PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay *ideas* for 2009?

EgnirysFaye
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I hope people don't mind if I post this...please be kind otherwise!

But ah well, just a general question - What do you believe your general cosplay plans/desires are for 2009? We all know already that it would be hard to have a threads based on specific costumes for 09' AC3 since minds or events of daily lives change.

Sooo, why not just make it more general on what might happen for the year 09', which could lead to possible cosplays for AC3 itself. Everyone has mentioned ideas but never specificed eh?

Vicky Janelle
04-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm going as Princess Peach from Super Mario Bros. and maybe Mr. L from
Super Paper Mario or Racoon Luigi.

Jerseymilk
04-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Well I'm always planning ahead about future cosplays. A lot of it is because there's so many awesome characters I love that I want to be, combined with my mind constantly going. XD Right now I'm only working on my Hitsugaya for the upcoming LARP along with doing a wig for a fellow member, so my focus is all on that.

I have at least 6 future cosplays lined up, but due to budget and time issues, I'll likely only be able to work on 2 a year. Though part of that is also because I don't like to rush my costumes and am a stickler for accuracy. There's also whatever character I'm portraying in my group's yearly LARP. Obviously I have no idea what we'll be doing for 2009 yet though. XD

*Kumiko_Chan*
04-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Hmm...I think I might be cosplaying from Air Gear and Shippuden xD
..but it could change depending on what I end up liking in the next year and some

Ryocha
04-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Asking me what I want to cosplay is like asking what the weather will be like for tommorow. I won't know, and if I do, I'll give you a bunch of answers and hope to dear god one of them was right.

I really, really want to do Ryusei Date from the Super Robot Wars franchise however, but I think I'de feel more comfortable doing said costume after completing a few more costumes before it. Rodoreamon from Simoun is one on my list, as well as Kallen Stadtfeld from Code Geass. And now there's a girl in the new Macross Frontier series I want to attempt. >_> And then there's Bridgett or Filia from Prism Ark...

I'll stop rambling now. ;_; *shuts up*

Jerseymilk
04-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Ah you young'uns and your fickle little natures....you want to cosplay from whatever the latest series is you see. Just no decisiveness I tell you. *shakes head* XP

Drakkos
04-06-2008, 05:59 PM
hmm maybe King Kitten from Gurren LAgann

EgnirysFaye
04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
@ Ryocha: Well that is the point my dear XD It's about what cosplays you want to do for the future, no one has to be sure! Any guesses are close enough.

Everyone seems to have a pretty good listing so far too. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do..alot of ideas for this year ended up being pushed up for later. I still want to do Fuu from Samurai Champloo, Moro/Maru from XxxHolic, Atan Hadas from Threads of time, someone else from Trinity Blood, Fire Emblem, Elizabeth I, Kaylee from Firefly...yeah I should stop now hahaha. I'm sure more will pop up *cough* and reuse loved outfits of course.

Nefer
04-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Hmmmm... I'm not sure yet what I'll make for 09, though my plans are:
Yue (Card Captor Sakura)
Ayame (Fruits Basket)
Caterina (Trinity Blood)

I'll probably make one or two of the above, though really not sure about all three (since the biggest convention I attend is AN with only 3 days, and I'd like to wear my Aion cosplay again as well...)

jusdepomme
04-07-2008, 06:13 PM
it's a bit far away but I'll probably wear the same costume I'll be wearing at World-con

EgnirysFaye
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Wootyness, another Caterina!

Nefer
04-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Eheh...well, that really depends if I'll have the time, and more than likely if my mother will still want to help me out with sewing (so clumsy, not a good idea to do it alone... Though red blood spots on red outfit isn't too bad I guess XD)

Jerseymilk
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I notice there's seems to be a lot of local people planning cosplays from Chrono Crusade lately. That includes myself since one of my future costumes is Satella Harvenheit. Makes me want to get a group of us together. XD

Nefer
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, I wouldn't mind wearing my Aion cosplay again in 2009 or even do a skit if some are interested ^^

And perhaps the fact that there's going to be two people who worked on Chrno Crusade at Otakuthon this year help a bit in raising chrno crusade cosplay interest, though dunno, may be a completely random factor as well (more than likely it is).

ifm2181
04-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I'll probably stick with what I have since it's been so much work to make a single one. XD

EgnirysFaye
04-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, good luck on it either way ^_^ \/

I like the idea of a Chrno Crusade gathering, wherever it may be. I wasn't expecting one at all in the first place, but if one pops up I won't complain! It be grand to meet other Chrno Crusade cosplayers.

