View Full Version : Gasukan 5.0 April Photoshoot

Pages : [1] 2

PhotoPanda
04-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Gasukan 5.0 Photoshoot

Theme: "Blossoms/Within My Heart"

Date: Sunday, May 4th
Time: 12:00pm [Noon]
Location: Freeway Park @ Seattle Convention Center (same as Sakuracon - The outside courtyard part of it)

I'd like to announce our first GasuKan ever with a dual theme! Hopefully this will allow a little more flexibility for those who choose to follow our themes.

"Blossoms" is a prop theme. You are encouraged to incorporate flowers, particularly cherry and apple blossoms, into your outfit. Whether they're real, fake, made of paper, or printed on a part of your costume, try to make spring flowers a part of the outfit. This can also be interpreted as a general "spring" theme, or think "blossoming" (as in romance or talent).

"Within My Heart" is meant to tie into the Good vs. Evil/Morally Ambiguous theme we discussed before. Is your character "good" or "bad"? Maybe they just don't care about so-called socially acceptable morals. Maybe the world sees them as evil, but it's more complicated than that.
You could also interpret it as "what's within my heart". Do they have a secret dream or desire? Maybe a crush they're too shy or stubborn to admit. Show us your character's inner world.

AznTranquility
04-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Give people time to recover!
At least until the third weekend of April [19th]
Or the [26th]
Some of us are starting school again so finals aren't in the way, unless people have early midterms. Do a sunday/saturday vote. We could try friday since we've never done a shoot on a friday.

Possible areas:
Repeat previous areas?
Downtown seattle?
Waterfront by a beach? [weather's still cold]
Sceneries at a dock or on the edge of a wave etc.
Find a lake
UW Blossoms are in at the quad, very pretty.
How bout that Japanese garden in Seattle? Kabuto?
It'd be nice to have some old run down setting, like an old factory, but problem is findin one and public access/safety.
Greenlake?

:sigh: might not make it to this one since I'll be busy moving out this month and settling into a new home/roomate.

keropan
04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I definitely want to try making this one; hopefully it'll be in the Seattle area! :3 I'm good with any dates save for the last few days of April, since I'll be out of town from then until late May.

I suppose we could return to Gasworks if this one is back in Seattle, or save that for May or June. Or later in the summer, I'm cool with whatever.

PhotoPanda
04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
UW or Gasworks sounds appealing to me. I've also taken a fancy to the 19th or 20th for the date.

Do we want a theme for this one like the others?

StrawberryLum
04-03-2008, 02:44 AM
I actually miss the con, so no recovering needed for me. :-D

Location ideas, hmm:

The gardens at Point Defiance
Woodland Park Zoo
Ocean Shores (though I'm not sure if the weather will have picked up by then)
Mt. Rainer park (I have no clue if it's called something different, it's what my family has always called it)
Black River Riparian Forest
And then there's always the Olympic Peninsula, I've always wanted to shoot up there.

Kumi-chan
04-03-2008, 03:47 AM
Agree with AznTraquility. I'd like to get more photos too (forgot to use my camera at SC, mostly), but the con took a lot out of me financially and energy-wise. You've also got to give those of us who don't get weekends off from work time to request a day off. I'd be good with something at the end of the month. Gives me enough time to finish the hat for my outfit and maybe even Romeo's tunic. *crosses fingers*

I'd like to suggest the Arboretum. It has a Japanese garden as well as western style, and the trees are in bloom right now. Woodland Park would be nice as well.

Themes... "Growth"? "Blossom"? "Awakening?"

StrawberryLum
04-03-2008, 04:34 AM
I would say something rain themed (considering "April Showers") but we already had Under the Umbrella. Maybe "Everything Old is New Again" but maybe that's too long. Blossoming is a good idea, though maybe save that for May ("May flowers")?
Something Earth Day themed would be cool. (Earth Day is on the 22nd this month)

Kumi-chan
04-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, considering we're in western Washington, I think we're going to have more than one rain/umbrella themed shoot. But something that evokes spring and plants would be perfect if we end up meeting in a garden. It'd also be suitable for Earth Day.

I think the theme for May's shoot was going to be something like "Good vs. Morally Ambiguous". I think an urban/industrial background would work for that. I'm open to locations. June, I really want to do a shoot at the park in Edmonds (rocky beach and woods).

Huh. Thought we were going to bimonthly during con season. Oh well. We might loose a few of our photographers, though, if we cooincide with a big con.

AznTranquility
04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
haven't thought it through yet but

How about The Japanese cherry blossom festival or whatever it's called?
it's during April 18th-20th
I THINK.
Someone plz look up more info I'm in my lecture now.

girl156
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
deleted for personal reasons

Amidoji
04-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I would like a future Gasukan to go back to the convention center and Freeway park. It doesn't have to be this one...

maybe the theme should be Sakura or Pink. I mean a lot of trees would be blooming. And so many anime have Sakura blossom themes.

Kumi-chan
04-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Ooh, the convention center would be really great if we wanted a place that allowed for an urban setting as well as gardens and nature. There's a lot of concrete structures and interesting architecture right in that area.

So maybe the theme *whichyou'refreetoignoreasalways* can be another prop-related thing like "Under the Umbrella". Blossoms or Cherry Blossoms. Incorporate them into your outfit somehow, either fake ones (check the craft/fabric store in the silk flowers section, spring flowers are all over the place right now) or real ones, or even on your outfit (designs on the fabric, clip in the hair). It'd be a nice little tie-in to our recent con. A mini "Sakura" con if you will.

PhotoPanda
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
The Arboretum or even the convention center sounds good to me! that's @ UW or something right? and the cherry blossom festival is from the 18th-20th, so if we have gasukan on the 19th we can go afterwards or even gather on the 20th-sunday- for the festival together. ^_^

>_> i dont like the idea of every other month for the summer gasukans...i'm having bad enough withdrawals from sakuracon... and a month is stretching it to go without cosplay stuffs.... o_O! T_T i dont have anything till AE and Kumoricon...Gasukan is my drug!! it's my fix!

ultimaaa
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Too soon! Too soon! D:

Okay, kidding, but ohman. I don't think I have the energy in me to do anything for a while. My next con is at the end of May, so I'm liking this two month "break" (in that I get to spend it sewing, ahaha) I get here. So if you guys do have a GasuKan soon, I might go but not dress up. I like wearing normal clothes too, sometimes. XD;;

The~Wind
04-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Vincey-Poo and I where talking about photoshoots. I know this is like future-ish... I know for certain neither of us or various other staff members who care, won't be able to make it on April 26th, that's the elections. But, I know for the May one, if we have one in May, he's pushing for May 3rd or 4th, since the rest of the month Mr. Photographer will be out of town.

Now for the April one, I personally would like a more formal one, since I promised people I'd take Luna to the next Gasukan. And honestly, that costume needs a formal setting. *laughs*

For May... *evil grin*I'm pushing for a more "morally dubious" photoshoot so I can wear my Crawford costume.

Amidoji
04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
If a formal one is chosen, Smidge and I can wear Yuna and Seymour. We were very depressed that due to the cosplay contest being to un-organized we were unable to wear them to the Masquerade Ball (which was the orginal reason for them).

I don't know that both of us can go to the one in April, however, so no promises.

SvK
04-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I think the Masquerade Ball would have had more staring than dancing if you had worn those costumes to it.

Darkain
04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I would much MUCH prefer May 3rd or 4th for this. Its simply too soon for another gathering, as quite a few of us are still recovering from Sakura-Con. I know several people need to work on adjustments to their outfits after con abuse.

The first weekend in May would be a good central point for everyone. Quite a few locals are traveling out of town in mid/late May for either Anime Central, Anime North, or FanimeCon. If we have a gathering so soon here in April, then there might as well not be one in May at that point, since so many of us will be busy/elsewhere with cons.

Rikkizilla
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
The 4th of May sounds like the best day! XD;!

Kumi-chan
04-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I like the 4th.

Does everyone like the "Blossoms" idea? Think blossoming nature, blossoming romance (I'm doing that one), growth. Bring flowers, real silk, paper, or otherwise. Any kind, though cherry and apple blossoms are a natural fit for this time of year. Also, any outfit that makes you think spring, either through design or color, would be appropriate.

Or just wear whatever outfit didn't get enough camera love at Sakura Con. Whatever would look prettiest/coolest under the flowering trees. School uniforms would be excellent as well.

Darkain
04-05-2008, 12:54 AM
I like the 4th.

I like that too.

I've put up a tentative GasuKan 5 page on CosplayMeetup.com (http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/)

http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_5/

StrawberryLum
04-05-2008, 01:21 AM
I'll have to bring my school Lum. I got photograghed a couple times but I forgot to take my glasses off for one of 'em. >_<
If I can get a chance to redye my pink Lum that may fit (what with all the cherry blossoms about. ^_^)
But other than those two I'm not sure what I have that would work with the theme/colors. But I'm sure I'll come up with something. Perhaps AiW.

Bredward
04-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Now for the April one, I personally would like a more formal one, since I promised people I'd take Luna to the next Gasukan. And honestly, that costume needs a formal setting. *laughs*
If you're wearing your Luna costume then I'll wear my Star Healer costume again. Unless it randomly decides to snow again or something absurd like that.

Amidoji
04-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Woohoo! I'm actually off May 4th (and the 3rd), so that means I can have sleep for this one. Have we decided on location?

I'm thinking of bringing my Hueco Mundo Gin as I was talking to people at the con about doing more with a Bleach group at the next Gasukan. I'll also try to get done a costume for my roomie Anjelchan who didn't get to wear it at Sakura due to cons being too close together.

I believe that for these I'll be staying with my aunt in Black Diamond (near Auburn) if anyone needs a ride from the south eastside.

The~Wind
04-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Amidoji, I used to live in Auburn. lol Now I live in Fife. O_o

Okay... I have two costume choices... Human Luna or Brad Crawford. *smirks*One is good, one is evil. I really want to wear my Crawford costume since he didn't get done in time for Sakura-Con, but Luna didn't get enough pictures taken. T_T

Kumi-chan
04-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Well, you know what the obvious choice is then, right? Wear both!

(This is why I end up bringing eight costumes to every con. And then I only wear one a day.)

Where do we want to meet?

Arboretum/Japanese garden?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Park_Arboretum
http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/parkspaces/japanesegarden.htm

Kubota Garden?
http://www.kubota.org/

Convention Center/Freeway Park?
http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=312

UW?
http://www.washington.edu/mediarel/galleries/springflowers2008/

Woodland Park Zoo's kind of pricy, even with the group rate it's $13 each.

