PDA

View Full Version : Anime Vegas 2008

AnimeJ
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey hey!
The dates and venue have been announced. Anime Vegas will be held this Labor Day Weekend, August 30th through September 1st 2008 at the Renaissance Hotel.

This is our first time in a hotel! I can't wait!

Tenshi
04-20-2008, 11:19 PM
YAY ANIME VEGAS!

I am co-director for the Masquerade, so please come to me with any questions or concerns you have about the competition or cosplay in general.

Masquerade rules are currently being revised, along with the awards, and hopefully I will be able to publish them in a few weeks. Signups aren't until August. Because of the new venue we will unfortunately not have a beautiful theatre to use for the show, but I'm sure we'll do just as well in the Main Events room at the Renaissance.

On the cosplay gatherings front: we're trying to get together a Phoenix Wright group. (Did I hear you wanted to be Apollo Justice, AnimeJ? XD) The more characters the better!

shellypants
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Quick question... how are the outside areas around the hotel for photos/cosplay shoots? The hotel looks really lovely, but outside photos are always better if the space is available! <3

missrelena
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Woo hoo! I am so excited to be in a hotel this year! (Although I will miss the theater for the masq. :crylaugh: ) The group I'm bringing this year is already shaking with glee about the whole con! (Ugh, 40 teenagers. . . someone shoot me!)

Tenshi: Nat and I are still trying to decide who we want to be in the Phoenix Wright group. Can you give me a list of who is taken or who is needed so we can have help with our choice -- they're all so much fun! (I'm leaning toward Franziska Von Karma if she's available.)

Tenshi
04-30-2008, 10:08 AM
shellypants: I haven't actually been to the hotel yet, so I don't know what it looks like outside. I'll see if I can pop down this weekend and take some pictures of the grounds.

missrelena: Here's the list as far as I know:

Robbie: Hobo Phoenix
AnimeJ: Apollo (please, please, please? XD)
Erin: Edgeworth
Jasmine: Franziska
George: Gumshoe, hopefully.
Me: Max
And someone else as Ema Skye, I think.

I don't THINK anyone cares about doubles. (I'd love a Max army. That would be the best thing ever!)

shellypants
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Tenshi: Awesome, thank you! :)

missrelena
05-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't THINK anyone cares about doubles. (I'd love a Max army. That would be the best thing ever!)

Well, as long as no one cares about doubles. . . sign Natchan up as Mia Fey and me up as Franziska Von Karma! Soooooo excited!:angel:

persiandragon
05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
i just registered for the event. don't know yet what i am going to do about the hotel. for now i am seeing if a few people on the anime vegas site have room or not.

NyuNyu
05-08-2008, 04:28 AM
I registered for Anime Vegas too! I'm looking forward to it since I had to back out last year due to finances (no roomies! ;.;) But I am determined to attend this year! Hopefully I will be competing in the masquerade. I don't get too compete much any more since I'm too busy staffing these conventions...

Erudito
05-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I hoping to get my room and everything settled this week. I love this con, I've started call it "my con" even though I don't live in Vegas.

I met some really cool people last year, hope to see them again this year (especially Motoko). I'm also happy we have a bigger venue this year too!

This will be my first year cosplaying at AV and I wanted to know if any gatherings are being planned. Last year the count was about 4000 I think so this year should be bigger, it would be nice to have a couple gathering.

Tenshi
05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
It will be good to see you again, NyuNyu :D.

Erudito, check out the forums on our main website (www.animevegas.com), and you'll find some gatherings already being planned.

Everyone: here are some pictures I took at the Renaissance last weekend. They're not great but you get the idea.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelicthreads/sets/72157605004678389/

missrelena
05-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Ooooooh! Staircases and landscaping! Yay for gathering sites! Thank you, Tenshi, for the pictures!

Katie-chan
05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Big chance of going to thise but I don't want to say I'm possitive for things could change.

missrelena
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Big chance of going to thise but I don't want to say I'm possitive for things could change.

I'd LOVE to see you again, Katie-chan! I hope you can make it!:angel:

Ritsuko
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd really like to go since my sis lives about 3 blocks away from the hotel. . .

persiandragon
05-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Woo hoo! I am so excited to be in a hotel this year! (Although I will miss the theater for the masq. :crylaugh: ) The group I'm bringing this year is already shaking with glee about the whole con! (Ugh, 40 teenagers. . . someone shoot me!)

Tenshi: Nat and I are still trying to decide who we want to be in the Phoenix Wright group. Can you give me a list of who is taken or who is needed so we can have help with our choice -- they're all so much fun! (I'm leaning toward Franziska Von Karma if she's available.)

40 teenagers? wow that is a lot to be briniging.

i'll be cosplaying as krillin or goku from dragonball z, yamamoto from hitman reborn. i might also dress up as sora from kaliedo star depending if i drive or take the bus to vegas or might get a prince of tennis costume.

missrelena
05-19-2008, 06:31 PM
4 i might also dress up as sora from kaliedo star

Which one of Sora's costumes? I can't wait to see that! Not enough people cosplay from Kaleido Star! YAY! :angel:

persiandragon
05-19-2008, 11:14 PM
just her in her overalls if i do bring it.

missrelena
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
just her in her overalls if i do bring it.

That will still be super-cute! I hope you get the chance to wear it!

persiandragon
05-24-2008, 04:23 PM
just wondering if anyone else is coming from california. i'll be coming from the la area. haven't figured out yet how I am going and coming back yet though.

Katie-chan
05-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok, I am now regestured for the con and hotel. I am so going. ^_^v

I'm going as CCS- Sakura and I'm thinking of doing a Sailor Moon costume of some sort. Maybe. Then again, I would like to join the phonix wright cosplay but it just sounds really cool.

