PDA

View Full Version : Cure cosplay website help

FantasyNinja
04-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Hello, everyone! I hope that I am posting this in the right place. I recently joined the cure cosplay community, but I am having so much trouble with the site! I have tried to understand everything, and I have even used a translator, but there are things that I have no clue how to use\do.
For example: uploading a profile photo

I feel like I need a crash course on how to use the site :bigcry: .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :bigtu:

tatsumi inui
06-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Please, ask me

Gasei
07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
They recently made English interface, and it seems to be better than on line translater. You can switch into English mode by clicking the "English" botton around the left top part.

Also, they aften have system trouble, so some of the problems might not be caused by your fault.

You can ask the specific questions here or you can PM me if you wish.

YueYing
10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I want to register on Cure.
But everytime I wan to register.
I dont get any Emails on my email account.

rockergirl#1
11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
the cure what is the cure plz tell from ur words and see if it right

Gasei
11-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I want to register on Cure.
But everytime I wan to register.
I dont get any Emails on my email account.

I know the e-mail system is not working well. I first registered using my hotmail, but it came not to work last year.
I found I can use some other e-mail domain such as yahoo or gmail. You might try them.

If you have something you think I can help, you can PM me. I am using CUREcos more.

<added 28,Nov>

I found the official announcement. They said they know @hotmail.co.jp, @hotmail.com, and @msn.com do not work and they are trying to identify the problem.

from (http://cure.livedoor.biz/archives/50671943.html).

Missie
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
i have another problem with cure, and i dun why..
Last time i could uplaod my kairi costume pic and set them Public. and now?
i can only upload Kairi picīs, because they dun aceept the other series and charakters. i can only chance the series but no the charater,,,,

tatsumi inui
12-11-2008, 02:59 AM
i have another problem with cure, and i dun why..
Last time i could uplaod my kairi costume pic and set them Public. and now?
i can only upload Kairi picīs, because they dun aceept the other series and charakters. i can only chance the series but no the charater,,,,

When you cannot choose the series or character which you wish, please find the photograph of the same clothes as the character which you wish. Since [Set the title and character on your picture] is in the lower right of the photograph, a character can be set up for the series expected that it is clicked.

Zabuz
12-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Gasei: Yahoo's mail isn't working for me when I tried it... I don't know how many times I've tried to get a registration mail now...

[Edit]: got it working with another mail : D

ringoox3
12-31-2008, 02:36 AM
i already have an account but, according to a some people - gmail works.

but then again, i registered with goo.

Sarcasm-hime
01-11-2009, 12:03 AM
When you cannot choose the series or character which you wish, please find the photograph of the same clothes as the character which you wish. Since [Set the title and character on your picture] is in the lower right of the photograph, a character can be set up for the series expected that it is clicked.

But what if there are no other photos of that character? When adding a photo and choosing the character it says "Choose a character from list, or add a character in a new entry." but there does not seem to be any place where you can add a new character.

Gasei
01-16-2009, 03:33 AM
excite mail (excite.co.jp) does not work either... x__x;;

edit: it's been so long... but still no mail... :x
i've already remembered my old account's info at this point .__.;;

Gasei: Yahoo's mail isn't working for me when I tried it... I don't know how many times I've tried to get a registration mail now...

It is the time when you realize why CURE cannot be as populer as Cosplay.com in the world; they still have a lot of problems. (Including the other ongoing problem discussed here.) Xp

Anyways, I assume they are also ones of the mail domains in which CURE cannot work well.

I checked the official news, but they still seem not to have have any solution since the last September. Instead, they asks the members to use another mail service.

I believe you already have done millions of times, that the "junk mail" box is also place to check. They use @curecos.com domain.

yukilefay
02-10-2009, 08:39 AM
But what if there are no other photos of that character? When adding a photo and choosing the character it says "Choose a character from list, or add a character in a new entry." but there does not seem to be any place where you can add a new character.

I'm having the same problem. I just can find some series and characters! And I don't know how to add a new one. (if it's really possible.)

Sarcasm-hime
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
After messing around blindly on the Japanese site it appears there IS a way to add new characters, but it has not been implemented for the English site. And I couldn't even add a character on the Japanese site because it seems to be asking for kanji, furigana AND romanji versions of a character's name. :P So it looks like we're screwed until somebody happens to add the characters.

