PDA

View Full Version : Sony Metreon Festival of Anime

videogirlc
09-14-2002, 02:07 PM
I just heard form a metreon staff that the Sony metreon festival of anime will be held October 12. :D Last year I didn't go but this year I will.

Michi
09-14-2002, 11:10 PM
October 12? Oh my goodness October will be busy. Animagic, then Metreon, then YaoiCon. Geez. XP But yay! It was soooo much fun last year. ^-^ I can't wait.

videogirlc
09-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Their website now says something anout the festival but no official date. I'm still goin with october 12th though.

Keurblitz
09-28-2002, 02:15 PM
what's the website for it??? -_-?

Eurobeat King
09-29-2002, 04:15 AM
Here's the link:

http://metreon.com/events/index.html

Schweet that they're showing the premiere of the Cowboy Bebop movie. ;) You should bring a pillow, cushion, bean-bag, futon, etc. if you're going to watch any anime longer than 30 mins.. :thumbsup:

ZiggyB
09-29-2002, 06:04 PM
If you haven't seen the Cowboy Bebop movie. Definatly go see it. If memory serves it's Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door. It's really good. :) I can't wait to see it on the big screen instead of just on my TV.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-03-2002, 04:19 PM
I'll be down there as well,. Hope to meet some oif you guys there. I'll be going for all 2 days instead of one last year. If anyt of you guys are going, we should set up a meeting place for everybody that posts in this thread.

Babbit_Chan
10-03-2002, 09:49 PM
I hope I can go XD

Nadeshiko
10-04-2002, 12:58 AM
darny...I'll be home on that day, back in Southern Cali...

but there's always Yaoi Con and AniMagic. Whee! October is packed with anime events in Cali!

Babbit_Chan
10-04-2002, 10:56 AM
W00t my familiy and I are going to check out the Bart system from Walnut Creek to San Francisco on Saturday so if I'm lucky I might be able to go XD Wonder who'll take me o_O;

Aoshi Shinomori
10-07-2002, 06:34 PM
I'll probably be going on Saturday as Hideki.. so maybe we should meet up on Saturday sometime and take pics of the people who post at cosplay.com. I had alot of fun at Animagic and cant wait to meet more people.

videogirlc
10-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Want to pick a specific time and place for the photo?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2002, 08:31 PM
we have set it up. It's going to be at 2:30 p.m behind the Metreon at Yerba Buena Gardens on saturday. I'll be there and if it's possible, take at least one anime con badge that has your forum name. I'll be taking mine from FanimeCon 2002. I hope to see you guys there and yeah, i'll be as Hideki also! ^_^

videogirlc
10-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Cool I'll be there.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-08-2002, 05:36 PM
VideogirlC:
Excellent ^_^

ZiggyB
10-08-2002, 07:29 PM
Cool. I'll be there probably as Squall. No gunblade though, since they have a "no weapons" policy. Oh well. :)

Anyone going to see the Cowboy Bebop movie?

Aoshi Shinomori
10-09-2002, 05:35 PM
You mean your not going to be in that shiny costume? I think most of us will go watch the Cowboy Bebop movie after the gathering so we can all go in one group heh.. a large group of cosplayers

Babbit_Chan
10-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Hmm yes what IS that shiny outfit?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-09-2002, 08:29 PM
I am too and will be with said gathering. if the movie starts sucking, we can all do a MST3K kinda thing lol :p
But I know that it won't suck.
yeah, BTW, what is that shiny costume?

ZiggyB
10-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Hmm... everyone wants me to wear the shiny suit to Metreon. I had to work up a lot of courage to wear it at AM. XO

Hmm, I might wear it. We'll see. Might not go to the movie with it though, the antenne would block someone's view. :)

Oh the character is Zack from the game Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore for the Playstation 2. I've attached a pic of the character.

Oh about the movie, if you like Cowboy Bebop, you'll like the movie. It's really a wonderful movie with your favorate cowboy bebop characters. Also a really engaging and deep plot.

Babbit_Chan
10-10-2002, 09:40 AM
I've always wanted to play Dead or Alive 2 but *sigh* no PS2 AND LOTR is coming out on it *sob* Sorry side-tracked <<;

Hmm, I might wear it. We'll see. Might not go to the movie with it though, the antenne would block someone's view. :)

Haha! I'd like to see some confused person in back of you try to watch the movie XD

Michi
10-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Whee finally there's a big update on the site. Blah!