PhotoPanda
04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Looks like it's to be then 4th then! Location wise...I like the Kubota thing and the UW (wich has a foosball table if anyone wants to know)!!

Kumi-chan
04-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I posted a thread in the GasuKan group on Cosspace. Official information will go there:
http://www.cosspace.com/groups/vb-forums/posts/id_3522/page_1/#r3522

Since we were discussing a slightly different theme for May, I'm going to make this the first Gasukan with a dual theme: "Blossoms/Within My Heart". "Blossoms" is more of a prop-based theme, like "Under the Umbrella", though you can interpret it less literally. "Within My Heart" ties into our Good/Evil/Morally Ambiguous idea. I hope this will allow everyone a little more flexibility. You can chose to follow one, or both, or neither. Check the cosspace thread for a more detailed expanation.

Panda, would you mind adding any info to the head post? Just so anyone who stops in here has a chance to see what's going on without having to search the entire thread.

Darkain
04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_5/

Updated!

SvK
04-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I like Freeway Park because I've already scouted it and found cool places for photos.
http://svk.angryzero.com/wsctc/

ultimaaa
04-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm also liking the idea of Freeway Park. Lots of good photo opportunities there (and hey, maybe the fountains will actually be on XD).

The~Wind
04-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I agree with the Freeway Park thing. It's simple for people to get to, and we all know where it is. Urgh... I'm gonna have to bring a coat to sit in. No way in hell do I want to mess up my costume for Crawford. x.X

Kumi-chan
04-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Another good thing about Freeway Park: crepes around the corner. Just sayin'.

Good backgrounds, too.

Justke
04-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Do I hear crepes? =DDDDD

I'm fine with the Kubota Garden, UW or the Freeway Park(for the crepes) haha. Maybe I'll redo my ANBU costume and bring it for the good/evil part. ^ ^

TseUq
04-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Howdy All!~
Hope everyone had a great time at SC ^^ And happy belated Birthday to Kumi-Chan and Vince! XD Sorry I missed them (and anyone else who celebrated a date of entry into the world).

Seeing as I missed SakuraCon (TT_TT) I am SO ready for another Gasukan and to see everyone!!
And the 4th? hmmm I think school is out by then up here so I can hopefully *easily* get people to cover a shift for me.
Money will be TIGHT, just home from Japan... but I will deffinitly *try* to make it....have a PERFECT cosplay idea for "within my heart" <333
I vote for the freeway park! or UW [as I missed Janurary Gasukan and freakin love that campus] XD~

Darkain
04-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Howdy All!~

Hey there, welcome back Canada-chanz!! I look forward to seeing you again at the next GasuKan, and if not then FanimeCon for sure!! :D

StrawberryLum
04-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Mind if I bring cupcakes or something to this shoot? It'll be, seemingly, the only one in May and my birthday happens to be in that month and I wanted to do something special and such. ^_^
He Bred, if you're up to it, maybe some Alice cosplay? I think it would be cool to get some shots in that gazebo and it won't be crowded this time. =D

SvK
04-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Do people ever mind if you bring food? I should hope not.

Hey, Smidge, we could try Tintin and Captain Haddock again.

StrawberryLum
04-06-2008, 03:19 AM
^_^ Tis true, I don't know what I was thinking.

The~Wind
04-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Since my esteemed baker will be out of town (sadness here). I shall bring some cookies... Well, if I remember and actually manage to make them before I leave and not have my family eat them all.

Kobuta garden? I've never been there. Is it nice?

Kumi-chan
04-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I've never been to Kubota myself, though the pictures in the link looked really nice: http://www.kubota.org/ And it's free to get into, always a plus.

But it looks like we might be leaning towards Freeway Park. I think the mix of concrete structures and flora would work really well for the good/evil characters.

Maybe we can do Kubota another time. Fall would be good, when the leaves start to turn.

The~Wind
04-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I think it would be better in fall. Though that's going to be hard for me and my resident Chibi to coordinate. We have to be careful seeing the first and last month of September, we're both off at a convention.

Hmmm... Yes, Freeway Park... That sounds good indeed.

PhotoPanda
04-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Seems like most are all in favor of Freeway Park. everyone cool with making freeway park the set location then?

*Updated first post - DK, i just copied of your page. ^_^

PhotoPanda
04-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I like Freeway Park because I've already scouted it and found cool places for photos.
http://svk.angryzero.com/wsctc/

thats quite fancy yo. ^_^ i'm printing this!

Kumi-chan
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
SvK settled it, I think. Dude, I so want some shots at the "fall to your deaths/all at the same time/smaller safer version" places. Those look awesome.

Who would be able to stick around until it got dark? SvK's right, a lot of those places look really good with night-lighting. Didn't you say you wanted to do more nighttime photography, Darkain?

Bredward
04-06-2008, 10:19 PM
He Bred, if you're up to it, maybe some Alice cosplay? I think it would be cool to get some shots in that gazebo and it won't be crowded this time. =D
Sure, since it will be easy enough to put that on over my Star Healer costume. Both of those call for some more interesting poses in a non-crowded setting. And this gives me enough time to finish the coat for that, and possibly make a new corset.

PhotoPanda
04-07-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm totally down for staying late ^_^

ultimaaa
04-07-2008, 04:32 AM
I have no problems with staying late, though in that case we'd be better off staying closer to the convention center. Though if it's a large enough group it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I might try finish my The World Ends With You costume I've been meaning to do since last year. I've had the materials for it since before Kumoricon - with the game coming out this month I think it'd be a good idea. :D Though I suppose it all depends on how far along I am with my Anime North stuff...

StrawberryLum
04-07-2008, 04:49 AM
I can stay late as long as someone heading southbound from there can help lead me to the freeway. I'm lousy enough with direction in Seattle during the day let alone at night.
I'll see about bringing my friend and my sister. They've been meaning to come to a shoot but have been busy, hopefully they shan't be for this shoot.
And I too would like to get some shots on those very tall, quite scary looking, cement structures. I'll just have to figure out how one gets up there, while wearing a skirt, and not fall. I have yet to prefect the art of flying so I am a bit preplexed.

The~Wind
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I can stay late as long as someone heading southbound from there can help lead me to the freeway. I'm lousy enough with direction in Seattle during the day let alone at night.
I'll see about bringing my friend and my sister. They've been meaning to come to a shoot but have been busy, hopefully they shan't be for this shoot.
And I too would like to get some shots on those very tall, quite scary looking, cement structures. I'll just have to figure out how one gets up there, while wearing a skirt, and not fall. I have yet to prefect the art of flying so I am a bit preplexed.

I can direct you, if you'd like, I know Seattle pretty damn well.

Oh a side note, if we stay late... How late? The last 194 leaves Seattle around 7PM, and I don't wanna miss out on fun late night stuff like I usually have to do. T_T Sad Michi.

PhotoPanda
04-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh a side note, if we stay late... How late? The last 194 leaves Seattle around 7PM, and I don't wanna miss out on fun late night stuff like I usually have to do. T_T Sad Michi.

Late is going to be when it gets dark so we can do some night shots with the fancy lighting. ^_^

anaitaT
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I am really excited for this, I haven't gone to a Gasukan before, so finally I'm getting off my butt to go. I plan on going in my Yoko costume, I'd like to say I'd have the gun by then, but I highly doubt I'll have the time to put it togethere between now and then.

I was just wondering if the convention center will be open? I have no idea about the hours, and I would like to change in there if at all possible.

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Be there as well.

SvK
04-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I've been to the convention center on a couple of Saturdays that were not Sakura-Con. There were other conventions going on, but some of the convention center was still open to the public, pretty much like it is during Sakura-Con. You should be able to use the escalators that go from the first to the fourth floor and surrounding areas, including the bathrooms. The lobby on the fourth floor and the entire sixth floor will probably be blocked off, just like during Sakura-Con.

Kumi-chan
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Late is going to be when it gets dark so we can do some night shots with the fancy lighting. ^_^

Which, to clarify, is after 8:00. Sunset is supposed to take place around 8:20. It may be a little difficult if you're relying on the bus.

The~Wind
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Which, to clarify, is after 8:00. Sunset is supposed to take place around 8:20. It may be a little difficult if you're relying on the bus.

Eh... I can catch the 174 until at least midnight or so... Unless I find someone going my way (Tacoma) that's willing to drop me off at my place. Either way, it ain't gonna be that big of a deal, just makes it hard as hell to get home.

PS: Panda, you might want to change the title of the thread... We're not gonna be in April..

PhotoPanda
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
O_O you can change the thread title?? >_>"" howw.....

Kumi-chan
04-07-2008, 06:52 PM
In my experience, you can't actually change the external thread title, though you can change what the bold heading on the first post says. Just go into edit, click the "advanced" button, and change it.

To change the name of the thread, you might be able to ask a mod to do it for you. Send them a message or something.

I don't think it's a big deal though. Our shoot's the first weekend in May. If it was the end of the month then I'd probably start a new thread to reduce confusion, but as it is, it's fine.

Amidoji
04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I know we're planning to stay until after dark for night shots, but when are we all planning to get there?

As soon as I know this I'll get it posted over on Sakura-con's message boards and my LJ.

ultimaaa
04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Noon is most likely, given that's been our start time since the beginning. Then again, if we're staying later, some people might not want to be out for 8+ hours that day. So I guess it depends on the person? *says the one who is always late*

Also regarding the location, remember that we're not just restricted to Freeway Park/the convention center for photos. ;D We're in downtown Seattle, so there's all sorts of neat locations to take pictures. And most ARE within walking distance from the convention center. Just something to keep in mind in case you're thinking of costumes to match the location~.

StrawberryLum
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Eh... I can catch the 174 until at least midnight or so... Unless I find someone going my way (Tacoma) that's willing to drop me off at my place. Either way, it ain't gonna be that big of a deal, just makes it hard as hell to get home.

PS: Panda, you might want to change the title of the thread... We're not gonna be in April..

I can give you a ride. I live in Parkland so I have to go through Tacoma anyway. And that'll work also since then you can help me escape the trap that is Seattle. :crylaugh:

The~Wind
04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
I can give you a ride. I live in Parkland so I have to go through Tacoma anyway. And that'll work also since then you can help me escape the trap that is Seattle. :crylaugh:

Woohoo! Thanks! ^_^

Well... Seattle works great for my group's costume plans. We're doing Schwarz from Weiss Kreuz and my Chibi is going Gaignun Kukai Jr from Xenosaga EpII.