So I'll go along with a group no prob, whether in Otakuthon or up in 2009 (Any excuse to reuse cosplays is good enough for me lol)

KazeSwordsman
04-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's a list of my future cosplays that i want to make:

Suman Dark(With innocence active) - D.Gray-Man
Lavi(New uniform version) - D.Gray-Man
Epic Cosplay: Ovan - .hack//G.U.
Aaroniero Arleri(With mask) - Bleach
Lancer - Fate/Stay Night
Yamato - Naruto
Dead-Bone Brook - One Piece

EgnirysFaye
04-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Some good choices you have there!

*Kumiko_Chan*
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Well, good luck on it either way ^_^ \/

I like the idea of a Chrno Crusade gathering, wherever it may be. I wasn't expecting one at all in the first place, but if one pops up I won't complain! It be grand to meet other Chrno Crusade cosplayers.

So I'll go along with a group no prob, whether in Otakuthon or up in 2009 (Any excuse to reuse cosplays is good enough for me lol)

Yar, Chrono is still in my future cosplay plans. So I guess ...Ac3 2009 xD

EgnirysFaye
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Haha awesome XD I'm so happy to see more current and future Chrno Crusade cosplayers popping up.

ky--Ice--
04-21-2008, 07:19 AM
*Does fangirl dance*

Hm, we are still disgusing plans. My (cosplay) partner and I are fighting over who goes as an Elvis-look alike and who goes as creepy goth guy with Make-up (Ryu & Faust VIII from Shaman King)... I will probably bring my Ren costume again (oh the Friday night dancing shall go on!), and force Kirlata to go as Horo again XD. She doesn't want to do it though; that wig was hell.

What else... ooh, I'll probably bring ma Aeris from VG Cats (oh god... I'm NEVER doing an anthro costume again) and Pantsman (our costumes for Anime North), and a friend I met last year as Leo... Our group cosplay is planned to be... Sonic? I'm trying to convince them to do Shaman King, as always.

Ronnie and Heather (who went as tall Ed and short Winry from FMA) plan to do Naruto and Hinata. Jace plans to do Yoh Asakura (Shaman King) again, as well as another cosplay he hasn't announced yet... though I think it's Van from Escaflowne.
Glen and Trenton haven't announced their keep yet, though it might have to do with Hellsing, and I think Jordan said Beserker?

EgnirysFaye
04-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Van from Escaflowne? If he really is cosplaying him, as well as actually getting to witness it...I'm SO glompling him!

ky--Ice--
04-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Hehe, I'll let you know when we know for sure. (And might I add, he makes a very good-looking Van)

EgnirysFaye
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
I can't believe I actually spelled "glomping" wrong..heh. Anyway, at most it would be a hug ^_^

Ah, thanks for tempting me even moreso! *Shakes fist*

Lanna_Waterdrop
05-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Hmm. . . Chichiri From Fushigi Yuugi is definatly one of them, if I finally get my wig. Maybe Link from Twilight Princess and. . . . Either Seto Kaiba or Nougami Neuro.

ky--Ice--
05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Which Seto outfit would would you be doing?

I just recruted two more~
One of them wants to do someone (probably Mugen) from Samuri Champloo... And the other... I have no idea. Maybe Renji, he said.

Lanna_Waterdrop
05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
His Battle City Outfit. The White and red one. ^_^

ky--Ice--
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Ooooooohh <3.

I want to skip the next year >.>

EgnirysFaye
05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Mugen??? Gah, I'm starting to really like the sound of your group.

hack7oriole
05-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Hopefully one of the clow cards from CCS. Sounds kind of old, but at least it won't be one of the mainstream costumes that everyone wears. Sweet! That may involve actually cosplaying a more feminine character XD (haven't done that yet, even though I'm female).

I can't wait to see all the Chrono Crusade costumes! *glomping time for Chrono <3*

EgnirysFaye
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Clow Card cosplays are awesome :D I actually don't see them as often personally.

sasori-neltu
06-08-2008, 01:24 AM
do the log ( ntas)

Mana Are I
06-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I may cosplay as Mia again, or possibly what I'm getting done for AN '09.

ifm2181
06-14-2008, 10:55 PM
When/if AC3 happens again, I'm reusing Roy because it's so cool.

eebanee
06-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Man, theirs no way I'd be able to tell you at this point. XD My mind is racing so fast with cosplays ideas that it hurts now XP Ill probably have my Zelda cosplay by then and my Nami cosplay, also my Invader Zim group and Tifa cosplay... Ughhh I can go on forever with my horrible planning and ideas.... XD

EgnirysFaye
06-23-2008, 11:28 PM
lmao it happens to the best of us.

Hamano Ayumi
07-17-2008, 02:02 AM
*gets the thread going again*

I might be doing Kamui from TRC that year with a friend doing Subaru, or maybe Sheena from ToS, it depends. ^^

Shukakachi
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
This con will be a good opurtunity for me to cosplay as the Mirror Card, atleast, if I'm going, that is. (currently sewing cosplay) Still have to decide if I want to.