Well anyway. I'm gonna try and show up for a while if I can. I dunno what I'll wear. Probably Yoh from Shaman King. o.o Something easy and comfy. ^_^ Last year I wore Kuja and Mai. X_X;

I wanna see the movie but I haven't seen all of Cowboy Bebop yet. ;-;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2002, 12:55 PM
ZiggyB:
Oh..I didn't know he had that costume. It looks cool. ^_^
Michi: They have updated the site? I should take a look at it and see what's new.
The movie rocks btw. and I don't know if you saw me last year, but i was the fool dnacing on the stage with one of my friends. LOL

Aoshi Shinomori
10-10-2002, 04:25 PM
oh it must be Zack's hidden costume or something. I remember last year at the Metreon.. i did a walk on as Aoshi. I think i saw one of my friends there that won some prizes.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Well, I have some bad news. The tickets for seeing Bepop on saturday have sold out. so that means, either a) we buy the tickets for the sunday showing or b) we just buy the $5 ticket and settle for that. If we choose A that means we have to spend the night somewhere....but it's up to you guys.

ZiggyB
10-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Babbit_Chan: Hehe yah. I think I was sitting behind someone with a turtle on her head at the AM masquerade. I wouldn't inflict the same annoyance on someone else.

RyuHayabusaDOA2/Aoshi Shinomori: Yah, it's the first hidden skin that you can get for Zack. It's just so... happy and shiny. :)

<-- easily amused by shiny objects. :)

Babbit_Chan
10-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Ziggy: Shiny objects? Ohhh yeeaaaah >D

Ryu: What are we missing on Saturday from the events and what times are available on Sunday (I'll be at my sister's so I have to know what's convenient for her boyfriend and have time to get back home)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-11-2002, 04:40 AM
well i guess no cowboy bebop movie for me on saturday. I'll just go and hang out and have fun. It'll give us more time to go eat or something.. heh i am also easily amused by shiny things.. *looks at shiny gunblade*.. ohh.. ack I'm blind now.

Babbit_Chan
10-11-2002, 08:45 AM
OMG - I knew I should have called earlier and not have depended on the old mom. They are sold out for Sunday as well! *DIES* T-T Well I guess I'm not watching Cowboy Bebop, but I still got a $5 pass just to get the freebies, the arade points, and to see the screenings and other events. *sobs* I just wished I had called earlier ;_;

Is the meeting still on Saturday or has it been moved to Sunday @ 2:30?

Aoshi Shinomori
10-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Well some of us wont be able to go in to see the movie so we will probably be hanging out or going somewhere to eat. Id lke to keep the meeing on saturday cuz thats the only day ill be going there.

ZiggyB
10-11-2002, 03:04 PM
Well I'll see you guys/gals there. 2:30 sharp. Hmm... as for shiny things. I have a gunblade too... what does that say about me? :)

Unfortunatly I haven't gotten it as shiny as the suit. :(

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-11-2002, 03:11 PM
okay might as well. I'll be there at 2;30 p.m sharp. see you guys tomorrow
Babbit-chan: the meeting is still on for saturday at 2:30 p.m

Space Invader
10-12-2002, 09:53 PM
><-- easily amused by shiny objects. :)

This has nothing to do with this thread... but I am easily amused by shiny objects as well @_@.

Wonderful bumper sticker I bought at Hot Topic - "I like shiny objects".

It's hanging on my bedroom door now XD

Babbit_Chan
10-12-2002, 11:00 PM
AGH! I couldn't go since it was Saturday- will I see anyone for Sunday?

Eurobeat King
10-13-2002, 03:50 AM
Pretty good turnout today. I missed the Metreon event last year due to Nekocon, so this was the first year for me. Recognized a lot of No.CA cosplayers, and got some nice pics from the event, which are up now on the photos section (posted by Trowa Al) :skidude2:

Can't make it to Sunday so let me know who here from the board went and how Day #2 was. ;) See you all at yaoicon!!

ZiggyB
10-13-2002, 03:54 AM
Hey Eurobeat King, nice meeting ya. :)

I'll probably be there tomorrow, but probably be a mundane, since I'll be taking Bart.

Babbit_Chan
10-13-2002, 04:12 AM
Hey Ziggy what costume did you end up taking?

ZiggyB
10-13-2002, 04:19 AM
Um... I first went as Squall just to be comfortable, then I changed into Zack for the rest of the night. I got a lot of strange looks from all the mall goers. :>

I'll see you there tomorrow! :)

Babbit_Chan
10-13-2002, 04:22 AM
Haha deal =D Sucks that I missed your Zack costume, but I saw the pics! DDR *-* Should I bring my Converses? ._.

ZiggyB
10-13-2002, 05:35 AM
Well I tried to DDR. Unfortunatly they were playing music with a loud beat which *totally* threw off my rhythm. Dunno if the same will happen tomorrow. :)

Eurobeat King
10-13-2002, 07:26 AM
No, DJ Socket & MOD were appearing & spinning only on Saturday, so you should be able to hear the DDR music OK. Most of the day they were playing Cowboy Bebop through the speakers, so it wasn't so bad that you couldn't hear it, with the exception of meibi during the opening "Tank" or ending "Real Folk Blues" hehe :p

Karisu-sama
10-13-2002, 07:40 AM
Well, I couldn't go :( @#$@ job... I hope they do this again next year, or sooner. *sigh*...

