PDA

View Full Version : Everyone enjoy Line-Con 08?

Sho_Saisyu
04-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Dante from AD2008 here. I loved the two hour registration line. I also love how it got switched up.

I also enjoyed them having lost my registration and having to produce e-mail proof of registration - I registered online, only to find that they had made a typo on my name and held me up at registration for 2 hours.

The rave line was also pretty neat. I enjoyed how it started about an hour late on Saturday specifically. However this line was somewhat less enjoyable as it began to move quickly once it started moving.

Sunday's Rice Line was a lot of fun too - nothing like feeling like you're stuck in romance of the three kingdoms era in some poverty suburb waiting for rice.

----------

However, despite my rage, and to not sound like a horrible forum troll - I did meet a lot of new friends. Many cool people, the dealers room was fairly well stocked also. The dance on a whole had descent music. The Friday Night DJ played things such as Let the Bodies Hit the floor ( I know some of you grunge kiddies have to bounce in place or something, but can you really dance to it, come on? I enjoyed the Saturday DJ however.

Also nothing like having the mall of america cops form a line to block costumers from entering the mall.

TL;DR

I love you guys, I hate lines

See you next detour.

Zell dincht
04-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Dante from AD2008 here. I loved the two hour registration line. I also love how it got switched up.

I also enjoyed them having lost my registration and having to produce e-mail proof of registration - I registered online, only to find that they had made a typo on my name and held me up at registration for 2 hours.

The rave line was also pretty neat. I enjoyed how it started about an hour late on Saturday specifically. However this line was somewhat less enjoyable as it began to move quickly once it started moving.

Sunday's Rice Line was a lot of fun too - nothing like feeling like you're stuck in romance of the three kingdoms era in some poverty suburb waiting for rice.

----------

However, despite my rage, and to not sound like a horrible forum troll - I did meet a lot of new friends. Many cool people, the dealers room was fairly well stocked also. The dance on a whole had descent music. The Friday Night DJ played things such as Let the Bodies Hit the floor ( I know some of you grunge kiddies have to bounce in place or something, but can you really dance to it, come on? I enjoyed the Saturday DJ however.

Also nothing like having the mall of america cops form a line to block costumers from entering the mall.

TL;DR

I love you guys, I hate lines

See you next detour.

Are you serious about the cops? Anyway the registration line was fun. I was really only in that line and well the hump line but I enjoyed the lines.

Reikou Hitakana
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Reg is always gonna be a tough gig when 2300 people show up at once x.x

torra
04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I worked registration for four hours on Friday. People were pissed about waiting in line but you shouldn't take it out on people trying to find your badge. We're just the help.

Dejana Talis
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I think Anime Boston has first claim to the Line-Con 08 title, sorry to say. ;)

Seventh_Sin
04-08-2008, 04:24 PM
It's not so bad, really. I stood in the reg-line at ACen last year for at least four hours, and I heard stories from Anime Boston about waits of up to eleven hours.

As for the rice, we're kind of spoiled. It's rare that there even is a consuite, much less that it actually serves hot food.