PDA

View Full Version : Evanescence

Arisa
06-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Who here likes Evanescence? I LOVE Evanescence *-* Especially Everybody's Fool, Going Under, My Immortal, and Bring Me to Life. I also really like Hello. ^^

AshleyV
06-17-2003, 08:08 PM
I greatly enjoy their music! So many of there songs are my favorites. Anywhere, Whisper, You, Tourniquet, Bring me to Life, and Haunted just to name a few of my favorites.

Michi
06-17-2003, 08:24 PM
My friend burned me their CD. It's very good when you're in the mood for it. My favorite song is Tourniquet. ^_^;

Koiji Shugotenshi
06-17-2003, 08:30 PM
I personaly think Evanescence have the potential to write great music, and the singer's voice is just incredible, but the electric guitar and the drum just ruins everything...

Velvy
06-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Amy Lee has the best singing voice ever, "Hello" how she goes high on those last few notes--beautiful.

Evanescence is my 2nd-favorite band.

Arisa
06-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Haunted scares me. Reminds me of stuff. **shudders** But I still love it. ^^

mughi3
06-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Evanescence......

wants to be lacuna coil when they grow up....
:D

seriously check out lacuna coil and nightwish if you like Evanescence. they are far better bands

http://www.lacunacoil.it/eng/index.htm

http://www.nightwish.com/

pakachu420
06-19-2003, 12:41 AM
bring me to life iss awsome!!
i've only heard whats played on the radio though
so i cant really judge where i'd put them on my "fav. bands list"

Ymecy
06-19-2003, 10:46 AM
I love Evanescence they have great songs, I like the songs too.
hehe I remember I had to do a song project for my english class, I had to pick a song and do research on it. So I picked Evanescene's Going Under.

Babbit_Chan
06-19-2003, 11:06 AM
I've only listened to Bring Me to Life and Haunted, but I have to say Amy Lee's voice IS something. Too bad there are better :D

BlueLady
06-19-2003, 12:35 PM
It will be interesting to see if they grow or disappear. They seem to flake on alot of concerts which is a bad thing. I think they have the potentiaal to become something great, but it sems alot of their songs sound very similar to one another. * sits back and wiats for the next CD*. It would be interesting to hear some of their older stuff as well.

RadicalDreamer
06-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I agree with Mughi3. Check them out.

evaneko
06-20-2003, 07:44 AM
they are ok in small doses and if you are in the mood. amy lee's voice is amazing- but for the most part all of their songs are just too similar. it will be interesting to see if they are just a passing fad or if they will hang around.

ainslye
06-20-2003, 09:52 AM
I love Evanescence.. however, the airplay is getting to me. At any point in time, you can surf through the "alternative" and the "soft rock/pop" stations and find it playing on 3 of the 5 at the same time. Over-played music starts to grate on my nerves. It's still a good song, I just need to listen to the radio less. :)

lunasreincarnat
06-20-2003, 09:20 PM
they ok... even though they sorta copied my fav band -.- but i own there cd and listen to it...

Luludoll
06-25-2003, 02:45 AM
I saw them in concert They were incredible! I like both evanescence and Lacuna coil they are both very OPERATIC like Rammstein with female leads.

Kurenai
07-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Luludoll -- that operatic factor is awesome :D

Yeah, I agree that Amy Lee has a great voice. The way the songs are written are GOOD, but after a while they all tend to blend together.

I do enjoy the sound...I wish more bands had soulful, beautiful voices (especially the rarer female ones, they sound really good with rock)

They seem like they're written with a lot of emotion behind them (or they're written well to serve the general angsty-side of the populace and make money, one of the two :p)

Someone also pointed out to me that the instruments are too loud for Amy's pretty voice and that ruins their sound a little. It's really hard to pick up on, but once I listened for it, I heard what they meant.

So what are some of these other bands that we should check out? Lacuna coil....any more?

mughi3
07-06-2003, 01:33 AM
So what are some of these other bands that we should check out? Lacuna coil....any more?
good bands with female singers?

well other than lacuna coil-
. Tarja Turunen (Nightwish)
. Kimberly Goss (Sinergy)
. Martina Astner (Alas)
. Elisa Martin (Dark Moor)
. Doro Pesch (Warlock)
. Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
. Sabina Classen (Holy Moses)
. Liv Kristen (Theatre of Tragedy)
. Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering)
. Ann Boleyn (Hellion)
. Lana Lane (solo artist)
. kuro neko (onmyo-za)
. keiko terada (show-ya)

:cheers:

Kurenai
07-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Awesome, thanks! I've never heard of any of 'em so thanks for the heads up ^_^

Odin
07-07-2003, 06:52 PM
I love Evanescence . . .and yes, while all of the songs can sound similar to each other, each song still has a particular unique "sound." My top three favorites are definitely Imaginary, Hello, and Bring me to Life. Amy's voice sends chills down my spine.

I've recently made a music video using "Hello" and the anime "Voices of a Distant Star." It turned out a lot better than I expected . . . if anybody is interested in seeing it, email me. The file's about 6.6 megabytes. It isn't the highest quality, but it's okay.
-Odin

SwEeT_CaNdY
02-05-2004, 05:57 PM
strage... i love evanescence, but i don't like nightwish... sound too lyrical to me... i want something that saounds like a choir but still rock ya know? althout i love classic and choir =))

Kitsune-sama
02-05-2004, 06:08 PM
^__^ ooooh, me likey Evanescence!! In fact, that's what I'm listening to right now...

Susumari
02-06-2004, 10:08 AM
some songs are really good. and some just sound really horriable to me.

Dewy
02-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I really like them, even though sometimes it sounds like they're simply putting pretty words together to make it sound nice, without even knowing what they're talking about...that's alright...I love the sound, it inspires me to draw. Hopefully I can see them in concert in Boston. <3

Arc_The_Lad
02-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Evanescence isn't that great, but its alright.

Sparks Padfoot
02-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Me, Like evanescence no, i love them. I have the cd and I know all the songs and it is all because of Moonie Padfoot. I miss moonie...Shiku shiku

Kia
02-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Evanessence has some really nice songs, especially some of the original tracks from their Origins cd (which was their demo disk) If they ever make a follow up album it would be nice to hear a few of the unreleased Oringins tracks on it. ^_^

Anele
02-07-2004, 01:10 AM
*nods* I think I heard some of those tracks you speak of. One of my (if not THE) favorite Evanescence songs: MY IMMORTAL. :D

Morrissey
02-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Not that good. Though, considering allot of the music out there I guess they aren't horrible. With the exception of a female singer, they sound allot like those whiny rock bands out there like Disturbed, Linkin Park etc.

JacksUsername
02-07-2004, 11:38 AM
I love "My Immortal" . I like a bunch of the songs, but for some reason, I usually can't listen to it for too long, her voice is beautiful, but I can only take it in limited quantities. x_x

angryBAZ
02-07-2004, 11:43 AM
very good vocals. but another good band with female lead...in fact all females and sisters is the eyeliners. another one that is pretty good is angry amputees

nothing
02-07-2004, 11:58 AM
If you like evanesance you should check out Lacuna Coil.