PDA

View Full Version : so um

toriuchiha12
04-20-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah animazement is getting closer and i'm going through even more pre con jitters its april 20 and the con is may 23rd it may seem like a while but its not

anyway how do you get over pre con jitters and the fear of stealing someone else skit?

Krissay-face
04-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't really have any advice for you, so for that I'm sorry.
However, you should change your topic title. D:
It really has nothing to do with the information inside.

Ghost613
04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Do you have any reason to be afraid you're stealing someone's skit?
If not, drink a cup of tea and do some meditation. It calms ze nerves.

ifm2181
04-20-2008, 08:43 PM
If you inadvertantly steal someone else's skit, it's not a very original skit, is it? If you've worked hard to be accurate and intelligent about your skit, you shouldn't have to worry, period.

Koisnake
04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Um, well, pretty hard to answer really. I normally get really shy getting out of my car whenever going into an convention, and I have been to <I>five</i>. Just go along with friends, that will help much.

As for someone stealing your technique, its not technically 'stealing', since skits cannot be copyrighted. If its very original, don't worry about it. Its something like that dance offs, popular internet songs and whatnot, do not get surprised if someone has the same idea. However, if you do find a skit similar to yours, what is the chances that both skits involve the same character?

Feint
04-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Well odds are you arn't stealing someone else's skit (unless you did D:!) and even if you are taking it directly from the show, people will most likely not have the same group of people as you OR they didn't take the same scene. So just take a deep breath and remember, whatever you do do it well and if someone has the same skit as you it will be fine .... just do a damn good job and people won't care.

Meta77
04-20-2008, 09:39 PM
You play DDR till you fall over. That should help.

Queen Anime 99
04-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Toriuchiha12, I get jittery before a con, too. But remember, you're there to have a fun time and get away from life's troubles briefly. ^_^ And what do you mean by "Stealing someone else's skit"? Don't steal anyone's skit? If your skit just happens to be similar to someone else's, don't worry too much. There are a lot of skits that are pretty similar. Just don't intentionally steal someone's skit. And if you were inspired by someone else's skit, make sure your skit isn't too similar to their skit.

Feint, while skits can't be copyrighted, it's in bad taste to steal someone's skit. It's okay to be inspired by a skit, but to completely steal it is just...eh. It's best to ask a group if you can use their skit.

Feint
04-20-2008, 10:28 PM
@Queen Anime 99 I meant if someone else ends up randomly having the same skit, unintentionally. Such as doing the haruhi dance, it isn't their fault if tons of people do it and even if they used different characters (like a naruto group doing the dance) it IS possible that someone accidentally had the same group :3 Then they can always say sorry afterwards but that they didn't know.

Queen Anime 99
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Oooooh. Okay. :D

@Queen Anime 99 I meant if someone else ends up randomly having the same skit, unintentionally. Such as doing the haruhi dance, it isn't their fault if tons of people do it and even if they used different characters (like a naruto group doing the dance) it IS possible that someone accidentally had the same group :3 Then they can always say sorry afterwards but that they didn't know.

EgnirysFaye
04-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Well, jitters should be replaced by excitement soon enough (Days before a con for me..I'm just so crazy happy)

If it helps, try not to think about the con all the time, since it will just make it worse. Keep yourself busy with other things too.

xlynx
04-21-2008, 08:06 AM
If you came up with the skit and it's original then you should worry about it, If some one does something close to yours then it wouldn't be exact my groups doing deathnote/lucky star skit, but we have added stuff and jumbled it up cause we wanted it to be funny, I haven't really seen this skit on youtube yet so we should be fine

as for pro conm jitter I know your excited, just breath in, and calm down, if your not done with costumes, foucs on finishing them, thats what stops me i'm hoping to get them done in time D;

and this my sound lame, do school work to keep mind off it xDD

Skyline Kyo
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Set them on fire.

Sh!bby
04-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Set them on fire.

And this is why you are mai husbando.

toriuchiha12
04-21-2008, 06:43 PM
i'm just afraid of doing a skit and finding out someone else did it already and i don't want to do that

Miss.AllSunday
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I've never had pre con jitters. I normaly don't get excited about a con either though. Maybe I'm wierd. Try not to think about how close the con is. if 30 days can be considered close...

chevron694
04-21-2008, 09:44 PM
what a second this thread is basically the same as 50 days left thread lol... to put pressure on those who slake and count how may days left.

xlynx
04-24-2008, 08:05 AM
^ ha xDD