PDA

View Full Version : Farscape Anyone?

kylash327
06-20-2003, 02:33 AM
I've been working on a Peace Keeper Commando suit from Farscape for a while now, and in posting a few pics of my pulse pistol, it seems several people out there know of Farscape, more than I would have thought. So I'm just curious if anyone else is working on a Farscape costume.

ZiggyB
06-20-2003, 02:43 AM
I'm gonna try to do Scorpious for Comic Con. Yah, it'll be the *perfect* costume in 80-90 degree weather. Heat control my neebox. -_-

kylash327
06-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Haha, wow, you've really gotta be insane to try making that. I've seen one before, and it was freaking amazing, but yeah, VERY HOT. You're entire body covered in non breathable crocodile leather, a full head mask, and little blinky LED's on the sides of your head, lol. Have fun ^_^;

ZiggyB
06-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Well probably not *all* crocodile leather, I'll cheat with vinyl where I can but the shoulder and tails I'll try and use crocodile leather if I can find it. -_-

kylash327
06-20-2003, 04:29 PM
The makeup should be fun. ^_^; Here's the one i was talkin about:

http://www.karlsweb.com/Costuming/instructions/scorpy.htm
http://www.karlsweb.com/Costuming/Images/scorpy/Cos_Contest_Scorpy1_Full.jpg

evilchii
06-20-2003, 11:06 PM
haha, i'm so glad someone finally made a farscape thread. it's such a great show.

good luck ZiggyB with the Scorpious outfit!!!

as a side note, i'm so sad that they didn't renew it for another season though. ;_;

kylash327
06-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Yay! Yeah the season cut sucked, but there's gonna be a theatrical movie so, yay! ^_~

Ayaka
06-21-2003, 03:35 AM
Kylash and Ziggy already know but I'll be doing an Aeryn costume, and possibly Chiana from "John Quixote" (the RPG episode) at some point. ^^

So yay! Farscape!

kylash327
06-21-2003, 07:49 PM
And you're gonna make the best damn Aeryn cause you look just like her!!!

Famira Damaris
06-21-2003, 08:44 PM
If anyone did John Crichton, I would have to glomp them. XD *is major, if new, Farscape fan* XDXD

kylash327
06-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Well, I'd be doing Chrichton if I didnt have to cut my hair...cause I aint cuttin it :-p So Im just gonna have to go with a Crais lookin PK with a goatee :p

ZiggyB
06-23-2003, 04:27 PM
kylash: wow, that's a great Scorpious. 8-O I hope I do half as well...

Yah, I'm gonna be bugging my friends about the makeup.

Woohoo, we're gonna have to get together sometime so that we can get photos together! :D

kylash327
06-23-2003, 07:18 PM
I plan to be at Comic Con coming soon :D

kylash327
06-24-2003, 12:45 AM
Idea! Do Harvey! Then you can wear a Hawaiian shirt...or a tuxedo...or a bunny suit... just get the mask done! :D

ZiggyB
06-24-2003, 06:28 AM
Haha, I thought about that in case I run out of time or something. Since the Hawaiian shirt can hide things.

We'll see. :)

kylash327
06-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Yay! Sweet sweet ParnsAngel is going to try making my PK Commando jacket for me! Then it will finally be done! :D

kylash327
06-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Oh, and this is where you cna find Harvey's shirt just in case ^_~

http://www.starburstcards.com/KarlswebCommercePlanet/Other-01.htm#MamboShirt

ZiggyB
06-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Holy....

Um... I think I'll hit the thrift store for something obnoxious instead. :)

duck
06-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Yay, Farscape costumers.

I intend to do a random Nebari someday, perhaps even Chiana eventually.

kylash327
06-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Parnsangel, I got you a quickrealease belt and will work on your holster soon...so get jumpin on those PK jackets! :p

ParnsAngel
06-27-2003, 02:16 AM
Whoa! Belt and holster, sweetness!!! *huuuuggg!!*

Test jacket is 85% complete, sir ^_~

ZiggyB
06-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Waaaaah, someone make my Scorpious costume for me.... ;-)

ParnsAngel
06-28-2003, 11:03 AM
*lol* you're on your own for that, hun ^_~

Test jacket complete, on to the vinyl!

....if I only knew how to sew vinyl.....-_-;;;

trekkieb47
06-28-2003, 08:35 PM
I want to do John Season 3, with the peacekeeper vest and black shirt.

I already have John's blue eyes and haircut.

