PDA

View Full Version : Fushigi Ygi - Genbu (new manga!)

Lyn
06-18-2003, 11:03 AM
http://195.230.175.217/~japan/Genbu/Story_e.htm

Check it out. Yuu Watase now has a new story all about Takiko, the Genbu no Miko (Priestess of Genbu). Finally we get to see more about her story.

When I first saw the mentioning of more FY, I was all "Oh no, not more...when will this story ever end?!" but considering this about a different set of characters and about a different story really that was never explained that much in the manga, I'm actually rather glad to see this. It sounds very interesting indeed to finally find out more about the Genbu priestess and the Genbu Seven.

Rosiel
06-18-2003, 11:23 AM
> Check it out. Yuu Watase now has a new story all about Takiko, the Genbu no Miko (Priestess of Genbu).

Nothing about Byakko? I was much more interested in them and the whole Tatara/Suzuno relationship... ;__;

Michi
06-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Maybe Byakko will be next, Rosiel? ^^ Then again, there was much more Byakko than Genbu in the original story... I think this is sorta neat. Haha, though I agree I was like "Um, more FY? I think Eikouden was an okay end.. @_x" but that's neat.

Lyn
06-18-2003, 02:02 PM
I also am more interested in Byakko but have seen no indications if she will write anything about them or not. Though, like Michi said, there was more info about them in the series than of Genbu. We didn't really get to know much about Genbu at all in the original story.

Hikaruchan
06-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Well, Yuu Watase missed Animazement as she was working on 2 new series. Wonder what the second one is.

I just wish one of these times the main character would go for a different guy besides the Tamahome/Touya/etc lookalike. If things follow the normal, Takiko will fall for Rimudo. At least this might be a bit more interesting then usual when he turns into a woman (Ranma hijinks ensues)

edit
Found out tonight through Watase list about other series
http://195.230.175.217/~japan/Zettai/Index_e.htm

Kirschwasser
06-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Yeah...I knew...kind of. ^_^ I get Sho-Comi, and in the advertisment sections for Sho-Comi Zoukan I noticed "Fushigi Yuugi Genbu", and thought, "Cool." But I've never found one Zoukan issue in my life...I'll just wait until the tanboukan comes out.
Her newest series "Zettai Kareshi" first chapter is in Sho-Comi #12 (Which I get to pick up from Kinokuniya LA on Monday! Yes!)
Watase-sensei sure has drawn A LOT of manga. I think I mostly have all of her series, except for Imadoki 4 & 5, and Fushigi Yuugi 4-13. ^_^ Oh yes, and for those of you who know about Appare Jipangu, volume 3 just came out.

lialia
06-19-2003, 10:29 AM
aww yuu watase always comes up with great stuff i hope that the series gets bought and translated FY has always been my fav

and that whole man/woman thing... wouldnt nuriko be jealous!

Scortia
06-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Hikitsu! *eyes water* Prettyyyyyy. ;_; Where is he?! *wails* Well, it'd be interesting... if this is the original Genbu no miko I'd like to see how they'll handle the devastating end she has... Granted, I'm with Rosiel on wanting a Byakko manga... but I'd want it for Tokaki/Subaru.. I love Tokaki, everything I like in an anime guy; white hair, gold eyes, good moves, and a hell of an attitude. ^o^

Scortia
06-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Haha, though I agree I was like "Um, more FY? I think Eikouden was an okay end.. @_x" but that's neat.

*cough* Eikouden.. now, I loved the OAVs... all of them, even though I know I'm in the minority with that one. But, Eikouden... I was already mad that they chose this one over the novels about the other seishi... but then... the plot was just a bit too out-of-this-world... even for Fushigi Yuugi. I don't have enough faith in Miaka for her to have that much foresight. But, it was worth it to see the seishi as cute lil' kids. *_* Go get that chibi-Hotohori, Nuriko! ^o^

Lyn
06-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Scortia
*cough* Eikouden.. now, I loved the OAVs... all of them, even though I know I'm in the minority with that one. But, Eikouden... I was already mad that they chose this one over the novels about the other seishi... but then... the plot was just a bit too out-of-this-world... even for Fushigi Yuugi. I don't have enough faith in Miaka for her to have that much foresight. But, it was worth it to see the seishi as cute lil' kids. *_* Go get that chibi-Hotohori, Nuriko! ^o^

I agree with you on that one. While I thought the Eikoden was alright, I wasn't really impressed by it and would've prefered to see some of the seishi gaidens instead. But then again, considering it wasn't written by Watase-san, perhaps thats why it just wan't quite as good. The chibis were very very cute though. ^^ Chiriko as a talking baby was a bit weird but Nuriko was adorable!

Oh, and I too loved the OAVs. ^_^

Riveraria
06-23-2003, 12:21 AM
wow that's cool, a new story about the Genbu people, I hope Yuu Watase does one about the Byakko too the Suzuno anf Tatara stort is soooooooo sweet, but the Genbu has that air of mystery about it that will make people want to read it.

As for Eikoden, I thought it was just ok. I loved the OAVs too ^_^

FY ROCKS

Kirschwasser
07-11-2003, 09:58 AM
This is sort-of off-topic, but it does have to do with Watase-sensei! So for I've read the first 3 chapters of Zettai Kareshi, and it's really funny. *Has to laugh* The ending of chapter 3 was hilarious, especially the look on Riiko's face (the poor girl).
Eh? What do you mean, Lialia? What man/woman thing in the Genbu series? *Confused*

rei_hino
07-12-2003, 06:26 PM
I admit it looks interesting. . .*breaks out inso a large sob* But I want my CHichiri and NUriko!!!!!* *sniff*

i will look into this though. . . .
*hugs pic of chichiri*

Lyn
07-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Kirsch - Lialia was refering to the one Genbu warrior who turns into a girl. Is Zettai Kareshi the newNEW manga I heard that she is also writing now?

Kirschwasser
07-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Ooooh...I see. Wow, I wish I could find the magazine that had the Genbu series, but as I mentioned before, I'll patiently wait for it to come out in tanboukan.
*Nods* Yes, Zettai Kareshi is Yuu Watase's newest series.

Inamichan
07-15-2003, 11:44 PM
To~mi~te~! XDD

I, for one, am extremely excited about this project. I love the Genbu seishi. I want to see what they do with Inami/Iname (*points at name* :P), as I have my own strong ideas about her. XD This is just exciting for me - I run an online FY role-play and play a few Genbu seishi...and, well, I'm just interested to see what she comes up with for them, y'know? XDDD