PDA

View Full Version : fav. thing about otakon

lunasreincarnat
06-20-2003, 07:03 PM
i dont know if there is already a thread for this but ohwell...

so what is you fav thing about otakon?

i dont know about all of you but mine is taking photos and getting photos taken of me... i think its soo cool to see my self on other peoples sites. morning time when people are in line and then cant really run away from your cameras... mawhaha... all those costumes @_@ hehe.

Eclipse180
06-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Taking Pictures!!!!^o^V

Plus, it only comes once a year, so that makes it something I really look forward to every year:D Like X-mas....

makonurikoryoko
06-20-2003, 08:34 PM
lol I personall like it batter than x-mas! hahaha then again i never get anything fun for x-mas... hehe I definitly LOOOVE the dealers room ^.^ and all the panels and workshiops are fun.. its all enjoyable

Karatekitty
06-20-2003, 08:49 PM
The whole thing, really. The panels and hanging out with folks are two of the things I really look forward to, though.

Well, I get to add cosplay to this year's list too. ^_-

Cheers

lunasreincarnat
06-20-2003, 08:53 PM
ya well the whole thing is fun i agree... but photos and cosplay are the best... most peope go to the beach or disney world or something for summer vacation... ME! i go to otakon ^.^ i did have a bad experience last year(because of my friends) but im not letting that stop me from being excited about otakon... weeeeeeee^.^ cant wait!

Radical Urd
06-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Definitly, the dealers room, meeting peoples and cosplay! I love attention *basks in the warmth of the spotlight* ^_^

sailor-moon
06-20-2003, 09:19 PM
gettting to see all my friends.

Lady
06-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Running around and having silly fun with my friends*nods* But I love having my photo taken and taking photos, too! Oh, and the anime music videos are always a highlight of my Otakon.

-Lady

Nikol
06-20-2003, 10:47 PM
I don't have one favorite thing but...

I like really just meeting people. I usually use Cons to meet people I'm friends with online. Also I meet new people who become friends. I think it's also a great way just to talk to people who like the same things you do.

The drive down has always been nice too. A good 4-5 hours to hype me and my friend up, trying to gues if other cars are on their way down too, yelling at the signs that say Balitmore. Good times.

Cosplay if fun too... kind of goes with the drive down also. Nothing is better than being in costum paying tolls. But I like seeing who other people are dressed as, and taking their picture as well as having mine taken.

lunasreincarnat
06-21-2003, 12:57 AM
ok this sounds strange... but eh its sorta tradition to make out with the statues ... you know the ones having lunch by the glass wall.. eh heh heh heh

kijo
07-10-2003, 01:05 AM
I love all of Otakon, but my fav has to be cosplay and photos and the dealers room. I'm a sucker for anime merchandise. ^^;; And I love talking pictures and seeing all the totally awesome costumes! I love hanging out with my friends...it's the only time I'm not really sooo quite and shy. ^^ I can't wait!

DigitalCactus
07-10-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by makonurikoryoko
lol I personall like it batter than x-mas! hahaha then again i never get anything fun for x-mas... hehe I definitly LOOOVE the dealers room ^.^ and all the panels and workshiops are fun.. its all enjoyable

I am so with you Makonurikoryoko! ^_^ I think Otakon is better than Christmas! With the exception of the past 2 Christmases, in recent history my holiday season has been pretty crappy.

I think my fave part is just being there and seeing all the different cosplayers. Taking pics is a huge part of it This year I will have to say that meeting everyone from Cosplay.Com will be the highlight of this year's Otakon, for me

White Ninja
07-10-2003, 01:43 AM
just being able to get away for 3 days and have as much fun as possible....gettin my picture taken is always awesome especially seein it online....meeting people.....just havin fun with my friends mostly...

Alanna-chan
07-10-2003, 05:32 AM
-Artist alley: last year, this woman there gave me some grest advice and there was a lot of good artwork there
-Cosplay: taking pictures, walking around inner harbor singing "I'm a fuzzy koala! Ai shiteru! Ai shiteru! Ai shiteru!" to scare the tourists, and figuring out how the hell people did certain stuff (you know, the certain stuff I don't know how to do)

Sami
07-10-2003, 10:22 AM
My fave part is that I only have to drive an hour tops to get there. :P

Sala
07-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Seeing everyone else's costumes. That's my favorite part.