Saravana
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Last year, I attempted to write up a tutorial on how to add series and characters to the Cure database. I hope it's at least a little helpful, they may have changed stuff since the last time I added anything.

http://braisinhussy.livejournal.com/2008/06/13/

(In case you're curious, the series I have successfully added are El Hazard, SSX Tricky, and W.I.T.C.H. The characters I've added are Rune Venus, Elise Riggs, Will Vandom, HIM, Kuro, Honey, and Azula.)

Sarcasm-hime
02-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Ah thanks, I seem to have figured out a roundabout way of acquiring the Japanese characters even though I can't get them to display on my browser. -_-' Wikipedia for the win...

Saravana
02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Ah thanks, I seem to have figured out a roundabout way of acquiring the Japanese characters even though I can't get them to display on my browser. -_-' Wikipedia for the win...

Heh, yeah. I don't have Japanese language input installed on my machine, it's just a lot of copy-paste from Wikipedia. PM me if you have any questions- I'm not terribly knowledgeable, but I'll do what I can! :)

cactusmomma
02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Is there a way to do this with cure's new interface? I search for the character I'd like, and it links me to http://ja.coscure.com/title/add ...but something tells me what I get is for adding series..
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=curetitleaddgd6.jpg

Am I reading this right?

Edit: Also, is there a maintenance going on? When I put in a photo and go to the drop down to enter the series/character, it doesn't change over and will not let my picture be displayed.

Gasei
02-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Is there a way to do this with cure's new interface? I search for the character I'd like, and it links me to http://ja.coscure.com/title/add ...but something tells me what I get is for adding series..
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=curetitleaddgd6.jpg

Am I reading this right?

Edit: Also, is there a maintenance going on? When I put in a photo and go to the drop down to enter the series/character, it doesn't change over and will not let my picture be displayed.

Yes, the page wants you to specify the series, not the name of the character.

As for the photos, you should keep in mind that Cure accepts only .jpeg file. I know some of MS Windows US version cannot handle .jpeg without patch. Also, if you have some Kanji or Hiragana font or even space in the file name, you may see some problem.
If you still have uploading a picture, you can try uploading from other user and putting in your gallery.

By the way, I asked about the problem of e-mail to the adiministrator last month, but I have not gotten any answer yet.

cactusmomma
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Ah, thank you! It ended up happening before the new maintenance took place. Things are working nicely now.

snowblack
03-06-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm having problems with Cure too. I signed up with them with my gmail account. Later on I forgot my password, and had the use the "Forgot your password?" function. Except when I follow the link and change it to a new password, when I go to sign in it still tells me my password is invalid. I tried to sign up for a new account with my yahoo email, but have never got a reply back. Seriously frustrating....:confused:

Dark_Chocolate
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
what happens when you guys get mail from the japanese users? how do you respond to them 0.0?

nightko
03-11-2009, 09:13 PM
what happens when you guys get mail from the japanese users? how do you respond to them 0.0?

I usually try my best to respond back in simple Japanese. (use online translator + my dictionary + my Japanese text book) Some actually sent me mail in English too.

Dark_Chocolate
03-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I usually try my best to respond back in simple Japanese. (use online translator + my dictionary + my Japanese text book) Some actually sent me mail in English too.oh, well I use the translators and try, but I think my messages are very confusing. oh well, I'll try my best thanks for the input:angel:

nguyet136
03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
hx hx I wan to one boster of Nana but

cactusmomma
03-14-2009, 06:31 PM

I use nifty to get a general translation of what's being said: http://tool.nifty.com/globalgate/ Most of the time, the mailings are to fanclubs on what the person's current plans are. I did put a disclaimer in my profile that English messages are preferred..and it's fun when both sides try to use the other's language. To reply though, I will try to see if I can find a friend to translate for me..or if all else fails, put it through the nifty translator (even though it makes very little sense I'm assuming).

Now, I finally figured out where to add new characters, but I keep getting this message:
dfv.character_master_add.name_kana.invalid

Myself and others have tried many different combinations of katakana/furigana/english for each input box and still get that message. Are we missing something entirely?

AngelicHeart
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Since this is a thread about Cure i will write here my problem. ^__^

I recently decided to upload my cosplay pictures, but the problem is that they didn't appeared on my profile page. And many days passed since i uploaded the pictures. I don't understand what happened. They were all in JPG and the size was reasonable. ;__;

cactusmomma
06-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Did you change the 'view' drop down to something other than private?

