PDA

View Full Version : AnimeNEXT 2004

AnimeParty
06-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Whats with the move to June?

>< That's finals week. :*( I don't wanna miss it........................

eugenecheng
06-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by AnimeParty
Whats with the move to June?

>< That's finals week. :*( I don't wanna miss it........................

We took a lot of things into consideration when setting the
dates for 2004. One of the major things we had to take
into account was the schedule of other major conventions
in the summer. If we pushed the dates any later, we would
run the risk of not getting some of the dealer's and guests
that we wanted.

So yeah, unfortunately it may run into finals week. But on
the bright side, it should be the end of final's week, so you'll
still be able to enjoy most of the convention.

Eugene

TheAnarCHris
06-20-2003, 04:51 PM
O_o?!?!

Yay June?

Zephyrs
06-20-2003, 05:22 PM
I'm excited about the June date. Sounds like it'll be nice way to kick off summer, and it's back at the 2002 site which for me is a hell of alot easier drive - 15 minutes compared to 1-2 hours!

And since it's at the tail end of the school year, we can probably somehow get my school's anime club to take a trip there - still going to try for this year's con as well. hooray!

TyJILDown
06-20-2003, 08:08 PM
June would be great, warmer weather would be great for cosplay as well. Plus the fact that October is during the school year, college year will be ending by June for SUmmer Recess :D

xKaori
06-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Yea June is good!!!! Only cause I'm graduating. LOL Might as well celebrate by going to AnimeNEXT. XD

Zephyrs
06-20-2003, 08:30 PM
same here xKaori... I didn't even think of that. I can celebrate my completion of high school with an anime convention!

AnimeParty
06-20-2003, 09:13 PM
:( I still got finals that week....and after.........my schoool sucks.......:(

eugenecheng
06-20-2003, 09:38 PM
That's next semester. Did they already set the final's schedule
that far in advance?

xKaori
06-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Actually that's regents week. LOL I just noticed but no worries since there's a high chance of me not taking any regents. ^^

DemonMisery
04-30-2004, 01:38 PM
My birthday's in June and this is a mahvelous 14th birthday present! I think June is a great time for the con!

ShoyesaiNoMiko
04-30-2004, 02:07 PM
I have finals that week too. I have to miss one of my finals to go on Friday. T_T

echocharlie
04-30-2004, 03:07 PM
I have finals that week too. I have to miss one of my finals to go on Friday. T_T

You're skipping a final for an anime convention? Your priorities are a little screwy. :D

StarDustShadow
04-30-2004, 06:47 PM
xKaori and Silentduelist:

Lol, Me TOO! What a great way to end the long, arduous school years of pain and torture ^____^ I graduate in early June, make last minute con scramblings--then hit AnimeNext Friday morning (WoOt!)

I definitely like the con better in June, i can go all 3 days now as opposed to getting there Saturday morning like i did last year *shakes fist at school*

SHOY-CHAN! Oooooh, do you think maybe i could meet you at the con? ^^ (Has heard much about you like i said at the otakuduet forum (i be Summoner_Yuna there ^^)) :)

*~Yunie~*

ShoyesaiNoMiko
04-30-2004, 08:07 PM
You're skipping a final for an anime convention? Your priorities are a little screwy. :D

I'm not missing it entirely. I'm just taking it on the makeup day. I did it for midterms last year with Anime NEXT. >.> For some reason, Anime NEXT has been scheduled at important times of the year for me this year and last year too. Ah well. I mean, it's not like it'll affect my grades, if anything, I'll get an extra day to study. I'm just taking it a day late. *shrug*

And Yunie! Yesh, I do know you from the forums. ^^ Yes, you can meet me at the con. I'll PM you about the circumstances though.