Anyone know anyone who wants to make a Schuldig costume for this upcoming Gasukan?

nerv2112
04-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Woot.. Maybe I can make it out this time. Finally one on a weekend I have off! (so far anyway)

Kumi-chan
04-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Well, it just now occurred to me that the convention center's a really big place. Perhaps it would be a good idea to narrow down our meetup location?

How about here: http://svk.angryzero.com/wsctc/1.jpg (Thanks again, SvK!) It's out in the main part of the courtyard, facing out towards the park. The sculptures are pretty eye-catching, so it's hard to miss them, and it's a roomy area, big enough no matter how many of us show up this time.

Good lord, if we're as big as last time, I don't know what we're going to do. I doubt it, since a lot of people are probably still overwhelmed from con, but I'm not going to bet on anything anymore.

Seriously, where are y'all coming from? You're nuts to keep showing up every month.
Love you guys.

Perzephone
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't think its that soon ;) maybe do it towards the end of May?

but yah I'm so there since I didn't really know about this till a friend told me about it today ^_^

cpardo
04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Woot.. Maybe I can make it out this time. Finally one on a weekend I have off! (so far anyway)

All right man! You must come nerv2112!

This Freeway park is safe BTW, right?

Costumes....gosh I dunno I'm at a loss don't really have anything that goes with those themes, well ones I haven't worn yet to Gasukan already anyway. Although I'm looking at buying a couple of new things (costumes).

Man I hope it warms up by then...

SvK
04-08-2008, 10:47 PM
The main courtyard is quite far from the big impressive place (http://svk.angryzero.com/wsctc/12b.jpg) mentioned earlier, but there will be plenty of time to march over there. We relocated several times at UW.

The~Wind
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
The main courtyard is quite far from the big impressive place (http://svk.angryzero.com/wsctc/12b.jpg) mentioned earlier, but there will be plenty of time to march over there. We relocated several times at UW.

You sir... Are awesome

Kumi-chan
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Costumes....gosh I dunno I'm at a loss don't really have anything that goes with those themes, well ones I haven't worn yet to Gasukan already anyway. Although I'm looking at buying a couple of new things (costumes).

*clobbers with half-finished tunic* I'm making it, Baka!

Yes, I'm certain we'll be running all over the park. I think that as long as nobody goes off by themselves--stick to groups of at least three or four--we should be fine. Be aware of your surroundings, make sure your cell phone is charged and you have the contact info of someone else in the group, maintain good communication with the larger group. If your outfit's hard to move in or revealing stick with someone who's more mobile and physically imposing and preferably carrying a large scary weapon. If someone starts hassling you, tell them to back off loudly enough to attract our attention. You know, basic good sense.

If you're joining the nighttime shoot, please use some of that sense and dress appropriately. There will be fewer of us, it will be colder, and it's a dark downtown park. You guys probably know all this anyway--even if there were more people around during Sakura Con, it's the same area--so this is just a reminder.

Crow711
04-09-2008, 12:10 AM
So this will kind of be my first Gasukan. My friend told me the day of about the one at gasworks park, so I popped by for a bit, but of course forgot my camera >>;

I'll actually have a costume for this though, yay! Well I have one in reserve at least, if I don't get a new one done. I'll see if I can't get Ginpachi Sensei made for this ^_^ The only costume I want to do right now that's likely within my post-con budget >>;;;

SvK
04-09-2008, 01:39 AM
You sir... Are awesome
Why am I awesome?

cpardo
04-09-2008, 01:57 AM
*clobbers with half-finished tunic* I'm making it, Baka!

OUCH! Okay, okay...lol. Been tired today so maybe that's why my mind is a complete blank. But anyway it made my mind wander so I have more cosplay ideas. Let's see what I can come up with by then as well...

PhotoPanda
04-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Why am I awesome?

Because you are a very sekksy man.

Blackwolf008
04-09-2008, 06:50 PM
I'd like to go but my mom hated Sakura-con. -_-* She may not want o go this gathering so soon but I'll try to pursuade her. (she's probably gunna work me to the bone... -_-" Ugh) It's okay to go as Hiei from YYH right? :lost:

PhotoPanda
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I'd like to go but my mom hated Sakura-con. -_-* She may not want o go this gathering so soon but I'll try to pursuade her. (she's probably gunna work me to the bone... -_-" Ugh) It's okay to go as Hiei from YYH right? :lost:

Of course it's ok to rock Hiei! ^_^ We hope you can make it! This isnt quite as chaotic as Sakuracon, it's alot more low key with less than like 75 people usually there. Soo maybe that can help you convince your madre!

The~Wind
04-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Why am I awesome?

Because you are.

Bredward
04-10-2008, 08:50 PM
If your outfit's hard to move in or revealing stick with someone who's more mobile and physically imposing and preferably carrying a large scary weapon.
Well, out of the two costumes I'm planning on wear, one involves a corset and massive petticoats and the other is revealing and vinyl. So who wants to be my bodyguard? :'D

SvK
04-10-2008, 10:26 PM
The~Wind: Oh, right. I had forgotten.

I wandered around Freeway Park after dark (around 6:30PM back then) and didn't ever feel threatened, in fact I was surprised by how respectable the other wandering people looked. However, I'm a bit oblivious and not very muggable, so my impressions may be inaccurate.

The~Wind
04-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, out of the two costumes I'm planning on wear, one involves a corset and massive petticoats and the other is revealing and vinyl. So who wants to be my bodyguard? :'D

I will be. *grins*I won't be in Human Luna, and am 6'0" normally. So... If you don't mind a precognitive assassin for a bodyguard, I'm your cosplayer.

Bredward
04-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I will be. *grins*I won't be in Human Luna, and am 6'0" normally. So... If you don't mind a precognitive assassin for a bodyguard, I'm your cosplayer.
That's the best type of bodyguard. =O

[Although, as I was telling StrawberryLum, it would be perfectly in character of me as Star Healer to kick someone in the face with those stillettos for propositioning me.]

But seriously, I'm beginning to think that I need a bodyguard just taking the bus to Seattle or going to dances, since there's been a recent increase in strange men trying to touch me, even when I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. -.-

StrawberryLum
04-11-2008, 07:22 AM
But seriously, I'm beginning to think that I need a bodyguard just taking the bus to Seattle or going to dances, since there's been a recent increase in strange men trying to touch me, even when I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. -.-

You and me both, sister. >_^ It seems lately, the more one covers up, the more attention one gets. I was wearing jeans, a tank top, and a sweater, no cleavage, nothing, and yet still the pervs were a calling. Whatever happened to gentlemen?

Anyway, I figure the costumes I'll bring will be:
School Lum (I'd bring pink Lum but I'm being a wuss with the cold, if it looks like it won't be cold then.. maybe. :oP)
Alice
Misa Armane (if I can get the costume done in time)

And that'd probably be it, unless someone needs a stand in? I'm pretty sure I could pull something together if someone wanted a charcter/extra person from the series. Any excuse to make another costume. :toothy:

The~Wind
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
That's the best type of bodyguard. =O

Although, as I was telling StrawberryLum, it would be perfectly in character of me as Star Healer to kick someone in the face with those stillettos for propositioning me.

Good... We have at least three members of Schwarz going to the photoshoot, so we're more than willing to play bodyguards.

Oh, I know you, as Star Healer, would do that. Starlights are my favorite. Hmm... Maybe I should bring my Taiki concert suit... Haven't worn it since Kumori-Con 2006...

Bredward
04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
You and me both, sister. >_^ It seems lately, the more one covers up, the more attention one gets. I was wearing jeans, a tank top, and a sweater, no cleavage, nothing, and yet still the pervs were a calling. Whatever happened to gentlemen?

Anyway, I figure the costumes I'll bring will be:
School Lum (I'd bring pink Lum but I'm being a wuss with the cold, if it looks like it won't be cold then.. maybe. :oP)
Alice
Misa Armane (if I can get the costume done in time)

And that'd probably be it, unless someone needs a stand in? I'm pretty sure I could pull something together if someone wanted a charcter/extra person from the series. Any excuse to make another costume. :toothy:
Srsly. I didn't have any problems with pervy guys when I was wearing my Star Healer costume at the con, but it was when I was wearing the shorts with a sleeveless t-shirt that some guy tries to hump me. And yesterday I was taking the bus up to my class in Seattle, wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a blazer, and some random middle-aged guy sat next to me, kept scooting closer, put his arm around my shoulder and kept trying to flirt with me and calling me "sweetheart". ><

I'm tempted to try to accomplish another costume by the photoshoot as well. I'll probably finish the coat for the Queen of Hearts the weekend and then I'll try to make up my mind about what to focus on next.

Regardless, you can give me a ride again, right? Petticoats won't be fun to carry around if I were to take the bus or get dropped off up there.

Good... We have at least three members of Schwarz going to the photoshoot, so we're more than willing to play bodyguards.

Oh, I know you, as Star Healer, would do that. Starlights are my favorite. Hmm... Maybe I should bring my Taiki concert suit... Haven't worn it since Kumori-Con 2006...
This will call for random crossover pics at some point during the shoot.

The Starlights and outer senshi = win. Between them and the villians, I'll probably end up doing a different Sailor Moon cosplay every year at this rate. [And so will my sister, since it's one of the only animes she's familiar with.]

Whenever you decide to do your Trowa cosplay, I can totally assemble a Quatre one relatively quickly [if you don't already have one to accompany you].

cpardo
04-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey I was wondering...

I wonder if some consider L to be good/evil, misunderstood etc.? I don't consider him evil though, except that he eats all of the sweets...

You see I wore an L costume at SC (and AO) so I was just pondering the thought. It IS fun being L!

The good weather we had today could be a good sign for next month. I was wondering if I should be bring my "axe?" Just a thought.

StrawberryLum
04-11-2008, 10:58 PM
@ Bred: Sure, I suppose. Will I have to figure out how to get to your place again? The roads to you house scares me. lol O.o I mean, if you couldn't get a ride to an easier location like the Commons or something then I could pick you up from your place.

@The Wind: Will you be able to get to Seattle fine or do you need a ride there as well? (I didn't know if youneeded just a ride home or one to and from)

@ cpardo: I'd say L is nuetral. I never saw him as tons of good or massive evil either.

Bredward
04-12-2008, 01:43 AM
@ Bred: Sure, I suppose. Will I have to figure out how to get to your place again? The roads to you house scares me. lol O.o I mean, if you couldn't get a ride to an easier location like the Commons or something then I could pick you up from your place.
Well, it's actually pretty simple to get to my house if you're not going a weird way like your mom's boyfriend was. When he was driving, I was kind of like "why the hell is he going this way?", but I didn't say anything since he seemed to know where he was going. And taking the windy road is the best way to get to my house from downtown Tacoma, but if you're coming from I-5 then I can give you really simple directions that only involve the windy road for like two blocks.