Anti Ai-chan
06-08-2008, 01:36 AM
OMG! I'm so excited for AV this year since I wasn't able to go last year. It's going to be a long drive from San Francisco but I'm so excited to see everyone! :D

I'm not completely sure what I'll be bringing, it depends what comes out the best for AX. I know I will bring Jo from Burst Angel but I'm not sure of the other 2. Possibilities are Gretel (Black Lagoon), Rursus (DDR/Beatmania song Xepher), Shinx (Pokemon), Ritsuka (Loveless) or if I have my Akito (Air Gear) done I may bring that! So excited! XD

Lady Saya
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm really determined to attend this year. If I attend I'll probably will be cosplaying Mikami Teru from Death Note, Kyoya Ohtori from Ouran, and/or Death The Kid from Soul Eater.

missrelena
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Yay! Another Ouran cosplayer! I'll have to glomp you, Lady Saya, in my Renge costume! So happy!

Anti Ai-chan
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm really determined to attend this year. If I attend I'll probably will be cosplaying Mikami Teru from Death Note, Kyoya Ohtori from Ouran, and/or Death The Kid from Soul Eater.

Do Kid! He's so awesome! I'm determined to cosplay him at some point.

ImNewHere
06-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, since I plan on being in the Vegas on labor day weekend, so I might hit it on Saturday.

Lady Saya
06-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Yay! Another Ouran cosplayer! I'll have to glomp you, Lady Saya, in my Renge costume! So happy!

Alright! XD I hope there are more Ouran cosplayers. I'd like to have at least everyone in the club so we can have a mini-group or something. :"D

Do Kid! He's so awesome! I'm determined to cosplay him at some point.

I really wanna cosplay Kid just I don't know what to do about his stripes in his hair. >.<

Anti Ai-chan
06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah that seems to be the big issue with me too. I haven't quite figured it out. Paint comes to mind but that's going to make the hair stiff. Such a predicament!

Lady Saya
06-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah... I also thought of starting off with a white wig and perhaps dye it black except for that area with the three stripes but I don't think that would be a good idea either. >.< I might just end up using acrylic paint in the end... T_T

Anti Ai-chan
06-10-2008, 11:30 PM
You could start with a white and marker or airbrush the black in but that would be ridiculous!

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 12:16 AM
X_X Yeah. Especially I don't want the marker/dye-stuff to rub on to my shirt collar.

persiandragon
06-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, since I plan on being in the Vegas on labor day weekend, so I might hit it on Saturday.

As of yet, it is not known if they will have day passes or not.

Yeah that seems to be the big issue with me too. I haven't quite figured it out. Paint comes to mind but that's going to make the hair stiff. Such a predicament!

you can try using wig dye
http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigs.html

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Most marker won't, especially if you use a permanent kind.

@persian: Thanks for the link. I've been to that site more than my fair share. lol I'm not sure how you would use the dye without getting the white lines black. It's such an easy cosplay except for the hair.

Oh! Saya, are you making the guns or do you have a Liz and Patty?

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 12:35 AM
I'll probably will be making/buying guns. I don't have a Liz or a Patty at the moment. D;

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Oh I look forward to seeing them! I'm such a prop nerd, another reason I must do Kid. lol Currently I have no takers for Liz or Patty either, it makes me sad! D: I love Patty so much, she makes me laugh! If I didn't love Kid as much as I do, then I would be Patty.

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
...I fail at prop-making. D;

XD I love Patty as well. As for other Soul Eater characters I'll probably will cosplay Tsubaki eventually if I find a Black Star cosplayer. ^^;

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 01:37 AM
lol It takes a lot of time, effort and patients. Patients is the key!

My friend wants to do a Black Star Cosplay but he's 6' tall! lol Tallest Black Star ever! I think I lucked out with Kid, he's short! Now I'm super excited to cosplay...even though I won't be Kid anytime soon. Though I'm eager to see your Kid if you decide to do him! ^^

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 07:44 PM
That's true. As for my case: I'll probably will need a LOT of patience. ^^;

lol... I'm short as well. ;_; While your friend will be the tallest Black Star I'll probably will be the shortest Tsubaki ever (...if I cosplay her that is).

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Haha You guys should pair up! That would be great! How tall are you?

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 08:06 PM
That would be awesome! XD (I'm about 5 '3). ;_;

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Nice! I'm 5'2"!

PS, it's been decided that we're hanging out at AV! Are you from around there?

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Definitely! X3

I used to live in Henderson,NV for a few years but currently I'm in San Diego. ^^; But I'm going back soon since I'm planning to attend UNLV.

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Ah! That should be a fun drive then, or are you flying?

Lady Saya
06-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Driving, unfortunately. I wish I could fly instead. D:

Anti Ai-chan
06-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I know what you mean. My friend and I are coming from San Francisco. We will make sure to have plenty of good music! lol

Lady Saya
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Especially since you guys have a longer way to go compared to me. @_@; I tend to bring my dvd player though (but I usually end up falling asleep during long drives). ^^;

persiandragon
06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
if you don't feel like driving you can take the train to vegas if it is within your budget.

amtrak.com

Anti Ai-chan
06-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah but it gets to be much more amusing to be in a car where you can do whatever you want. It can get constricting on a train. Plus, for a con, I like to spaz and be loud. It will be entertaining. lol

Lady Saya
06-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Believe me, I'd rather take a plane or a train but I have other reason on why I'm driving. ^^;

Anti Ai-chan
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh? Care to elaborate? lol

Also, I have a 4'9" B.A.R. that's probably going with me. It's made out of wood but I don't think I would do well in a train or airplane with it. lol

persiandragon
06-13-2008, 08:48 PM
well i hope you both have a safe drive to vegas as well from california.

Anti Ai-chan
06-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks!

Lady Saya
06-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Let's just say I'm bringing a lotta stuff with me lol. XD

Anti Ai-chan
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Ah! That makes sense. I wouldn't say that I have a lot, but what I do have is fairly large and just wouldn't work via plane. Oh well!

Lady Saya
06-17-2008, 01:33 AM
And not to mention its even harder to bring props since security is so strict in airports nowadays. D:

Anti Ai-chan
06-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Yeah my rifle wouldn't do so well to say the least. O_o;;

persiandragon
06-17-2008, 09:17 PM
so have you been to anime vegas before? this will be my first time there.

