PDA

View Full Version : Ron Delite (Phoenix Wright)

CezzaXV
04-28-2008, 04:40 AM
I'm currently between costumes at the moment, trying to weigh up the pros and cons of various costumes I could do, and one of those costumes is Ron Delite from Phoenix Wright.

ref pic: http://www.court-records.net/arts/artbook/artofgs-128.jpg

Now, I've gathered that I'm probably going to need a long wig which I can then turn up into the curls at the side of his head, but I honestly have NO idea how I should go about keeping the curls in place. Any ideas?

Cora
04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
LoL I puzzled over that the entire way through that case. "How would I make this wig??"

What you might consider doing is using a light foam core to construct the curls on out of extensions. Twist the hair and then coil it on some sort of foam disk and glue it down, then you can probably even make a headband out of it, or just find a way to sew it onto the wig. You could probably use some wire wrapped with batting or some similar material to give it the fluff you need (and to also help hold its shape), and then you might not need two discs on the other side of your head.

Think Princess Leia XD

CezzaXV
05-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Bumping back onto the first page :P

How do you go about doing a foam core? I've never done it before and cant find anything on it on the forums or the internet in general.

Thia Fayne
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
If you search "foamcore" or "foam core" in this forum, tons of results come up. :)

Cora
05-07-2008, 08:28 PM
foam cores sort of come in all shapes and sizes...sort of what you make them to be, I guess.

This is one of the things that is pretty hard to describe how I personally would go about doing it without showing...^^;

CezzaXV
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Do you think buying two clip on pieces and wrapping them around themselves would work? (I hope you get what I mean :P) I'm not entirely convinced by the foamcore method and I'd like to avoid my wig looking like I've glued/sprayed it into oblivion.

Then it's just a case of clipping them onto an ordinary short wig.

(Also, what's the difference between a string fall and a clip on piece in the cosworx store? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question)

Cora
05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
The foam core idea is a little hard to explain, but it would depend on how you construct it. it doesn't necessarily have to be made out of "foam," though some are so that they can give more shape and support to the style. Personally, I would get something like quilt batting or thick cording in strips long enough, get some loose extensions and carefully wrap and glue them around it. Then once you've got a rope of hair, coil it into the shape you want and secure, whether by gluing or sewing. After that you could attach it to the wig or make a sort of head band and pin it in place.

I don't think buying a clip on fall would work because the clip is going to have bulk, and it doesn't seem like it would easily twist and coil. However, I don't own one and haven't ever worked with one, so I'm not sure.

...I don't know exactly the technical difference between a string fall and a clip fall, but I would imagine that as the names imply, the clips use clips and the string falls are attached using string or elastic. Again, I haven't personally worked with one, so I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else knows.

Ginger Catgirl
05-09-2008, 09:08 PM
clips have like, an alligator clip - like a regular hair clip with a bunch of teeth for putting your hair up.

string falls have like... a mesh bun cover sort of thing, with an elastic that you can tighten around it and two little slidey clips on the inside to secure it. I've always found I like string falls better, because they're easier to work with and considerably lighter than clips.

for ron, i definitely recommend string falls :3