StrawberryLum
04-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Well, it's actually pretty simple to get to my house if you're not going a weird way like your mom's boyfriend was. When he was driving, I was kind of like "why the hell is he going this way?", but I didn't say anything since he seemed to know where he was going. And taking the windy road is the best way to get to my house from downtown Tacoma, but if you're coming from I-5 then I can give you really simple directions that only involve the windy road for like two blocks.

The way end up going, well, you saw, it was the way the fam took you home after the con. That weird road that curves a lot, and looks over a huge embakement that leads to water. It's that bit that freaks me out. Cliffs leading to water. Mmyep. :untrust:

The~Wind
04-12-2008, 10:17 AM
@The Wind: Will you be able to get to Seattle fine or do you need a ride there as well? (I didn't know if you needed just a ride home or one to and from)

If you don't mind, that would be awesome.

StrawberryLum
04-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Would you be able to help a bit for gas? I just didn't think I'd be doing as much traveling.

The~Wind
04-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I just talked to my Chibi.... She wants me to go up with her. So I won't be needing a ride up there. Just back.

Heat
04-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi guyz! Guyz hey!
So I'm in the spring musical at my highschool so tragically I will be performing at 2PM on the day of Gasukan 5.0
SO! Hope you all have a blast and hope to see you next time :bigtu:

keropan
04-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi guyz! Guyz hey!
So I'm in the spring musical at my highschool so tragically I will be performing at 2PM on the day of Gasukan 5.0
SO! Hope you all have a blast and hope to see you next time :bigtu:

Same here! Only except I'll be in Hong Kong~ :]
I'm way excited for June GasuKan (if it'll be on!) = super nice weather for pics, hopefully. Like... the inaugural GasuKan weather. :3 And here's hoping it won't coincide with UW graduation ceremonies, either. ^^;

StrawberryLum
04-13-2008, 06:29 AM
@ The Wind: Alright, that works. :-)

PhotoPanda
04-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Same here! Only except I'll be in Hong Kong~ :]
I'm way excited for June GasuKan (if it'll be on!) = super nice weather for pics, hopefully. Like... the inaugural GasuKan weather. :3 And here's hoping it won't coincide with UW graduation ceremonies, either. ^^;

O_O HONG KONG? DUUUDE! lucky... ^_^ let us know when the UW grad is so we don't schedule on the day. ^_^

saimon
04-13-2008, 12:44 PM
I am so going to to try to come.
Just gotta figure out a cosplay...I don't fully understand the second theme though...v.v;

The_Bunkey
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Heey! I'm gonna be there toooo! I think The~Wind mentioned something about it. LOL! I'll be Farfarello. A chibi Farfarello, but a Farfie nonetheless!!! LOL!

@Heat: FAIL. I've never had a play happen on a Sunday. O.o That's kinda freakish.

@The~Wind: Heeeeey Crawford. *leer*

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Heey! I'm gonna be there toooo! I think The~Wind mentioned something about it. LOL! I'll be Farfarello. A chibi Farfarello, but a Farfie nonetheless!!! LOL!

@Heat: FAIL. I've never had a play happen on a Sunday. O.o That's kinda freakish.

@The~Wind: Heeeeey Crawford. *leer*

Never happened to me either. Will also say, I thought you were older Heat.

The~Wind
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Woo! Gasukan. I'm excited. ^_^

keropan
04-15-2008, 03:40 PM
O_O HONG KONG? DUUUDE! lucky... ^_^ let us know when the UW grad is so we don't schedule on the day. ^_^

June 14th =D Really hoping it won't rain like it did for last year's! *crosses fingers* I'll bring it up again whenever the June GasuKan thread pops up.

Anyway, hope everyone has an awesome time next month! =DDD

cpardo
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM

I think our leader Kumi-chan wanted the next few Gasukans every 2 months due to con season and other things. So I think the next Gasukan will be July not June, and then September. After that probably every month. But of course that's up to our leader.

Kumi-chan
04-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Eh...we may end up going monthly after all. I originally said bimonthly because I figured, hey, con season, people will be busy. One of the original reasons for GasuKan was to provide a legitimate outlet for cosplay during the off season. But apparently there's a serious thirst for it in the Seattle area. So I'll schedule something once a month if people want it.

Now, my next scheduled con is Anime Evolution, which isn't until the 22nd of August, and then Kumori Con, which is the following weekend (Labor Day weekend). What other cons do we have to work around? And will enough people be attending them that we have to do so, or should we set up GasuKan as a sort of substitute con experience for folks who can't travel out of state or cross-country. I know that some of our photographers will be attending these events.

Amidoji
04-15-2008, 11:28 PM
My next two cons aren't until September. They are NDK in Denver and, two weeks later, Yaoi*con in SanFran.

So I plan on using GasuKans this summer as a way to cosplay and perhaps get wear in on new costumes to see where the problems are before I drag them to con.

I'd try to attend as many as I could if GasuKan happened every month this summer.

The_Bunkey
04-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Will also say, I thought you were older Heat.

Why yes I am older than Heat. XD I meant back in mah highschool days I never heard of a play running into Sunday!!! LOL!

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-16-2008, 01:17 AM
I was talking to Heat actually. I thought he was out of high school. And like you said, none of the plays I ever did in High School never ran on Sundays. Community College, yes, but not high school.

The~Wind
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Like Kumi and Amidoji, my next cons aren't until Labor Day weekend and end of September. Most of my new costumes might not be debuted until the cons they're scheduled to premier at.... Oh the woes of Princess Kakyuu.

So, I'm good with monthly!

One thing about June... Please, please, please do not schedule it on June 14th. Why? The 14th is my sister's high school graduation and I am going to be there, come hell or high water.

And I can't give the dates for the Sakura-Con Staff Meetings, yet, seeing as I don't think they've been announced. Let me check on that.

PhotoPanda
04-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Dude Monthly, Gotta be Monthly. It's hard enough waiting a month...T_T my next cons arn't till AE and Kumori late august!! so i'll be there at every Gasukan there is! Maybe we should discuss the June Gasukan @ the next one, or at least get the ball rolling there as for dates and themes...i dunno...just an Idea....

Anyone going to the cherry blossom festival?

Heat
04-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not that old guys XD!...Maybe I'm just uber mature for my age >.>
Anyways back on track!
I'm with Panda! AE and Kumori are my next Cons and I'd like to test run a few cosplays over the summer XP!

cpardo
04-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Well like the others I don't have conventions until August. But that will be a busy month. I have Fandemonium the first weekend of August, then Otakon the following weekend. The next weekend is free, and the next 2 weekends are Anime Evolution and Kumori Con. I only have the weekend of the 15-17 free, so I could be absent from Gasukan that month unless it's that free weekend. But then I'm free the rest of the year, except Thanksgiving weekend which will be a new convention in Boise.

Rikkizilla
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
If the next Gasukan could be in the beginning of June... it would be amazing and then I could make it, if not then this'll be my last Gasukan [since I'm moving early/mid-June]!

cpardo
04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
And I can't give the dates for the Sakura-Con Staff Meetings, yet, seeing as I don't think they've been announced. Let me check on that.

Oh that's right too. We'll have to schedule around the Sakura Con meetings which are usually on a Sunday each month, if it's not too much of a hassle that is.

The~Wind
04-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh that's right too. We'll have to schedule around the Sakura Con meetings which are usually on a Sunday each month, if it's not too much of a hassle that is.

I'm almost half tempted to request we forgo the June Gasukan. Because... My birthday's in June and I know the two girls I usually show up with just might make a big deal about it. I'll be 20. God I'm young.

ultimaaa
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Some people I know are going to Fanime next month, and I'm going to Anime North myself that same weekend. ACen is also the same weekend. I don't know of any June cons to worry about, but July has Anime Expo, which some people might be going to. Like most people, my next cons after AN are in August, but I'm not here for most of June/all of July/first half of August so my opinion matters no here. XD

Bredward
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
The weekend of June 28 is definately out for me, since I'll be in Denver for my uncle's wedding. Most of my con schedule is still subject to change, since nothing's set in stone until I can find someone to go with. KumoriCon and Yaoi Con are the ones I really want to go to, but I'm also considering San Diego ComiCon or Anime Expo, depending on whether my friends in San Diego are planning to go to either.

But Emerald City ComiCon is definately going to be my next con. I'll be going as Surge from New X-Men for the costume contest. If anyone else is planning on going, there's probably going to be a huge gap of time in my schedule where I have nothing to do but wander around the exhibitor's hall aimlessly for the 10th time in a row, so I'm up for hanging out in Freeway Park or whatever.

The~Wind
04-16-2008, 08:52 PM

This weekend Panda? Mmm... Gonna go just to kidnap a friend of mine from an evil person. That's 'bout it.

Darkain
04-16-2008, 08:53 PM
This weekend Panda? Mmm... Gonna go just to kidnap a friend of mine from an evil person. That's 'bout it.

whats this i hear about a "festival",..? any deatails?? :D

keropan
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm not that old guys XD!...Maybe I'm just uber mature for my age >.>
Anyways back on track!
I'm with Panda! AE and Kumori are my next Cons and I'd like to test run a few cosplays over the summer XP!

YOU BETTER START YOUR SUIGETSU, YOU! Heh. ;D
...Aaand I need to get my wig. Hurr hurr. *fails*

Yep, going to try my best to get my butt to Anime Evolution and that'll probably be it this year for me, at least con-wise.

As for June themes... something summery, maybe? Well, I don't know.. seeing that summers here pretty much don't start until after the 4th of July! XD

Darkain, I think there's a thread going on about the Cherry Blossom Festival already; you could check that out for more info.

Bredward
04-16-2008, 10:55 PM

I'm going on Friday.

Kumi-chan
04-17-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm going to the Cherry Blossom festival on Sunday. Totally forgot about Emerald City Comic Con. I'm not asking for time off for that one since I've already requested for Gasukan, but if I happen to have one of the days off, I'm so putting on Lum and heading down there.

I'd like June to be held at a beach, so the theme will be somewhat related to that. Not a swimsuit theme, since it's not warm enough for that around here until August, and that's too restrictive anyway. I visited the beach I liked in Edmonds, and while I know there is a woodland park there, I could not for the life of me find the parking lot. So I'm scouting locations again. July will correspond with Tanabata (Star Festival), so our prop theme that month will likely involve stars. I'm working out the kinks, but I'm trying to plan ahead since the summer is usually pretty busy. Each shoot will most likely be within the first two weekends of its month. That's been our pattern anyway.

