PDA

View Full Version : Costumes for A-kon 15

Scortia
06-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Hahaha, I know it is incredibly early... but they asked this on the A-kon boards like 2 days after A-kon 14 ended, but... who do you plan to cosplay for A-kon 15? I'm honestly debating whether I'm going to A-kon 15 or not, because I'd like to go to Animazement because it looks like lots of fun... and, they're within a week or two of each other. ^^;; If I find people to make a group with, maybe I'm more likely to go. Well, for me, these are the costumes I plan to or will make depending on what is in demand:

EDIT
*cuts original list* Okay, hehehe, I'm going to A-kon (airfare is too much :) ...I'd rather wait to take a nice trip out to California one day and hit a con there maybe... depends on whoever the guests end up being... so,... here's what will be done by then:

Akio of Utena (red pimping shirt)
Akio of the Utena movie (pink pimping shirt ^^;;)
Ocarina of Violinist of Hameln
"Au Revoir" Yu~ki of Malice Mizer
Makino Tsukushi of Hana Yori Dango (if I find a Doumyouji, this is a definite cosplay (*nosebleed*)

*possibly Schrodinger of Hellsing, Saiyuki's Goku in an uber-cute casua l outfit from the artbook, and I'd be an Angel Sanctuary cosplayer if there's a group... I have a lot of favorites... could easily recycle my Shiroi outfit into a Mad Hatter outfit*

The ones that I think I'm making specifically for A-kon will be:
Remus Lupin of Harry Potter
Sailor Uranus of Sailormoon (with a short skirt, the way it should be!)
Ryuichi of Gravitation
"Shiroi" Yu~ki of Malice Mizer

The others, I'll scoop out if people want to make groups...I'm a part of a cosplay group (the Furuba clan!), so we have some Utena, Sailormoon, and Harry Potter cosplayers. I really like group pictures ^o^ I have an idea for an amusing Mizer skit for people who wouldn't mind losing their dignity. :P

Griever
06-19-2003, 07:59 PM
I don't think it's early at all.
I've already started planning on going to
A-kon 15. I plan on going as Leon from
Kingdom Hearts.
Sorry it doesn't match any of your costumes,
but I hope to see you there if u decide to go.
:D

SwordsWoman
06-20-2003, 12:55 AM
sorry Scortia, but im going to A-kon 15 as jam and my freinds is going as Dizzy from Guilty Gear X
mmm but if you see me give a yell. a freind of mine will be coming too, she is doing someone from Gravitation if that helps u have an idea of who u want to be. dont know who she is going as yet but i will keep u updated on that ok.

caelestis
06-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Depending on what I can actually finish (I'm doing stuff for Ushicon too), I'm going to go as the Unknown (prolly the Blind) from KF: Final Mix, Mononoke Hime, SeeD Selphie, or the possibility of going as Shinobi (PS2 version-- game sucked, but I love the outfit ^_^)

I actually have a huge list of costumes I want to make-- so whatever I finish is what I'll probably bring

Enyalis
07-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Hehe, I don't think it's too early to be planning for A.kon15 at all ^_^ I will be cosplaying Rabi~en~Rose (Di Gi Charat) and hopefully Eudial (SailormoonS) and a casual costume for an anime character. I'm actually 70% done on my Rabi~en~Rose costume, lol...

Scortia
07-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Wai! Are you making Eudial's huge weapon too? ^.^ It'd be cute if you could find one of those little Tonka cars in a white station wagon shape and put a black star on it and steer it around at the con. ;P

Enyalis
07-01-2003, 11:29 PM
lol...yes, that would be kewt ^_^;; but instead of having her lazer gun thingy, I'm just going to make her Witches 5 staff. Of course, this is depending on whether or not I have the costume done in time, since I've just decided on also making the costume Mana wears with Kozi when he's in his baseball player outfit. My friend will be cosplaying Kozi and I Mana ^_^ I'm about 30% done on Mana, hehe...

LordRahl007
07-02-2003, 02:44 AM
I don't know if I'm gonna go or not next year, it depends on my financial situation. AnimeFest is a definite, and if I have the funds I'll do A-kon too. Anway, if I do, I plan on having an improved Ico, my fail-safe costume Ryoga, and if I have it done in time (which I doubt I will), Gatts

korena
07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
next year im gunna do..

Sirius black ( XD we could go together!)
Sha Goujo from Saiyuki with a friend as Sanzo
Fuct hide =B
Kiyoshi from Machine
Kyo from dir en grey
and Natsuki from Duel Jewel o_O

all is crossplay XD ha...i just relized that..

Scortia
07-08-2003, 05:19 PM
*_* Ahhh Sirius! *severe canine glompage* I definitely will have to find you... and maybe bring a leash or something for a photoshoot. ^o^

Sephiroth-chan
07-27-2003, 09:58 AM
I guess it's time for me to put my 2 cents in. ^_^ I'm going as Kimahri Ronso from FFX. I'm trying to make everything as completely detailed as in the character pics and screenshots from the game. Bleh....dying fur os SOOO messy.

I'm wondering if anyone else will be doing a FFX character also?

kyandi-chan
07-28-2003, 01:47 AM
ahhh here be my costumes for A-kon that I'm making...I will most likely have a group! If u wanna start groups...whee!

EDIT February 2 2004

-Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) (fursuit) (100% to have, airbrushed= maybe)
-Malin (King of Fighters 2003) (For the Dance)
-Cham Cham (Samurai Showdown) (With AnimeCat as the alternate colour)
-Komugi-chan (Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Maji Karte Stage 1)
-Ruki/Rika (Digimon Tamers) (Need more people for the digimon group!)
-Rikku (FFX) (Possibly...So far so good)

Gren
07-28-2003, 09:07 AM
I'll probably wear some medly of costumes I'm making this year, and older costumes.

I'm hoping I will have Seymour from FFX finished (all depends on the wig) and will be able to premeire him there.

New for the year, I should have Heartless Riku from Kingdom Hearts (Hopefully permeire at A-Fest), and Knives from Trigun (hopefully premeire at Ushicon) done.

I'll probably let people pick whether they'd rather see a revisitation from my Red Mima or Halloween Sora

Will probably bring Edward, and just wear her for one of those points where you want to wander about unencumbered.

Sempai
07-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Woot for A-kon!!!!!!!

Shuichi Shindo (concert)- Gravitation
Jing- King of Bandit Jing
EVA 05- End of Evanglion
Sango-Inu Yasha
Rei Ayanami(plug suit)-Evangelion
Yuki-Fruits Basket

This list might be edited in the future. Depends on how tight money is.

Scortia
07-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Gren: Revisit Halloween Sora! *_* Sweeeeet.

*does the Gravitation dance with Sempai* I hope there'll be a ton of Gravitation cosplayers next year... they were lacking aside from some Shuichi, a few Ryuichi, and a Tohma and Noriko. I have a friend doing Rei's plugsuit as well for A-kon... and probably Kaworu's plugsuit... much Eva love. I love that sig... "Still smells like... blood" *smacks Shinji*

Griever
07-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Oooo. Halloween Sora would be awesome.

Gren
07-28-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm glad the costume's turned out to be so popular! ^_^;;

I need to make repairs to my keyblade though... *Puts on "to do" list*

kyandi-chan
07-30-2003, 03:34 PM
REVIST HALLOWEEN SORA!! I LOVED IT!

RuthlessJS
07-30-2003, 10:41 PM
I need to come up with costume ideas for the next A-KON. O_o

SwordsWoman
07-31-2003, 04:59 PM
i could probly come up with a bunch of peoples for u to be Ruthless.....but they would mostly be game characters tho....have u played any of the Guilty Gear games?

RuthlessJS
07-31-2003, 05:22 PM
Name a few. Please... :)

I have not played any of the Guilty Gear games. Can you think of any anime characters by chance.

I am already working on the Jax costume
(just bought the spandex pants.....yeah spandex :P....online the other day). Now I am working on finding the silver liquid latex which I will use to coat my arms in to make the metal arms.

I'm also planning on making a Balrog costume from Street Fighter 2 when I have a chance.

Considering the fact that I will have 3 costumes(including my barret costume)....all of them from video games...I will want to look into making a anime costume. :)

SwordsWoman
07-31-2003, 05:32 PM
agh dont worry bout having tocwear spandex, u can tell Jax wears it too so i dont see a problem with it.....just make sure that u have a bit of balck paint so that u can put the detailing on ur arms too.....
too bad that u havent cuz i was going to say that u would make for a decent Venom........see sweet and lovely Venom ^_~ (http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/venom-ggx.html)
anyway before i go nuts again...i wuill have to go look for the peoples from anime shows and such so digging in the dirt of show pics i shall do....tho i dont think u should limit urself to just the dark skinned people...or else i would have a few to tell u now....owell

RuthlessJS
07-31-2003, 07:59 PM
I haven't ruled out doing any game characters yet. I just want to try to find a anime character to cosplay.

I know I shouldnt limit myself to cosplaying dark skinned people but I have had trouble trying to decide on someone to cosplay who's lightskinned.

I thought about cosplay Kurpica from Hunter x Hunter because hes one of my favorite anime characters but I don't know if I would make a very convincing kurpica.....he has blonde hair and blue eyes, wears earrings, and is pasty white. I think I would not look anything like him:(

Please Swordswoman let me know of any anime characters(light skinned or dark skinned) you think I should cosplay. :)

SwordsWoman
08-01-2003, 04:45 PM
all the anime people that i see r really skinny and dont have the build that u would want to relate to.....trust me Ruthless im looking for a good body to put u in but all these damned peoples r too small for u....~_~ i will continues my search so dont think im not going to come up with something

other news...after a long search in my movies i have found my beloved MK2 DVD, actually call Mortal Kombat Annihilation!!! *holds it up for all to see* and im watching it now on my pc to try and remember the name of that dumb centaur/reptile....i love my MK movies ^_^ ...i have an obsession/fettish with fights and built men^_~ hehe but im also watching it to get better details on Jax's mech arms and yes tho it would be easier to paint it on, he has large add-on arms nearly twice the size of his real ones...*hugs and kisses MK2 cover* i love it too much, that and i havent seen it in........2 weeks ^_^

Motaro was the bastard's name!! ahaha

RuthlessJS
08-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Swordswoman- That's one thing I've been having a problem with is finding characters that have the same build as my body. I was thinking about cosplaying Kurpica(from Hunter x Hunter) but for me to cosplay a character.....I just need to have a similiar build.

