PDA

View Full Version : anime club

Lovelyangel_81
09-14-2002, 10:38 PM
I finally went to an anime club at Duke Univ. on Friday. Yeah!

The anime shows they shown were:

Vandread
Crest of the stars
Fruits Basket
Azumanga Daioh (very strange)
Orphen

I can't remember if they were others I watch.
I am happy. I get to watch anime other than what is on television.

::dances::

Sami
09-14-2002, 11:20 PM
I used to go to the MIT anime club a while back with my boyfriend on Friday nights sometimes.. in the summer when we were both home from school.. ^_^ Ahh, those were the best nights. Strolling through Cambridge at 1 AM, looking out over the Charles.. <3 <3 *reminisce*

Michi
09-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Azumanga Daioh is the best thing ever. I will worship anyone that could give me copies of it. x_x I only got to see it in a video room at AnimeFEST. *le pout*

I used to run the anime club at my high school.. but um.. I'm not in high school anymore. =3

Yggdrasil Pie
09-15-2002, 11:16 AM
Yay!! Fruits Basket!! ^^

I'm in a highschool anime club...although...mine is so cheap. ^^;;;

isami
09-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Well, at least you have one. I'd die for one in my school, but the people here are SO superficial. All they care about is clothes and football. ::sigh::

Oshi
09-15-2002, 05:22 PM
*cry*
There was an Anime Underground club at my college, Widener, last year, but it's nowhere to be found this year T_T
Maybe I should start a new anime club... I have no idea how though, or what to do.

Jibrille
09-15-2002, 05:46 PM
my college has a massive fully functional 20some members Anime Club filled with gamers, rpg'ers, cosplayers, and obsessed fans. ^^

if it werent for the anime club i wouldnt be such the cosplay freak i am today. ^^
i can also thank them for being responsible for me now having viewed over 90 different anime O.o

Nietsche
09-15-2002, 06:01 PM
A very good selection-
you have mecha, space battle, love comedy, outright comedy and fantasy listed there!
I ought to see what the Univeristy we have locally is gonna show this year!

Oshi
09-15-2002, 06:44 PM
*WHINE*

Nietsche
09-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Whoops..I just realised I live next to one of the organisers of the anime club! (how bizarre) They insist on showing Azumanga instead of Fruits Basket.

Mei Lan Chang
09-15-2002, 07:26 PM
The TASS (Tucson Anime Screening Society) at the Univeristy of Arizona has been less than impressive to me...and it seems that no one appritiates cosplay in it. *shakes fists at the heavens* Perhaps I will start my OWN cosplay club. *snork*

Lovelyangel_81
09-15-2002, 07:58 PM
When I was in High School. My friend, me, and others try to start to one, but we couldn't find a teacher who would sponser (sp?) it.
Well, I did went to one in Uni. of South Carolina. It was cool. I love it. It was called NASHI.

My high school finally got one as soon as I gradurated. I think It was called B.A.K.A. Bringing animation to kids something, something. Something like that. I thought it was a stupid name for the club. Well, it means stupid. I heard from some people in the club that the club tank for lack words. Oh well.

Shima-Mizu
09-15-2002, 10:05 PM
I run the local anime club in my town. It's not affiliated with the high school though so anyone can come. We usually do only get high school kids, though I've got one or two college aged guys who come somewhat regular.

Mine is called the RAMEN Anime Club. Realm of Anime Manga and Everything Nihon. I've had it for a little over 2 years now...and next year I'm off to college so I must find someone to leave this chapter of it to when I leave :(.

Keurblitz
09-16-2002, 12:23 AM
I dun have an anime club in my school or around my neighborhood. I live in a neighborhood where the large percentage are retired old folks or middle-age folks that don't go for asian stuff. *sniff sniff* me need more anime related events and such....

KuroBara
09-16-2002, 12:38 AM
I'm co-treasurer of my college's anime / sci-fi / fantasy / rpg / video games club. It's called the Force. We do showings, a mini-convention in the spring, and general silliness. We didn't have anything like it in high school, but after I graduated, the anime club branched off from the art club.

DJ(SiC)ness
09-16-2002, 01:58 AM
I just joined my schools japanese club...meaning me, 30 asian kids and some other pale chubby kid with a gundam wing shirt..ugg i hate that kid...Anyways it was a blast, i meet a bunch of people who liked the same stuff i did and i fit in great. I stood around talking to a bunch of people about 45 minutes after the meeting ended. Than we watched some subed episodes of Fushgi Yuugi. Basicly its a anime club. They where pretty impressed with some of the stuff i knew, i guess it helps coming to this website every 5 minutes. They had some good ideas for the club like having a halloween cosplay party, or a school anime con ( don't think that would work to well), and they said they want to take a club trip down to cali for a anime con. GOD I HOPE WE GO TO ANIME EXPO, since i basicly have no way to get down there. Since my dad is my only source for transportation and since he's a pyrotechnic he's busy during the 4th of july weekend. But things are starting to look up for me.

~DJ