Anti Ai-chan
06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I went back in 06 with a friend but I didn't have the funds to go back last year. I loved it. It was small but I made so many awesome friends there.

Lady Saya
06-18-2008, 12:25 AM
I attended their first year back in 2004.

Anti Ai-chan
06-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Have you gone since?

Lady Saya
06-18-2008, 12:32 AM
The following year I moved to Illinois so I haven't attended since then. ^^; Buuuut now that I'm back on the west coast I can go back again!

Anti Ai-chan
06-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Eww... lol How was it over there?

Lady Saya
06-18-2008, 12:41 AM
I was fine with living in Illinois (it's pretty laid back there) but the weather was the one that killed me. x_x Humidity during the summer and long, cold winters... ;_; Ack.

Anti Ai-chan
06-18-2008, 12:47 AM
That's so sad! Glad to have you back in the West coast! There may even be a chance that I'll see you at Comic Con! XD Small world!

Lady Saya
06-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks. ^^
:"D If I see you at Comic Con I'll make sure I'll say hi to ya. Just look out for Death Note cosplayers (since that's what I'll be cosplaying this year). XD

Anti Ai-chan
06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Well I'll be there on Saturday only. I'm not 100% positive but I think I'll be Jo from Burst Angel.

Lady Saya
06-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Saturday? Aww... I dunno if I'll be there Saturday for sure though (they're sold out on Saturday passes so it might be harder to volunteer). Dx

Anti Ai-chan
06-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Really?! They just had them available the other day! Good thing I bought mine. You're not going for all 4 days?

Lady Saya
06-19-2008, 02:27 AM
I didn't bother buying a four day pass since I'm technically only attending like 2 days at the most. I'm probably going to that Video Games Live concert on Thursday night (so I probably won't be there that day) but I'll definitely will be at CC on Friday. :"D

Anti Ai-chan
06-19-2008, 02:43 AM
How sad, well there's alway AV...obviously. lol

Rougette
06-22-2008, 07:32 PM
This is my second year attending (I was the mushroom heartless last year)
I'm soo excited
<33
But I'll only be able to go 2 days since the third is on a school day
D:

Anti Ai-chan
06-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Is the third day really on a school day? It's during Labor Day weekend so you should have it off.

missrelena
06-23-2008, 05:53 PM
I attended their first year back in 2004.

Wow! It was TINY in 2004! Only two rooms. It is much larger now!

Does anyone want to do an Ouran gathering? I can do it either Saturday or Monday. (Sunday I've already committed to Trinity Blood.) I have a few other friends I might be able to coerce back into their Ugly Yellow Dresses and Blue Blazers. Yay Ouran!:skidude2:

The third day is ON Labor Day, so as it is a Federal Holiday. . . there shouldn't be any school. Rougette, you should be able to come all three days!

Erudito
06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Quite a bit has been going on since I last posted, anyhow figured I'd add an update for everyone:

1. I have my reg all taken care of
2. Getting a hotel room this week
3. I've added a tread on a Type Moon gathering, with no posts yet...
4. If anyone cares http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=view&id=6367&catid=12 (see number 3)
5. Tenative cosplay list: Keitaro (Love Hina) Mikami (Death Note), James (Silent Hill 2), Aion (Chrno Crusade), Watanuki (xxxholic), Giovanni (Pokemon)
6. Yeah I know it's too much (see number 5)
7. I'm trying to get some of my friends to come along, but so far none of them have confirmed.

Lady Saya
06-23-2008, 07:06 PM
5. Tenative cosplay list: Keitaro (Love Hina) Mikami (Death Note), James (Silent Hill 2), Aion (Chrno Crusade), Watanuki (xxxholic), Giovanni (Pokemon)

Ho' shizz! You're planning to cosplay Mikami, James, and Watanuki? :"D Friggen awesome!

Anti Ai-chan
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
@Erudito: Seeing your Giovanni makes me think that you would be an awesome Mr. Chang from Black Lagoon! You should consider it! :D

Lady Saya
06-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow! It was TINY in 2004! Only two rooms. It is much larger now!

Does anyone want to do an Ouran gathering? I can do it either Saturday or Monday. (Sunday I've already committed to Trinity Blood.) I have a few other friends I might be able to coerce back into their Ugly Yellow Dresses and Blue Blazers. Yay Ouran!:skidude2:

lol it was very small. I'm glad that it's getting bigger. :3

And for the Ouran gathering: I'm for it that is if my new blazer comes in on time. XD

Rougette
06-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Is the third day really on a school day? It's during Labor Day weekend so you should have it off.

Whoa, you're right...
My English teacher told me we did
But then again she's an old hag who hates everyone >.>
Thanks for reminding me, I'll call the school and see

Yay 3 days of Anime Vegas
<3

Anti Ai-chan
06-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Haha Woot! Are you cosplaying?

missrelena
06-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Quite a bit has been going on since I last posted, anyhow figured I'd add an update for everyone:

Tenative cosplay list: Keitaro (Love Hina) Mikami (Death Note), James (Silent Hill 2), Aion (Chrno Crusade), Watanuki (xxxholic), Giovanni (Pokemon)

Wow! Cosplay-a-rama! I hope you get a hotel room REALLY nearby so the costume changes will be easier. Can't wait to see you there!