I just ordered the silver shimmering metallic latex paint....cost 65 dollars for a gallon of it. I know thats alot but this paint is suppose to look really good.....I guess I will see :)

SwordsWoman
08-02-2003, 01:12 AM
O.@ that is a bit much to pay for that paint.... but if it works like its spos to then i guess it would be worth it.......

is Kurpica have a bigger build then u? or smaller? cuz i dont think i saw that one.....if i did then i dont remember....

RuthlessJS
08-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Here is a picture of Kurpica from HxH.

http://www.hunterhq.com/character/main_kurapika.htm

Scortia
08-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Kurapica is such a tiny thing... but then, Leorio has a real lack of costume going for him too. I'd recommend Hisoka, but despite how cool he is, his outfit is so lame. >_<;; Kuroro is cool with a cool outfit as well... as for other suggestions, I sort of need to have an idea of what series you like. ;P Nothing is less fun than to wear a costume of a character that you haven't watched before. ^^ btw, I was very impressed by your Barret at A-kon. ^.^ Really good poses.

RuthlessJS
08-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Thanks Scortia :)

It's weird that you mentioned cosplaying as Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter because I actually was thinking yesterday about cosplaying as him. I love Hunter X Hunter but I cant really think of any people I could cosplay. I've considered Gon, Killua, and Hisoka. Ive also thought about the head guy of the umm.....hmmm the head guy of the gang that kurpica is hunting down. :)

Gren
08-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Colonel Michael Heartleand from Argento Soma's one of those elsusive black char's and he's built like a manly black man.

Plus I like the series in general, though it's brand new, so no one's heard of it. -_- One of these days I'll finish my Ryu Soma costume... yesss..... Just something to consider if you're ever feeling in need of ideas.

hypergirl
08-07-2003, 12:49 AM
I am planning on going as:

Celes Victoria (Hellsing)
Kagura (Fruits Basket)
And i REALLY REALLY want to be Kome (Blue seed)

Would anyone recognize me as Kome? Blue seed doesn't seem to be the most popular anime ever. haha

SwordsWoman
08-07-2003, 02:44 AM
i have seem the first epi. of blue sed and i thik i would be able to kno who u r. i will have to go back to blockbuster and get the video to remind myself of the person or get some photos of them....with me, i have to be prepared for the forgeting part...~____~

Lady Subaru
08-07-2003, 03:40 PM
I'll be dressed up as Kaguya from Planet Ladder and hopefully Aye/Ceres from Ceres: Celesital Legends.

djmihoshi
08-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by kyandi chan

-Cait Sith (Ff7 for ryo)

YAY! Another Cait Sith! My little sis is going as Cait Sith ^_^. It's gonna be really cute. She's so short.

Me? Well, I'm Ifrit from FFX. The costume's about....20% done. I never knew making a fursuit was so hard!!! And now, thanks to the costume, my formerly white floor has become a light brown due to all the fur ^_^;. Ah well.
I'm also probably gonna go as Asuka for one of the days again. We're bringing Evangelion Limbo back! W00t!

Sephiroth-chan
08-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Saaa..Evangelion Limbo? Why Not Final Fantasy Whith My Kimahri Lance? lol Fun for the whole Famn Damily.

Nataku7
08-11-2003, 03:09 AM
I'm sure most of you have heard of Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne by now, and I plan on going as the angel Finn Fish from the series. Thing is, the costume I am working on is from the artbook. It's a pretty elaborate costume, and it will take alot of time to get just right. So mosty likely that costume will debut in 2005 and for next year I'l go as Megumi from Kenshin with my sister as Misao and fiance' as Sanosuke. Hope to see all you fellow kenshin players there!

djmihoshi
08-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth-chan
Saaa..Evangelion Limbo? Why Not Final Fantasy Whith My Kimahri Lance? lol Fun for the whole Famn Damily.

Bwahaha! That'd be AWESOME! Also, how hare you making your Kimahri fursuit? Are you using a pattern? I'm getting one of those bodysuit gymnastic things, covering parts with foam (y'know..muscles) and covering that with fur. I can't wait to see the final Kimahri fursuit ^_^!!!

RuthlessJS
08-11-2003, 01:42 PM
hmm I should make a Kimhari fursuit... O_o

Sephiroth-chan
08-11-2003, 01:57 PM
My most secret of secrets....PANTYHOSE!

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen (of course, some of us trip and slip into each and the other category..sometimes both), the secret of those rippling pecs, biceps, etc is pantyhose. Why? good question.

First I will call it the suit. What it actually is are a pair of leggings and a light but long sleeved shirt. Next, I take pantyhose and wear it over my leggings then begin to stuff with quilting batting and using super strong fabric bonding glue to seal off the areas to create the muscle forms. At the moment, without my fur, I look like Hanz or Franz from Saturday Night Live. For the top, I use one of those light whispy thin dance tops and do likewise.

Next, after I dye all my fur the right color...I set it over the muscles with attention on form and structure. I want to LOOK like a ronso and feel ike one too. So, no pattern here, Folks. For the white tufts of hair, I nestle in some white hair extensions.
After I get my fur on the suit, I'll have pics taken.

RuthlessJS
08-11-2003, 02:07 PM
wow.......dont give away all of your secrets :)

Gren
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Cosplay secrets are made to be given. ^o^

twelve keys
08-11-2003, 04:34 PM
As long as nothing crazy happens, this will be my first con. Im leaning maybe towards Jecht. I know it sounds a little easy, but its my first and I dont want to screw it up =p

Gren
08-11-2003, 05:39 PM
If you go to the http://www.a-kon.com/ bbs, we're trying to jigsaw together a FFX group (Yes. We're already forming little photo get togethers. Oyyy. ^_^;;) It would be lovely to have a Jecht!

Scortia
08-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Speaking of groups... damnit, I want to be a part of a group again... I had so much fun being in the Furuba group at A-kon 14.. but then, originally, I just decided to be Haru and then the numbers just multiplied like nuts and we had a group. ^^;; I'd practically kill for an Utena group since it is really falling back in the shadows of cosplaying. ;_; I'll have 2 Akio costumes by then. *cries* The possibility of a Gravitation group is one that I don't even need to ask about... that'll happen without even trying. ^^;; *waves her custom-made Kumagoro and goes back to lurking* ^o^

twelve keys
08-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I just might have to do that. Im still in the process of growing my hair to the right length. I cant do the wig thing, it just doesnt feel right on me. That and I have never made a costume so Im going to need lots of time to do this =p

djmihoshi
08-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Sephiroth-chan: Niiiice. That sounds like a really more advanced version of what I'm doing. I've got some of my pics of the claws, head, etc in my cosplay gallery. (So you can learn what NOT to do....j/k ^_^). That's gotta be a mess to dye all that fur blue.

Twelve Keys: It'd be nice to have a Jecht. Our only requirement is that you must be able to do the Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III ^_^. Nah, I kid, I kid.

Hm....are we gonna have a skit?? even if we aren't, I intend to blast out the 'Final Fantasy ROBOVoice' thru most of the con. That'll make great limbo music for our FINAL FANTASY LIMBO!
::singing along:: Final fantasy is an RPG, the only one that I need, it's the RPG for meeeee....

Trinity
08-19-2003, 03:24 PM
I think I'm going to be doing Tokyo Mew Mew at this upcoming A-kon -- as Mint, if all goes well!

Aiji Sasayaki
08-20-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm going as an original character. Aiji Sasayaki (Yeah, could have guessed the name of it, huh..?) It's a male character, but..he's androgeous, so it's okay. He's sorta..a cross between a white crow and a Chinese dragon. I look more like a plushy than anything else though, with all the fur and feathers, and such. If you see a girl with a really long, white, feather tail with a pink bow on it, and horns on her head..that's me ^_^ I'll be there with my two friends (I only have two friends ^_^ ,V,,)

Artema
08-20-2003, 06:11 PM
A-Kon 15? hmm...

I'll reprise my role as Trinity and I might bring two other costumes:

Fan character Harriet Potter (female Harry, AU)
Crossplay as an angsty, pretty Severus Snape

If I can I'm going to try to drag along a group of friends to dress up so we can have a large HP coterie.

I'd like to find a Morpheus and more Agents to go with the Matrix theme though... I already have a Neo and another friend and his brother are probably going to come as The Twins. :3

RuthlessJS
08-20-2003, 06:21 PM
I'd like to find a Morpheus and more Agents to go with the Matrix theme though... I already have a Neo and another friend and his brother are probably going to come as The Twins. :3

I have plans to make a Morpheus costume.....hmm I dont have a planned costume for A-kon 15 but maybe I will consider going ahead and making a morpheus costume for A-kon 15 :)

Artema
08-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Woohoo! -glomp-

You'll make a perfect Morpheus! ^-^

One step closer to making a full group... we might could work out a skit for next year's con as well...

RuthlessJS
08-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Matrix Skit!!!! :)

That would be awesome. Sign me up :D

Scortia
08-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Fan character Harriet Potter (female Harry, AU)
Crossplay as an angsty, pretty Severus Snape

If I can I'm going to try to drag along a group of friends to dress up so we can have a large HP coterie.

Whoo! Do y'all plan to go see the movie in the Friday AM too!? *points at her post, the first one in this thread* I have a group that is making Potter costumes for the opening as well... an angsty Severus... *gush* You look liked you'd crossplay really well too. So far I am going as Remus (my cloak's patches are so cute :) and I have friends going as a Slytherin girl, McGonnagal, and Tonks. Someone in this thread said they're going as Sirius as well. *_* Wow, we should organize a huge group to go from the hotel to the nearest theater. ^o^ cloaks billowing down the sidewalk and all.