Miaka No Baka
10-13-2002, 11:25 AM
I'm back too, was back last night. I got the entire cosplay contest encoded as a .wmv format just need webspace. It's 21 or 24mb Ok quality. man, I am surprised I am still alive I came THIS close *holds index finger and thumb really close together* to dying by a bite from a black widdow ;_; there was one crawling on the head of ouikichi. Thank god aoshi saw it and got rid of it. To think I could've died yesterday O_o; very scary indeed.... The only thing scarier is I dunno if that spider came from home, my car or if I picked it up from the metreon somewhere...

It was good seeing everyone there. Oh ziggy we got u on film playing ddr. I can put a video up if u want cause it should be small in mb size ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Babbit_Chan
10-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Waaah I'd love to see those videos!

Aoshi Shinomori
10-13-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey it was nice to meet you Eurobeat King.. even though ive seen u at many cons previously. It was also cool to meet you too Ziggy. yeah we were playing DDR and the djs were playing DDR music too so like we were playing Paranioa while the djs were playing Stomp to my beat so it throws off your rythym. Did u guys have fun? we had a good turnout of norcal cosplayers. It was nice to meet all you norcal cosplayers. We should hang out more. Oh and congrats to Ziggy for winning that Hamptaro set. I wont be going on Sunday but take pics if u go sunday to see if any other cosplayers went ok. Oh Karisu.. I was hoping you would be going. It didnt end till like 10pm.. i think. The cosplay contest was at 8pm and they had a dance after that. Well dont worry.. you will be at Yaoicon next weekend..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-13-2002, 10:01 PM
It was nice to meet Eurobeat King and Ziggy too. Too bad you couldn't dance on the floor at the arcade! if they do this year, I hope they do it somewhere else. cause I really wanted to dance too!

Umi
10-14-2002, 03:24 AM
Nyo! I stopped by the Metreon for a little while on Saturday but I didn't buy a pass or anything so I just sort of walked around with my boyfriend. I didn't see any cosplayers except for an Urd and a Squall (which might have been Ziggy but I'm not sure) but they were making a beeline towards the bathrooms tho' =P

Just as well, I didn't bring my camera anyway.

ZiggyB
10-14-2002, 03:40 AM
Doh! Yah that was me and Moo! :) Sorry to have missed ya. You should have waved us down, I could have held it for a little while longer. :>

To be honest, I don't think I was asked for my pass once, of course being Squall and Zack may have given me away. ;)

I'll try to post photos up tonight.

Unfortunatly, there wasn't too many cosplayers on Sunday, there was still a few though. Yay! :D

Babbit_Chan
10-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Sooo right, Ziggy - I came around 3 (during the end of Char's Counterattack) and I only saw two other cosplayers (One Vash and my friend David as Li). I was disappointed that the costume contest was Saturday but I was content in being there.

ZiggyB
10-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Doh, sorry we missed ya Babbit_Chan. We were looking for you. Moo was yelling "Babbit Chan!" occasionally and I had the sign on below. :>

Next time. :)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-15-2002, 03:28 PM
were there any cosplayers on sunday? ill post my pics soon from saturday.

ZiggyB
10-15-2002, 03:36 PM
I got there kind of late, but there were still a few cosplayers. Mostly Rei and school girls. I think everyone decided on comfort Sunday. :)

You did miss an amazing sight. An Amtrak bus hit a fire hydrant and water was *everywhere* outside the main Metreon entrance. Man, it's not just their trains is it? :)

I should have my photos up tonight too.

Babbit_Chan
10-15-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Doh, sorry we missed ya Babbit_Chan. We were looking for you. Moo was yelling "Babbit Chan!" occasionally and I had the sign on below. :>

Next time. :)

Wahahahaha!! XD I feel special ^-^ Yes, there is always next time ;)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-16-2002, 12:41 AM
oh dude i would like to see that but then again my costume might get wet heh i would like to see your pics. I still have to upload mine.. ill see if i can do that tonight.

ZiggyB
10-16-2002, 05:02 AM
Actually I was stupid, I decided to jump the rushing river of water instead of walking two blocks to get around it. I judged the jump wrong and my left foot was wet the rest of the day. Doh!

Oh the my pictures are up at:

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2002-Metreon/

I hope everyone enjoys them. :)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-16-2002, 07:22 PM
dude nice pics. wish i was there on sunday, but i could only make it on saturday. i guess the next big thing for me will be the kick off party for recca con unless something else comes up.

ZiggyB
10-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Well there is Yaoi con this weekend. :)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-17-2002, 01:31 AM
yeah.. well i wont be going.. to expensive for me and im still recovering from animagic.. but ill be at the recca con kick off party in november

Babbit_Chan
10-17-2002, 10:53 AM
<---- Won't be going till first year of college -_-;