PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to cosplay, need tips

Shas
05-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Hey, I could use some help. Actually I don't know where to even start :/ if there's anyone with some time on their hands and knows a lot about cosplay with videogames, and have either AIM or msnm, my email address and AIM username are on my profile, so if you could, and also if you DO add me, post here to confirm plz, thanks :/

Babbit_Chan
05-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Mm well, for general help, go here --> http://www.geocities.com/babbitcosplay/links.html <-- lots of helpful links for starters and stuff ^^

Kenshin Ken
05-20-2002, 11:45 AM
A basic rule to cosplay..always do a cospaly that suits your taste, AND one that looks like you. THose kinda cosplays are the easiest to pull off ^^. I started out as kuno, well, only becuase I loved playing with bokkens at the time..and I could get hte hair ^^; but if you look up at the topic " why do you cosplay" that's how I actually got started onto it.. but what I said here adds to the reason of why I chose Kuno ^^.

Shas
05-20-2002, 04:55 PM
oh btw, I forgot to say uhh.. I look a lot like Rock Howard from Garou/Fatal Fury:Mark of the Wolves from what my friend's been telling me every time we play the game Capcom vs SNK 2. Although I don't think he's half as cool as Terry, he's still cool

Ayaka
05-21-2002, 12:22 AM
If you can post us a picture of someone you want to do, we can help you out a LOT more. ^^ (BTW your icon cracks me up.)

Nietsche
05-21-2002, 07:20 AM
What luck, I've been meaning to make Rock Howard's jacket for someone for a long time!
He's an interesting character to start with...for one thing he's got a specific jacket design and it's the sort of outfit that would look normal out of the convention centre.
If ya need help just ask! ^^

Kenshin Ken
05-21-2002, 11:37 AM
hehe ^^ thgat icon jsut cracks me up ^^. ( imagine how loud I was laugng in a college computer lab when I saw it LOL ) ^^:;

Shas
05-21-2002, 05:28 PM
thanks ^^ and... help me help help help O_O!! :crylaugh:

Shas
05-21-2002, 05:49 PM
Hey.. sorry to double post.. and sorry about giving a link if that's not allowed, but it's a page of loads of pics and I didn't want to lag up the page by posting all the pics :o Anyway uhh.. here's one pic
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/rock-small-cool-intro.gif

and here's the link: Adon's Rock Howard profile and picture library (http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/rock.html)

Nietsche
05-21-2002, 05:59 PM
...specify nature of assist....:square:
you mean help with Rock Howard costume?
If you're serious about it then...
Sure, for the most part Rock is an easy costume,although you might need to attach straps to the bottom of your black trousers/pants if you can't find the specific type and you'll need tight black T-shirt and fingerless gloves..if you really wanna be really mad and accurate then how about some red contact lenses?

As for the jacket..I have seen it or sale online but I have long since lost the URL..I still have some red and white imitation leather that i have not yet used so if you're desperate then i could make it...tentative since I have so many costumes to make for myself yet!!!
I've made jackets before (even made that leather vest of Orphen)
but this is going to be more challenging...

Shas
05-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Can we talk? I mean.. I'm on AIM and we can chat on there