Artema
08-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Whoo! Do y'all plan to go see the movie in the Friday AM too!? *points at her post, the first one in this thread* I have a group that is making Potter costumes for the opening as well... an angsty Severus... *gush* You look liked you'd crossplay really well too. So far I am going as Remus (my cloak's patches are so cute :) and I have friends going as a Slytherin girl, McGonnagal, and Tonks. Someone in this thread said they're going as Sirius as well. *_* Wow, we should organize a huge group to go from the hotel to the nearest theater. ^o^ cloaks billowing down the sidewalk and all.

I definetly plan to see the movie when it first comes out! ^^ Like I said, I'm going to drag friends along and make them cosplay too >3

Lol, I've never been told outright that I'd look good crossplaying a male character XD Most of my friends (who are Sev fanatics) just about died when I told them of my plans though. ^^ Sev is loverly... and by that time my hair should be long enough as well >3

Scortia
09-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Mwahahaha... being told you look good for crossplay is like a crossplayers dream. *gush* When I think of how menacing you looked as Trinity, it just seems you could really pull off Severus. Mwahaha, I'll have to find you so we can all do angsty and amusing Potter shots. *searches* There. http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=19138 *hugs her oversized cuffs and patches* Mwahaha, I already have my Lupin... need the wolf ears and it'll be done... and the collar and leash, of course ^.^

RuthlessJS
09-03-2003, 01:18 AM
I'm thinking about trying to make a Morpheus costume before Matrix Revolutions comes out. :)

Radical Urd
09-13-2003, 03:09 PM
So far i have not made it to Akon for the past 3 years of my being in Texas. And, as is my tradition, i'm shooting to make it there. Lesse i'm working on Dizzy-Guilty Gear XX, Hinoto-X/1999, and maybe another game character, perhaps Morrigan from Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers

SwordsWoman
09-13-2003, 06:00 PM
hey if ur going to be Dizzy for A-kon i would love to get together with u Urd. im getting together a Millia for mself to be and have some friends to be a DIzzy, Jam, May, and maybe a Baiken too. if u want we can try to get a GGX group together and take all sorts of pics and maybe a skit too. ^_^ BTW which version r u trying to make of Dizzy?

Trinity
09-13-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm thinking about trying to make a Morpheus costume before Matrix Revolutions comes out. :)

If you do, you should come down to Denton for the premiere. ^_^ I'll be there in all my Trinity-ness.

Radical Urd
09-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Im doing the like i don't know what to call it, but the version of her when she has the black and white wings, only i'm doing it with the hooded face and the woman in the wings. Also! I've just confirmed my last costume (maybe last) Morrigan! I'm trying to do it with wings that spread out when i move my arms. It'll be sweet!

Tenya Muyo
09-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Oooooooooooo, a Dizzy cosplay!! Hardly ever see those! I'm trying to get one going for A-kon 15 too, if I lose the weight in time. :thumbsup: But if not that, then definetly Kouga, and Mido Ban and Amano Ginji! :jjacks:

shin kurenai
09-15-2003, 07:24 PM
i want to do either chipp or ky

:>

i think chipp is more than likely the one to go with because i really really want to do a K' costume this akon.

SwordsWoman
09-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Im doing the like i don't know what to call it, but the version of her when she has the black and white wings, only i'm doing it with the hooded face and the woman in the wings. Also! I've just confirmed my last costume (maybe last) Morrigan! I'm trying to do it with wings that spread out when i move my arms. It'll be sweet!umm....thats what most of her versions have, black/white wings... i meant like r u doing her white clothing version or her black one(original fighting clothes) since her dress one doesnt have wings...or maybe her mid. version with her being all black with the red glowing eyes(see my sig's 2nd pic)... i will post pictures of the versions if u need me to.
i wish that i had all of my Felicia with me still, cuz then i would be able to be with u on the Dark Stalkers theme. ~___~ that blows for now. i also have a site that u can make the wings to move on comand if u want that as well...
oh if u do a GG charater Shin, will u do a Chipp? i like him ^_^ but it would be better if i got a Sol to be dragged into my group...(must find my BF and get him to be Sol ^_~)

shin kurenai
09-15-2003, 07:32 PM
i wont have my hair long enough to do sol :< its naturally brown too :< and i have a tan :<<

boo~~

i dunno how to start this chipp costume..probably with just a lot of plain fabrics , maybe some fishnet

tan chipp is going to be a little odd..but eh! :D

ah well

TrigunWolf
09-16-2003, 10:05 AM
If I'm lucky......

I will be Auron from FFX come A-Kon 15, so I can fit in with my Tidus and Wakka friends.

Also I will be doing Wolfwood again, because I'm only going to be improving it each year.

If I'm anything else, it will be a surprise.

Trinity
09-16-2003, 10:22 PM
I'm hoping I will have Seymour from FFX finished (all depends on the wig) and will be able to premeire him there.

Looks like I'm bringing Yuna back. ^^

TrigunWolf
09-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Wow....If my friends are gonna be Tidus and Wakka again. And I have my Auron outfit.

It looks like we could get one big FFX Group together...If everyone wanted, of course.

djmihoshi
09-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Wow....If my friends are gonna be Tidus and Wakka again. And I have my Auron outfit.

It looks like we could get one big FFX Group together...If everyone wanted, of course.

That'd be über-cool. Crazy FFX out-of-character madness!
...or in-character...whatever...I can do that...

...Rooraarrr.. gr....rar....

Dr. Octashawn
09-30-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm hoping by the time A-Kon rolls around that I'll have costumes for-

Hiro from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Larva From Vampire Princess Miyu
My own version of Vash from Trigun

Aiji Sasayaki
09-30-2003, 01:40 PM
A Hiro costume would be cool ^_^ I love that damn game..

shin kurenai
09-30-2003, 04:42 PM
im really hoping to do k'

does someone want to help me? (;o; )/)

Trinity
10-01-2003, 01:49 AM

An FFX group would be great again. I've missed it so much. I don't know if I can convince my Tidus to make another appearance .. she might not want to go through the trauma of getting into that costume again, but there's no other Tidus that I know who has the attitude down as much as she does. ^_^ She's great. And I know I can get my sister to go as Rikku again, so all will be well.

There's definite potential.

Aiji Sasayaki
10-01-2003, 10:36 AM
I'll help you with K', Shin Kurenai. I live right by Dallas, in Abilene, so I know the area pretty well if it's supplies you need, or if you need pictures of K' and what not. Just feel free to ask ^_^

shin kurenai
10-06-2003, 02:40 PM
the easiest part for me should be the hair. it fluffs out just like mr. k'~ ^_^

the hardest parts i need to start working on are the pants and jacket, as well as the glove and the cross necklace he wears. i have a pair of boots i wear with a lot of costumes and those should work nicely~

im not sure if i i should try and somehow create the jacket and pants from fabric/pleather, or just try and find the jacket and pants at stores x_x;

do you happen to know good places around dallas/ft worth that have like..cheap..pleather..fabrics?

im thinking about just driving around and looking for black pleather couches on the curbsides of the streets..and taking to them with a knife!! wahha! XD

Aiji Sasayaki
10-06-2003, 02:45 PM
All I can really think of is Hancocks Fabrics. I'm not sure if Dallas has a Hobby Lobby, but they usually carry different types of fabrics. Hm, Jo Ann's also if theres one. The cross necklace, go to like Spencers or Hot Topic. They may have something close to what the necklace looks like. If ordering online doesn't bother you, you can always look at http://www.lip-service.com. They have pleather pants on and off.

Trinity
10-06-2003, 09:09 PM
I know that there's Hobby Lobby in Denton, which is relatively close to Dallas -- maybe thirty minutes or so away? It seems to have a pretty decent selection of fabrics and the sort!

shin kurenai
10-06-2003, 09:10 PM
i know there are a lot around dallas

i havent been to any ^^; just grandma fabric stores~

im gonna have to start working on this costume probably during winter break ;_; calculus is handing my ass to me now ><

Aiji Sasayaki
10-07-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm still not completely familiar with the Dallas area, though I plan to move there at the end of this year. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Trinity
10-07-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm slowly becoming more and more familiar with Dallas and the surrounding areas (given that's where I go to school!), so I might be able to help somewhat if anyone needs anything. And I adore sneaking and poking about on eBay, so I might be able to help there as well. ^^;

Chrissakes this sounds like a personal ad. =)

Gren
10-07-2003, 11:24 PM
www.velvetfabric.com has pleather. I bought some from them for my Knives costume. It is smooth and delightful and of garment quality. That means it will be floppy. About as floppy as a Suede pelt. I love it much.

kyandi-chan
10-08-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm gonna be a variety of Mugi costumes! Wait to see the shiny cuteness! I'm also going to be Renamon's trainer, Ruki/Rika with AnimeCat in her Renamon costume. I'll drag along my Zelda I'm making for Halloween and hopefully...I'll finish Red XIII and Berserker Yuna.

I just want more furry cosplay...

Aiji Sasayaki
10-09-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm..semi-furry, lol. I'm more anthro. It's just the guy dressed as a nurse in my avatar that I'm going as. He has ears, tail, etc. He's suppose to be a Chinese dragon/crow mix. There's a bigger picture of him in my profile if anyones interested.

kyandi-chan
10-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Mugi is a nurse with bunny ears and wings! lets meet up at akon and fight to the death! *takes out her huuuuge needle*

Aiji Sasayaki
10-10-2003, 10:13 AM
*Takes out..uh, a large medical book* You're on! lol.
I probably won't have the nurse suit for A-Kon. I just moved to Texas just this summer, and the weather is a bit too hot on me. But I'll still be there as Aiji ^_^

kyandi-chan
10-11-2003, 03:24 AM
blah its just 100 degrees! *takes out thermometer* and im 98 degrees of love!

Sephiroth-chan
10-12-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm gonna be a variety of Mugi costumes! Wait to see the shiny cuteness! I'm also going to be Renamon's trainer, Ruki/Rika with AnimeCat in her Renamon costume. I'll drag along my Zelda I'm making for Halloween and hopefully...I'll finish Red XIII and Berserker Yuna.