Now I need to leard how to sew... or get parnsangel to do my vest.... :P

Berry

Ayaka
06-29-2003, 02:21 AM
Uhh . . . wow maybe I shouldn't volunteer for this, lol. But I can make it for you, Berry, if you want.

kylash327
06-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Woooooo! I cant wait to see it Parn :D

kylash327
07-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Lil update of the jacket ^_^

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4325&ppuser=3327&password=&page=1

ZiggyB
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey guys. I just had a nasty reality check, so I probably won't do Scorpious for SDCC... Eesh, what was I thinking? :)

Next time. :>

The jacket looks fantastic! I want one! :D

kylash327
07-07-2003, 08:26 PM
I was waiting to see how long it would take to figure that out :p

ZiggyB
07-07-2003, 08:36 PM
:P

Ayaka said the same thing to me at AX. :P Oh sure, crush my dreams why don't you? :)

ParnsAngel
07-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Nooooooo! You can make Scorpy! Sure ya can! Gogogogogogogogo!!!!! ^____^

ZiggyB
07-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Just wait until I go with my BOOM STICK! :p

I think I'm gonna ghetto Ash from Army of Darkness. I can handle that in a week and a half at least. :)

kylash327
07-07-2003, 11:51 PM
You could still easily pull off Harvey man...c'mon!

ParnsAngel
07-15-2003, 12:29 AM
*lol* give in to the peer pressure...give iiiiin....^_^

and yea...finished my Hotlips costume, hopefully the one I made for Kylash fits as well! ^^;;;

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4417&ppuser=3907

ZiggyB
07-15-2003, 03:59 AM
Hotlips? :)

That jacket is just amazing! Remember to bring your pulse pistol to ward off the fanboys. :)

kylash327
07-15-2003, 01:01 PM
You must remember Hotlips...the Commando that John liked in "A Bugs Life" ^_^

ZiggyB
07-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Oooh, it's been a while since I've seen the first season episodes. :) I vaguely remember it though. :>

ParnsAngel
07-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Yea, until he offed her >_< Damn bug....

Nietsche
07-15-2003, 11:21 PM
I'd like to know how they made that blue make-up on Virginia Hey (Zan) look 'natural'...I'd also like to see a Zan being cosplayed

kylash327
07-15-2003, 11:26 PM
www.karlsweb.com

kylash327
08-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Just posted pics of my finished Peacekeeper Commando costume ^_____^

ZiggyB
08-02-2003, 02:29 AM
The PK costumes turned out great!

I can't believe I missed you guys at Comic Con though. :(

I heard what happened to you guys on Friday. :( That Farscape panel was a riot! I wish I brought a tape recorder with me, but I didn't even think about it until I was there. -_-

kylash327
08-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Well second try should work...ParnsAngel and I are gonna wear the costumes at Wizard World, I promise this time :p And we're gonna meet the cast!

ZiggyB
08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Cool! You'll have to get pictures. Hopefully Claudia Black can make it to that one, she couldn't to Comic Con.

I have a ton of pictures that I still haven't posted. Will probably put up my Otakon ones first and then SDCC.

Spooky Brew
10-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Why no one has posted here in a while, I do not know! Farscape is a kick ass show that rocks my screen! I would like to cosplay this version of Aeryn, and I'm not sure what I should do for the vest or for the pistol holster!

http://perriverse.dreamhost.com/farscape/gifs/images/tvg11.jpg

Ah....Farscape is love :heart:

Spooky Brew
10-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Anyone?? T-T

ParnsAngel
10-30-2003, 12:52 AM
*lol* Ooooh, that is a awesome vest!!!! Farscape designs are so cool ^_____^ Youre thinking of doing that by hand? I think I'd die ^^;;

Spooky Brew
10-30-2003, 01:04 AM
I need a good pattern, and yup...all by hand...sitting in front of the TV...watching Farscape XD

Famira Damaris
11-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Urk...I sorta wanna do Farscape cosplay myself now. Not sure who to do - I think all the costumes are out of my range. ;_;

Yui
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm reviving Kylash's old thread - for today is the day to be in feverishly mad love over Farscape and celebrate its frellin' mad crazy lavish prettiness. I sadly fear I may not be appropriate for anybody ;_; (tho that might not stop me XD)...but if there's ever to be a hardcore gathering, I would like to offer my services to help with make-up, operate your muppet, whatever.

& Ziggy...Scorpi...*poke, poke*

ZiggyB
10-19-2004, 03:06 AM
Hahah, I don't think Scorpi is in my plans ever now, after realizing that it's not just the suit, but doing the latex mask for the face as well. :)

Anyway, I am planning to make some stuff from Farscape. I just need to find the right materials. :)

Niku-Sama
10-19-2004, 07:26 AM
I am still working on my Chiana. i am basically redoing the entire thing. ugh Her new wig is on the way. I cant decide which outfit of hers to make tho... (see ghetto pics in my gallery ^_^)

Chastangela
10-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Its always great to read about people who love Farscape! My husband was the visual effects designer and matte painter for the show and I can tell you that even the crew was EXTREMELY dissapointed when we heard that Farscape had been cancelled. It always seems to happen to the best of shows, while they leave cown dung like Everybody Loves Raymond on tv for years on end. :lost: A few points I'd like to make:

Ayaka - I love Chiana and Gigi herself is an absolute scream but the episode "John Quixote"...well, lets just say its the product of way too much mixing of 'expirimental substances' by the writers on set. D'Argo in liederhosen, Aeryn with a southern accent...oh boy!

