PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Cosplay Sites

Kisa
06-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys. It's me. ANyway. I started a project last year around this time. And well... I thought I would point people in it's direction.

Basically, I'm trying to collect as many *Canadian* cosplay websites, and have a link to all of them, for easy refrence and convenience. Because it's easier then trying to keep my bookmarks organized. ^-^

The list so far:

http://www.tokyoboom.com/momiji.html

Sooo, if you have your own Anime/J-media based Cosplay site, I would like to add it.

The only requirements are having a majority of Anime/Japanese related costumes, that you've put together, and some creative involvement in the majority of those costumes, AND are currently a resident in the place known as Canada. Or Canadian studying abroad...

Sarcasm-hime
06-19-2003, 02:59 AM
....after rooting thru some of those links, I discover that you guys are planning a Magna Carta group for TT. Rrrrrrr.....*sigh* A number of Magna Carta costumes are in my "wanna do" folder, but I just don't have time this year, what with Worldcon coming up. x_x;; Plus, whenever I see a costume done well, it tends to kill the interest for me. Bleh.

Kisa
06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Well... less Me now, and.. everyone else >.< and the costume I picked will be done well by a friend FOR TT, so... yeah. I can totally understand the death to interest for something when it's well done.
But I KNOW the people who are still doing MC will be amazing. *grumble*
and me and my Suit that I sewed Myself that no one will KNOW because it's real-people-clothes...
*sigh*
It's grumbles and sighs this morning.

Limeyaku
06-19-2003, 10:02 AM
wow. o_o im pretty much opposite you guys. if i see a costume done well it pumps up my motivation to make it better. ^o^ nothing wrong with healthy competition. ^_~

Kisa, i think you should still make what you were planning. *o* It'd look great on you and with your fabricpainting skills, I know it'd turn out totally amazing. *__*

True_Sanosuke
06-19-2003, 10:10 AM
I wish i can put my site there but i live in alaska =( .

Chosuke
06-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Ooh Kisa!
You be doing Cain? ^^ Cause when I think suit I think Cain or like..Crawford xD

Whenever I see a costume well done I usually get fired up to make it even sweeter xD
But if its absolutely 'perfect' then usually I just back off because I know I can't compete xD

Kisa
06-19-2003, 12:14 PM
If I didn't know the person, Lime... I would think about it, but it's Minako Soooo..... >.<
THere's just something strange about making a costume your friends make, and knowing they can make it as good as, or Better kind of puts a damper on things.
She's prettier, thinner and wears 'less-costume' and looks good in it opposed to me, where 'less-costume' means I just look *strange*. It'd be no competition. lol.

I only REALLY wanted it for the fabricpainting anyway, and I'm fulfilling that craving with my other TT plan. (and doing 90% of the work on my housemates's costume is eating up time... >.<

But, thanks for the nice words :)

Yeah Cho. I'm being Cain to Xio's Merryweather at TT. I made my suit, vest, shirt, pants, cravate...ect... But no one will KNOW that. Blegh. I'm just going to be some girl in a suit with a pimp-stick and cape. Cause you know. Yay. Real-people clothes. And I couldn't actually break down to BUY a suit. That'd be wrong. Bad enough I'm going to have to buy a top-hat if I can find one for under 70$ :( Which isn't likely given where I live. :sulk:

Minakolabelle
06-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Kisa's Lieing ;-; *falls over and dies*

well about every part but the me making a Megna carta costume *haunts away*

heki-chan
06-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Alaska's close enuff rite? ^_^

are there any anime cons in Alaska? if so, thts so awesome *_*

True_Sanosuke
06-19-2003, 07:34 PM
No cons here thats why im gonna go to the canada cons

Sarcasm-hime
06-19-2003, 07:59 PM
There are tops hats at Courage My Love (on kensington here in TO) for $67....still pricy tho.

I've got so many costumes that I want to do that I tend to just say 'oh well' if I see one done well by somebody else, as it's not like I have a shortage of costumes to make. Bleh. I still might end up making Juclecia eventually, as after my Windy experience I've gained a new appreciation for any costume that doesn't require a wig. -.-;;

Kisa
06-19-2003, 08:32 PM
*cries*
At that price, No top hat for Me... >.<
Even if it's something I've been WANTING to have... Ug. If only my Housemate would PAY ME for his half of the electric bill....

I've had good experience with Wigs, and generally prefer wearing them to trying to get my natural hair to co-operate, since it's evil. But i've never had anything insane like Windy to worry about. How much of it was your creation/modifications Sarcasm?