I just want more furry cosplay...

Saaa! You better do your Red! I'm going to need plenty of other furry people to torment when I do Kimahri

Aiji Sasayaki
10-13-2003, 10:11 AM
It's the humid air, not really the heat, actually. I guess I should be use to it by then ^_^ We'll see.

Sundance Kid
10-14-2003, 10:32 PM
I am going as Vash the Stampede. Here's a list of the other costumes my family is doing:
Sis: Meryl Strife
Mom: Witch Hunter Robin
BF Amanda: Rikku or Spike (FF X and Cowboy Bebop)
Friend Maya: Millie Thomson
Friend Brat: Kuroneko and Dizzy (Trigun and Guilty Gear)
Friend Jacob: Rurouni Kenshin
Friend Josh: Wolfwood
Other's attending with us have yet to be determined.

Here's a good place in dallas to get all sorts of costume material, costumes, wigs, and accessories. go to www.buffaloexchange.com
It's awesome! ^_^ Hope that helps. Love and Peace!

Xais
10-17-2003, 01:37 AM
I think I'll either be doing Taijou Roukun or Ou Tenkun (Dude seen in my avitar.) if I don't get my Li Nataku just right. In any case it'll more or less be a Senkaiden Houshin Engi character.

That is unless between now and then I find a group to go with.

Scortia
10-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Xais: DEFINITELY get a group for Houshin Engi... I made Roushi for A-kon last year and was totally unrecognized.

Xais
10-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah I know I need a group but this is my delema:

I E.T.S. from the army on may 23, 2004. A-kon will be my first con as a free man. I intend to move to texas in dallas ft.worth but I originally come from Washington state. So finding friends to go with in a few days to not only see if they KNOW what H.E. is, but still to get them to decide on costumes and characters. There are a lot of difficult designs in that series.

Scortia
10-17-2003, 08:56 PM
This is the perfect time to find members then... I met most of my group purely online... cosplaylab.com has a page where you can post that you are looking for potential groups...

Yes, H.E. designs are a real bitch... only those who have sewed and *stuffed* Roushi's jacket would understand. ;_;

Sundance Kid
10-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Update on group:
My friend Korri is going as Ed from Cowboy Bebop! ^_^ Yay!

kyandi-chan
10-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Is anyone interested in a Nurse Witch Komugi-chan cosplay? (i wonder if cortney is...)...I need Koyumi

Xais
10-18-2003, 11:25 PM
Well I could try that but before I do I need to make sure it's really what I am going to do. I would also like to see what other groups are going.

mugimugipop
10-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Is anyone interested in a Nurse Witch Komugi-chan cosplay? (i wonder if cortney is...)...I need Koyumi

*big huge happy eyes* your gonna be Komugi for a-kon toooo? sswweeeeettt. =3 which outfit? im gonna be sooo jealous if you get a koyori X3;;;

anyway,my list! ((if i go.*winks at Scortia*))

Asuka-Evangelion
Komugi-Soultaker ((pink dress))
Etna-Hour of Darkness
Kagura of Furuba
Luchia-Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch

weeee. <3 mugers.

kyandi-chan
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
whoa i mispelled the poor girls name...*is out of it* Koyori!!! I'm gonna do her cute stage 2 outfit...Which is super poofy and the big bunny ears have black on the tips...not to mention, big white paws!

mugimugipop
10-20-2003, 05:59 PM
whoa i mispelled the poor girls name...*is out of it* Koyori!!! I'm gonna do her cute stage 2 outfit...Which is super poofy and the big bunny ears have black on the tips...not to mention, big white paws!

O____O dddoooddeee...im so envious XD im determined to make that costume one day ^_^ heh. i love Koyoru-chans outfit..but i have to make too many costumes for akon already >>; *slow death* XD; my camera is gonna molest you :p

AKA: i will get a ton of pictures of you. XDD wooo..photoshoot o.o;;; and,we can get pictures of us both in mugi-gear =3

kyandi-chan
10-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Of course course! I will take many cameras and get many piccies!! Maybe I'll get to do the first costume too? Stage 2 is cooler though

SwordsWoman
10-22-2003, 09:49 PM
well with all the **** thats going on, i have managed to get a few more into my GGX group and now have 2 Baikens (red/black and blue) and a Milla Rage and even a female Venom in the ranks, but i need more men to be played! (note to self... never try and get SK to agree to being original or yellow Baiken...bad mental images to get stuck in head @_@...x_x) anyways, Brat bought some white wings and we both have the shoes that we will be using for the costumes and we r still on a mission to find more good black swimsiut fabric since she used what she had on another costume for me. i will have more on this topic later.....

Cherry
10-23-2003, 06:03 AM
Let's see... I'm doing:

For sure:

Anthy from Utena (Movie Version)
Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid
*SUPER SECRET COSTUME*
Legolas from Lord of the Rings (Remake!)

BIG Maybes:Some may be held off until Oni-Con or next A-Kon
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Lady Luck Rikku (FFX-2)
Lady Luck Yuna (FFX-2)
Reno (KH Version. Original Design)
Sephiroth (All three versions)

nico_chan
11-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Kurapica is such a tiny thing... but then, Leorio has a real lack of costume going for him too. I'd recommend Hisoka, but despite how cool he is, his outfit is so lame. >_<;; Kuroro is cool with a cool outfit as well... as for other suggestions, I sort of need to have an idea of what series you like. ;P Nothing is less fun than to wear a costume of a character that you haven't watched before. ^^ btw, I was very impressed by your Barret at A-kon. ^.^ Really good poses.

YES! You were an AWESOME Barrett! Just... wow... O_O

nico_chan
11-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Let's see... I'm doing:

For sure:

Anthy from Utena (Movie Version)
Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid
*SUPER SECRET COSTUME*
Legolas from Lord of the Rings (Remake!)

BIG Maybes:Some may be held off until Oni-Con or next A-Kon
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Lady Luck Rikku (FFX-2)
Lady Luck Yuna (FFX-2)
Reno (KH Version. Original Design)
Sephiroth (All three versions)

*GAAAAAAAASP* I LOVE Metal Gear games! Snake is the best! \^o^/ I MUST hunt you down at A-kon and take a picture! ^____^

RuthlessJS
11-02-2003, 08:46 PM
YES! You were an AWESOME Barrett! Just... wow... O_O

kyandi-chan
11-08-2003, 01:56 AM
I've got a Koyori...Tifa Lockheart (Cort) wants to do it! ^_^ fun fun! i cant wait until akon. I'm also going as my original character, Junichi from Super Cosplay Battler Juni Jun Ichi (tentative title...that just keeps getting more stupid)

Xais
11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
I'm REALLY going to try for Li Nataku! If it kills me I will get every detail on that outfit down! AND I'm doing the manga version from volume 7 so it's gonna be harder but better for making the "Floating" boots I have designed!!

kyandi-chan
11-09-2003, 08:47 PM
whats a Li Nataku?

Xais
11-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Li Nataku is from Houshin engi / Soul hunter. The paopei ningen. kinda like a cyborg but with magical weapons instead of machinery. Heres a few pics.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/projethoshin/pics/images/anime3.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/projethoshin/pics/images/scannenbw8.gif

SwordsWoman
11-11-2003, 09:06 PM
he looks pretty cool ^_^ seems more like one of those temple guards in a way...

Aki Ame
11-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Hello! This year will be first year at A-Kon for my group!

I'm in a tizzy over my costumes, but currently this list reads like this:
Heather from Silent Hill 3
Card Girl from Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland
Black Mage from FFTactics
Yuuki (summer uniform) from Fruits Basket

Scortia, I look forward to you and our Haru fighting over me! ^_^

Aki Ame
11-21-2003, 09:27 PM
I talk in Engrish. o.O

This year will be <i>the</i> first year at A-Kon for my group.

::sigh::

Scortia
11-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Aki Ame: ;_; I wish I could but I'll likely have sold Haru by then... I love him and the outfit, but after three cons, it's time to be shipped out... plus my list of costumes is already about SEVEN for A-kon 15. >_< I'll be at Ushicon as Haru though! (But, I am creating a New Years version to be worn for Onicon 1 and A-kon 16 ;) Whoo, going as the Card Girl? I hope you have some male protection lingering around ;p

My list has changed a bit so I may as well add it in again:
Tentative schedule:
Friday:
Remus Lupin of Harry Potter
Red Haired Unknown of Kingdom Hearts 2
Shiroi Yu~ki of Malice Mizer

Saturday:
Ohtori Akio of the Utena Movie
Super Sailor Uranus of (duh) Sailormoon

then after the masquerade and through Sunday morning I'll be going in and out of my Ryuichi of Gravitation's concert and Kumagoro outfits... Granted... at this rate I'd love to just scratch Yu~ki and put Ryuichi in there instead so I'll have less to deal with >_<;; too many costumes not enough con time

Xais
11-22-2003, 01:28 AM
This bites.. After I decided on doing Nataku someone else informs me they have the same plans. Grr... Ah well I can always Just switch characters and go as Nentou Doujin. Since no one has EVER done him (That I have been able to find online.)

kyandi-chan
11-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Just because someone is going to cosplay the same character as you, doesnt mean you should give up on that costume! I nearly did...i've been planning to be Red XIII from FF7 for about...well since whenever the game came out.

There are always going to be doubles of a character when SOOOOOO many people are at a convention. What you should do, is to still cosplay the character, but just do it better than the other person. Make sure to think this : "Mine is gonna be great! I'll try my best!" Think positively...even big groups sometimes have doubles, but its all the fun that counts. If you really like the character you want to be, then someone else being them shouldn't make you want to do otherwise.

