PDA

View Full Version : Lelouch Code Geass Cosplay NEEDS HELP

Sirken
04-27-2008, 11:07 PM
OK Well I'm up in Nd freezing working on a cosplay for Otaku Omaha in June WOOTS! Yet my main issue is several things. One I can't sew yet I have a Grandmother here that can. Two she needs a pattern to sew if she is to sew. Three I can't find the Lelouche Code Geas academy black and gold uniform pattern ANYWHERE. I have looked at many sites and tried to see / find one yet to all my efforts I have failed. So I'm asking anyone here to please help me find the best pattern for this cosplay. this is my first cosplay and I want it to be a good one. I've been working hard to act and sound like Lelouch so all i need to do is look like him. Also I need help finding a good whig style to wear for it as well. I already have the academy symbols so thats not an issue. And if any one knows where I can get Geass contacts and a purple one for my right eye that would help to. SO PLZ come to my rescue!

benihime
04-27-2008, 11:36 PM
well there's not going to be an EXACT pattern for his outfit

i searched on here for
"code geass uniform"
and got quite a few hits
on one i remember someone suggesting a pattern
but like i said there's going to be some alteration

Akusesu
04-27-2008, 11:41 PM
yep! benihime is right
chance of finding a pattern FOR CODE GEASS wont be found easily, or might not even exist on the net

best and quickest solution is getting a pattern that looks very simular to it, and altering it around to match your cosplay

Muze
04-28-2008, 02:17 AM
I recall theres some pre-styled lulu wig on ebay.

Sirken
04-28-2008, 08:37 AM
So what type of pattern should i used for alterations. I was thinking many a high colored jacket but I'm not sure what one would look the best. Thing about me that I hate I'm to picky >< might any one link me

Sinner_Chrono
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I knowwww

I need help too, I want to do Lelouch as well but I don't really know whatto do about embroidering a jacket.

I need a pattern XD.

I am really tall and skinny though, so I can do Lelouch.

Sirken
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
same here with the tall and skinny 6 feet 6 inches and Im only 140lbs

Amiya
04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I knowwww

I need help too, I want to do Lelouch as well but I don't really know whatto do about embroidering a jacket.

I need a pattern XD.

I am really tall and skinny though, so I can do Lelouch.

What do you mean by embroidering the jacket? Do you mean the Ashford symbol thing? You can easily find patches online...

Sirken
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
i think he means the gold trim. Thats the only thing my grandmother won't do. the patch is easy though if you need that i can link you to images or sites.

ycysusan2001
04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
you can just use bias tape for the gold trim. They sale some premade one in JoAnn if you are too lazy to make them. either sew on or glue on will look fine.

For the pattern, you can also go to JoAnn. They have some pattern list book you can look at it. Usually you can find something there. I suggest to use old school uniform jacket from history costume pattern section. Something look like this (http://www.costumes.org/history/victorian/military/usarmy10thinfantry1899.jpg).

Sirken
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Well going along with the alteration train of thought does any one have any pattern numbers that i could look up for that type of jacket? I tried McCalls and i had no luck >>;

DeathCow
04-29-2008, 12:32 AM
wowwwwwwww i never thought i'd see someone post on here about otaku omaha =D, good luck with it

Sirken
04-29-2008, 08:38 AM
wowwwwwwww i never thought i'd see someone post on here about otaku omaha =D, good luck with it

I take what I can get. When your up in North Dakota you kinda go any where XD. Planing on going to detour and mabey sakura con next year

Sinner_Chrono
04-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the bias tape Idea, now all I need to do is find/make the uniform top ><

Any suggestions there?

Sirken
04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
i was thinking they got the base idea of the jacket form a modified chefs coat yet thats just my idea. That or an old civil war jacket. You'd have to modify a higher collar and then change where the buttons would go into horizontal and near the top of the middle piece where it connects to the collar I think there would have to be a hook to keep it from falling down. I' m still trying to find the best pattern if i find one myself i'll link it to you here. n.n

Sinner_Chrono
05-01-2008, 07:10 AM
thanks, that would be so helpful!

Of course I have literally a year before the next con I'm going to debut this at, so....

Sirken
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/Sirken14/14131-158796.jpg
wheres a good pic i found that kinda shows how the jacket is set up. Also I'm still hunting for a good pattern atm yet when i find it i will post it also when im done with my outfit I'll tell you how to make certain things. if anyone has a good pattern they used for theirs plz post here n.n