Rougette
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Yup :)
Me and 2 friends are gonna do a group from one of the Miyazaki movies
Then Captain Jack Sparrow
And since I just found out I can go on the 3rd day (thanks for that btw)
I'm gonna either be a giant death note or maybe a tetris piece
But then again the tetris pieces are getting over done :(

What about you?
:)

Anti Ai-chan
06-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I actually just saw someone cosplay as a death note! Weird! lol I personally love Tetris pieces, especially if you have a bunch and can fit in different ways! XD

I'm not sure what I'm bringing actually. lol I'll probably bring Jo from Burst Angel because my friends who's coming with me is a photographer and wants to do a photoshoot in the desert. ^^;;;

Others I may bring: Gretel (Black Lagoon), Shinx (Pokemon), Ritsuka (Loveless), Rursus (DDR/Beatmania song Xepher), Bridget (Guilty Gear), Konata (Lucky Star), Asuka (Eva) or if I'm done with Akito (Air Gear) I may bring him or if I have a new wig for Komugi (Nurse Witch Komugi) I may bring her. OMG That's a lot to choose from. DX I should narrow down my possibilities. lol

Kitty13
06-24-2008, 10:54 PM
i won't be there this year guys ;.; moved to the east coast so there's no way i'd be able to come TT^TT

Erudito
06-25-2008, 01:08 AM
@Erudito: Seeing your Giovanni makes me think that you would be an awesome Mr. Chang from Black Lagoon! You should consider it! :D

Cool thanks!

BTW, I know how you feel about wanting to cosplay too many characters my list gets bigger by the day.

Erudito
06-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Ho' shizz! You're planning to cosplay Mikami, James, and Watanuki? :"D Friggen awesome!

wow, thanks.
Since the con has a hotel it will be easier to endure being in black suits/school uniforms while in Vegas. Yay Hotels!

Oh I also wanted to add something else:
On the Anime Vegas forum I bought forth a question about interest in cosplay gatherings at AV. As most threads are like "I'm going as sch-n-such is anyone else going from that series?" I figured that there might be some interest in gatherings. Since gatherings are usually organized via coscom, but as there isn't much room here. I wanted to know if there is interest among us, how about we try to build some gatherings via the vegas forums?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anti Ai-chan
06-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Cool thanks!

No prob! :D

Lady Saya
06-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Since the con has a hotel it will be easier to endure being in black suits/school uniforms while in Vegas. Yay Hotels!

I know what you mean. I'm crossplaying Mikami (as well as other characters that wear suits/jackets pretty much). XD I'm so glad that I wouldn't have to go outside to another hotel to change and of course... air conditioning! XD

Rougette
06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Haha, the tetris pieces sound like a really good idea now. Hopefully I can get my friends to do it too.

Whoa...that's a lot of costumes, you totally try should narrow down your possibilities, unless your getting a hotel room, that way you could keep changing throughout the day.
xDD
The ones I recognize are so elaborate though
That's awesome

@Erudito: Not only do I agree with the whole thank goodness for indoor air conditioning but I like your idea about the cosplay gatherings
I don't think it would be too hard to cordinate everyone into meeting at the same time and all.
But then again, things usually work out better in my mind than in real life ^^;

Anti Ai-chan
06-25-2008, 03:55 PM
@Rougette: lol Obviously I'm going to narrow that down to 3 or 4 costumes. I just need to figure out which ones. Any suggestions based off the ones you know? I plan on staying with friends for Vegas because I think they booked a room or are going to, so a hotel shouldn't be a problem. ^^

Lady Saya
06-25-2008, 05:37 PM
@Ai-chan: Which version of Asuka are you planning to wear?

Erudito
06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
@Erudito: Not only do I agree with the whole thank goodness for indoor air conditioning but I like your idea about the cosplay gatherings
I don't think it would be too hard to cordinate everyone into meeting at the same time and all.
But then again, things usually work out better in my mind than in real life ^^;

Well setting up everything becomes much easier with multiple people. I think if we have a set group of "gathering bosses" then it will become easier to set everything up. At this point I think what need to be done is there needs to be a set location or locations and then the next step will be to get the word out and set up times/days. After that, I hope, everything will slide into place.

Edit:
I've added a thread about cosplay gatherings on the anime vegas forums. Please check it out and post if you are interest:
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=view&catid=12&id=7022#7022

Anti Ai-chan
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I only have the school uniform. I don't have the patients to make a plugsuit. lol Even though one day I would like to attempt it, I doubt it's going to happen. I have pictures of the uniform in my gallery...somewhere.

Kitsurubami
06-26-2008, 12:29 AM
I will be at Anime Vegas with some friends, we may all go to Quarks bar for a photoshoot for fun, if anyone want's to tag along and is 21+ your welcome to join (I say 21+ cause I don't know if there age restrictions here, even just for a photoshoot.)

Erudito
06-26-2008, 01:20 AM
I will be at Anime Vegas with some friends, we may all go to Quarks bar for a photoshoot for fun, if anyone want's to tag along and is 21+ your welcome to join (I say 21+ cause I don't know if there age restrictions here, even just for a photoshoot.)

Cool sounds like fun.
Maybe I'll bring some friends along.

Rougette
06-26-2008, 01:48 AM
@Anti Ai-chan: I convinced my friends to do the tetris blocks with me, yay. Lol
I reconize the Shinx, Konata, Bridget and Akito
And all of those sound really awesome to me.
Excpeically Shinx, but then again, I'm a major pokemon fan.
Lol

@Erudito: Awesome, I'll take a look at the thread.
But that site doesn't like me, It uploads absurdly slow
D:

persiandragon
06-26-2008, 02:32 AM

yay. star trek experience thing. were you planning on taking thhe monorail there?
im interested in attending.

Kitsurubami
06-26-2008, 12:27 PM
yay. star trek experience thing. were you planning on taking thhe monorail there?
im interested in attending.

I didn't know that there was a monorail, I haven't been to Vegas since 2003 When I go I'll probily be dressed as Alucard.

Kitsurubami
06-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Cool sounds like fun.
Maybe I'll bring some friends along.

Sounds cool, the more the merryer. I may do my Hellsing cosplay for it.

persiandragon
06-26-2008, 10:18 PM
I didn't know that there was a monorail, I haven't been to Vegas since 2003 When I go I'll probily be dressed as Alucard.

ye i looked at the hotel website. it is connected to a few of the hotels. don't know how far away the las vegas hilton is from the renassiance to walk there or just take a monarail for a few dollars

Erudito
06-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Sounds cool, the more the merryer. I may do my Hellsing cosplay for it.

