PDA

View Full Version : Photography Office asks: What did you wear on which day?

Hazel Chaz
05-01-2008, 01:18 AM
More notes from the Photography Office: If you were giving us photos at the convention, and have some left over that you didn't turn in before leaving, you can e-mail them to me at sendphotos (at) cc26.org. Just send me the JPG files from the camera -- I can handle the rotation if needed, and I need the EXIF timestamp data from the files anyway. (If you use a photo editor that leaves the EXIF data intact, that's cool too.)

Or mail me a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM to Chaz Baden, PO Box 17522, Anaheim CA 92817-7522.

If you weren't part of the project but think you might want to donate your photos anyway, please write to me before sending them. (Note that this is separate from the Flickr Photo Pool that was mentioned elsewhere.) At this point I don't think we need a lot of duplication of the "everyone outside the ballroom posing at the backdrops" shots. What I am interested in generally are photos taken that other people didn't shoot, such as good photos taken inside the ballroom during the various major events.

At this point it's too early to tell what we don't have! We had some coverage during panels, but I don't know where our gaps are -- if you did a lot of shooting during program items, let me know. Party photography is very tricky because of the crowds getting in the way of your shot, so if you've got nice ones there, that would be good. I don't know if we have a lot of "breakfast" photos, from the informal Coffee Garden gatherings...

Oh, and our pre-convention tour coverage & set-up/tear-down coverage is very spotty, so more of those would be nice. And non-costume photos, especially of the hard-working convention staff. "Working on costumes" shots would be good, so don't throw away the better shots you took of your friends in their hotel rooms. Anyone take any shots in the bar of the stuffed-animal costume-making?

Status report: the Seagate has copies of the photos from the Buffalo drive, either full-size or cut down to 800x600. (Finishing the base backup only took one more hour, once I'd hooked the drives up to a computer with high-speed USB2 ports.) Some more crunching is still going on, and the Photography Department will be doing some behind-the-scenes work to prepare the photos for unveiling.

The new photo website will probably use "Gallery" software, using Further Confusion's model. When you come to the website, you'll see a page (a top-level gallery) with one picture each from (say) Pre-Convention/Set-up, Friday morning, Friday Afternoon, Friday Night/Social, Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Saturday Night/F&SF Masquerade, Sunday Morning, Sunday Afternoon/Fashion Show, Sunday Night/Historical Masquerade, Monday Morning, Monday Afternoon, Tear-down/Dead-Dog. Maybe a few more divisions. Then the next gallery level down would show you a bunch of photos of different people/groups during that time period; if you wanted to see every picture we had of someone, you'd click on that one and you'd get all those photos. (Because we've got many duplicates!)

That's the current approximate design idea, anyway. "Gallery" gives us search options, including keywords and photographer, and we'll probably also have a special gallery to help you decode the stickers we put on your badge.

Our goal is to get names and caption info for every photo, so it will be a useful archive. If you'd like to post a follow-up here, telling us the name that was on your badge, and how you would describe the outfits you wore each day (such as "Monday, 8-inch heels and latex"), that will help us when we get the photos of you on the website.

Chaz Boston Baden
Costume-Con 26 Photography Office

Sarcasm-hime
05-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Name on badge: Maral Agnerian
Friday day: Kendappa (blue sari, gold jewellery, white blouse, long dark hair)
Friday evening: dark burgundy corset with beaded trim, fluffy white bustled skirt with fishnets and knee boots

Saturday: Arwen, red & black velvet dress

Sunday day: Tribal Fusion bellydance costume - white & purple with layered panel skirt
Sunday night: Mata Hari (sparkly bra & belt with white/red skirt)

Monday: Watercolor blue/green silk sari with embroidery