*Kumiko_Chan*
07-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Mhmm. Mhmm.
2009 is way to far ahead.
But I still really want to do Chrono.
Perhaps some KHR and DGM.

But...too far, too far ahead...even now for FanExpo I am still not exactly sure xD

Wizardmon
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I'll probably go in the Umbreon[Pokemon] Fursuit I'm making for Anime North '09 because I'll be too lazy to make a new cosplay :P

Ami Waterdrop
07-26-2008, 04:17 AM
I'll be going with Lanna_Waterdrop (my big sis. . lol) and I know for a fact I'll be cosplaying Princess Midna from twilight princess, so, I'm sorry if it becomes a spoiler for anybody ><

As for the other days. . I have absolutely no idea who. . . because I don't wanna be midna all weekend! lol

KazeSwordsman
07-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I'll probably pull off my Meta Human Knight cosplay for AC3 but if i dont feel like it i'll do Pein to finish off my Naruto cosplays

EgnirysFaye
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Sweet! New recruits!

Mmhm, now I'm starting to think of doing someone from D-Gray and whatnot for that year..we shall see.

sasori-neltu
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
im doing sasoi pupet form its gona be litil expesix (wounderflex dame you)

sasori-neltu
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
why dosent some one do om frome air gear , or ray frome Eureka 7
or one of the arancars frome the new chapters of bleach.

Ryocha
08-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Prepare to get hugged, then.
Roy is so underloved.

And my plans have changed - I'm taking into consideration doing Ribbons Almack from Gundam 00 (with my friend as Alejandro), and possibly Interstella 5555. :toothy: If all goes as planned.

Drakkos
08-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Gundam For me :P

memorexia
08-21-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm thinking Lavi from D-Grey Man, RomeoxJuliet, or but I really want to do Haruko Haruhara from FLCL.

EgnirysFaye
08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Woooot Lavi XD

*Kumiko_Chan*
02-23-2009, 02:21 PM
My friends and I are doing epic versions of Sora, Riku and Axel for Ac3 this year, gahaha!! We have a possible Roxas with us as well. It'll be awesome. We can't wait to do it!

sorapaopuboy
02-25-2009, 11:34 AM
KH2 Sora and Roxas. My friends are also considering going as the vocaloid group, and i'll be kaito n-n we're going to naru2u as well

Ryocha
02-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Updates and whatnot, but I want to try getting a Hetalia group for AC3'09 if all goes as planned. :D I'll either be doing Hungary or Lithuania.

Ribbons will be worn again, hopefully. Maybe even Jacuzzi? It's all so up in the air. x_x

Jerseymilk
02-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Updates and whatnot, but I want to try getting a Hetalia group for AC3'09 if all goes as planned. :D I'll either be doing Hungary or Lithuania.

Ribbons will be worn again, hopefully. Maybe even Jacuzzi? It's all so up in the air. x_x

Ya'll just want an excuse to do the yaoi thing!

*Kumiko_Chan*
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM

I shall consider cosplaying Prussia Ac3! xD

eebanee
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I basically canceled most costumes since I finally cut my hair to donate. Ill most likely be doing some guy with short brown hair XD
I wish I could get my friends to do a group with me (Or my brothers) But they never plan a head and wait till the last sec to tell me their not coming or they need help making their costumes...
Maybe for AC3 we will FINALLY have are pokemon group put together XD

alchemy_girl
03-17-2009, 11:29 AM

I am so glomping you! I love Roy (not as much as Ed), but still hug-worthy!

Hope you won't mind getting hugged by an Exorcist (If I get the darn thing made!).

X.A.V.I
03-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I saw South Park a few nights ago, and made me want to try cosplaying, The Coon, and Mysterion. :)

penguin
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Well there's a small possibility a friend of mine will help me do a dream cosplay --- a prinny!!

If that falls through, I'll probably re-use my Yuri from Tales of Vesperia cosplay I'll be bringing to AN and Otakuthon.

EgnirysFaye
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow, technically (assuming AC3 is in Nov) there is already 7 months left until it comes back.

Ah, it pays to be busy.

Midli
04-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Well there's a small possibility a friend of mine will help me do a dream cosplay --- a prinny!!

If that falls through, I'll probably re-use my Yuri from Tales of Vesperia cosplay I'll be bringing to AN and Otakuthon.

PRINNY DOOD!

Midli
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Also ill be cosplaying as GuyCecil. or if all fails AfroAnon again :P

KikiItemri
04-18-2009, 01:52 AM
If AC3 happens this year, I plan on going as either Ryou Bakura or Malik/Marik Ishtar. Well, that's unless I get another cosplay done by then.