Hellsing? Maybe I'll go as Walter, that cosplay should be done by AV.

Toshi_Riku
06-28-2008, 01:41 AM
I may attend this year yeah

Rougette
06-28-2008, 09:59 PM
I may attend this year yeahAwesome : D
What are you going to cosplay as?

ThatYak-Attack
06-29-2008, 08:31 PM
There's a very slim chance I'm going this year, but I'm curious anyways.

Will the con still be an enjoyable time for me even though I'd be a sixteen-year-old in Vegas? Is it just like any other con or what?

Anti Ai-chan
06-29-2008, 09:07 PM
There's a very slim chance I'm going this year, but I'm curious anyways.

Will the con still be an enjoyable time for me even though I'd be a sixteen-year-old in Vegas? Is it just like any other con or what?

I was 17 when I went to AV back in 06 and I had a great time. It sounds like your more concerned about doing things in Vegas, rather than going to the con. All cons are pretty similar, it's just the people you meet that make each one a different experience.

ThatYak-Attack
06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
I was 17 when I went to AV back in 06 and I had a great time. It sounds like your more concerned about doing things in Vegas, rather than going to the con. All cons are pretty similar, it's just the people you meet that make each one a different experience.

Okay, sounds good. Thanks alot!

Rougette
06-29-2008, 10:49 PM
There's noting really different to do in Vegas until your older
So it's basically just like any other con
(I'm 16 too, well in a few months)

I hope you can make it :D

EDIT: Whoa, I'm blind
Anti Ai-Chan already said this
My bad

Anti Ai-chan
06-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Okay, sounds good. Thanks alot!

No problem! Hope you can make it!

Kitsurubami
06-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Hellsing? Maybe I'll go as Walter, that cosplay should be done by AV.

Sounds good, one of my friends is doing Rip Van Winkle. Maybe we can get a group together.

Erudito
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Sounds good, one of my friends is doing Rip Van Winkle. Maybe we can get a group together.

Cool, sounds good.

missrelena
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
A Hellsing group would be FABULOUS!!!! My cosplay group can do it either Saturday or Monday. . . just let us know! Yay Hellsing!:rockon: (I added our votes to the AV forum list!)

NyuNyu
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
The Anime Vegas site appears to be down...did someone forget to pay for their webhosting? ^.^; Hopefully it'll come back soon and the convention's not in any trouble.

missrelena
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
The Anime Vegas site appears to be down...did someone forget to pay for their webhosting? ^.^; Hopefully it'll come back soon and the convention's not in any trouble.

Seems to be working now. Maybe it was just a glitch.:crylaugh:

Erudito
07-07-2008, 11:59 AM
A Hellsing group would be FABULOUS!!!! My cosplay group can do it either Saturday or Monday. . . just let us know! Yay Hellsing!:rockon: (I added our votes to the AV forum list!)

Will do, thanks for the support!

MagneticTempest
07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
I can't wait for this con. :)

Anti Ai-chan
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I can't wait for this con. :)

You better go!

Hitomi-chan99
07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I Wanna go as Roxas if anyones doing Axel tell ME! I live in LA but i am going there for FUN!

Anti Ai-chan
07-10-2008, 09:49 PM
It seems that there are a lot of people commuting for this con! I thought most of it was locals.

AnimeJ
07-11-2008, 02:45 AM
It's good to see so many non-locals come out! Especially ones that I know :3

Anti Ai-chan
07-11-2008, 02:48 AM
AKA, Jason loves me and can't wait for me to visit! lol Hearts to AnimeJ!

SirMiYavI21
07-11-2008, 03:22 AM
im going to not be able to go it sucks T_T

Toshi_Riku
07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Awesome : D
What are you going to cosplay as?

if i go I got a Bleach and Naruto cosplay ready and
Anti-Form
how about you?

persiandragon
07-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Anti-Form
how about you?

krillin from dragonball z
yamamoto from hitman reborn and might bring my crossplay of sora from kaliedo star but not sure yet.

probably just cosplay saturday and monday as yamamoto and sunday as krillin.

SirMiYavI21
07-14-2008, 07:28 AM
T_T I wont be able to go this year live to far should of stayed in vegas WAAAAAAAA

Hazel Chaz
07-17-2008, 02:29 AM
I'm going to have a table in the Artists' Alley. I was thinking, perhaps I should bring the Costume Repair Station Kit? I brought it to AX, and about five people made use of the safety pins, hot glue gun, Res-Q-tape, and so forth. It's got a number of things that are handy to have in the case of a cosplay emergency.

It's one more bin to throw in the back of the car... I hear that Anime Vegas is having a Con Suite, so hooray for that -- I won't be giving away granola bars and bottles of water at my table if they're giving away soft drinks and snacks somewhere upstairs. So that means I'll have a little extra room in the car.

Rougette
07-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Anti-Form
how about you?
That's awesome!
Umm, a secret project, a tetris block and the last one keeps changing but right now it's Reborn from Hitman Reborn.

Edit: Change Reborn to the Mushroom Heartless now
>_<

Rougette
07-17-2008, 03:07 AM
I was wondering, do people dress up for the rave? or do they just go in normal clothes? And is there an age restriction for the rave?

@Hazel Chaz: That's so cool, what name is going to be under? I wanna check it out :)
And the emergancy kit sounds like a wonderful idea.

The Clayster
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
First post!

Anyways, I will be there, I live in Laughlin, about an hour away. I am gonna be staying in Vegas for the weekend with a friend though, we will both be there.

missrelena
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm going to have a table in the Artists' Alley. I was thinking, perhaps I should bring the Costume Repair Station Kit? I brought it to AX, and about five people made use of the safety pins, hot glue gun, Res-Q-tape, and so forth. It's got a number of things that are handy to have in the case of a cosplay emergency.

That would totally rock! I saw the Repair Station at ALA, and it was a huge lifesaver to many a cosplayer! Even if I don't need a costume rescue, I'll have to stop by and say "Hi!"

