PDA

View Full Version : Lolitas!

Meiki
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
There were quite a few of us last year, so I thought I'd check again this year (I was the lolita in the dinosaur print btw)! I submitted a request for a panel and haven't heard back yet, but that doesn't mean we can't meet up anyway! I'd love to at least get together to take some pictures, what day is good for you guys?

yukiko_mori
04-16-2008, 07:33 PM
i'm gonna be there in my aristocrat outfit, i am working on mine to see, i'm wanting it to look good, and i'm makeing some new necklace to seel for the lolita outfits

i want to try to get caps for my teeth, to add to my gothicness of my outfit

FFrikku
04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm coming in a sweet baby blue that's based off of a BTSSB and my friend has a Clara from inthestarlight that she's wearing

yukiko_mori
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
so what day do they have the tea party on? so i know when i should be in dress

Meiki
04-16-2008, 10:04 PM
As far as I know, there is no planned tea party. However, I did sign up to give an informative panel on the fashion, but I still haven't heard back.

yukiko_mori
04-16-2008, 10:31 PM
maybe i should go to the website and ask for the tea party.

lolita*neko
04-17-2008, 05:28 AM
There were quite a few of us last year, so I thought I'd check again this year (I was the lolita in the dinosaur print btw)! I submitted a request for a panel and haven't heard back yet, but that doesn't mean we can't meet up anyway! I'd love to at least get together to take some pictures, what day is good for you guys?

I remember that print! :3 I really don't think anyone will remember me, but I was in the redXwhite co-ordinate with the polka-dot skirt. ^^

I'm up for a meet-up. I'll be in lolita the whole weekend from the looks of it (don't think I'll be cosplaying.. >_<), so anytime should be ok for me.

FFrikku
04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
oh yikes, if there's a tea party, i wont be able to make it unless its on friday, all my other days are costume days >_<

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-19-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm just getting started with the Lolita fashion and wont have anything ready for animazement (unless i wear something boystyle)
BUT, i really hope you get approved for a panel! I'd love to come learn more about the fashion in hopes of creating my first outfit this summer ^_^

yukiko_mori
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
the tea party was already set by the time i asked for the panel... its on sunday....

FFrikku
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
the tea party was already set by the time i asked for the panel... its on sunday....

what time and where? are they having a panel or not? (needs to go to the AZ boards)

Meiki
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Uh...are you sure? I have yet to hear back on a specific time and place for my panel. And I haven't seen anything on the Animazement forums about it.

yukiko_mori
04-24-2008, 12:10 AM
they emailed me saying they had one, on sunday, gave no time though.. just

"we have one already and its on sunday"
thanks Animazment(what ever their title is for the panel people)

Tigress
04-24-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm bringing mine!

yukiko_mori
04-24-2008, 11:19 PM
i need todo a slight alteration to one part of mine, and fix a sleeve that ripp on the seem, and it will be fine(i need to tighten my faux corset, it about a size larger then needed)

Kyasaren
04-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm bringing mine back! I'm making slight alterations, plus I need to fix the gloves (I accidentally tore one)

Meiki
04-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I got my panel! Friday from 3-5 :D

yukiko_mori
04-25-2008, 09:52 PM
awsome

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
now i MUST get their Friday morning. I usually dont get there until 5...So i must make plans to get there earlier. What will you be covering at the panel, meiki? I'm a beginner trying to learn all i can before actually buying some brand things and stuff. I might put together a causal outfit beforehand so people can give me pointers on it if possible. I'm so excited about my first lolita panel!

Meiki
04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
now i MUST get their Friday morning. I usually dont get there until 5...So i must make plans to get there earlier. What will you be covering at the panel, meiki? I'm a beginner trying to learn all i can before actually buying some brand things and stuff. I might put together a causal outfit beforehand so people can give me pointers on it if possible. I'm so excited about my first lolita panel!

Well, I know for sure I'm covering these things:

-Basic History and Inspiration
-Different styles, including boystyle (I always see a lot of questions on "What do guys wear?" So I think covering kodona and dandy would be a good idea)
-Do's and Don'ts (I'm hoping not to offend with this one, people can get pretty uppity about things, but I'm hoping that if I say "Fishnets and cat ears aren't lolita," I won't be burned at the stake.)
-How to build a lolita wardrobe
-Non-brand lolita
-Myths (As in, lolitas can't wear glasses, smoke, swear, that sort of thing)
-And I was hoping to do a short fashion show, where girls (and guys!) would come up and say a little bit about their outfits if they so choose, just so people could see a pretty good range of styles in person.