Midli
04-18-2009, 05:22 AM
or for something out of nowhere ill be going as the heavy weapons guy from tf2

milk-kohi
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
For sure I'll be Ciel from Kuroshitsuji! ^0^ Don't know which outfit though... I think my Ciel closet will probably explose by then. Dx

meltingmirror
04-22-2009, 03:21 PM
hrm.. still undecided right now but I will probably have something from kuroshitsuji either soma, agni or beast other than that I don't know.

hack7oriole
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
hrm.. still undecided right now but I will probably have something from kuroshitsuji either soma, agni or beast other than that I don't know.
Ohh! You should go as Soma so I can hug you xD (I luuuvz Soma <3 )

meltingmirror
04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Ohh! You should go as Soma so I can hug you xD (I luuuvz Soma <3 )

lol. hugs* I may be wearing it at AN so keep an eye out if our there.

al-bhed-gurl
05-20-2009, 11:22 AM
i'll probaby pull out
Talho again...

XI Sai IX
05-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Aaaaahhhh! I hope AC-3 comes back! >_<~! I misses it so much!
Plus I've been surfing the web like crazy to get at least the smallest hint that AC-3 might be coming back, with no luck.
It's like all AC-3 and SOAP sites have been abandoned o.o.
Anyways! If it does come back, I'm def going as the Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji.
But the other is a debate between Eric Lecarde and Len Kagamine (With Sammy as my Rin).
We'll see~!
@ meltingmirror: were you that extremely awesome Agni at AN? o.O If so I saw you, but my shoes destroyed me too much to chase and compliment your costume.
Nor did I have my blackberry on me >_<~!!!!

al-bhed-gurl
05-28-2009, 11:32 AM
blah.... >.> Anime North Killed me.... Okays I decided to Retire my Talho for awhile. until i save my boots from murdering my feet again... +__+ So I think I might go as Ayu Tsukimiya, If i can find the material's fast enough '-.-

EgnirysFaye
06-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Really hope it does return this year - wonder what kind of venue it will be at this time?

Kind of decided now that I might reuse a cosplay from last year in 2008, or go as Tyki, Road or Amber from this year (It is so fun to wear that dress!).

Good old mind changing, lmao.

P.S Glad I was not alone in the world of cosplay shoe foot pain...

hack7oriole
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
P.S Glad I was not alone in the world of cosplay shoe foot pain...

Oh cosplay shoe foot pain...I ended up wearing 3 inch heels, because I couldn't find anything else that I could easily use as a base for my boots >.<. I feel everyone's pain with regards to uncomfortable shoes. My blisters back up that statement xD

@XI Sai IX : The SOAP site is getting a few more posts about AC3 in the last couple weeks, but unfortunately there's really nothing that indicates it's fate...we're all trying to throw in ideas, but whether or not they're helpful or plausible remains a mystery O.o

EgnirysFaye
06-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Riinou - Good old cosplay shoes XD; Blisters and foot pain, being a pleasant cosplay souvineer. Deffinatly will be investing in Dr Scholls this year (It appears that I am not learning, wearing heels again...) I also saw this rub on stuff at the store today that helps prevent blisters, curious if it actually works?

*Hang in there AC3*

The*Fallen*One*
06-04-2009, 09:53 AM
We at SOAP are working on getting AC3 back up and running, and we appreciate all the help and well-wishing that you have been giving us. All I can tell you is that we are working on it, and watch the site for any new info.

There will be another SOAP party happening on June 20th at Carleton University's Tory Building, 2-9pm. (Same spot as all the other parties) Cost is only $5 to get in, and there will be Anime, Gaming, 3 videogame tournaments (Pinball Hall of Fame, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Street Fighter IV), Manga-Mad-Libs, Dub This! and Anime Jeopardy! Plus there will be The Comic Book Shoppe and Toys on Fire in the Dealers' Room, as well as FREE table space for you artists out there who want to sell their wares, as well as tables available if you have any old Anime/Videogame items you wish to sell yourself!

For those of you who really want to help and get AC3 up and running, we are always looking for new volunteers to help us out at our events. There will be a SOAP meeting on June 20th at 12pm in 360 Tory (Carleton U.), held before we set up everything for the party. Anyone interested in helping out is welcome to attend.

jusdepomme
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
The*Fallen*One, could you please tell Shana (if she is still organizing the masquerade) that she still have my support and I can help her if she needs it. I've sent her a email after AC-Cubed 07 and I kinda lost it ... :S

The*Fallen*One*
06-04-2009, 05:40 PM
The*Fallen*One, could you please tell Shana (if she is still organizing the masquerade) that she still have my support and I can help her if she needs it. I've sent her a email after AC-Cubed 07 and I kinda lost it ... :S

I will tell her. Though you can always send an E-mail to info@ottawa-anime.org for any and all questions about volunteering for SOAP events.

EgnirysFaye
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm really glad that there is something up and going on, and there is real appreciation to all those working hard on making AC3 possible. Wish I could help somehow but I have too many schedule conflicts with things like work >.>