PDA

View Full Version : We finally get a thread....

*Kumiko_Chan*
04-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Ac-Cubed FINALLY gets a frigin thread...and it's canceled this year, yeah D<

But, I guess we can look on the bright side and know that Ac3 DOES have it's own thread now...

Perhaps plan for 2009 then, eh? xD
But I imagine none of us can plan that far ahead for cosplays that we constantly change. xD

Jerseymilk
04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Ac-Cubed FINALLY gets a frigin thread...and it's canceled this year, yeah D<

But, I guess we can look on the bright side and know that Ac3 DOES have it's own thread now...

Perhaps plan for 2009 then, eh? xD
But I imagine none of us can plan that far ahead for cosplays that we constantly change. xD

Oh I can! I can! :toothy:

Nefer
04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Ya, indeed, that's sad, I wanted to find more con to go this year too! As for 09, well... There's WorldCon that is coming as well, so I may just use that costume (if I manage to find the time AND money to do so that is!). Otherwise I dunno, I'll probably re-use my Aion, and I'd like to make a Yue since Card Captor Sakura will be 11 years old! Probably an Ayame from Fruits Basket as well, and if I EVER managed to make all those costumes, then Caterina from Trinity Blood, but it will be more than likely put on hold for 2010! Wow, go plans!

Vicky Janelle
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm going as Princess Peach and maybe Mr. L from Super Paper Mario.

KittyCanuck
04-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Looks to me like it has it's own forum now, actually, though this is currently the only thread in it so far. ^_~

DireKitty
04-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Suppose not too many threads will be made here in this forum as it's canceled.

Shame as I went to Ottawa last year and had a lovely time. It's such a nice city.

Yukinosama
04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Woh.. wait.. why is it canceled this year?! The one year I'll actually be able to make it and it's canceled.. that's not cool.

EgnirysFaye
04-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Woooohoooo!!!! It's own thread! Even though it's cancelled! But..at least Canadian conventions are finally getting noticed right? At least it's a good step.

Shucks though, AC-Cubed was a lovely convention...I was so pleased to see so many beautiful cosplays in Ottawa!

I have cosplay ideas for 2009, so I suppose we shall see when it comes to planning.

@Yukinosama, to answer your question:

"There has been a lot of speculation and rumour on the message boards recently regarding the future of AC-Cubed. I would like to formally announce what is truly going on.

For a number of reasons, we would like to formally announce that AC-Cubed will be taking a year break. There will be no AC-Cubed 2008. The reasons include problems finding a suitable location, to problems in staffing.

AC-Cubed's parent organization, SOAP will not be closing down. They will be working on a number of smaller events over the next year in leiu of the convention. It is hoped these events will rebuild the energy and enthusiasm that AC-Cubed needs if we hope to continue its growth and success.

Anybody who was interested in joining the staff for 2008 is still encouraged to join SOAP. Working on SOAP's other events will build experience and confidence to handle a large undertaking like AC-Cubed. It will be the best way to rebuild our team.

We hope this is the right decision and please know that it was not one made lightly. A lot of thought and soul searching went into this decision. AC-Cubed has been a continuing success and we feel this would be the best action to continue this success.

We are sorry to all our supporters, including the fans, sponsors and vendors. We hope this is a temporary measure."

From www.ac-cubed.ca

*Kumiko_Chan*
04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Yea...I have cosplays plans for 2009 as well. But it's long away and who knows for sure, right.
But since Ac3 is canceled this year, than perhaps the plans I had for this year will move to 2009 xD

Ryocha
04-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Personally I really like the smaller events; it gives off a different feel compared to larger conventions and it makes it easier to meet people I find. :3

But I will miss AC3 this year. ;_; A small part of my heart broke off when I found out it was on hiatus.

The*Fallen*One*
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
WOOT! AC3's own thread..

*ahem*

I am planning on a few different costumes for the '09 con season, some more intricate, some fairly simple. I am always looking forward to making new costumes for various events.

aliceinbox
04-05-2008, 07:41 PM
wow .. just noticed too bad it's canceled this year :(

ifm2181
04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Yay for our own forum here.
Boo for not having AC³ '08 when I'll actually have a cosplay for it.

KazeSwordsman
04-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Alleluya!AC3 thread:rockon:

Too bad that this year's cancelled but look in the bright side,if u may want to wear a cosplay thats gonna take lots of time to make for the con,u got it(I gues thats one good point)Me for example,im cosplaying Ovan from .hack//G.U.(With Lost Weapon and big left arm)which is gonna take months of preparation and brainstorming and fabrics and of course,money for it.

let's hold it together till '09:skidude2:

ky--Ice--
04-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Woohoo!

DJ_Izumi
04-21-2008, 11:13 AM
So do I posed SOAP ottawa stuff here or in the Canada section? XD

ky--Ice--
04-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I suppose that would be here?

*Kumiko_Chan*
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
So do I posed SOAP ottawa stuff here or in the Canada section? XD

Yar. Here.
SOAP does run Ac3 after all xD

DJ_Izumi
04-23-2008, 01:41 PM
True, but this isn't the SOAP forum and SOAP doesn't exist soley for AC3. SOAP is 9 years old, AC3 is only 4 years old. :)

Julia_Mica13
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
To bad it's canceled this year. At least I have a year to prepare!
Where is the AC3? I've never been to a convention so I don't know how to be a part of it. Help?