But I'm totally open for more ideas if anyone has any.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-26-2008, 11:50 PM
oooo. That sounds pretty good Meiki! This is the thing I'm most excited for since I hardly ever attend panels at conventions, but i'm trying to get their EARLY to attend this one. Hopefully i'll have the casual lolita outfit brought by the con.

Kyasaren
04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
That really does sound interesting, and helpful! Perhaps I can pull out my lolita for Saturday out on Friday for a few hours, so I can know which parts are mistakes and correct them for Saturday. Or if it's good enough XD participate in the fashion show, lol.
I am really interested in this panel!

kairi10116
04-27-2008, 08:40 PM
It'll be my first time at a convention, but I'm going to come in Lolita! I got a black Alice skirt from in the starlight, but I think my outfit will be wavering to a more punk lolita style? I'm not sure yet if I'll be cosplaying any....
whats this talk about a tea party? ^^;

Meiki
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
It'll be my first time at a convention, but I'm going to come in Lolita! I got a black Alice skirt from in the starlight, but I think my outfit will be wavering to a more punk lolita style? I'm not sure yet if I'll be cosplaying any....
whats this talk about a tea party? ^^;

To my knowledge there isn't one, just my panel. There was a tea party last year, but there seemed to be more questions than actual tea-drinking, so I thought something informative would be the route to go.

FFrikku
04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
gosh darn school!! we wont make it to the panel T^T

yukiko_mori
05-04-2008, 04:44 AM
well i have competed the modifications to my outfit, not if i can get a skirt that shorter insted of my full length aristocrat one i'll be in buisiness

otaku_ken
05-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm coming as a gothic lolita, it was the really colorful pink and blue son on Friday, but i'm going this year as cream black ans white. I'm still sewing it, but it'll be done in time....i hope. I would love to show my outfit, because i designed it myself, and put a lot of time into it. Can u show up for the panel?

Meiki
05-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Apparently my panel has been moved up by an hour, from 2-4 on Friday. But never fear, high school kids/anyone who happens to be arriving after that, showing up late is totally acceptable and greatly encouraged.

yukiko_mori
05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Well, I know for sure I'm covering these things:

-Basic History and Inspiration
-Different styles, including boystyle (I always see a lot of questions on "What do guys wear?" So I think covering kodona and dandy would be a good idea)
-Do's and Don'ts (I'm hoping not to offend with this one, people can get pretty uppity about things, but I'm hoping that if I say "Fishnets and cat ears aren't lolita," I won't be burned at the stake.)
-How to build a lolita wardrobe
-Non-brand lolita
-Myths (As in, lolitas can't wear glasses, smoke, swear, that sort of thing)
-And I was hoping to do a short fashion show, where girls (and guys!) would come up and say a little bit about their outfits if they so choose, just so people could see a pretty good range of styles in person.

But I'm totally open for more ideas if anyone has any.

can i help woth the boys clothes part??? i wore a male loli outfit before female... saddly my mum tossed my frock coat in the trash thinking it was a rag..... so i'm short my coat for it

FFrikku
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Apparently my panel has been moved up by an hour, from 2-4 on Friday. But never fear, high school kids/anyone who happens to be arriving after that, showing up late is totally acceptable and greatly encouraged.

unfortunatly we wont get there until around 6 xP and then I have to get into my Ulquiorra costume (I'm having to do my makeup on the way x_x)
but there is a tea party still on sunday, right? our lolitas are on sunday

Meiki
05-20-2008, 11:33 PM
unfortunatly we wont get there until around 6 xP and then I have to get into my Ulquiorra costume (I'm having to do my makeup on the way x_x)
but there is a tea party still on sunday, right? our lolitas are on sunday

There is a tea party on sunday at 9, I just hate that it conflicts with the Steampunk panel, I'll be showing up late.

FFrikku
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
yea my friends wanted to go to steampunk too... not me, i just want tea xDDD SUGAAARRRR