I'll mark up a calendar with the events upcoming each month. We can't possibly plan around all of them, which means yes, I do expect some folks will have to skip some summer shoots. I may have to skip August or September myself, since I don't know that I can get the time off work with the cons I'm attending. Unless I get a job that doesn't make me work weekends before then.

Don't worry. We'll do a big anniversary shoot in October, and I'll try my very best to make that one work for as many folks as possible. And I'm pretty darn sure we will be returning to Gasworks for October. Possibly before then as well.

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Dude Monthly, Gotta be Monthly. It's hard enough waiting a month...T_T my next cons arn't till AE and Kumori late august!! so i'll be there at every Gasukan there is! Maybe we should discuss the June Gasukan @ the next one, or at least get the ball rolling there as for dates and themes...i dunno...just an Idea....

I'm going on Sunday. And though I may or may not be able to do a June one due to probably going on a trip to NYC, July Gasukan definately. Probably we should do it on a beach.

StrawberryLum
04-17-2008, 03:58 AM
The only time in June I'm not available is the 22nd to the 29th. I'm road tripping to Florida.
I wish I could go to Comic Con, but I'm saving every penny for the road trip (it'd be cheaper to fly but darnit, I've always wanted to road trip. ^_^)
I'm tempted by the Cherry Blossom festival, I'll have to find someone to go with as I don't really like doing things alone.

I was thinking, perhaps there should be a list of the animes/mangas and the charcters people will be cosplaying as for the next Gasukan. That way others can figure out which cosplay they might want to bring as it's always, at least in my opinion, more fun when there's a larger group of charcters from a specific anime/manga.

Chibi_Midna
04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
w000t another gasukan! yay!
i really liked the first one lol.
ummm hmm i might be Mine Kuramae if i can convice my Ayame to come
or Kotori..without onii-chan (darn you heat for having a play on sunday XD) not sure yet haha all i know is im getting a kimono

AznTranquility
04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
hm yeah beginning of july i know me and some other cosplayers will be going to anime expo in californiaaa

did i hear swimsuit theme!? XD

cpardo
04-17-2008, 10:11 PM
All this talk about future Gasukans got me pondering ideas for themes. I'd like to suggest some ideas:

Music theme
Sports theme
"Battle!" theme (fighting, martial arts etc.)
"Back to school" (School uniforms! I guess school related to be more broad, for example school romance--Kare Kano comes to mind)
"Epic adventure/quest" (this can encompass all kinds of anime/games, from FF to Lodoss War, etc.)

I was going to suggest "Swimsuit episode" for the beach idea, but that only covers one idea pretty much. A more general theme would be something like beach/beachside/seaside, since many anime/games have a segment where it takes place seaside.

That's all I can think of right now. Just stuff to kick around :).

ultimaaa
04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
If we're talking future themes, next March should be smart characters. >_> Why? A certain date happens to fall on a weekend. A certain date involving "pies"...

SvK
04-18-2008, 12:54 AM
did i hear swimsuit theme!? XD
Not a swimsuit theme
:-O

ultimaaa, I like your idea to celebrate Einstein's birthday. Also, whenever I say your name in my head I have to yell it because of the drawn out "aaa" at the end. Ultimaaa!!

I recommend an "overkill" theme because it matches costumes (i.e. props) that I already have.

Milk-tan
04-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Uuaah! I want to come! I keep meaning to go to these, but I live so far away. But I'm moving in May, so I might be able to make it! I could fix up and bring my A.B.A. costume... she is very, very pink... maybe pretty up Mister Paracelus with some pink flowers. I think I like this plan.

BiZ
04-18-2008, 06:42 PM
How sad: the BiZ won't be able to make this round. Maybe next month~

TseUq
04-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Will add my .02 in for future dates etc... just cause I can XDD
Im totally down for monthly! X3 even tho I may not be able to make them *shakes fist* damn you living in another country XDD =_= rofl.
But if they are happening, I will try to make them ^^ June would be wicked!~ And ma' birfday is at the start of it.
Pretty ridiculously booked August - Sept: Otakon, AE, Kumori Con .... @_@
Although by that point I will be living on the mainland probably and at least that will make it easier to get down, no more two hour ferry ride *rejoices*

Looks prolly like a no go for me this next time TT__TT money is just non-existant atm V__V And *any* extra change is going towards Fanime. curses, and I had the perfect cosplay for the theme for once XD

The~Wind
04-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm already done with my costume for this Gasukan. *grins* This shall be so much fun. I shall have a group of assassins with me.

Bredward
04-20-2008, 11:58 PM
I used satin to make the top for my Surge costume. I believe that means that someone owes me a slap on the head.

[But at least I used the prom dress stuff, not the cheap $2 stuff, and I serged it before sewing so I didn't have to deal with it fraying.]

I decided that my Surge costume has priority over finishing the Queen of Hearts one, so I may not have the latter done by Gasukan. I'm debating whether or not I want to bring Surge to the photoshoot.

Kumi-chan
04-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm having a thought (don't get too excited). How about "Timeless" for June's shoot? I think that would fit well with a beach/ocean location. Sands of time, ebb and flow of the waves, etc. etc. I was trying to work something out with "Eternity" but I'm not sure I like that as much.

I'd also like to pick a prop theme for June. May is "blossoms" so the prop is flowers; July is going to be "stars", since Tanabata is usually celebrated in the states on 7/07. Any suggestions for June? The prop theme should be connected to the location and/or emotional theme, and should be something that is easy and cheap to incorporate into anyone's outfit.

cpardo
04-21-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm having a thought (don't get too excited). How about "Timeless" for June's shoot? I think that would fit well with a beach/ocean location. Sands of time, ebb and flow of the waves, etc. etc. I was trying to work something out with "Eternity" but I'm not sure I like that as much.

I'd also like to pick a prop theme for June. Any suggestions for June? The prop theme should be connected to the location and/or emotional theme, and should be something that is easy and cheap to incorporate into anyone's outfit.

"Timeless," ""Sands of time" "ebb and flow"

prop: Water, sand, clock/watch...

The~Wind
04-21-2008, 03:00 PM

This give me an excuse to revive my Sailor Pluto costume. Which means by June I need to style the wig, and make the staff. *giggles*But, with the Timeless theme (possibly) that would be perfect for her.

Kumi-chan
04-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Yay! I've got a morally ambiguous character for the shoot: Nabiki Tendo. I got a new medium brown wig, and I'll be making the summer version of Akane's school blouse so the uniform looks a little different. I just need to stop by the thrift store and pick up a camera that looks like hers. And go through my Ranma galleries and pull up some good shots of Akane and Ranko to print out. I've already got my dad's old calculator (vintage 1987, I think).

Totally Ranma 1/2 this time, I think. Juliet!Akane, of course, Nabiki, and both boy and girl type Ranma. Possibly a new version of Ranma, since I got fabric to do a new top--light blue and sleeveless, the one from the OAV--but most likely the red tunic.

Lady Shinsei
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
WOOT! I might be able to make it to GasuKan for once!

Just gotta figure out what to wear/prop to bring, though. This is going to be fun if I'll be able to do this...

@ Kumi-chan = I loved your outfit at the Cherry Blossom Festival. And have you seen Eric's photos yet? Man, he sure took a lot of you and Dessa.

Omega Corn
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
In sticking to this month's theme, I will be cosplaying Joey Lawrence!

(silence and then booing)

(even those old enough to get the reference start booing)

:walkoff:

SvK
04-23-2008, 12:33 AM
If you do that, I'll be Six LeMeure!

Also, I have found a pretty cheap place to park.
Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=city+centre,+seattle,+wa&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=47.610686,-122.33422&spn=0.001318,0.002511&t=h&z=19)
If you take exit 165 from northbound I-5 (the recommended exit for the Convention Center) the off-ramp joins a regular four-way intersection at an angle. Turn right onto 6th Ave. and get to the left hand lane. Between Union and Pike (nearer to Pike) there is an entrance to a parking garage for City Centre on the left. You can park there all day for $6 on weekends. Take the elevator up to "street level" and head towards the clothing store, not the Starbucks. You can look down Pike Street and see the huge arch over the road just two blocks away.

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-23-2008, 12:45 AM

:crylaugh:

The~Wind
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM

*laughs, just laughs*

Kumi-chan
04-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Omega Corn: Do it!

Lady Shinsei: Thank you. ^^ Yes, I've seen the photos. It's not completely surprising, since we were all hanging out together for several hours and ended up doing our own little photoshoot. I've got a ton of Dessa myself.

cpardo
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM

Ha ha Joey Lawrence...Woah!

Anyway I'm saved from boredom at Gasukan thanks to Kumi-chan. Besides Ranma-Romeo, be on the lookout for "Blue Thunder..."

TsukikoAiko
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
In sticking to this month's theme, I will be cosplaying Joey Lawrence!(even those old enough to get the reference start booing)
*laughs* That...is epic
It turns out due to a twist of fate and lack of an artwork S-ko that I've got 3 costumes to make and 2 to assist making before Kumoricon. (and at least 4 before next Sakuracon) Long story short, I wont be able to make it to any Gasukan meetups T_T

I look forward to seeing the pictures as always!

Lady Shinsei
04-26-2008, 10:58 AM
WOOHOO!

Looks like I'm going to come as a Black Mage (yet my own unique spin on one, utilizing part of my dad's BM costume and some other clever bits).

That's if I'm able to come at all, though. *crosses fingers*

saimon
04-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I have no clue who to cosplay for this Gasukan.
Time is running short too.
D:

garfieldelric
04-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Should I go as Luffy or Naruto? The latter is a bit incomplete- I have no wig!

Kaits
04-29-2008, 01:00 AM
I may actually be able to make this Gasukan. Finally! If so, my brother and I will most likely be L and Light from Death note (I think it even fits with the theme, eh?).

Sadly, no night time shoot for us, but the afternoon sounds lovely. :)

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Will be bringing cookies again.

kelsey uchiha
04-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Sorry~late repy to Panda,but I went to the festival!Actually I kinda saw you XD I think you were with Nai on Sunday?

Anyways,let me just clarify this;Gasukan starts at 12?

And for costume I'll most likely be Sasuke but with a layered pink yukata..(a sad attempt at fitting both themes).

Justke
05-01-2008, 04:56 PM
If we're talking future themes, next March should be smart characters. >_> Why? A certain date happens to fall on a weekend. A certain date involving "pies"...