Anti Ai-chan
07-17-2008, 02:53 PM

That would be amazing! You never know what could go wrong when it comes to cosplay.

NamineGhostGirl
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
~Hey everyone! This is Chibi. <3

Cant wait to see you all again. Luvs ya!

n_____n

Hazel Chaz
07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
@Hazel Chaz: That's so cool, what name is going to be under? I wanna check it out :)
And the emergancy kit sounds like a wonderful idea.

That would totally rock! I saw the Repair Station at ALA, and it was a huge lifesaver to many a cosplayer! Evan if I don't need a costume rescue, I'll have to stop by and say "Hi!"

That would be amazing! You never know what could go wrong when it comes to cosplay.

Okay, then I'll have to bring it. We're going to be in the Artists' Alley. Look for the purple Animé Los Angeles tablecloth.

Anti Ai-chan
07-17-2008, 08:07 PM
~Hey everyone! This is Chibi. <3

Cant wait to see you all again. Luvs ya!

n_____n
I just looked through your costumes and noticed you have a picture with Motoko! She's one of my best friends in Vegas! Small world! lol

Travel-Valenti
07-17-2008, 08:10 PM
It's very tempting. Right now, it's just a matter of finding people to share a hotel room with.

Erudito
07-17-2008, 10:13 PM

It's one more bin to throw in the back of the car... I hear that Anime Vegas is having a Con Suite, so hooray for that -- I won't be giving away granola bars and bottles of water at my table if they're giving away soft drinks and snacks somewhere upstairs. So that means I'll have a little extra room in the car.

Dood! It's good to know you'll be there. I'll be there with Suzu (Cosplay Cyborg) and we'll stop by your booth.

Sir_Integra
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
For the love of God, Queen, Country, and all things holy I will be at AV this year. Probably not in a new costume as I had hoped. *pout* Oh well.

Hazel Chaz
07-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Dood! It's good to know you'll be there. I'll be there with Suzu (Cosplay Cyborg) and we'll stop by your booth.

Oh, Suzanne's coming? Excellent!

I'm really looking forward to being able to go from my room to the convention without having to go outdoors...

otaku_drea
07-25-2008, 07:28 PM
yay!
why isnt there a seperate forum for anime vegas? xD oh well
i am super happy to say i am going! thanks to erudito to pointing this thread out to me!! i will make sure to give you a hug if i see you xD
verty excited! this is my first out of state con =3
cant wait to see everyone!

Anti Ai-chan
07-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I think it's too small of a con to have its own forum.

Hitomi-chan99
07-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Hmm...I don't know but I am so going! Boo YAH!

Hazel Chaz
07-25-2008, 11:23 PM

The admins have been working on a bunch of other stuff on the website for a few years, and Anime Vegas grew to something worth noticing when they weren't paying attention.

I'm told they're about to launch a new system where a convention's forum is linked off of the event calendar, and they're not adding new ones in the meanwhile...

Hitomi-chan99
07-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know if there are going to be any gatherings? I wanna maybe start one if they are having it!

otaku_drea
07-25-2008, 11:41 PM
oh.. i see xD
but its in vegas O.o it should be big.. eh well, sorta xD

Hitomi-chan99
07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah whats not to like about Vegas...and its such a hot spot it should be really popular!

Rougette
07-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Does anyone know if there are going to be any gatherings? I wanna maybe start one if they are having it!
Yup, the gathering list is on the AnimeVegas site :)
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=view&id=7022&catid=12

Hitomi-chan99
07-26-2008, 05:29 PM
thanks! I can't wait to go it will be so fun!

Erudito
07-27-2008, 12:46 AM
yay!
i am super happy to say i am going! thanks to erudito to pointing this thread out to me!! i will make sure to give you a hug if i see you xD
verty excited! this is my first out of state con =3
cant wait to see everyone!

Yay, a promised hug!! I shouldn't be too hard to track down due to my involvement with all the gatherings. I wish I could tell you who I was going to cosplay as, but the list changes day to day... which happens every con.

@Rougette, thanks for posting my gathering list.

Anyone who would like to help with the gatherings please PM me.

BTW: 200th post!!!! How do I do it? I post too much!

Hitomi-chan99
07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I am so excited since my friends live in LV!

Anti Ai-chan
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I am so excited since my friends live in LV!

I know what you mean. A lot of my friends live in Vegas so it's great to see them again! :D

Hazel Chaz
07-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Yup, the gathering list is on the AnimeVegas site :)
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=view&id=7022&catid=12

Rich and I relocated the gatherings in the Anime Vegas forums. Go here instead:
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=view&id=7022&catid=15
(message thread)
or here:
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=showcat&catid=15
(gatherings forum)

Sorry about the change... Note, to all new people out there, you'll probably need to sign up for an animevegas.com login in order to use their forums.

Rougette
07-29-2008, 02:19 AM
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=view&id=7022&catid=15
(message thread)
or here:
http://www.animevegas.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=3&func=showcat&catid=15
(gatherings forum)

Sorry about the change... Note, to all new people out there, you'll probably need to sign up for an animevegas.com login in order to use their forums.
O:
Yay, seperate fourms!

otaku_drea
07-29-2008, 02:48 AM
@Erudito: xD ok!

@hitomi-chan: yeah, but maybe its good its not so "big?" xD cause then it might be like anime expo...

so like, since this is my first AV, and i never really been IN vegas before, i only go through it, or more like past it when i got up to idaho, but is it real nice? o3o, and i am kinda nervous being in vegas, since its like sin city and all, i dunno, maybe i am being paranoid?

Anti Ai-chan
07-29-2008, 03:53 AM
so like, since this is my first AV, and i never really been IN vegas before, i only go through it, or more like past it when i got up to idaho, but is it real nice? o3o, and i am kinda nervous being in vegas, since its like sin city and all, i dunno, maybe i am being paranoid?