This Ponytail modification I'm going to attempt to start tonight is going to be interesting ... interesting in the way that jabbing my eye with Pins would be interesting.

nuriko001
06-19-2003, 08:38 PM
i wanted to make that main dude from magnacarta.. but..meh..dunno if i'll ever:P

Minakolabelle
06-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Kisa
This Ponytail modification I'm going to attempt to start tonight is going to be interesting ... interesting in the way that jabbing my eye with Pins would be interesting.

Just put some music on like I did XD that or come online while you do it so I can bug you, you have to wait for the glue to dry on the braids in between doing it any way >D

Limeyaku
06-19-2003, 11:25 PM
kisa, you can try making a top hat with a latch hook base. ^___^ that stuff works wonders. *o* I don't think you'd even be able to tell the difference whether its real or made if you cover all the latch hook. *_* give it a try! its cheap too! like 89 cents for a sheet? i think youd need about 2 or 3 sheets. YAY for $3 fanmade top hats! XD

thts what jibrille made her blackmage paine hat out of and i made sakuradayus atelier judie hat out of it too. ^o^ and its bendy so its comfy! yay for latch hook! saviour of so many " how do i do this? "'s!

wow. that was a lot longer than it needed to be. XD

Kisa
06-19-2003, 11:46 PM
THis is going to sound incredibly stupid, but.... what's, um, latchook? is it the stuff that's got the squares that you kind of knot yarn into to make carpet-things? I'm not sure if i'm thinking of the same thing.

Minakolabelle
06-19-2003, 11:52 PM
it's like that plastic stuff you make yarn "cross sticthing" with.

their like sheets of plastic squares *nods*

ducky_feet
06-20-2003, 12:18 AM
*raises hand* I've got a Canadian cosplay site! I run two actually! I have my own and the one that I run for the Vancouver Cosplay Association. *points to sig* :D

Mia-P
06-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Wow thats a sexy layout!!! Wickednesss!!!*o*
I might make a cosplay site...one day >.> *lol*

Kisa
06-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Wonderful :) I was sure I was missing someone out there!!
I'll link it up with the rest within the next couple of days!

*pokes Mia* Yes. You should.

Sarcasm-hime
06-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Windy's wig started with a very long straight blonde wig, which I had to add hair to at the back part to hide the weft when I put it up....and then I carved foam inserts which I glued and sewed to the wig base...and then wrapped in hair, more glueing and sewing, etc. So there was a lot of modification there. Also a lot of hair--in *addition* to the my own knee-length hair that was stuffed under there. It was sooooooo heavy....x_x;;

coscrew
06-20-2003, 09:35 PM
We're canadian..

and WE have a site! =D

you can link us if you like.

Kisa
06-20-2003, 10:18 PM
well, if you send me a link or url, I could

Kaijugal
06-20-2003, 10:46 PM
:( I have no site. :(

<suddenly runs away>
AHhhh I'm blind!

:crylaugh:

Kisa
06-20-2003, 11:19 PM
More reason to make one? Then everyone can see Gojira! :p
Well... everyone being... me and louise... but you know, in THEORY everyone would be able to link to it!

coscrew
06-20-2003, 11:24 PM
sorry, i thought you'd use check my www button. anywho, it's:

www.obesolete.da.ru

heki-chan
06-21-2003, 01:45 AM
i like ur new site! ur layouts are also so spunkay and happy^_^

our site is SOOOO craptastic X_X;

i need to fix it bigtime X_X;

Chosuke
06-22-2003, 12:39 PM
There's a Vancouver cosplay association?
That rocks!

Whereabout in Vancouver are you guys? I go down to BC twice a year to see my dad so there are definite get together and yap about cosplay opportunities now >D
This summer i'm gonna be there for four weeks and come back on August 13th..

REALLY tight schedule to make al my Cn costumes on x.x

ducky_feet
06-23-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Mia-P
Wow thats a sexy layout!!! Wickednesss!!!*o*
I might make a cosplay site...one day >.> *lol* Sexy? LOL, I've never had a site be described as sexy! Thanks! :D

Originally posted by Chobrat
There's a Vancouver cosplay association?
That rocks!

Whereabout in Vancouver are you guys? I go down to BC twice a year to see my dad so there are definite get together and yap about cosplay opportunities now >D
This summer i'm gonna be there for four weeks and come back on August 13th..

REALLY tight schedule to make al my Cn costumes on x.x We're scattered throughout the Lower Mainland. There aren't that many of us right now, but we're hoping to expand! Come and introduce yourself on our message board! You'll find the link on the site.