi. (I get to wear 2 very spikey wigs!! XD )

Lady Shinsei
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I am planning on doing something awesome next year - a decent attempt at Gothic Lolita. At least I'm glad that I won't be alone in this effort, since I'll be getting some assistance from my bud Kristen, who is excited at the chance to wear her own GL outfit again (and hers is scary; has blood everywhere and the front is made to look like her heart was ripped out).

Also, I fully intend to come next year as Kankuro as I'd planned to do for the 2nd day of the con this year (but that plan went horribly wrong amid some awful drama crap that happened over its completion).

OH, and I'm planning a fun costume to wear the night before the con..... "Pajama Naruto" (complete with his trademark black hat, & some yellow felt pieces attached to a wig cap to simulate Naruto's hair).

As for a 4th costume, I'm hoping to come as an actual canon character from Yu-Gi-Oh (as opposed to my roleplay girl, Katherine Leblanc). If anyone has any ideas of what is a good one for a short overweight gal to do, then PM me on the matter.

dark_master34
04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I will most likely be returning as the White Ranger (Had to much fun with that costume :D) and I might be doing evil Riku from Kingdom Hearts (I should be able to. I'm starting work on it now.)

I won't be returning to the con as Bakura. I'm sorry but I've decided to give him a rest for a year. Maybe I will change my mind when the time draws near. We will see.

halo11701
04-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm going as Kakuzu for sure. He's my favorite Akatsuki! $$$

Huntress
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Well I'm not completely certain yet, but some of the future cosplays I am working on...

Twilight Suzuka - Outlaw Star
Father Tres/ Gunslinger - Trinity Blood
Lamiroir - Apollo Justice: AA

I haven't fully decided yet

garfieldelric
04-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Me, I got L, Naruto Uzumaki, and maybe Ichigo.

Jeez, all I've cosplayed thus far as Shonen Jump chars! What's up with that?

narutofan195
04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
roxas, alicia (no. 1) from Claymore in awakened form

Ice-Rain
04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I plan to be Marth from Fire Emblem. He is in smash bros brawl and melee also.

Huntress
04-24-2008, 04:07 AM
Well I've finally made a decision on one.

*Solomon Goldsmith from Blood+

aziku
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
planning on being Kurama from yu yu hakusho =/

tempestguy473
05-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Nothing is written in stone, but some that I'd like to make in the future are:

Kristoph Gavin - AJ
The Blue Badger - AA
Tobi - Naruto Shippuden

(Still deciding)

xxkittygurl
05-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm planning to cosplay as Micaiah from Fire Emblem, and maybe if I have enough time I'll make all three of her outfits.

Minkao
05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
So far I haven't fully decided yet, but I'm pretty sure this ish what I'm going with:

Mist - Fire Emblem (Her Radiant Dawn version)
Haruhi - Ouran High School Host Club
Akito/Agito - Air Gear

xxkittygurl
05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
So far I haven't fully decided yet, but I'm pretty sure this ish what I'm going with:

Mist - Fire Emblem (Her Radiant Dawn version)
Super Sailor Saturn - Sailor Moon (or eternal) xD

Whoaa my friend is cosplaying as Mist too =D
Hope to see you at the con ;)

lelek
05-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll almost definitely be bringing Allen Walker. My possible others are Reno (Advent Children), Shou (Alice Nine) and/or Yuuko (xxxHolic). Yuuko's dress would be a commission, so it's the most tentative. I really want to do Shou, he'd be my first Jrock cosplay, and Reno is the easiest, so they're more likely at this point.

Of course, there could be massive changes at any time. Nothing is set in stone. ^^

lilithfire
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Renge from Ouran Highschool Host Club
Yoruichi Shihouin from Bleach
Shippuuden Temari from Naruto
Paine from Final Fantasy (if i make it on time)

Perzephone
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Shippuuden Sakura from Naruto
Artbook Sakura from Naruto *This is if I can get it done by then which I should*
Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Series
Rukia from Bleach

loveless13
05-28-2008, 10:57 PM
my friends are planning on going as lenalee, kanda and allen! the main group anyways im not sure if more people are going to join or not

shadownet752
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
well if i can finish touching them up:
Uchiha Sasuke CS2 from Shinpudden
Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke (if I make it)
Beat Daisukenojo From TwEwY (the only costume actually finished)
Random Anbu (in progress)