ZiggyB + Kylash327 - Its not a Hawaiian shirt! <lol> Its a MAMBO shirt...repeat after me, MAMBO. Australian surfie brand with amazing prints on tshirts etc and favorite brand of Ricky Manning, Farscape writer. Thats where the shirt idea came from, btw.

Keep going with the Farscape costumes guys!!! They're great!

Cheers!

Giant Alucard
10-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I wanted to do a Dargo cosplay for ometime around otakon, but the problemn is I wouldn't know how to do his face and head (uber difficult). I really want to do it though, so me and my friends may give it a try.

KusanIvy
10-19-2004, 11:38 AM
My friend wants me to go with her to a Farscape convention at the end of November. So I'm working my way through my dad's season 1 box set.

I think if we go I'll try to do a Zhaan costume. Her ear pieces would not be hard to do and I even have an airbrush to help with the make-up job. My only concern would be the time it takes to apply it.

AoKoneko
10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm working on a Chiana cosplay costume right now. Wont be ready till A-kon16 2005 (sadly I havent seen the show in so long v,v......I'm sooo sorries....but if you rem that one EP where chiana and I believe it was her brother or a friend of her brothers was in an EP. ^^ My friend is going to be cosplaying hi. After I showed him a few pictures from the show he saw how FREAK'n hot he is ^^. So lol thats why hes doing the idea LOL. v,v I wish I knew his name *sigh*)

~AK~

Railiens
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Sikozu's Peacekeeper Wars look is first one my list =3 Will have to plan it around the same time I decide to do Naruto's Gaara... ;D

Kylash and Parn, amazing work on the PK uniforms!

Niku-Sama
10-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Chastangela *woooow* *_*

I wish I was somewhere near a farscape convention but alas I will probally never get to go to one ;_;. I t would be so nice to get a whole group of scapers together.

ZiggyB
10-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Yah, I really like Sikozu's new look as well. Though, I guess wearing bright red on a Peacekeeper ship would have stood out a bit.

What am I talking about? Her hair! X-D

Yui
10-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Hahah, I don't think Scorpi is in my plans ever now, after realizing that it's not just the suit, but doing the latex mask for the face as well. :)

Anyway, I am planning to make some stuff from Farscape. I just need to find the right materials. :)

Aw. I thought that was the case. ^_^; I was just wondering if you had been re-inspired.
That's okay though if there's at least "some stuff" in the future. ^o^

And Chastangela, please tell your husband "thank you" for helping make the hands-down most visually stunning series ever on TV. >^o^<
I considered it a honor just to watch it, and even though I had been interested in sci-fi for years and years, it was the first show that floored me. Now that I think about it, the depth and the color and the detail of Farscape was probably what awakened me to start paying so much attention to props and sets and costumes...and got me into cosplaying in the first place.
Yeah, not many programs can have that kind of creative inspiration. ^_-

KawaiiEdea
10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
it'd be so great to do a farscape costume! Its my favorite show..*_* I want to be Aeryn. lol.

oh yeah-Ayaka I'm so shocked you look just like her :OOO *_*

Chastangela
11-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Thank you Yui! There actually wouldn't have been a Farscape without the support of the fans and we never would have had Peacekeeper Wars and a chance to finish the series if it wasn't for the outcry at the cancellation and the huge international support from the Farscape fans. I'm personally very glad the series got to finish because, having seen Peacekeeper Wars, I honestly think its some of the best work the crew has done. Keep your fingers crossed, while I don't currently have any inside information, the last I had heard was that Brian Henson was pretty keen on the idea of producing a Farscape movie. This may have been dropped now that the mini series is done...but maybe not. :bigtu:

I've posted a couple pics taken by me and others at two Farscape cons we attended here in Sydney, if you want to check them out. Be warned, anyone who hasn't seen PKW yet, I put the tiniest of spoilers on the description of the second one.^_^
Farscape Convention 1 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=234476) Please excuse the rather unflattering photo of my hubby (Marco). This was taken a couple years ago and we didn't realize at the time he was type 2 diabetic. We were at the first all Farscape convention in Australia, held by Best Of Both Worlds.
Farscape Convention 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=234811) A much flattering photo taken this year at a fun little convention held by the Friends of Science Fiction.

Cheers!