I've heard from some of my friends who are on staff that the hotel it's at this year is nice, so I don't think you have to worry about that. Also, unless you plan on going out to the strip at night, I don't think you'll need to be too concerned about the Vegas scene. Most of the days will be take up by the con where we all share the same interests. I don't think you need to be paranoid about anything, just stay in good company. :D

mirthfairy
07-29-2008, 08:37 AM

@hitomi-chan: yeah, but maybe its good its not so "big?" xD cause then it might be like anime expo...

Nothing to be paranoid about. Las Vegas is just like any other city (except that we are a smaller city with some neat big city stuff). The whole "Sin City" thing is just to draw tourists.

Hazel Chaz
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Yay, separate fourms!

Yeah, it's a lot harder for the staff to keep on top of questions that need to be answered when everything's jumbled together. I had Rich add the 11 new forums (!) and then spent a few hours glancing at every single message, sorting them into the different categories.

It's still up to the Anime Vegas crew to read the posts, of course, and respond where needed. But it should be easier for them to do it now.

Erudito
07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
(message thread)
or here:
(gatherings forum)

Thanks, it feels more offical now.

Erudito
07-30-2008, 12:58 AM

No worries about Vegas, it's not like the movies and whatnot. Though there are tons of hobos. If you are worried find a person or two to hang with and you'll be fine, plus all cons are more fun with a group.

otaku_drea
07-30-2008, 04:10 AM
xD ah ok!
Hopefully i can find some bleach cosplayers to hang with like i did at Ax xD was definatly sooo much fun to hang with a group, beter than being by yourself >.>;

Natchan
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Yay Vegas! I actually have three different shows I'm wearing costumes from this year, and not all Integra!

Hitomi-chan99
07-30-2008, 06:36 PM
its so hard moeny wise too! I am like running out of money! I like will need a stupid sponcer soon!

Lady Saya
07-31-2008, 11:44 PM
There's a subforum for this now? Sweet! ^^

mastershambler
08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
This will be my 3rd year attending! I'll be going as Dr. Mario!

Erudito
08-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Yay, we have our own section. How long has this been here? Why am I the last to know?

Anyhow, the gathering listings are starting to come together on the AV forums.

Anti Ai-chan
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Anyhow, the gathering listings are starting to come together on the AV forums.

I think we should make a gathering list on here as well for those who don't go to the official website. That way everyone would be informed. Just a suggestion! ^^

Rougette
08-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah, it's a lot harder for the staff to keep on top of questions that need to be answered when everything's jumbled together. I had Rich add the 11 new forums (!) and then spent a few hours glancing at every single message, sorting them into the different categories.

It's still up to the Anime Vegas crew to read the posts, of course, and respond where needed. But it should be easier for them to do it now.
Woah, Thank you for that
It makes everything so much more easier

And oh snap, we have our own sub-fourm.
<3

Lady Saya
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I think we should make a gathering list on here as well for those who don't go to the official website. That way everyone would be informed. Just a suggestion! ^^

I agree. I don't frequent the AV boards but cosplay gathering lists on here won't hurt. :3

The Clayster
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I am officially going, my friend booked a room at a resort. I will be TDK Joker and Scarecrow from Batman Begins.

Erudito
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
By popular demand:

Cosplay gathering listings will be posted in this sub-forum!

Link: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2565792#post2565792

(It dawns on me the link isn't really needed, I mean there are like six topics in this sub-forum)

Toshi_Riku
08-09-2008, 10:50 PM
yeah seems I'm actually making it this year bwahahahaha

Anti Ai-chan
08-10-2008, 01:57 AM
@Erudito: Thanks for taking the time to make that!

@Toshi: That's exciting, who do you plan to cosplay as?

So I think I have 2 for-sure costumes I'm bring, Bridget (Guilty Gear) and Akito (Air Gear). I'm still need a third but I'm excited to have something finalized. I'm probably going with a small GG group, hopefully on the first day with an Axl, Faust and Anji so feel free to say hello! ^^

iaShakezula
08-10-2008, 11:42 PM
This will be the 3rd or fourth time I am going to Anime Vegas ,I know the organizer so I am trying to support him.I am a little disappointed with the guest list though.I know he tried.
I will be there Saturday and Sunday and maybe Monday just to say goodbye.

Toshi_Riku
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
@Anti Ai - LOL
well me and my friends are drving down so we really didn't decide much XP. But I'm going to have a Bleach Cosplay, and some other sort in mind lol.
How about yuorself?

Anti Ai-chan
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
How about yuorself?

Awesome! I'm probably going to be Bridget (Guilty Gear) and Akito (Air Gear) but my third is still up in the air... and I need Akito's wig still. Bah! I lack money! DX

Toshi_Riku
08-13-2008, 02:57 AM
I may change my cosplays depending on the out come of the gathering as well

KrazEELegaL
08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I just found out the Anime Vegas is the SAME weekend as the weekend I am being forced to go to Vegas for an attorney convention so I'm going for sure! YAY~!

I was so sad last year because the attorney convention was like the week after Anime Vegas and I couldn't afford to fly to Vegas two weekends in a row. But, this year it worked out so perfectly~!

* waves to everyone *

Hi~! This will be my first time at Anime Vegas and I'm looking forward to meeting you all :) I've pretty much only been to cons and gatherings in the SoCal area so I am excited to see what Anime Vegas is like XD

Toshi_Riku
08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
I just found out the Anime Vegas is the SAME weekend as the weekend I am being forced to go to Vegas for an attorney convention so I'm going for sure! YAY~!

I was so sad last year because the attorney convention was like the week after Anime Vegas and I couldn't afford to fly to Vegas two weekends in a row. But, this year it worked out so perfectly~!

* waves to everyone *

Hi~! This will be my first time at Anime Vegas and I'm looking forward to meeting you all :) I've pretty much only been to cons and gatherings in the SoCal area so I am excited to see what Anime Vegas is like XD

its the same for me too XP my first year at A-V too >< I hear good things hoping to have fun and meet new cool people

Erudito
08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
KrazEELegaL, Toshi

As a SoCal cosplayer I'm glad to hear you will be going to AV. It's one of my favorite cons. Make sure to track me down and say hi.

