PDA

View Full Version : Places that sell wigs

RHIshida
06-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Anybody know any good websites that sell wigs? I want to find a good store because I'm gonna need a wig for my Kaze costume and one for my Celes costume :D

DarkGunner
06-19-2003, 05:20 PM
I bought a really nice quality wig from Wigs Unlimited at http://web.iwebcenters.com/wells/index2.ivnu
Check under discount wigs for cheaper prices. Some of the wigs on that site are pretty pricey. I even got a free wig brush with my order. :)

Michi
06-19-2003, 06:10 PM
I've ordered from WitchWigs.com and Amphigory.com with no problems. ^_^ eBay can work too, sometimes.

evaneko
06-19-2003, 06:23 PM
i've ordered from amphigory.com- they're pretty good but reaaaaallllllyyyyyyyy slow- it took at least 2-3 mos after i ordered for the darned thing to com. i have also used e-bay- and its worked for me!

KaraokeKate
06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Hmm, 2-3 months is an uncommonly long time for Amphigory. I've order about 60+ wigs from here with no major delays, but I know there was a period when her wig supplier just up and MOVED without letting her know, and a bunch of wig orders got delayed.

Usually she's quite prompt though, considering the fact that every wig is special orderered. (It's not like she's got a warehouse full of every color and style....)

Mythril
06-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Hmm... What about fifi-mahoney.com... I have found tons of styles and nice quality wigs there.

Kaede
06-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Manic Panic gets a check plus for speed, but Ace Wigs has an infinately larger selection at better prices...sometimes the orders are slow to arrive though.

Koumori
06-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Huh.. I just placed an order at Amphigory and was surprised at how FAST they turned it around - I ordered last week, and just got the UPS shipping notification.

RHIshida
06-20-2003, 05:54 PM
Heh the Celes wig is easy enough, my problem is gonna be getting close to the length of Kaze's hair XD If anybody has seen him when he's turned around, his hair goes down way past his waist XD

TyJILDown
06-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Mythril
Hmm... What about fifi-mahoney.com... I have found tons of styles and nice quality wigs there.

Ekkk don't get me started with them...not recommended due to personal experience -_-;;

BulmaChan
06-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Manicpanic.com has many wigs I discovered! ^_^ I'm getting a teal one from them. they have the same color as i use in my natural hair. tee hee. :laugh:

KaraokeKate
06-23-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Mythril

Uh. No. I just got 2 wigs from another cosplayer that she ordered from Fifi's. I'm using both as examples for a panel I'm doing on "Wig Rescue". Another customer of mine also had two Fifi's disasters in a row. (Both the same character, done two different ways, and NEITHER looked anything like the anime...) I don't mean to bad-mouth Fifi's, but I've yet to see them do a "nice quality" cosplay wig.

Granted, they have some pretty neat custom designs on their website, when you see them in person, they're very disappointing. I was actually surprised that the quality was so low considering how much they charge. They fiber quality was bad, the color was completely wrong, and they ratted and hairsprayed the holy heck out of the bangs, so they looked like a matted carpet from the underside. ;_;

jennekohan
06-23-2003, 11:50 AM
I've ordered from Amphigory a few times and they've always given me great service with a speedy delivery and excellent quality wigs! I love Manic Panic's wigs, but I've always had trouble ordering directly from them. I know you're looking for websites, but if there aren't any costume stores in your area that sell wigs of nice quality try calling up some adult stores. There's only a few costume stores in my area and nobody really has wigs so I have to resort to adult shops, but some sell Manic Panic wigs and they are very nice!

Moogle Hiromi
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
I emailed amphigory.com about getting an order sent to me a few months back, and they didn't reply! *cries* I really needed a good quality pink wig [for Misha of Pita Ten]... But I have had to buy a cheapo blond wig and dye it pink... it looks like the manga! [ok so I am happy about that] If I ordered from them now, though I know I wouldn't get the wig in time.. plus I don't have the money any more. >_<;

I don't mean to bag them out at all.. because all I have heard is good about them, but don't you think it would have been nice to reply, especially since I was very serious about the order?

I might as well ask... does anyone know any good store that will definately sell to Australia? The only remotely good wigstore we have here is celebritywigs.com.au and if you would look at the prices.... [do your little calculation that Australian dollars is about half of the American equivilant].. they are horrendously expensive and their choice isn't that great... But their service is fantastic, so I know I will buy from them whenI need to do my Sarima wig. Although I would probably get a cheaper one buying overseas.... -_-;

Love Mao [who sometimes hate that she lives somewhere so bloody remote!]

P.S. - I know it would be good to buy from Asia... but sometimes they don't want to sell overseas, and then they don't have an English site! [Most Japanese stores don't sell overseas - and that is the only language i can read!(other than english)]