PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder...

TenkanTamago
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM
There has been talk of an attendance cap for this years Animazement. I'm sure most of you guys have already pre-registered, but just in case you haven't you might want to. It is a VERY slim chance that they will implement a cap, but there is still a chance. Which means you could go up there all ready and raring to go only to get told "Sorry, we're full!"

If you haven't pre-registered - get to it!

This is more or less here for those that rarely frequent the AZ site or the dozens of forums, sites, boards, etc.

double00beaver
04-19-2008, 09:12 PM
o___o I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll make sure to get mine soon.

Sh!bby
04-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Eh, I'll be there Thursday, so I'm not really worried. I would've pre-reg'd, but I haven't had the money recently. Costumes have been priority, as have bills.

o01101011
04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
It's hard to imagine that they would have to put a cap on prereg (other than the general time frame you can buy them). Though with AZ's growth rate...its possible they're concerned about reaching the fire safety limit.

TenkanTamago
04-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Not on pre-reg, on general con attendance. If you've pre-reged you're fine.

Like I said, it's a VERY, very slim chance. But a chance is still a chance. >_>

TybaltFlux
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I pre-regged last night. I was intending to do it, but the post reminded me that the deadline was coming up ;p. Better safe than sorry. That, and five bucks saved is a meal at a con for me, soooo.

xlynx
04-21-2008, 08:10 AM
I haven't pre ordered ;_x I'll be ubber said if they don't let me in, and what happen to animazement being a small convention, call me crazy but i liked it being small, cause it was everyone almost knows everyone bases, and people weren't rude D= like at some big convention that were there were rude cosplaiers
I better check my bank account so i can buy one xP dangit

conventions cost more money then drugs~

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Wut!? I never pre-reg Animazement. I've been going for 5 years! They better not tell me I cant be there this year!!! *fuming* Honestly, i can actually see a need for an attendance cap (or venue change! *eep!* i love the Sheraton) AZ is getting a bit large for a "small" con. I'm thinking it should be more medium sized by now. Hopefully, i'll get there early Friday. Wish i could be there Thurs., but i dont think thats an option o.O

Tri23
04-23-2008, 01:18 AM
*peeks in before the riots start* :)

Hi all! Just some random person.. *whistles* :)

Quick reminder that right now the attendance cap thing is more a pre-warning "JUST IN CASE". We really (REALLY) have no desire to do an attendance cap, because people get really upset and there is also a rush on registration.

Also, plans are in the works to create more space in the convention. Hopefully everyone will like it. Should be interesting.

Anyways.. pre-reg! It creates a better estimate for attendance, so we know what to plan for.

*whistles off into the mist*

Oh yeah, and don't forget the Costume Craftsmanship contest is on Sunday! :)

djkidna
04-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Protoman?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-23-2008, 09:06 AM
thanks Tri, i'm freakin' out.
I just dont like the "hassle" of pre-reggin' for cons such as AZ (& AWA & Katsu just so people dont think AZ is the ONLY con i dont pre-reg for) It's just that i know theres no cap, i know i'll be there early Friday, i know i should get in. Now, my AZ is going to possibly have a cap *cries* Hopefully it wont come to that. LOL.

TenkanTamago
04-23-2008, 05:07 PM
*peeks in before the riots start* :)

Hi all! Just some random person.. *whistles* :)

Quick reminder that right now the attendance cap thing is more a pre-warning "JUST IN CASE". We really (REALLY) have no desire to do an attendance cap, because people get really upset and there is also a rush on registration.

Also, plans are in the works to create more space in the convention. Hopefully everyone will like it. Should be interesting.

Anyways.. pre-reg! It creates a better estimate for attendance, so we know what to plan for.

*whistles off into the mist*

Oh yeah, and don't forget the Costume Craftsmanship contest is on Sunday! :)

Thank you! <3

djkidna
04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
thanks Tri, i'm freakin' out.
I just dont like the "hassle" of pre-reggin' for cons such as AZ (& AWA & Katsu just so people dont think AZ is the ONLY con i dont pre-reg for) It's just that i know theres no cap, i know i'll be there early Friday, i know i should get in. Now, my AZ is going to possibly have a cap *cries* Hopefully it wont come to that. LOL.

How is pre-reg a hassle? It's cheap and easy. Even if you can't do it online, you can mail a check. Or even pre-reg at the con the year prior.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
It's a hassle if you do not have a steady job year round therefore do not have the money to do it. I work 3 months a year (summer) and do not work 9 months. That is why i put quotes around "hassle". What's a hassle for me is probably easier for other people. Pre-reg a year in advance is something i dont do because who knows if i'll go to the con the next year and i'd rather not have to go through the "hassle" of getting a refund.

If i pre-reg, it is for larger cons (Dragon*Con, Otakon)

xlynx
04-24-2008, 07:59 AM
man i'm tight on money mabey if i get to the convention,friday morning really early i can get a pass D; I'm soo not going to miss this convention </3
I love animazement<333 I would work there if i knew how too xDD
oooo travel around and work at convention sounds fun to me 8D

mabey i'll be lucky if my check from goverment comes in soon and i can use that xDDD lol <3

TenkanTamago
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
If you had your tax refund direct deposited, then your 'tax rebate' will be, too. If not you gotta wait. They're going in order from 0 - 9 based on the last two digits of your social security number.

And you will be able to get a pass. Please, guys, don't freak out. There is only a VERY SLIM (see almost non-existent) CHANCE there will be a cap.

xlynx
04-28-2008, 07:55 AM
I ordered pass -relef-