Akari Hoshi
11-23-2003, 04:04 AM
Hello everyone! I'm Akari Hoshi...*realizes it says so next to her post*...anyway, this year will be my first year at A-kon!! Yea!! Scortia, I'd like to discuss your Hatsuharu costume with you. The most important factor being how you survived Dallas in the summer in all that material and a wig. >.<

For the interested, my costumes for the con are as follows:

Friday: Kyou Sohma (Spring Uniform)
Saturday: Hatsuharu Sohma (white coat)
Saturday(night): Irvine Kinneas from FF8

I call it the Akari Hoshi Anime Cosplay Diet Plan! I am going to melt in TWO costumes with long coats and chaps. *faints*

Scortia
11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Yea!! Scortia, I'd like to discuss your Hatsuharu costume with you. The most important factor being how you survived Dallas in the summer in all that material and a wig. >.<

I call it the Akari Hoshi Anime Cosplay Diet Plan! I am going to melt in TWO costumes with long coats and chaps. *faints*

Yeah, that's basically it. >_< I never went outside... but tight genes and pleather pants... for 12 hours... OMG... .behind stage too... ;_; My fellow group members could all tell you that I literally pealed out of those pants... the jeans were soaked ALL THE WAY TO MY ANKLES in sweat. Yeah, good diet plan. ^^ Otherwise, feel free to message me about anything else about the coat. If you haven't made yours yet and want to be lazy, I'm probably going to sell mine after Ushicon. ;p

Xais
11-24-2003, 12:30 AM
I have a huge selection of costumes I want to do and the money to do as many conventions as I feel like doin'. I'll still make the costume regardless I just may make something else too. Thats for the encouragement though!

Aki Ame
11-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Scortia, how on earth do you manage 4 costumes on Friday? I'm nervous about doing 2!
I think I'm going to put Yuki on the back burner, so, my updated list is thus:
Heather (Silent Hill 3)
5 of Spades (Miyuki-chan in Wonderland-- I made a choice on which card! Yea!)
Yuffie (FF7) and a white or red mage(FFTactics)

Xais, if you have a whole bunch of extra money, I could use some! ^_^

I am so excited about this con! It's our first big one! We figured out that we can all afford to stay in the Adam's Mark itself--because there is 4 of us, we don't want to have to all pile back into a car to get to bed. Esp because we don't intend on keeping the same hours. ^_^;;;
But even so, are there any hotels nearby (walking distance) that are cheaper? We looked online, but didn't find anything.

Akari Hoshi
11-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Aki-chan would like for me to tell you that she meant TIFA not Yuffie from FF7.

I am absolutely giddy about my costumes this year. I love all my characters and my costumes are going to be SOOOO easy. Well, relatively speaking. *laugh*

Has anyone ever done an Irrvine costume or seen one done? I can't get a clear reference picture of him and I can't tell if he's wearing a VEST or if he's wearing a purple shirt. O.o

Aki Ame
11-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I've changed my FF cosplay so much I can't remember WHO I'm doing anymore. :rolleyes:

I really really want to do Yuki... I was going to do him in his girls uniform, too. :snoring: I guess I'll just have to get to work....

kyandi-chan
11-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Sonic X/Sonic Adventure 2 Battle....Im gonna be Rouge the Bat! And for the FFX group, I'm trying to get a Rikku done...minus the swirly eyes..(sowee!...im so poor and my eyes get irritated by everything)...Still doing Red XIII and Nurse Witch Komugi-chan ...Karte/Stage 1 most hoped for...without huge syringe if it comes to that. The car can only hold so much.

There are loads of Irvine cosplayers...go to google.com and search for irvine ff8 or go to cosplaylab if you're a lazy scum and type in "irvine" under the search and see what u find!

since he's got this cowboy wear thing going on...i think he's wearing a vest? i havent played ff8 in SUCH a long time.

Scortia
11-26-2003, 09:28 AM
Scortia, how on earth do you manage 4 costumes on Friday? I'm nervous about doing 2!.

Hahaha... I'm gonna die. ;p Plus, at least two costumes require makeup for any part of me that's exposed. o.O Actually, I may just merge my two Ryuichi costumes... I'm just going to randomly peel out of my Kumagoro and be concert-version when it gets too hot. ;p

Akari Hoshi
11-27-2003, 10:46 PM
I played FF8 for about 13 straigt hours today--Thanksgiving--I think I have a good idea of what I'm going to do. ^_^

I'm kinda thinking that I don't want to wear JUST a vest. I wouldn't be able to bind my chest flat enough for the vest to fit right. It just wouldn't work. I think I'm going to slightly ghetto-fy it and just wear a short sleeved button down shirt and adjust the neckline. I'll be more comfortable and it will probably be easier to find a button down shirt than it would be to find a purple vest in my size--pattern or otherwise.

As far as Hatsuharu is concerned, I **THINK** I have everything figured out. *checks list* Everything but the necklace. I may leave that up to Kurai. He's wanting to do all our props and things this year. *shrug*

There really isn't anything to figure out about Kyou-kun. I've GOT all the pieces I need for that. Oh! His bracelet. *adds to list*

That's all from me tonight.

Ja ne~

Akari :japan:

Akari Hoshi
12-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey all!

Our FInal Fantasy group got cut so I changed my third costume. I'm going as Nuriko from FY! ^__^ I am SOOO excited! My costume is based off one of the art book images. (I feel like I've typed this up before...woah...deja vu) The one where his brother is in the memory jewel and Nuriko is kinda in the foreground with the sheer under shirt...and all the ribbons and stuff...yeah. That one. ^_^ I am so excited. WEEE!

Akari

Xais
12-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Taiitsu Shinjin!! Already started on doing it! Just have to figure out how to do his paopei... Damn shoulder pads....

Lulani
12-31-2003, 04:19 PM
If I go it'll be as Obscure Kaoru.

kyandi-chan
12-31-2003, 04:30 PM
Cham Cham (samurai showdown), Red XIII (FFVII), Ruki/Rika (Digimon Tamers), Nurse Witch Komugichan (Nurse Witch Komugi chan maji karte), Aika (Skies of Arcadia), Rikku (FFX Photoshoot)

Iris Amergin
01-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Don't know if I'm going for sure yet--I went ahead and got the ticket, since my college's anime club buys together to get the group discount. I don't live in the area, though (I'm from out of state), so that complicates my ability to just hitch a ride down with someone else. Go home after finals, then have to come back to go to the con...bleh. I dunno. Transportation issues. But I'm doing my darndest to get those worked out so I can go!

I just have one costume I'm planning on, and that's Lu Xun from Dynasty Warriors 3. (Or, if you've only played DW4, his...5th costume, I believe it is? Either 5th or 6th...and not the pink one. *grin*)

awakenthesadist
01-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Not sure if I can go yet..
but the ones i've planned:
hide - pink spider camo outfit
kyo bloody doctor outfit (not the cage one)
tatsurou [MUCC] (not sure which outfit yet.. o_O something simple)
And i'm thinking about one other, but it's undecided ;P

I can't waaaaait xD

sacha
01-04-2004, 02:56 AM
whee.. haven't posted in so long XB;;

I'm probably going to bring my Sharaku (Metronome, indies band) costume.. I have plans to alter it slightly. I may do a simple hide costume just out of tradition and love. ^^ The costume I'm probably going to be putting the most time in on is a Leon Belmont costume. Castlevania makes me happy, Leon makes me happy, thus I shalt cosplay Leon at Akon ^o^

..that rhymed XDDD;;

anyway, so yeah, look for a Leon Belmont at Akon this year, with luck, time, and patience (and a part time job or babysitting gigs) I think I can pull the costume together! I'm actually going to get someone to chop a couple inches off my hair (and show me how to style it like his hair), then dye it blond. And of course, I'll be buying some blue contacts. I'll get to avoid wig-ness and experience being blond and blue-eyed :D shalt be fun (I should hope) XD

Griever
01-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Dude, I would love to see a Leon Belmont!!!

CattieBrie
01-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm going as Milly from Trigun and my friends are going as Nick and Vash.
If I can get the costumes made in time I'll also be going as Chihiro and the other two as Haku and No-Face (if I can actually talk to my Vash that is...). If not I might just bring along my Kim Possible costume (which is sometimes thought to be a Lara Croft costume). I of course won't be competing with the non-anime costume! It will be my first con.

Araunah
01-06-2004, 04:48 PM
well i am doing naruto.. anyone wanta make a group.. i wanta do a cosplay.. but i need a naruto sasuke sakura and an elvis

kyandi-chan
01-07-2004, 11:42 PM
my friend pepe isnt sure if he's going to akon, but he's going to try. he has a neat Soma costume and he's going to try to be Leon. The thing is...he really wants to bring a steel whip, but i hear any kinds of whips are not allowed.

Akari Hoshi
01-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Okay, haven't posted in awhile...

Costumes have changed:

Kagura Sohma--Fruits Basket
Hatsuharu Sohma--Fruits Basket
Princess Serenity--Sailor Moon

Yea!

karasu-kun
01-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Hopefully I'll have these costumes finished before A-KON 15:

Cloud (Kingdom Hearts)
Irvine Kinneas (FF8)
Kurama (when he's fighting against Toya in the Dark Tournament - Yu Yu Hakusho)

baku_neko
01-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Uchiha Sasuke (from Naruto) almost done...
Monkey D. Luffy (from One Piece) finished!

Wah! Got my ticket in the mail today! So excited! ^_^

Trinity
01-12-2004, 10:27 PM
I'd intended on keeping things simple this year, but after watching as much Utena as I have, I don't think that's going to be possible. >< Oh,the addictions of new anime!

Takura
01-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Depending on who else in the group is going. Ill be pulling out the royal guard (Star Wars) costume again, this time with armor hehe... Hopefully ill have somethin new for this year.

Karrit
01-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Hello, I'm a newbie to the forums.

My friend Jackie and I are crossplaying Lupin and Jigen for A-kon 15. That's probably a rarity to see. ^^;;

Rip_The_Hunter
01-20-2004, 10:25 PM
I"m going as Sir Integral Hellsing (manga version) - almost complete!

TrigunWolf
01-22-2004, 09:54 AM
I"m going as Sir Integral Hellsing (manga version) - almost complete!

I too have a costume that I'm gonna be wearing from Hellsing. I don't wanna talk about it yet, as I'm missing an important piece. But I will say that we should meet up and do poses or something. Get some pictures. As my costume would go well with yours.