AngelicHeart
06-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I already found the solution! Thank you for the help! ^___^

nightko
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Could someone translate the exact meaning of the following for me?
(I just want to be sure) Thanks!

# 衣装小物
# 手作り
# なりきり
# オリジナリティ
# フェロモン

Gasei
07-09-2009, 01:45 AM
I was busy preparing for a con and I did not have time to talk about what I got since the last post.

I wrote an e-mail to the cure customer support to tell about the e-mail problems and some problem observen in English page, but I got nothing so far.

I do not like to see they give up improving the site, but it is little sad to see this happens. Inclusing one international cosplay contest held in Japan, Japanese companies seem to be bad at handling cosplay stuff. haha

> nightko, Streigt translation from the top,

costumes and props
hand made
your identifying with the character
originality
pheromone

I am not 100% sure what they want, but I put the number how I care and how I think I am picky about each category.

Nayara
06-20-2010, 06:37 PM

lol, that's what I was wondering as well. I don't want to come off as rude. >_<

Ugh, Cure is a rather complicated site (or maybe I haven't yet gotten accustomed to it).

Does anyone know if you can change the title of albums? I put my photos in the general Cosplayer album, but I don't know...

nightko
06-21-2010, 05:03 PM
lol, that's what I was wondering as well. I don't want to come off as rude. >_<

Ugh, Cure is a rather complicated site (or maybe I haven't yet gotten accustomed to it).

Does anyone know if you can change the title of albums? I put my photos in the general Cosplayer album, but I don't know...

You can definitely rename the General Cosplayer album to some other name you like.
Just go to your Cosplayer Album, then EDIT ALBUM.

Blood_Sword
09-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Hmm, there seems to be a Cure thread so I'll post my problem here...

I've tried many days ago to register in Cure with my hotmail, but I never got a reply back. I've tested with both of my users (both @hotmail.com) but neither one have got a reply... am I doing something wrong or is there an error in the site? ;__;
Please help~

Gasei
09-12-2010, 06:58 AM

I've tried many days ago to register in Cure with my hotmail, but I never got a reply back. I've tested with both of my users (both @hotmail.com) but neither one have got a reply... am I doing something wrong or is there an error in the site? ;__;
Please help~

It is nice to hear I will see you there soon.

So far, I have noticed that some mail accounts are not supported by CURE.
Which includes yahoo, g-mail, hotmail and so on.

I have asked about this problem for a couple of times to the site managers, but I have not gotten any reply yet. So, I think you need to try with another e-mail account.

It seems that some minor free e-mail accounts work there, so how about making a temporary account in some free mail?

kiratsukai
09-12-2010, 07:10 AM
I got a CURE confirmation using my gmail, but it was autosent to my spam folder.

I would check your spam filters. It might be caught in there.

elisiss
09-12-2010, 07:34 AM

Please help~

MSN Hotmail系ドメイン   
  hotmail.co.jp  X
  hotmail.com   X
MSN live系ドメイン 
  live.com  X

hotmail等MSNドメインは使用不可能です

Yahoo系ドメイン
  yahoo.com  X
  yahoo.co.jp  O

Gmailドメイン
  gmail.com   O(Spam)

必要であれば英訳し、さらに詳細な使用可能ドメインを掲載します

Blood_Sword
09-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. :)

It seems that some minor free e-mail accounts work there, so how about making a temporary account in some free mail?
Is it possible to create a temporary account on and then later on switch to one of my "real" ones? (@hotmail.com one)

And, do you have know any of those free e-mail accounts that I could use? Please give me a link. <3

Blood_Sword
09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry for doublepost...

I got it to work by help of elisiss, thank you. :)
I created a gmail account after having created a Cure account (with the help of elisiss) and now it's perfectly working.

Although now I just need to get a grip on how to navigate on that site... orz. XD

My profile: http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=228787

Gasei
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
> Blood Sword.

It is nice to hear you made it.
It took some time for me to see if you can switch to your real e-mail address. (I have registered so long ago that the log-in system is little different from some new users.)

I tried to switch into my hotmail, g-mail (g-mail academic) and another e-mail account of a minor server which I know has been rejected.
It seems that I cannot switch into any of them.

By the way, I am using a g-mail account provided from an institute, so it might have made some difference.

> elisess.

