PDA

View Full Version : Death Note Cosplay!

srslyriot
04-07-2008, 12:18 AM
My friends and I are going to participate in a convention later this month. This will be our very first. At first we decided on going as a jrock group, but since outfits for jrock bands would be hard for us this time around - we are going with Death Note characters. We have clothing that would match these characters perfectly, so this is the better choice.

L Cosplay Q:
As far as his long sleeved shirt, is it white or is the color a pale blue grey?
For shading around the eyes, should one wear black eyeliner or smudge grey liner around the eye?
In addition, should it smudge around the whole eye?

Misa Amane Q:
Is it okay for the cosplayer of Misa to have blonde hair? Or should it be dyed?

Gingernut
04-07-2008, 09:57 AM
L's shirt is white, and I'd suggest wearing black eyeliner under your eyes, smudged slightly. The dark shadows around his eyes are from lack of sleep, so they should just look like really dark bags under your eyes.

As for Misa, blonde hair is good, assuming you're going as anime/manga Misa. Misa from the movies has black hair, but I'd say that you'd be better off with blonde.

srslyriot
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
^_^ Thank you for the advice.

I will have my friend do my eyeliner. We are both good with eye makeup but she's better at smudging and such. I'm better with defined lines.

Blonde haired Misa is perfect, as my friend's hair is blonde naturally and is the same length as Misa's.

Gingernut
04-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Glad I could help! (:

Starlit Rose
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
For L's eye make-up, if you wanted it to look more REALISTIC, bags under the eyes would be what you want, but if you wanted it to look more manga/anime-esque, you could use more defined lines. I myself went with the defined lines since they have a particular shape to them, but it looks REALLY good with the defined lines and a soft smudge underneath it.

srslyriot
04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Mm maybe my friend and I will both work on it and combine the two looks. As for my skin, I'm part Native American, so I'm naturally tan. Gothic Powder from Hot Topic will fix that up. And some black colored hairspray too. (I have blonde hair on either side of my face. The rest is espresso brown)

bandXaided
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Mm maybe my friend and I will both work on it and combine the two looks. As for my skin, I'm part Native American, so I'm naturally tan. Gothic Powder from Hot Topic will fix that up. And some black colored hairspray too. (I have blonde hair on either side of my face. The rest is espresso brown)
don't use the hairspray, or at least try it out first to make sure it won't rub off XO

srslyriot
04-07-2008, 09:11 PM
i've used the hairspray before, for Halloween. It only comes off on your hands if you touch it excessively. And it doesn't take the color off. It just stains your hands until you wash them.

Thank you for the adive though. Losing my hair color and being L with blonde would be bad. =0

But, I might go with a demi-permanent black dye anyway. I just have to see what my dad will buy. We are short of $.