Getting photos taken of my own is fun, but I love oggling other people's costumes. ;)

The dealers room is always a source of good fun. Panels can be fun, depending on who's talking and what the subject is.

Oh, and walking around Inner Harbor and around the hotel in costume. The looks that the "normals" give you, is the best! Last year, there was a wedding party staying at the Radisson and they looked at all of us like "either these kids are on crack, or we are in the WRONG HOTEL!" It was quality entertainment.

Sciguy
07-10-2003, 09:49 PM
the best part, the comraderie! everyone there likes the same things (roughly) and everyone there likes about the same food, culture... being at a convention means that you have an instant conversation. On the street, you can't say to some random fellow, "That Ryouga cracks me up..." That look at you like you were a lunatic, but at Otakon... the fellowship is the best part of Otakon!

Nikol
07-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by AnimeRei3
Oh, and walking around Inner Harbor and around the hotel in costume. The looks that the "normals" give you, is the best! Last year, there was a wedding party staying at the Radisson and they looked at all of us like "either these kids are on crack, or we are in the WRONG HOTEL!" It was quality entertainment.

That's the best! I had my picture taken by the people on those duck boats last year. Everyone else I was with ran and I stood there in all my cosplay glory and had my picture taken. Wanna make this year number two for that.

Romann
07-10-2003, 10:17 PM
The dealers room, meeting new people, and scaring the hell out of the locals. The tourists are cool though...they don't know what the hell is going on, but they love taking pics of/with you.

I love taking pictures and having pics taken of me ^^ After all, I didn't do all this hard work on my costume just to have it sit in my closet and worn only a few times out of the year^^

Recca-kun
07-10-2003, 11:31 PM
The con drama! :D (Sorry, bad joke)

I have to agree with Sami in that the best part is that it is only an hour away, which comes in handy if you are late getting on the road Thursday night due to finishing up costumes at home. ^^;

lumichan
07-11-2003, 12:36 AM
I don't think I could possibly choose just one thing...but having all the normal people outside glare at you like you're nuts is great! ^_^ I remember one year ('01 or '02...don't remember) a baseball game got rained out and there were tons of people pouring out of the stadium. All I can remember is this mob of people in orange ponchos walking down the street staring at all the cosplayers! Very amusing. ^_^

But of course, the con itself ain't too bad either. :D I just think the whole atmosphere is great, because you know everyone around you has the same interests as you!

kuro_nezumi
07-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Like AnimeRei3, Nikol, and Lumichan said the weird stares you get from the 'norms'!!

And everybody at the cons always seem so nice and welcoming. I remember last year I couldn't find the way back to the rave, I left one way and I couldn't find way, and this nice couple walked me there.

lunasreincarnat
07-13-2003, 06:42 PM
last year people in cars screamed is it halloween yet! lol and i was on the sky walk and this old couple was starring at this pretty mana and people were taking her pic... and they asked me to explain it to them... and aobut all the con stuff and why we dress up... after 5 min of talking he said thanks and they gave me 5 dollars @_@ it was wierd lol.... and at 2000 there were a wedding taking place where all the pretty fountians are if anyone noticed... and me and my friend walked by... it was scary.

Sciguy
07-13-2003, 10:57 PM
I almost forgot about all of the odd stares! I had a similar reaction at Katsucon, except it was a whole mess of uptight CEOs and other misc. business men. hehe!

Fireflystar
07-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Otakon's fun cause you gots lots of places to escape to if you've had enough of the con itself. Baltimore's inner harbor,babyyyy. I wouldn't recommened walking the streets alone though..

And the con itself is just a different experience compared to the drudgery of everyday life. ^_^; heh,my dad said I like going so I can be with my "own kind" even though I'd have to say I can't easily get along with Otaku. And robyn,you got $5? I want $5....

lunasreincarnat
07-14-2003, 04:13 PM
ya remember i told you that and you said that they probably thought i was a tour guide service or something for otakon.