Pi day XD!!!! We watched a clip of a blind date between e and pi in my math class yesterday, it was so awkward hahahaha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKq6_vjrxMo

Hmmm, I'm still debating what to bring to Gasukan....I've got ANBU, Riku's almost done, punkish Roxas/Riku...hmm~~

Rikkizilla
05-02-2008, 12:51 AM
I forgot if we said that we were coming or not.. but we're coming, as SSBB characters. XD;!

ultimaaa
05-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Pi day XD!!!! We watched a clip of a blind date between e and pi in my math class yesterday, it was so awkward hahahaha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKq6_vjrxMo

And everyone can bring pies! Good idea, y/n?
I've already got a costume planned for it too, if it happens - Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You. =__=; But I'd get to run around shouting stuff like SINE! COSINE! TAAANNNGEENNNT! through a megaphone, which is so zetta awesome.

Almost done my Neku costume myself. Just gotta sew the shorts and wristband, and make the headphones and mp3 player. =D

Kumi-chan
05-02-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm liking this pie idea...particularly the pie part. :D Math was never my strong suit, but I've always done well with baked goods.

So, styled three wigs on Wednesday. Nabiki looks fabulous and extra thick (two $16 wigs sewn together...took me about a week to sew all the wefts in, and am I glad that's over with). I'm planning on wearing it to work on Saturday. Kuno is...full of bangs. Very full. Silly boy. Akane (v.2) has some of the prettiest fiber I've seen on any of my wigs, though the back will eventually need extra wefts to pouf it out more. Not this time, though. Thank goodness the Juliet outfit has a hat.

Also hit up JoAnn's, which is having a 40% off sale on their "Spring Inspirations" silk flowers. Made myself a nice little bouquet for about $10, incorporated 5 or 6 different kinds. Couldn't find Lilies of the Valley, unfortunately; they're the birth flower for May, and I thought they'd be a nice touch. Maybe I can find some real ones at Pike Place or something.

And in talking to one of my coworkers yesterday, I mentioned that I really wished I knew where to get my hands on some yen or fake yen. Turns out she lived in Okinawa for a while and has some lying around at home! Says she'll lend it to me for the weekend. With my calculator and a retro camera I should be good for Nabiki props.

Off again today. Finish Romeo's tunic, tweak the waistband for the pants, and then see if I can make new short sleeves and a new collar for my blouse. I figure it'll be easier for now than making an entirely new shirt.

cpardo: Oh, ho! I know what we're doing for next March, if the theme involves "smart characters". Certain Holmes-obsessed teen detective and his karate-champ gf, sound familiar?
Guess that means I'm bringing lemon pie. (Not a fanfic reference!)

Amidoji
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately things have come up and I don't think we'll be able to make this Gasukan. I was really looking foreward to it, but with gas as it is, I just simply do not have the money for an extra tank this paycheck so I could make the drive to Seattle.

Hopefully next month's will find me in a better position to afford to go. If only this one had ben a week later...

shadownet752
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
And everyone can bring pies! Good idea, y/n?
I've already got a costume planned for it too, if it happens - Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You. =__=; But I'd get to run around shouting stuff like SINE! COSINE! TAAANNNGEENNNT! through a megaphone, which is so zetta awesome.

Almost done my Neku costume myself. Just gotta sew the shorts and wristband, and make the headphones and mp3 player. =D
man didn't that game just come out haha. can't wait to see the costume i love that game sooo much!

shadownet752
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM

Hmmm, I'm still debating what to bring to Gasukan....I've got ANBU, Riku's almost done, punkish Roxas/Riku...hmm~~

^_^ yay pie! and personally i still like the punk roxas half the time and anbu the other half! also what time do you wanna still till? i'm good till whenever!

cpardo
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
cpardo: Oh, ho! I know what we're doing for next March, if the theme involves "smart characters". Certain Holmes-obsessed teen detective and his karate-champ gf, sound familiar?
Guess that means I'm bringing lemon pie. (Not a fanfic reference!)

NEXT CONAN'S HINT: photo!

heh heh.

Anyway looking forward to Romeo costume...

NOW I'm getting excited.

Justke
05-02-2008, 06:12 PM
^_^ yay pie! and personally i still like the punk roxas half the time and anbu the other half! also what time do you wanna still till? i'm good till whenever!

Hmmm, I'm good til whenever too :D I'm gonna ask my other friend if she can go too, and we can do something with her Namine ^^ hahaha.

Kumi-chan
05-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Got two cameras at the thrift store and the bag of yen. And I also got an idea for another prop.

Still have to braid my Ranma wig again, since I unstyled it recently to wash it. Maybe this time I can add some wire into the pigtail so it has a little "lift" to it.

Mina-chan
05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
aa!! I'm going to this Gasukan!! >w<

My friend Ken mentioned the idea of purikura at gameworks, which is just across the street from the convention center :'3 if anyone's interested it would be cool to get a group to go take them (bring loose cash!)

I'll be wearing a purple yukata with pink flower designs, and a pink wig to match the blossoms theme :3

Kumi-chan
05-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Sounds like something fun to do during the dinner break. Count me in.

Just discovered there's a kiosk at the Everett Mall that sells Chinese clothing and accessories. (Which is why I need to explore my new workplace more, I've been there three weeks and only today saw the place. It's not a very big mall.) Found a very pretty silk dress I might wear to dinner/for part of the shoot. Brings the number of actual outfits up to four, which I guess works out pretty well for an extra-long shoot like this.

saimon
05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Whoo!
I finally have a cosplay for tomorrow.
I going to be Kio from Loveless and Ginpatsu will be my Sou-chan (Soubi).

SvK
05-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I just had this horrible thought that Gasukan was on a Saturday this month and I was missing it. Fortunately I was wrong.

Crow711
05-03-2008, 06:30 PM
So I thought for awhile that I wouldnt be coming after all, as my school's prom is tonight, and i figured if i went i wouldnt be waking up tomorrow till around when Gasukan's starting. But, my date got sick. Bad, but good, because now I can go to Gasukan xD

Unfortunately I didnt have time to get a new costume ready, since I didn't think I'd be going, so I guess i'll just try and mend the broken bits of my kiba costume. Still lacking an akamaru though =/

SvK
05-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Wear your prom outfit!

Kumi-chan
05-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Just what I was thinking. Prom is kinda like cosplay for regular folks anyway, isn't it? I remember at AE's masquerade last summer, a bunch of kids did a "Naruto prom" group, dressed up as their characters in formalwear.

If anyone else is doing formal cosplay it would be cool to get a group photo, especially at dinner or during the nighttime portion of the shoot.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Made my cookies, but didn't have too many, so only bringing 16.

Perzephone
05-04-2008, 03:10 AM
I'll be there ^_^ as Shippuuden Sakura! RAin won't stop us! lol The snow didn't during the con thats for sure :P

Seoul
05-04-2008, 05:25 AM
I just heard about theis last week, i want to go! i wonder of its possible ^^; so teird n busy but its sounds like fun! Friends are going and i only see tham twice a year so i think i'll go!

AznTranquility
05-04-2008, 06:48 AM
YESS it'll be sunny!!!

thankyouweatherman <3

and and
i just finished my weapon. sort of.

Perzephone
05-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I saw when I woke up not to long ago!
plus my BF was trying to convince me to go paintballing :P instead of going to this hehe. I chose this :D see you all there!

shadownet752
05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Made my cookies, but didn't have too many, so only bringing 16.
thanks again! those cookies were great!!

Perzephone
05-04-2008, 09:37 PM
I missed the cookies but I t was fun meeting and seeing everyone again ^_^
I'll have the pics done by mid week I am tired lol and I can't wait for the next one ^_^

garfieldelric
05-05-2008, 01:36 AM
So, I can't wait to see the pics!

SvK
05-05-2008, 02:22 AM
That was fun. I enjoyed being a photographer, and I hope you all like the pictures that I will post eventually. I'm still surprised at how many people show up, even from other countries like Canada and Oregon.

Bredward
05-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Did anyone else get sunburned, or was it just me and my practically-albino self? >>

I'm still surprised at how many people show up, even from other countries like Canada and Oregon.
Does this mean that I need a passport the next time I go to Portland?

Perzephone
05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
No sunburn here just was super parched and hungry lol and my foot was hot due to my black ninja shoes that broke :P lol oh well time for a refix ;) I can't wait for another one! That was way to much fun ^_^

The~Wind
05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
No sunburn here... Then again anyone who saw me... I was in a black suit. Though I am inexplainablely sore and rather dehydrated still. *downs water*

I want to see SvK's pictures that he took of my Heero plushie. Those where just amusing as all getout. ^_^

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-05-2008, 11:32 AM
No sunburn here either. Then again, I don't sunburn easily. Anyway, here's my pics:

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/110860/

lilithfire
05-05-2008, 11:33 AM
No sunburn here either. From the sand village, i mean, the tropics and I have a huge fan to shield me from the sun. This was my first Gasukan ever and it was pretty interesting. Got to meet loads of awesome people. :):rockon: Ill be posting the pictures that we took soon! :D

Ritsuko
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
not sunburned, but tape ouchies abound! I hope to get my pics up tonight, and my friend ominae put up pics on his myspace here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=244792865&albumID=953150

Justke
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
err, not sunburnt but I think I hurt my hip trying to get up on the big stone things XDD I tried walking this morning and I almost fell over. hahahaha.

It was so cool meeting new people ^____^ but I wish I'd worn something not so....layered hahahaha. I loved the cookies btw!!!! =]

saimon
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I honestly thought this Gasukan wasn't too fun...but that might actually be my fault for not going around and actually joining people in their fun.

My legs are in extreme pain...mainly from climbing those things, dancing by myself, and walking around Seattle later.

My friend and I took some pictures....I'll post them soon.
I gotta resize them.

SvK
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Apparently Ms. Marvel is evil. You can see it here:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1506244/
Everything on Spidey's side of the photo is bright and shiny, but her side is shadowy and dark. It's not a fluke. I recorded the same phenomenon on my camera several times.

ultimaaa
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I am of the opinion that in the case of needing to acquiring foodstuffs late at night we do our research on places to eat beforehand lest something like what happened at GameWorks happens again. Not that it was really bad, but still annoying. =P

I had fun, like always, but ooohhh man am I sore. D: I think it was from climbing the fountain-thing in the park.

Btw, my roommate did a head count when we were sitting at the top of the huge thing. 80+, not including ourselves and the people she couldn't see, as well as others we knew were in other areas of the park/convention center/downtown that we had seen earlier. So probably over 100 total. =D

The~Wind
05-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I had fun, like always, but ooohhh man am I sore. D: I think it was from climbing the fountain-thing in the park.