Lulani
01-29-2004, 05:56 PM
After changing my mind a couple dozen times >.>; The costumes in my signature are finally the ones.
But who knows...Maybe I'll switch the Child Prey (2nd) for the Jessica outfit x.o

cutelilzombie
01-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Friday - Mai Shiranui (KoF '02 version)
Saturday - Etna (Disgaea)
I haven't decided if or who to cosplay Sunday. might just get out the old Miaka cos. XD

p.p.p.s Dood! PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE DISGAEA GROUP!!! i will help make costumes if necessary!

kyandi-chan
02-01-2004, 02:03 AM
d00d who in the world from disgaea is female, other than the super flat etna? (i should be a d00d penquin...those are really cute)

Xais
02-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Hmm.. I really wanted to do a houshin engi costume but after seeing 80 episodes of One piece I really wanna be Roronoa Zoro.. Arlong fight version with the gaping wound he tried to patch himself like in my sig. possibly a Naruto costume or something unditermined..

cutelilzombie
02-01-2004, 12:22 PM
d00d who in the world from disgaea is female, other than the super flat etna? (i should be a d00d penquin...those are really cute)

Flonne is female (and really cuuute) and plus there are lots of BG characters you can see here:
http://www.nippon1.co.jp/contents/game/disgaea/_charamake12.htm

Xais
02-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Ok finallized being Roronoa Zoro and I'm bringing a Buggy the clown with me!

Tasha Mac
02-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Huuummm...I wasn't planning on going to Akon, but a friend of mine is dragging me along, so...why not cosplay? (Like I need an excuse to. XD)

I'm a little burnt out on cosplay at the moment, so not a lot is coming to mind. (Ushi was HELL to get ready for...stupid Edward... *kicks him, dodges the raging chibi*) Someone on the Ushi boards said they might be getting a Saiyuki Gaiden group together, so I might be Konzen (white version, since that's so...so... *stares*). I'll probably touch up my Edward Elric costume and bring that. I reeeeeally wanna do something from Peacemaker Kurogane...probably Okita in his usual white outfit with a little stuffed piggy.

Or, I could...or, I could...or, I could...

Eeeh...lots of options at the moment, need to narrow them down. ^^;;;

accelagirl
02-14-2004, 12:03 PM
o-o i could have sworn i just posted in another a-kon cosplay thread... again, then!

i'm going as Hinata from Naruto, a Huntress from Ragnarok Online, and Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill~

and then MAYBE Orochimaru from Naruto and Ace from One Piece since i might have done them as side costumes by then~~ but then again, maybe not~ *shrug*

Trinity
02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
ASH!! YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO FIND ME! I'M GOING TO HAVE A KILL BILL COSTUME, TOO!! @_@ WE MUST TAKE PICTURES!!

/end early morning spazz.

(this is Yunie, btw. =) )

kelldar
02-16-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm going to try to go but it's up in the air right now.
No clue as to what I'll wear, probably just old costumes (nothing new).

kyandi-chan
02-16-2004, 09:35 PM
A lil update : Im going to cosplay Xianghua from Soul Calibur II with some friends....because they want to have a group. Ryo-sama is gonna be Talim ^^

I dont have any time for Nurse Witch Komugi-chan this year. :-(

Scortia
02-17-2004, 07:04 PM
My current list:
Kiryuu Nanami (Utena) *possibly Juri instead if I get nagged into it ^^;;*
Super Sailor Uranus (BSSM)
Shiroi Yu~ki (Malice Mizer)
Kumagoro *and possibly concert-version* Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Remus Lupin (Harry Potter)

Black Glass <3
02-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm probably going to Akon-15. If so, I hope to see all of you! ^.^

I'm going to be cosplaying as Shuichi...tee-hee-hee!

kirineko
02-18-2004, 11:17 PM
I'll be at A-kon 15 (of course, because I am running the J-pop room this year!)

Ha. I have a lot of costumes planned, so I'm not sure which ones I will actually end up with.

*SECRET* (but should be really damn cool if I pull it off)
Early early indies Hyde (as part of a history-of-Hyde group.)
Tatsurou from MUCC. Not sure which outfit though. Maybe two.
Sou from emmuree.
Kiyoshi from machine.
Possibly Chirolyn of Spread Beaver. (because it's such a great outfit)

I see all of my extra money going towards wigs. Thank GOD I live in Dallas and don't have to fly all of this. -_-

Alkaren Hyralt
02-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Roy Mustang from full metal alchemist, hopefully...

cutelilzombie
02-21-2004, 09:22 AM
just got my volunteer confirmation so i'll be there 100% fo-sho now. if i don't see you running around during cosplay, i'll catch you at at registration. hehehe

sacha
02-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Let's see, lil update for meh.. my list is currently consisting of Leon Belmont, Sharaku of Metronome, and now the "mystery man" (aka guy with short silver hair) of the upcoming FFVII: Advent Children. Why do I want to dress as the "mystery man" before I even know his name? Because it'll be fun XB;; Besides, my hair'll probably look kind of like his after I cut it and it's left unstyled ^^;;

oh, and I may do a simple hide costume out of love and tradition :D there is the possibility of a Petshop of Horrors costume, but we'll see what I can afford and have time to complete

HuongStar
02-26-2004, 09:07 AM
-__- I swear I jinx myself every time I post one of these things:

Definite
Gaara
GoGo Yubari
EGL

Fixing/In-Progress (these are ones that I hope to fix/finish in time)
Callisto (fix)
Sora or Lulu (fix)
Haku (finish)
Masquerade (finish)
Etna or Samurai Class humanoid (finish)

I haven't cosplayed much as the last two conventions I attended so I feel like I'm missing out. Nothing like a local con to get you jazzed again!

bluesummers73
02-26-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm in an Angel Sanctuary cosplay group right now. Ugh...we don't have many people, so if any of you are interested please email me and let me know! All of your ideas sound awesome, by the way. ^_^

Radical Urd
02-26-2004, 11:23 PM
hmmm lesseee, i'll be going as Urd- Ah My Goddess, I-no Guilty Gear, Chii- Chobits, and Anthy Himemiya from Adelescent Apolocolypse (SP??) i don't know what days, it maybe subject to change, but thats it for right now.

SwordsWoman
03-06-2004, 08:19 PM
hey Jace & Saeto, by any chance is that a cosplay of Myotismon in your sig's banner? just wondering..

(nothing interesting to update on costumes stats)

TrigunWolf
03-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I would just like to say, that I thought your Blue Eyes Armor at Katsucon was awesome.

I wasn't there, but I saw the pics. I played Duelist of the Roses and thought it was awesome. I was wondering if it was possible to make it.

Looks like it was! Just wanted to say that. Because I think Seto is awesome and have been wondering if I should cosplay as him or not.

But yeah....Congrats!

Radical Urd
03-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Hey Jace & Saeto your costumes are amazing... i just got to get that out..... I've been wondering who you were since I saw your vampire costume at otakon... ummm do you guys do commission for cute little girls in Texas who need armor??

LoST RaiNDRoP
03-07-2004, 07:29 PM
lol.. umm.. hi.

TrigunWolf
03-09-2004, 12:18 AM
I got it, Saeto, and replied.

I got some plans on costumes, I just gotta get my accessories done!

*shakes fist* Curse the dreaded accessories!

ErictheRed12662
03-14-2004, 12:22 AM
I need some help! I got into A-kon for free with my girlfriend cause we're volunteers...

I'm supposed to go as a gothic kitty (I have PVC ears and a tail), but my vinyl pants ripped! :'(

Turned out they were cut for a woman, so this friend I have said to get a size 34 in waist instead of 32 waist. If anyone can help, I'd love you forever!!

Also... I need a fishnet shirt in a large, black. I might have a friend who can give me one, but it has silver streaks through it... I need a pair of gothic boots, like the ones with buckles or straps.

Erin on the other hand doesn't know what she can go as. She's not fat by a long shot, but she is a big girl (not that it matters to me, she's just scared she won't look good as any of the characters she loves). I have a picture of her, actually a couple. I think she's gorgeous... She has leather pants and two pairs of leather boots, as well as a catsuit (which needs to have its zipper fixed) that we're not sure fits her, and a vinyl vest. We planned to dress as a couple, like I was her pet cat or something. It was gonna be cool... Any ideas?? She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Please... if you have a screen name on yahoo, msn, or AIM, message me there. This site is VERY slow on my computer, so that's the best way other than e-mail, which is way too slow.

Yahoo: eric_the_red75040
MSN: ErictheRed12662@netscape.net
AIM: ErictheRed12662
E-mail: ErictheRed12662@netscape.net or markboyd@attbi.com

-Eric

ErictheRed12662
03-14-2004, 12:26 AM
I have to pay for prom, $75 per ticket, so I have very little money... Everything's going to have to be really cheap.

-Eric

HuongStar
03-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Maybe you'd be better off forgoing a costume this year? It sounds like you're on quite the budget and don't have anything except for "Hot Topic" gear.... *cringe*

Can you sew or do you know anyone that would be willing to sew for you?

ErictheRed12662
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Maybe you'd be better off forgoing a costume this year? It sounds like you're on quite the budget and don't have anything except for "Hot Topic" gear.... *cringe*

Can you sew or do you know anyone that would be willing to sew for you?

My girlfriend can sew. Getting materials is the hard part.

Scortia
03-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Walmart has some good fabrics for $2 and under all the time.

Sundance Kid
03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm going as Cloud from Final Fantasy Advent Children and I need his sword...How the heck should I go about making something sturdy and light-weight that doesnt' look like a piece of crap and it not cost me a fortune? Please some one help! @_@

SwordsWoman
03-22-2004, 08:29 PM
...umm SK have you tried cardboard, duct tape, wire, pvc pipe(s), paint, and cloth?
that sword should be easy if you know the basic shapes of the parts and maybe some blueprints of the object your making.... jeez, you should have asked me earlier! ~_~ nut. just give me a ring when you want to know more and if you would like my help (i would love to if you want me to). ok SK. allll riiighty then...

not going to update on costumes right now since it would take a while to tell of it all. ^_^ progress going good.