すばやいフォローアップありがとうございました。
  詳しい情報をお持ちですね。 ご自分で全部試されたのですか?
ついでといっては何ですが、わたしが気づいたのは、団体で取ったgmail のアドレスではスパムにも入らないでCureの登録には使えないみたいです。

Blood_Sword
09-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Okey, I'll keep my gmail account just for the sake of Cure. No problems, thanks for your time Gasei! ^^ (hotmail didn't work to switch to)

Elgaladwen
09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Thank you so much for the help already on this thread!

Is there a way to edit existing characters names? With Ariana from Pokemon HG/SS, the character was added before the English names were released, so it just has "Atena" for her English name, since that's what the katakana for it is. It'd be nice to add the English name, so that people could search for it, but I don't want to make a new character entry or anything, since she already exists. (Though I'll live if there is no way to fix this!)

Also, Is there a way to change the order of photos in an album? or to make sub-albums? I stupidly uploaded all my new pictures first, and I'd rather them be at the front. >_<

Nekomatamaru
10-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Thank you so much for the help already on this thread!

Is there a way to edit existing characters names? With Ariana from Pokemon HG/SS, the character was added before the English names were released, so it just has "Atena" for her English name, since that's what the katakana for it is. It'd be nice to add the English name, so that people could search for it, but I don't want to make a new character entry or anything, since she already exists. (Though I'll live if there is no way to fix this!)

Also, Is there a way to change the order of photos in an album? or to make sub-albums? I stupidly uploaded all my new pictures first, and I'd rather them be at the front. >_<

I regret I could not answer your first question on time, but it is nice to hear you find the right answer by yourself. The question you had was one of the things they have been changing for this few years, and it is little confusing.

As for the character names, it is controlled by the site manager except for adding the new character names. That is, you cannot edit the existing character name, and all you can do is to send a request to the site manager, or to register a new character and wait till the manager put them together.
Actually, it is one of the concerns I have had. I also feel it is no good to see Ash and Satoshi are registered as separate characters. This situation happens on some other series, but the manager's job is very slow. :snoring:

http://helpguide.livedoor.com/help/cure/guide/grp267/guide975
http://cure.livedoor.biz/archives/50741599.html

For the album issue, I have not seen any way to change the order of the photos, but there is a way to make a sub album. If you pay the fee (315 JPY a month), you can get "premium membership" which allows you to make more albums, to have more data capacity for the albums, access analysis and so on.

http://ja.curecos.com/premium/

I hope this post can help you a bit.

Blood_Sword
12-06-2010, 07:49 AM
I have a question...
Is it possible to change a Public album to a Cosplayers only album for example?

EDIT: Thank you Gasei for helping! Problem solved.

Hanoko
11-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Now, I finally figured out where to add new characters, but I keep getting this message:
dfv.character_master_add.name_kana.invalid

Myself and others have tried many different combinations of katakana/furigana/english for each input box and still get that message. Are we missing something entirely?

I'm also having the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

Tsumanne
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
The 1st block you need to fill out is the official spelling of the character. Often this is Kanji, but the character's official spelling may be Hiragana/Katakana only, a mix, or even Romaji. Check wiki to be safe if need be.

The 2nd block is the Hiragana version of the official name. Only Hiragana text can be used.

The 3rd block is the English/Romaji spelling. The name order should be changed to reflect Western customs if necessary.

Example
Block1: 黒崎一護
Block2: くろさきいちご
Block3: Ichigo Kurosaki

Hope this helps people out a bit.

MoonWingSamurai
09-07-2014, 03:21 AM
It's been a few months...perhaps even a year...since I posted anything to Cure, but it now appears we can no longer add new titles or characters when uploading photos. Is this happening to everyone or am I just missing something?

sooyong
09-09-2014, 10:52 PM
It's been a few months...perhaps even a year...since I posted anything to Cure, but it now appears we can no longer add new titles or characters when uploading photos. Is this happening to everyone or am I just missing something?

You can, but the English side doesn't give you the option--I actually had to Google the question in Japanese and then switch over to the Japanese Cure site to figure out how to do it.

I can try to post screenshots of the process or just outline the steps when I have time.

EDIT: Cure already has a page (in Japanese) here: http://info.curecos.com/archives/123

I'll outline the steps:

1. Upload a photo, and then go to the edit page. On the edit page, choose either the "Title Search" or the "Character Search" (one of the blue links) to the right of the drop down menus. It doesn't matter which one.

2. Type in something that you know isn't gonna show up in search results.

3. It'll tell you that it can't find what you're looking for, but there will be a blue link that basically says "Register a new costume name." Click on that.

4. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name, the name in Hiragana, and then the English name (in Romaji if it doesn't have an alternate title). You can also choose up to four subcategories. When you're done, click the "Confirm" button.

5. Review the information you entered. If it's good, click the "Register" button.

6. It'll tell you that your series registration is finished, so the next thing to do is to click the "Add new character" link (the first one).

7. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name of the character, the name in Hiragana, and the English/Romaji name. Click "Confirm."

8. Review the info you entered and click "Register."

9. Your new character will show up as a new option, click the "Set" link to the right of the name.

And then you're finished! I guess not having a register option in English keeps from having too many entries.

MoonWingSamurai
09-11-2014, 03:55 AM
You can, but the English side doesn't give you the option--I actually had to Google the question in Japanese and then switch over to the Japanese Cure site to figure out how to do it.

I can try to post screenshots of the process or just outline the steps when I have time.

EDIT: Cure already has a page (in Japanese) here: http://info.curecos.com/archives/123

I'll outline the steps:

1. Upload a photo, and then go to the edit page. On the edit page, choose either the "Title Search" or the "Character Search" (one of the blue links) to the right of the drop down menus. It doesn't matter which one.

2. Type in something that you know isn't gonna show up in search results.

3. It'll tell you that it can't find what you're looking for, but there will be a blue link that basically says "Register a new costume name." Click on that.

4. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name, the name in Hiragana, and then the English name (in Romaji if it doesn't have an alternate title). You can also choose up to four subcategories. When you're done, click the "Confirm" button.

5. Review the information you entered. If it's good, click the "Register" button.

6. It'll tell you that your series registration is finished, so the next thing to do is to click the "Add new character" link (the first one).

7. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name of the character, the name in Hiragana, and the English/Romaji name. Click "Confirm."

9. Your new character will show up as a new option, click the "Set" link to the right of the name.

And then you're finished! I guess not having a register option in English keeps from having too many entries.

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I will try these steps tomorrow. Come to think of it, I do believe I registered at Cure before they offered an English option of their site, so I probably added new characters using your method in the first place...guess I just completely forgot!

MoonWingSamurai
09-12-2014, 02:08 AM
D'oh, never mind! Ignore what I wrote below. Apparently, if the "Set" link does not show up next to the character name after you register it following the above steps, you have to click on the name, which opens a new window, then you have to register the name again (exactly the same way you did it the first time). Once you do that, the "Set" link appears next to the name. Simple, yet complicated!

It all came back to me as I was following your steps...I definitely added new characters before through the Japanese site. However, this time when I registered a character name, it does show up when I search for it in photo edit, BUT there is no "Set" link next to it so I still can't assign the character name to my photos. Now what? Any ideas?

sooyong
09-15-2014, 09:59 PM
D'oh, never mind! Ignore what I wrote below. Apparently, if the "Set" link does not show up next to the character name after you register it following the above steps, you have to click on the name, which opens a new window, then you have to register the name again (exactly the same way you did it the first time). Once you do that, the "Set" link appears next to the name. Simple, yet complicated!

It all came back to me as I was following your steps...I definitely added new characters before through the Japanese site. However, this time when I registered a character name, it does show up when I search for it in photo edit, BUT there is no "Set" link next to it so I still can't assign the character name to my photos. Now what? Any ideas?

That's weird...mind telling me the series and name of the character? Maybe I can do a search and sort of "pseudo-add" it to one of my photos, i.e. see if the "Set" link comes up.

MoonWingSamurai
09-19-2014, 08:13 PM
That's weird...mind telling me the series and name of the character? Maybe I can do a search and sort of "pseudo-add" it to one of my photos, i.e. see if the "Set" link comes up.

It's OK...it all worked out fine. I was able to enter the character/series after following your steps, but it was necessary to perform an extra step when "Set" did not appear next the character name. I did everything correctly since the new character did appear when I searched for it, but the "Set" link was not there. I couldn't figure out what the problem might be, so I just clicked on the character name to see what would happen. A new box opened requesting that I enter the exact same character name info as before. I figured what would it hurt if I filled in the fields again, so I did and "Set" suddenly appeared next to the name! Maybe it was just a one-time glitch, but now I know what to do if I ever have a problem with the "Set" link again.

The character/series I entered was Henshin Ninja Arashi.

After this, I don't think I'll ever forget how to enter new characters at the Cure site!

Thanks again for your awesome instructions!