Yeah, I know how that is. I'm sore through my shoulders and upper back, so it's a pain and a half to do things right now. Ya know, like go to school. *rubs shoulders*

saimon
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Okay. I finally got all the photos uploaded.
And I'd just like to say I'm not going to upload mass amounts of photos to cosplay.com anymore...such strict photo restrictiveness.
D<
It took forever to resize all those photos to be under 300 kb.
I don't like making photos become smaller and smaller and smaller.
Oi.
Also...after I uploaded them I had just learned out to adjust the lighting so I had to delete them all...adjust their lighting then re-upload them.
Why does cosplay.com have a "delete all photos" option?
Anyway....enough of my ranting...if I keep going I'll complain about how much my pain my legs are in.
D<
Photos: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/110803/p1_oia
Enjoy.

Mina-chan
05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Now I wish I wasn't so embarrassingly late, seems like I missed out on a lot of fun ;A;

it was awesome meeting everyone again tho!! ^^ cya guys next time

Lady Shinsei
05-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Ouchies I acquired: Something weird happened to my hip mid-afternoon yesturday. So if anyone heard me whining whenever climbing stairs, etc. it's because I seriously was in pain. And unfortunately, was still in pain at work today. Yuck.

And on the bus ride home, the stupid bus driver had the heat turned up high on the bus, which is MURDER on someone wearing as much stuff as I was. I felt pretty sick the rest of the night.

@ Moon Flow = At least be glad it's made of pleather. If it was the real-deal, you'd probably have passed out or something.

@Ritsuko = Tape ouchies! Gah, hence why I never wish to use tape for such a purpose. (but I sure need to get something for next con; I don't want a repeat of SakuraCon 2005 when I went bra-less with my Kankuro costume... if anyone looked at me up close, it appeared like Kankuro had man-boobs)

*sniff* I never got any of Kenshin's cookies...

Kumi-chan
05-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Also pretty sore, through my legs mostly. And 100 people, seriously?! That's just unbelievable. What if we keep growing? No pictures of my own, despite the fact that I had three cameras in my box. Two were just props anyway. I seriously need to get to the next one early for once (more on that further down).

Working on plans for next time. I'll have the new thread up by the end of the week. Here's what we've got so far, and what we need to decide:

Themes: "Timeless"/"a shell, or what's left behind"
Setting: Beach

Need to choose:

Date. Weekend is always most convenient. Even once school's out, many of us still work.

Location. A park with a beach and woods would be ideal, preferrably somewhere not too crowded. We've been getting larger each time, so this is mostly about us not getting in the way of the general public (remember the Center House in February?) This means we might have to look outside Seattle. Should have: large, convenient restrooms, lots of parking.

We've had one official shoot in the south, so I'm laying out my suggestion: Kingston and Edmonds, up north here in the Lynnwood/Everett area. Kingston especially is gorgeous.
Photoz: http://kingstonwa.com/photos/photos.htm
The only drawback, if you can call it that, is that to get to Kingston you have to take the ferry. $6.70 for a round trip ticket, a little less for the youth fare, $14.45 for vehicle and driver (I'd probably take my van so I could cart extra costumes and props over for people). But I think it would definitely be worth the small expense and distance.

There's also the beach near the ferry dock in Edmonds, and the town itself has a lot of charm that would make for excellent photos. We'd probably spend some time on the Edmonds waterfront first, give people time to arrive, and then get together for the ferry ride. This probably means that it would be a better idea to carpool than usual, just so we can stay together as a group.
It's a long way for some of you, I know. July or August, we'll probably head south of Seattle again.

I've said it before, but we will be doing another shoot at the UW this summer, and we will be returning to Gasworks for October's shoot (our one-year anniversary; we'll definitely be celebrating) if not sooner. We just need to be sure that wherever we are, they can accomodate a crowd as large as us.

The~Wind
05-06-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm not too picky~ Just tell me where and when.

As I said earlier. I would like the photoshoot to not be the weekend of the 14th and 15th.

Ermm... Yeah, that's about it on my end.

cpardo
05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Ah I only counted about 70 in the main area where we were, not other places, so it COULD be 100-wow.

Le-Sai--Oh yeah Cosplay.com wants their photos shrinked down so much--too much you lose some of the detail. But I'm editing my batch of gasukan cosplay photos now for Cosplay.com, then later I'll post ALL of the photos in larger detail at my photobucket page.

yeah my legs were sore from walking and running around as Kuno chasing the pig-tailed goddess! But that was a fun shoot ha ha.

Yeah that's pretty far up there for the next Gasukan, but I've trekked all the way to Everett on my own--pretty simple. Plus it's possible in the future (June maybe) I won't be so far south any more... So I'm game, especially for the next cosplays coming up!

ultimaaa
05-06-2008, 02:15 AM
I know a number of us were thinking of Gasworks for next month - it's sooner than anticipated, but I think it'd be most convenient. It's close to the Seattle-area, meaning it's accessible to most people, and it can handle the numbers just fine. For the people in school, some of us have finals mid-month so the closer/easier to get there, the better.

As for date... personally, I'm not here past the 14th (going home to Canada for the summer) so before that would be nice. The weekend of the 7-8th maybe? But then again, there's the finals thing, so I dunno how people would feel about that. But I'll say this - it'd be nice having it on a Saturday for once. :P Easier for transit (Sunday bus schedules suuuuuuuck).

lilithfire
05-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Cant wait till the next Gasukan. Im up for anything but I guess the cheaper the better, I suppose. lol.

Anyway, here are my pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lilithfire/Gasukan5

Perzephone
05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
AWESOME pics ^_^ Mine will be up sometime tonight wee!

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Maybe the next one should be at Golden Gardens or Alki Beach.

Perzephone
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
ooo I was going to say that ^_^ lol
oh what about lake washington near seward park? or near the the pit where they have the hydros dock at during seafair? there is alot of parking and there are batrooms and great places to take pics

cpardo
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
It depends if we want a sandy beach, and if we want to be off of a lake or an ocean. An ocean would be more spectacular, especially for photos.

lilithfire
05-06-2008, 12:31 PM
There are some good parks around Kirkland and Bellevue, by the water, good for the next Gasukan's summer theme. Parking is generally free and theres not a lot of people.

Im down with Alki Beach too. That sounds really fun.

OT: My band might be playing at SeaFair! :D

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately an Ocean would be quite far. But Golden Gardens is pretty much all sand.

Ritsuko
05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Definitely interested in coming to the next meet, but not so sure about going over to Kingston. I used to live over in those parts, and am not sure exactly where there is a public beach area near the ferries, public restrooms big enough to encompass as many people as might come, and theres not alot of food choices down in that area without having to drive up the road a ways (especially for people on a budget). But I haven't been down there for a couple of years so maybe it's changed since then?

There are some parks in my area, but I'm not sure that people want to trek this far south (Federal Way). . .

Oh, and also, I'm not sure who was doing it, but could people who bring things into the park leave the park clean? When we left, my friends and I were running around picking up boxes of half eaten cake, masking tape and pixie stick wrappers everywhere. I'm not sure parks will be too keen on continuing to let us have our fun if we leave messes.

@Lady Shinsei: It was only sports tape, so not that bad. At least it wasn't duct tape, or the guy that superglued his mask to his face???(=superhardcore) I could never not wear a bra or support with a costume. . . need that flat man chest!

kelsey uchiha
05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Perhaps Lincoln Park?It has both beach and woods.It's in West Seattle.

Justke
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm liking Alki Beach but I'm up for anything ^^ Golden Gardens or going back to Gasworks looks nice too!

Perzephone
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Oooo I'm liking that idea ^_^

SvK
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Perhaps Lincoln Park?
I love that band!

kelsey uchiha
05-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Ah,a fellow Linkin Park fan XD

Perzephone
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I love that band!

LOL nice I didn't think of that ;)

shadownet752
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
hmmm i really like the idea of a beach theme like a cosplay beach party or something! the theme could represent the start of the summer and i think it would be interesting to see how people might cosplay in swimsuits if it were nice enough! personally i love edmonds beach, and the beach front and surrounding area is very picturesque. there are the docks and the rocky hillsides not to mention a volley ball net if we go bored haha ^_^

Kumi-chan
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Big important rule thingy, before I get into what I really wanted to say: Clean up after yourself, everyone! Ritsuko brought up a very important point, one that I raised after the first GasuKan and that everyone who attends should always keep in mind. We are guests at whatever site we hold our shoots at, and leaving trash on the ground is completely unacceptable. If you are leaving the area for more than a minute (if you're not just running to the bathroom), collect your trash together and if possible, deposit it in the nearest garbage can. If there's not a garbage can nearby, bag it anyway and take it with you when you leave the area. Even if some members of your group are staying behind, do not assume they will pick it up for you. We would like to leave a good impression wherever we go.

I'd also like to talk about keeping pathways clear (especially for people not associated with GasuKan, ie, the general public), but that's for another time.

Big long post thing about upcoming shoot, please bear with me:
Okay, doing some thinking. As far as the themes go, I like leaving them pretty open; that's why I wanted to avoid something like "Beach Party" or "Swimsuits" because not everyone's going to have or feel comfortable doing swimsuit cosplay. Same reason I wanted to stay away from "Pirates vs. Ninjas"; cool as that would be, not everyone has Naruto or One Piece or Pirates of the Caribbean cosplay (a theme in that vein but more flexible would be "Rival Schools", which I could see us doing in September or later).

I like "Timeless", and titles like it, because it's fairly open to interpretation. A few ways I saw it: classic series (always a favorite of mine); eternal love, or couples; immortal characters. "a shell", which was sort of a prop theme, could also refer to a character, someone who's been through a major change and is no longer his or herself (where "or what's left behind" could apply to the people around them, those who were affected by the change).

Anyway, if we were to return to Gasworks, the beach thing wouldn't work anymore. It's on the water, but there's not really a beach to speak of, no long, wide stretches of sand or rocks. Regardless of where we have it, I'd like to do a beach shoot this summer, though it does not necessarily have to be for June. July would be fine too. It would require a reworking of the theme, though. So I came up with another one, which could either be used for June or July, whenever we're next at Gasworks.

Alternative theme: "Homeward Bound"/"On the Road Again".*
Basically, "yay, we're back to our home base!" Should leave it fairly open to any series; it's more about the fact that we, as GasuKan, are returning to where we started.