TrigunWolf
03-25-2004, 09:56 AM
*jumps around with uncontrollably excitement*

Yays! Yays! Yays! Yays!

As of last night, I have found out that I could very well have a 3RD Costume ready by A-Kon. Luckily this costume has slightly easier accessories. Speaking of which, I need to finish up Yan's guns. *cries* They are so hard!

Anyways, back to the costume I may be making. I don't wanna say anything because I may not get it done in time. But I will say it's from King of Fighters.....And it will be awesome, because compared to my other costumes I have to completely change myself for this new costume.

If I get it done before A-Kon I will announce what it is. Unless someone guesses it before then, then I'll just cry.

Eurobeat King
03-26-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm excited about A-kon this year, mainly about the new location & new hotel! :) I just got my pre-reg. taken care of, hotel is set, and the only thing now to deal with is.. airfare.. :thumbsup: That's always the toughest part, but I'll buy my airline tickets prolly in April/May. It looks like I'll be shooting for another earrrlly arrival again on Friday morning (3am or later) I was thinking about arriving Thursday afternoon to settle-in, scope out the locale for where everything will be, and possibly do some photoshoots on that Thursday before the con begins.

But, Fanime is the weekend before, AND it's a 4-day con with the last day being on May 31st, the holiday. So I need to work T-TH at least to get in some pay to cover the costs of back-to-back cons.. :thumbsup: So I'll be there bright & early on Friday, for 3-whole days of fun in the Texas heat.. hehe

NO costumes for me this year, since like most cons this year I'm cutting back on cosplaying to get the photos. And since A-kon is a BIG con, I'll need to spend more time on the con-floor(s) taking pics than changing into costumes, if I want to get at least 2000 pictures (minimum) at A-kon 15! :skidude2:

So I'll see you all there in about 2 months! ciao~

Space Invader
03-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Hmm...

~Edea (Final fantasy 8, this time with latex veins, ice spear, and a better fan!) Being worn Friday only long enough to enter the Hall Masquerade.
~Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6, Amano-style.) Being worn Saturday and at the stage show.
~Celestial Hikaru (Magic Knight Rayearth, 2 years after is original debut, but it's so much better this time. I swear it.) Being worn Friday.

I'll also have my kimono (red, black, and gold... yummy) for Friday night, and a an outfit I designed specially for the dance Saturday night (it's a suprise).

Edea will not be getting much "air time" as my other two costumes. If A-Kon allows it (I still have to check), my celestial Hikaru will also be entered in the hall masquerade, and then Terra in the stage show. Maybe I'll actually win an award or two this year ^_^.

And I'm leaving on Sunday. Whoop de doo.

TrigunWolf
03-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Yah, AKON is mah faaaavorite con so Im all jazzed about it this year and I'm dragging Micha and her hubby too *muaha*

Friday is Hellsing day (Our Arucard was having some cash and 'my work is retarded" issues so its all ladies of Hellsing. We have a van to drive, and it will be crammed with giant guns)

Did you ladies need a Yan Valentine?

I have my costume done, but sadly I'm still struggling with the guns.

I could just make the shield, but it seems bland.

I really wanna try and finish Yan's gun, but I gotta kick it into gear.

But yeah..... Did you need a Yan? Heh, groups pictures are always great. If you need a Yan I can switch my Wolfwood and Yan days around.

kelldar
03-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Oooh Space Invader I hope I get to see your Edea, it's so awesome!
I'm going to try to rewear some old costumes that haven't got much wear :D Particularly my Lina Inverse, I want to remake the shoulder armour... I love that costume so I can't wait to do that and wear it again :D Other than that I will probably bring my manga Belldandy, Honda Tohru, Asuka plugsuit, Chun-Li, Lum, and Misato, and for a new costume Phoenix from X-Men. heh. yay!

Cynthia
03-28-2004, 02:00 AM
Now that I know I'm officially going. Got the email from Living Room Games yeasterday.

Friday: Probably some EGL I manage to throw together.
Saturday: Hseng-ko from Darkstalkers
Sunday: Hinata from Rival Schools

I still need to figure out how I'm getting up there and where I'm going to be staying.

Space Invader
03-28-2004, 09:01 PM
>Oooh Space Invader I hope I get to see your Edea, it's so awesome!

Hopefully you will! XD

I'm dropping Celestial Hikaru until later in the year, so I'll be wearing Edea longer (or rather, pretty much all of Friday). Despite the large protrusions, Edea is actually a really comfy costume (headdress starts to pinch my forehead and neck after a few hours, though). The fan is VERY lightweight, and if it wasn't for the fact I keep hitting things with it (d'oh! ><), I wouldn't even know it was there.

So yeah, no more Hikaru for A-Kon.

Ryouko
03-30-2004, 09:31 AM
I'll most likely just be hanging out on Saturday of the con, due to finding no roommates. ^_^;; I'll be wearing my new Ciel cosplay from Megaman/Rockman Zero though. Hardly anyone knows who she is. ^_^;;

http://www.kishuku.com/cosplay/ciel/ciel_sit.jpg

kleykulele
04-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Eep!! It's been forever since I signed in here, how negligent of me. I'll be attending A-kon again this year, of course, since I had so much fun last year. I'm thinking of bringing my Lum costume once more because it was a big hit last year and I had alot of fun with her - I love Lum.

I'm also doing Sailor Lead Crow with a (tentative) group of people. I'm conning my friend Beth into being Aluminum Siren, Amanda as Tin Nyanko, and Sheena as a happless victim >:D. So if anyone is looking to do a Sailor Animates group, we're here for you. I should probably go read posts to see if anyone is looking for a group already before posting, but I'm jumping the gun. I'll edit if it turns out this is the case so I don't look like a total tool.

I don't know what I'll do for a 3rd costume, if I even do one. I sort of like hanging around on Sunday and taking pictures of the remaining people :D. I'm weird like that.

Akari Hoshi
04-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Updated Costume List!

Wow...it's been a long time since I logged into Cosplay.com...

Anyway, as you can see from my signature, my costumes have changed. I'm still doing Haru and Serenity, but I'm also donning two EGL's! ^_^ There's going to be a fashion show in the J-Rock room on Saturday and Aki-chan and I are going to be in it...I think. No one has confirmed nor denied this, so I don't really know. Everyone's costumes sound so awesome! I can't wait!!

Akari

HuongStar
04-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Anyway, as you can see from my signature, my costumes have changed. I'm still doing Haru and Serenity, but I'm also donning two EGL's! ^_^ There's going to be a fashion show in the J-Rock room on Saturday and Aki-chan and I are going to be in it...I think. No one has confirmed nor denied this, so I don't really know. Everyone's costumes sound so awesome! I can't wait!!
You should talk to kirineko about the EGL fashion show. She's the coordinator.

kyandi-chan
04-19-2004, 09:32 AM
the people in my signature...i shall cosplay.
ruki is nearly done (need digivice). zelda needs a lil more work (details details)
xianghua is coming out beautifully...(the sword! so lovely!) im also trying to get a doppelganger daishi costume done (from PsychoLeCemu) ...the status of berserker yuna? who knows. but i can tell you, im going to have a cosplay surprise! perhaps...

something from kingdom hearts? mermaid...

atlantic?

Asmaria
04-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Coming out of the woodwork here to say that I'll be Fllay Allster and Asmaria Hendrick at A-kon this year. ^_^ I can't wait! I wore Asmaria two years ago and no one knew who I was. Maybe since Chrno Crusade was animated then someone will recognize me this time. :3 But more than that costume, I'm excited about Fllay's Gundam Seed uniform. ^^

Masami
04-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Well.. Akon is still not FOR SURE.. but >D I'll crawl all the way there is I must! I want to go! lol..

So, costumes foy my group for Akon:
-lolita Pita Ten crew (for sure)
and either
-Heartless from Kingdom Hearts (have to finish..)
-Background Disega characters?

All these costumes were suppose to be done for Otakon.. so ^_^ Now that we lost a month, they're "maybes" for Akon =D

Bindusara
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
I know its been done, but im working on a "Deep Dive" Rikku from kingdom hearts. o.o; I finally decided to play a character that was wearing a shirt *laughs*

Artema
05-06-2004, 02:27 AM
It's been forever since I've been here... ;~;

But yuz, my costumes shall be:

Harriet Potter from Harry Potter (hee, alternate universe gender-swapishness)
Trinity from The Matrix trilogy (Finally complete! yaay!)

Possibilities:

Professor Snape from Harry Potter (if I can get the jacket fitted in time -crosses fingers- He'll be my first crossplay ever!)

Cherry
05-06-2004, 02:56 PM
I got my final list done!

=- A-Kon =-
>> Anthy (Utena : Movie Version)
>> Seung Mina (Soul Calibur II)
>> Zoku (Kitty Girl : Original)
>> Harry Potter (Just for priemere)
>> Gambit (X-Men : Revolution)
>> Eriya (Escaflowne)
>> Solid Snake (MGS:TS)

Ta-da!

kyandi-chan
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
um Final List! (because its so late and stuffers)

Xianghua - 1p(Soul Calibur II)
Ruki (Digimon Tamers)
Karen - Idol Outfit(Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch)
Zelda - (Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time)

haha. and whatever else i grab on my way out!

Sempai
05-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Woot for a-kon 15, I can't wait, the hotel is gonna be massive. but any way. I'll be cosplaying as Mahoro, and my boyfriend is gonna be cosplaying as Suguru (mahoromatic). :jjacks:

Question: What % of the con do you think are out of state people?

Piper
05-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I shall be there as:

Ravenclaw student in honor of the premiere
and Sakura from Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle

Scortia
05-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Question: What % of the con do you think are out of state people?

I'd say a good bit but I have no statistics... especially this year with all the Japanese guests...people are flooding from all surrounding states and even further. I personally am caravaning with a big crew from LA and know of a few more groups leaving from just our crappy lil' state alone. ^^;;

Proz
05-10-2004, 05:54 AM
I plan to be a DDR Bar. Seriously. I'll be sure to wear a "Please No Rape The Bar" sign so I don't get mobbed.

