PDA

View Full Version : Wig Poof

Psychotic Jei
06-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Well...my problem is...the wig I got likes to poof up in the back. So is there anyway to tame the wig a bit?

cutekawaii
06-20-2003, 08:29 PM
hairspray.

Psychotic Jei
06-21-2003, 02:10 AM
Will that actually work. I was going to use gel....but .

Moogle Hiromi
06-21-2003, 11:05 AM
If you can heat the wig enough to style it permantly.. that could work. I know it works to flatten bangs, but I wouldn't know about the back. ^^

Psychotic Jei
06-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Have you ever had like jsut a piece of your hair..just curl up and stick out....thats basically what I'm dealing with. @_@;

Moogle Hiromi
06-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Yeah... all the time. My hair is evil! Have you tried the heat method? I mean use a hair dryer.

Psychotic Jei
06-22-2003, 09:00 PM
I remember the last time I used a blow dryer on a wig....it died.

Moogle Hiromi
06-22-2003, 10:01 PM
In what way? Was it too hot? That's weird... I used a crappy A$12 wig and it dyed and straightned nice....

KaraokeKate
06-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Use warm water. Hot enough to bathe in, but not hot enough to cook in. Put the wig on a wig form, then pour water over it until the fiber feels warm to the touch. (You should probably do this in the bathtub.) Allow it to airdry, then gently comb it out.

number18
06-26-2003, 11:52 AM
I think I know what you're talking about though. My friend's super crappy and last-minute Juunana wig ...well...let me start getting a little technical.

The wig was made with a big pouch thing in the back for you to put all yoru real hair in. Since my friend had a shaved head (and same problem for me having real short hair), there was nothing to fill the poof, so there was this weird crunchy mess of hair in the back...and for some reason there were all these really short hairs that were sticking out the back of the poof, messing up the straight line. It was weird and annoying but no one noticed.

And if that's your problem, I don't think you can fix it unless you want to live dangerously and try just snipping the hairs off. The hot water method didn't work at all. :P

Gren
06-26-2003, 08:07 PM
I have short hair and have had the pouchey thing for peopel with long hair problem before. Way I fived it was by turnign the wig inside out and with an xacto knife (No scissors! You'll end up cutting other fibers that fall in their destructive path!) made 3 slits in the wig. First one down the back. Make the slit. Try the wig on your head, adjusting it for no pouch, and pin it together (Don't stab your head!) now, just hand stich that seam together. It alone wasn't enough for me, so I made two more slits at slight angles, but still in the back, and repeated the process.

It's scarey to go chopping your wig into bits, but it's really not a difficult process. if you want added security, leave a strip of the wig netting in tact (down near the base of your neck) that way, if all else fails, just stich the cut you made back up, and tell the wig you're sorry.