The second portion is sort of intended to be a prop theme (alternate title: "Road Trip!") What kind of stuff would your character(s) take with them on a journey? It would also be very suitable for characters that travel a lot. And it's a good reference to the start of summer, when a lot of us will be taking vacations: heading home from school, attending far out-of-state cons, etc.

*(Yes I'm a dork for song title references)

What do you guys think? Either one works for me. Actually, I may be a little more partial to "Homeward Bound" for June myself. The costumes I'm working on that would work for that are a lot simpler, while the ones for "Timeless" will take more work.

Lady Shinsei
05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Alki sounds nice, Golden Gardens is kind of gross though.

What about Myrtle Edwards Park? It's near the beach, and has plenty of room (and in my case... seriously easy to get to - I can follow the bike path all the way there from my home). Interesting stuff there for posing on/around, too.

On the topic of food issues: Bring picnic stuff! Or if you're able to, a bento box lunch (I'd certainly hope to try that). Snack foods are a good idea - and of course something to drink. Stuff that's inexpensive and easy to carry.

Bleagh... if it ends up being outside of Seattle and somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, I won't be able to attend. Unless someone with a car would be kind enough to give me a ride, though. *wink-wink*

SvK
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Good citizenship is important. I can remember times that we were distracted while enjoying ourselves and people had to squeeze past us. I'll try to watch for that next time.

saimon
05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
That traveling theme is better than the beach theme I think.
Summer isn't just about beaches...it's about getting out and traveling.

So that theme works great!

I just hope the next gasukan is somewhere I can get to....and I can cosplay for it....and during a time I can go to it.

Amidoji
05-06-2008, 10:45 PM
See here I had been planning a costume for timeless (with the intent of going next montheven if it kills me). I suppose it works for Homeward Bound/On the road again. But it was much funnier when I was going to show up at the beach as a Jedi. *grin*

I don't mind where the shoot is. I have no preference or suggestions.

shadownet752
05-06-2008, 11:00 PM
i like the timeless theme or homeward bound theme as well, although i would like a beach theme sometime this summer as well! while summer isn't about beaches, it's at least about getting some sun! ^_^

being new to gasukan still i wouldn't mind doing it at Gasworks i've seen pictures and it looks really nice, definitely potential for some epic photos!

Bredward
05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
while summer isn't about beaches, it's at least about getting some sun! ^_^
Unless you're me and sun = DEATH. .__.

I'll be bringing massive bottles of sunscreen to the photoshoots this summer regardless of location. D':

I like the idea of Gasworks since the setting will go well with my costumes, but I don't mind waiting until a later month if it's decided to do next month's at one of the other places that's been suggested.

TseUq
05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
SUPRIIIIIISE!!!!~~~~~ XDDDDDD
lol, so yus I *did* in fact make it to this Gasukan *yay* and was super happy to see everyone and meet new peeps 8D It was fantasmicly awesome as always.

Im sorry to all those I lied... erm... friendly fibbed to the last week before Gasukan, saying I wasnt coming... I really didnt/dont have the monays but came anyways XD rofl

But seriously? XD the look on your faces when I said, "yo!" AHA priceless X333

unfortunatly I didnt take any pics at this one XD *fail* yes I know. But I cant wait to keep seeing everyone elses ^^

hmmm June.... well not sure what time I can get off/how much money I will have available after Fanime... but Ill be getting my birthday weekend off from work anyways so possibly around there would be awesome (the 8th?)

and beaches well... y'know.... BC has some lervely Beaches 8DDD *cough*

cpardo
05-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Hmmm...I think it would be better to save "Timeless"/beachside for July. That way we have more time to pick a nice location, and also have a better chance of having good weather for it. "Homeward Bound" at Gasworks would be nice for June. That place is a nice "default" location for Gasukan in between the other upcoming locations, besides being its homebase. I'm all for it.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-07-2008, 12:49 AM
TseUq, you must have shown up after I left I take it?

TseUq
05-07-2008, 01:04 AM
TseUq, you must have shown up after I left I take it?

No I was there XDDD We spoke lol, I was the Misa-Misa in the lolita dress ^^

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Oh. Didn't recognize you at the time. My bad. *turns red*

SvK
05-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Here are about 150 pictures. Let me know if you want a giant version (3200x2400, 3 or 4 MB) or if you want the picture removed because you're making a dumb face or something.

http://svk.angryzero.com/gasukan_5_2008/index.htm

Rikkizilla
05-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Sunday went by so fast!! But it was a lot of fun! Not... much to say! XD;

TSEUQ!!! It was awesome you were able to make it! XD

Hey SvK, may I steal one or two of your pictures? :O!!

Perzephone
05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Nice pics SvK ^_^ and as Rikkizilla asked may I as well ^_^ Plz?

I love the timeless and homeward bound themes ^_^
Also GAsworks works for me.

The~Wind
05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Here are about 150 pictures. Let me know if you want a giant version (3200x2400, 3 or 4 MB) or if you want the picture removed because you're making a dumb face or something.

YAY! Pictures of the Heero!Plushie came out awesome! And I look like a dork in one of your pictures. >< Oh well...

SvK
05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
All are welcome to use my pictures of themselves in their galleries.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
So, any of you guys think you'll be hitting Emerald City Comicon this weekend? I'll be there in a new costume.

Perzephone
05-07-2008, 11:54 AM
oh hell yah! I'm going ^_^ but I dunno if I'll be dressing up

The~Wind
05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
If all goes well, I shall be there... Working the Sakura-Con booth! On Sunday. Saturday I've got plans. I don't know what I'll be wearing. I don't have any costumes that would work... *ponders*Maybe I'll just thrown on costume bits and call it good.

SeattleOtaku
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
In case some haven't seen the post on the SCMB, mine are up in my galleries, with a few stragglers being added in on occasion still.

[ GasuKan 5.0 (http://photos.seattleotaku.com/gallery/4868631_bSz5b) ]

If folks are heading to Emerald City Comic Con this weekend, stop by and say Hi at our Sakura-Con booth. I'm likely to be around. ^_^

Joining in on the official spots, heh.

~ Eric

lilithfire
05-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Those are fantastic photos! Whoever made the big gun is awesome. lol.

Kumi-chan
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Okay, kinda forgot about Emerald City ComiCon (again ^^') but I'm off this Saturday so I'll be there. If I can find a shirt to modify, I'll be coming as Stef from Freakazoid! Anyone want to come as the blue guy himself, or maybe Dexter or Cosgrove?

If not, well, not like I'm short on options. But it'd be nice to have a non-anime, non-Japanese/Chinese cosplay.

And thanks to everyone for the spectacular photos. Panda, if you're lurking around, any way you could add links to them in your head post?

Bredward
05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I'll be at ECCC as Surge from New X-Men on Saturday. Still haven't decided what I'll wear on Sunday.

cpardo
05-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah I'll be at ECCC both days I think to cover the event (I'm press). Can't wear my non-anime costume as I've lost weight and it'll be too big on me. But I may have something new to wear although it's made of weird material, but it's a CLASSIC and fitting for the moment.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-08-2008, 01:33 AM
You can do some anime characters anyway if their shows are manga-based.

hyori
05-08-2008, 03:42 AM
I'll be doing the very lazy and cheap (but not because I want it to be cheap, but because I must be thrifty for Otafest is next weekend) jeans and leather jacket version of X-23 for EC Comicon. Hope to see you guys there (^^)b

PhotoPanda
05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
^_^ Hey all!

Loved the last Gasukan! Epic as always! there was a great turn-out! Got bout 200 Pics all finished and posted on my site! Check em out! take em if you like em! (and if there's any you really dont like let me know so i can remove em)!!

^_^ Let's all thank Kumi-chan for always organizing the Gasukan photoshoots! You're totally my hero Kumi!

Perzephone
05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
I love the pics Jeremy! WOOt

xSnow
05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
So this next Gasukan will be my first time attending, and I have a few friends that are also new coming with me. It would be easier for us if it was in the Seattle area, and not further north, but whatever ends up, we can probably manage.

I like the Timeless/Shell theme a lot better, imo. But that's probably because I have a costume that goes well with the theme (Ash Ketchum) that I want to reuse. -shrug-

Kumi-chan
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Info on the next GasuKan is in the new thread, also here in the Sakura Con forum, under "June photoshoot"; we're going with "Homeward Bound/On the road again". We may do "Timeless" for July, though, since we now have enough time to look for a good beach setting.

I think Ash would go really well with June's theme. He spends the entire series roaming around, doesn't he?

Oh, and I intended to do this earlier, but:

Thank you so much to anyone who contributed to my birthday present! I'm told that some of you helped out with that, and I freaking LOVED it. You guys are awesome.

SvK
05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Who were Spiderman and Miss Marvel? You two were great and I wish to shower you with praise and very large images.

Hitokiri Kenshin
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't know if Spidey is on here, but Ms. Marvel is TheDarkenedElf.

Kaits
05-09-2008, 01:16 AM
I'll be at ECCC on Saturday as Misa. Maybe I'll finally be able to meet up with some of you guys. Gasukan never seems to work out for me.

Perzephone
05-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Hey SvK I dunno if I was imagining this lol but I swore I saw some pics of me in your link :P lol and I went back to save some to my PC at home and I can't find them lol....either that I'm tired :P Bleh lol

saimon
05-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I took my Gasukan 5.0 photos down from cosplay.com.
I instead made a flickr and put them on there.
So much easier.
Here's the new link:
http://flickr.com/photos/26369398@N02/sets/72157604940742198/

Perzephone
05-10-2008, 08:01 PM
is anyone going to the showing of Death note at all? and if so what day? and theater?

Ichigo=15
05-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Here are the pics I took at Gasukan 5.0

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/111515/

I really had fun. I hope you all enjoy.

Perzephone
05-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I know its late but here is my link from my myspace ^_^ and enjoy!
BTW who was that guy who dressed up as Dosu? anyone know?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=14080770&albumId=1691088

SvK
05-16-2008, 02:20 AM
May I recommend Photobucket, or some other image hosting service which does not require an account?

Perzephone
05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
hmm weird I made it public :\ so that everyone can see it :P bleh. I'll up load it to my flikr tonight lol damn. Sorry SvK :\

SvK
05-26-2008, 03:32 AM
I was going to put something in the truck today, but when I opened the trunk it was full of guns from this last photoshoot, so I had to put my cargo in the passenger compartment.

Darkain
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Now that I'm back from my most recent tour around the country, I've had some time to process and upload some of my massive backlog of photos I've had laying around...

Here, have GasuKan 5.0!!

http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_5/gallery/