Only because no one else has ever done it.

No other planned cos's at this time since the last cos I did [Ryo from City Hunter], no one recognized me at Ushicon (which means it was a bad cos :|) so I won't bother bringing it to A-kon.

kleykulele
05-10-2004, 01:07 PM
My friend Sheena and I are from out of state - Nebraska x_X - and our friend Beth is coming with us as well. She's flying into Nebraska from Ohio and then driving down with us :B. So, YAY OUT OF STATE PEOPLE!

Scortia
05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm updating with my list which will be as accurate as I can imagine it'll be until I get to the con and everything changes

Thursday midnight Potter premiere : Remus Lupin
Friday Morning: Hatsuharu (furuba) and then Remus
Friday Afternoon: Shiroi Yu~ki (malice mizer)
Friday night: Kumagoro Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Saturday morning: Arisugawa Juri (Utena)
Sat evening: Sailor Uranus (sailormoon)
Saturday night and early Sunday: Naruto ^_^

*dies* Sadly I'll be mostly in the komik market for A-kon but I'll most likely be a panelist for Cosplay 101... *does tired dance*

kelldar
05-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Ok I'm going to attempt a schedule...
Thursday- Hermione (for Harry Potter)
Friday- Tohru, Chun-Li, Selphie, Yuffie, Misato
Saturday - Lina Inverse, Hild, Asuka plugsuit
Sunday - Quistis

As IF I'll stick to that, but it's an idea...
I'm also on the Cosplay 101-thingpanel :D

Scortia
05-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Kell, yay! I know at least one person on the panel. ;P Are you outdoing your number for last year? ... was it 6 or 7...something like that? Dang, I thought I was crazy bringing 7. ^^

kelldar
05-12-2004, 11:24 AM
yeah! hee I've never done a panel before so I'm glad someone else I know will be on it -_-;
I'm cutting down this year! Last year it was 11, I think... :B

Scortia
05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
omg... *_* I can imagine all of the luggage... and you had WINGS too last year. Yeah this is my first cosplay panel too... well I've done other sorts of panels.. but it's 101 which should be easy to deal with anyway. ;p

Space Invader
05-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Bah! I'll only have Edea for A-Kon =\. But I'm bringing my kimono to wear Saturday night!

If anyone is wondering, I'll be the Edea with the ice spear and lots of beading. XD

Cherry
05-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Bah! I'll only have Edea for A-Kon =\. But I'm bringing my kimono to wear Saturday night!

If anyone is wondering, I'll be the Edea with the ice spear and lots of beading. XD

xD Are we gonna do our secret plan still?

OH AND SCORTIA!! <3333. Are you pre-buying your ticket?

Scortia
05-15-2004, 06:53 PM
We are supposed to be pre-buying tickets... the responsibility is left to one of the Texas members off the POOForee... I'm probably gonna have to poke them with a stick to do it ;p Just let Anne know that you want in on the preorder. ^^

Cherry
05-15-2004, 06:54 PM
We are supposed to be pre-buying tickets... the responsibility is left to one of the Texas members off the POOForee... I'm probably gonna have to poke them with a stick to do it ;p Just let Anne know that you want in on the preorder. ^^

I can never seem to get ahold of her. Will you tell her I am requesting a ticket. ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Scortia
05-15-2004, 07:27 PM
sure no prob, I'll drop her an email. ^^

Space Invader
05-15-2004, 11:00 PM
xD Are we gonna do our secret plan still?

I don't know, are we? If the plan goes through, this will be great XD

Cherry
05-16-2004, 01:09 AM
I don't know, are we? If the plan goes through, this will be great XD

Definatly original. xD I think we should go for it. :heart: :heart: :heart:

AoKoneko
05-16-2004, 02:48 AM
Man I rem when people would only cosplay 1 char per kon now its like 10 chars almost per person O.O just wow.
I cant wait to see everyones costumes. So excited.

Costumes for a-kon15
Lilac'ia from Lace Jrock EGL costume
Eva mermaid form from PSOH
Anthy H from Utena the Movie live Action play in Japan
LeeLoo Dallas from The Fifth Element

Upcoming costumes
Cutey Honey Live Action
Yui OVA Manga Goddess costume
Kirea The White Butterfly
PSO FUwear

and retiring for 2004 will be lat worn at Oni-con and AF
Sailor Star Fighter from Sailor Stars Manga
Anthy H from Utena the movie Live Action play Japan
TVBattle Athletes Melanda Akla Walter
TVBattle Athletes Tara
PSO FUwear

Scortia
05-16-2004, 11:42 AM
There was a live action play of the Utena movie? Wow, I've only seen the musical to the tv series *gag*... I'm very interested in seeing that costume. ^^

AoKoneko
05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Well, sadly its not a that of an ulala wowcostume. Its juat a little fancyer then the normal Anthy H Rose Bride Costume from Utena the movie.
It just has LEDs lined evey were and on the shoes and crown. (I might not have time to get them in though for a-kon ;_;)
I might only wear it just for the Cosplay on Ice thing if its still going on.

My friend Ceresya will also be cosplaying from the Utena the Movie live Action play in Japan
She'll be Utena the Dulest vers.
(but I dont think shes going to have her lights turned on either on her costume. She more foced on her other costume and the skit we're going to do)
*Freaking out* the wings for Mermaid costume r over 5 1/2 feet long and 4 1/2 in wing span. ^^ *worries shes gonna konck people over ;_;*

ayanamilisa
05-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Warrior Rikku is my big costume. I'm currently finishing it. I'm like 70 percent done
and that includes a big ass sword that my dad cut out for me. Damn but it has been
tough.
I also bought the contacts so my other costume will be theif rikku heh like people
havent seen enough of me in that oh well.. >_<

AoKoneko
05-18-2004, 08:12 AM
ACK
I dont know what to do ;_;
I now might have my Cutey Honey costume done in time.
Could ya help me pick.pleazzzzzeeeee ;_;

Anthy H the Rose Bride form Utena the movie
or Cutey Honey from Cutey Honey Live Action. (^^ it just came out a while ago in Japan)
Thank you so much!

Mud
05-26-2004, 03:21 AM
WooHoo, I actully just might get to go. I keeping my first con cosplay simple: Jack Carver from Far Cry.

Tasha Mac
05-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Final tally, in no particular order!

Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist
Konzen Douji - Gensomaden Saiyuki (Gaiden)
Edogawa Conan - Detective Conan / Case Closed

Alkaren Hyralt
06-01-2004, 12:21 AM
I'll be doing roy mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist..

kleykulele
06-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Okay, change up in the costumes because I haven't had much free time to sew ;.;. I'm still bringing Lum, and I'm going to bring Ginger from Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar as well as Ran from Super Gals!. No Lead Crow for now, but eventually...

HuongStar
06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Friday
Gaara (Naruto)
Gogo Yubari (Kill Bill)
EGA
Saturday
Haku (Naruto)
Chii (Chobits)
Sweet EGL
Sunday
"Sandorian Castle" Maid (EGL)

Merle-kun
06-02-2004, 05:24 AM
I don't know why I didn't think to check for AKon threads until recently ^^; But anyway... my costumes are in my sig for now. Kotobuki Ran from "Super Gals! Kotobuki Ran" and Rogue from "X-Men Evolution". I did have more but a store I ordered from STILL hasn't sent out my order or even has it in stock... so those are kinda dead thanks to them. I won't get into that though... read my LJ if you're that curious ^^;

I didn't read through all the existing pages... but I hope someone's doing a Super Gals costume, or another X-men character besides Cherry and me. =3

kleykulele
06-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I don't know why I didn't think to check for AKon threads until recently ^^; But anyway... my costumes are in my sig for now. Kotobuki Ran from "Super Gals! Kotobuki Ran" and Rogue from "X-Men Evolution". I did have more but a store I ordered from STILL hasn't sent out my order or even has it in stock... so those are kinda dead thanks to them. I won't get into that though... read my LJ if you're that curious ^^;

I didn't read through all the existing pages... but I hope someone's doing a Super Gals costume, or another X-men character besides Cherry and me. =3

*.*!!! My friend Sheena and I are going Super Gals! style. I'm doing Ran and she's doing Miyu. Hope to see you there, we can battle for Shibuya >;).

Merle-kun
06-02-2004, 07:10 PM
*.*!!! My friend Sheena and I are going Super Gals! style. I'm doing Ran and she's doing Miyu. Hope to see you there, we can battle for Shibuya >;).

YAAAY! More Super Gals! What day are you both wearing the costumes?

Ringo
06-03-2004, 01:42 AM
I'm a bit slow but here is what I'm bringing. ^_^

Yuuko - XXXHolic
Xiefa Li - Card Captor Sakura
Meroko - Full Moon wo Sagashite (Art book EGL image)
Lacus Clyne - Gundam Seed
Princess Morbucks - Powerpuff Girls

I might toss in another one just for fun.
Yay for all the Super Gals cosplay!!
See ya'll friday. =D

Digital Blush
06-03-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm a bit slow but here is what I'm bringing. ^_^

Yuuko - XXXHolic
Xiefa Li - Card Captor Sakura
Meroko - Full Moon wo Sagashite (Art book EGL image)
Lacus Clyne - Gundam Seed
Princess Morbucks - Powerpuff Girls

I might toss in another one just for fun.
Yay for all the Super Gals cosplay!!
See ya'll friday. =D

Ringo! I know you! I'm 'shia' from cosplaylab.com It's been awhile. I didn't make the sakura costume after all i ran out of time XD i'm saving it for next year's akon. i hope to run into you this year. i think i still have you on my cell phone. :B I'll be a Ninja!

kleykulele
06-04-2004, 01:17 AM
YAAAY! More Super Gals! What day are you both wearing the costumes?

I think we are going to do Super Gals! on Sunday, since they are the easiest and most comfortable to wear and all :D! Hope to see you there!