Rougette
08-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor that there's not going to be any yaoi/yuri stuff this year.
Does anyone know if it's true?

Anti Ai-chan
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no hentai this year but I'm not sure about anything else.

Toshi_Riku
08-16-2008, 12:08 AM
lol ok erudito
just looks for me and i'll try looking too

HowdyTakitty
08-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure if I've posted here or not..
Anyway, Hello!! ^_^
The con is approaching so I'm getting into countdown mode~
I still need to finish details of my costume -_-*

Rougette
08-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no hentai this year but I'm not sure about anything else.

I think you're right, considering I just saw Yaoi Press back on the dealers list.

HowdyTakitty: Haha, me too hun.
I've only got one costume 95% done and then maybe 50% on the other
xD

Kitsurubami
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I've been to Vegas before but never for an anime con. I mentioned before that I was looking for some people to join me on a trek to the Star Trek hotel on Saturday night. If anyone is up for it let me know and where a good place and time is too meet up at the con.

Erudito
08-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I've been to Vegas before but never for an anime con. I mentioned before that I was looking for some people to join me on a trek to the Star Trek hotel on Saturday night. If anyone is up for it let me know and where a good place and time is too meet up at the con.

That sounds like fun, if I'm not caught up in something else, I might go.

persiandragon
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM

depends what the schedule is saturday at the con. i probably will goto the star trek hotel friday after i get my badge since i don't think anything is happening friday night

anime_firelight
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know if there will be single day passes? I'm interested in going on Saturday with a few of my friends. I checked the site, and they haven't mentioned the daily rates. It would be a waste for my group to buy the weekend pass, because we all have other plans.

I've been to about 2 of the past Anime Vegas cons and was able to purchase the single day admission each time (even in preregistration). T___T

nakamura_kun
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
There are no single day passes this year.

anime_firelight
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Ah geeeeeeeze that's been making me go crazy the past few days. :lost: It'll really kill the attendance. >_<

I most likely won't be able to go this year because school costs (books/tuition) will ultimately come first. Who knows... I might just drop by the Renaissance hotel and then wander around in cosplay for pictures. XD

Kitsurubami
08-23-2008, 01:05 AM
depends what the schedule is saturday at the con. i probably will goto the star trek hotel friday after i get my badge since i don't think anything is happening friday night

That may be a better plan, doing it friday. I'll probily be dresses as Alucard for the Star Trek hotel.

Kitsurubami
08-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Ah geeeeeeeze that's been making me go crazy the past few days. :lost: It'll really kill the attendance. >_<

I most likely won't be able to go this year because school costs (books/tuition) will ultimately come first. Who knows... I might just drop by the Renaissance hotel and then wander around in cosplay for pictures. XD

Maybe you can work something out so you can come.

Hakaider
08-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Just a quick note for anyone planning to check out the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton:

Please keep in mind that the Labor Day weekend would be the final weekend for the show. The show closes on Labor day, September 1st, 2008. There was a contract dispute between the Las Vegas Hilton and Paramount, so it was decided not to renew the contract.

You can see the official letter from the official website here:

http://www.startrekexp.com/pdf/STTE-Media-release.pdf

Official website of Star Trek: The Experience:
http://www.startrekexp.com/

This means that if you are planning to see the show, this coming weekend would be the last chance to see it before it closes.

missrelena
08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Just a quick note for anyone planning to check out the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton:

Please keep in mind that the Labor Day weekend would be the final weekend for the show. The show closes on Labor day, September 1st, 2008. There was a contract dispute between the Las Vegas Hilton and Paramount, so it was decided not to renew the contract.

This means that if you are planning to see the show, this coming weekend would be the last chance to see it before it closes.

Wow! Thanks for letting us know! I might have to try to go, too!

Toshi_Riku
08-25-2008, 08:08 PM
AOI about 4 more days before it @_@

the startrek exp. gonna go on friday ^ ^
gosh it will be cool I heard alot of stuff about it ^ ^ can't wait

persiandragon
08-26-2008, 01:08 AM
anime vegas program guide is up on the website

Anti Ai-chan
08-28-2008, 05:24 AM
Wow, I feel like I haven't been on in awhile! I'm super excited that I leave tomorrow for Vegas! *squeel* I also know which costumes I'll be bringing (finally): Bridget of Guilty Gear, Akito of Air Gear and Ritsuka of Loveless. Aka, I'm going to be super femmy boys all weekend! lol

I actually forgot to mention that I'm co-hosting a panel on Sunday. It's the cosplay idol panel from 4-5 so feel free to check it out or stop by and say hello! <3

Erudito
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey, day before I head out and I can't wait to leave!

Busy weekend for me: gatherings, maids, AMVs, and so much more.

And like a good last minute man I have my cosplay list:

Saturday: Walter (Hellsing)
Sunday: James (Silent Hill 2)
Monday: Keitaro (Love Hina)

With possible appearences by: Icchan (Angelic Layer) and Gumshoe (Ace Attorney series)

Since I'm in the AMV contest, glomp me for luck!

PS: Say "break a leg" not the other phrase used for well wishing before a contest, thanks.

jinnai
08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
I have a FEVER!!!!!

And the only way to Cure it is----

*you'll find out Saturday Afternoon.* xD

Erudito
08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I have a FEVER!!!!!

Oh, I know, I know.....
(Does his bad Christopher Walken impression)
I have a fever, and the only cure is.... more cowbell. I need more cowbell, in this song...

Cosplaying Christopher Walken, that is so cool, I should do that one of these days.

Wait, did I ruin the surprise?
Oh man, I shouldn't have posted.....

I'm so sorry Jinnai!!!!

Anti Ai-chan
08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I have a FEVER!!!!!

lol That's not much of a surprise especially since you posted what the surprise was on Myspace! XD

adriannrod
01-23-2009, 10:37 PM
This thread died. Will I get in trouble for reviving it?