PDA

View Full Version : Anyone coming from Gardena, Torrance, Carson?

Priss
06-21-2003, 02:33 AM
I'm just wondering if there are people from this places are going to AX '03. Don't worry I'm not gonna ask for a ride. :D

Torrance? Gardena?
Carson? West Covina?
Long Beach? Cerritos?

Psychotic Jei
06-21-2003, 03:12 AM
I -used- to live in Long Beach. I now live in La Habra. X.x;

tenkan
06-21-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm coming from Cerritos e____e; (which basically means Shadrad is too) ^_^

Priss
06-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Oops, my bad. :p Here I am trying to know where everyone's coming from and I forgot to mention about yours truly. Well I'm from Gardena.

Thanks Psychotic Jei and tenkan for the reply, hope to see you both at the con. Have a nice day. :)

Morrissey
06-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Norwalk California.

Nadeshiko
06-23-2003, 11:49 PM
I go to school in Torrance...

I get my bobba in Gardena...

I like to cruise in Long Beach...

I live in Carson...

Priss
06-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Hello Morrissey! Ok, this is sound goofy but are you originally from London or Norwalk or you just wanna confuse us? Hmm? le' me see... :rolleyes: Heehee no biggie just messing up with you. See you at the con.

:jjacks: yipee! I found a neighbor! Hi Nadeshiko.
I go to seafood city and jollybee over there. Umm... yummy!!
Hope to find you there at con.

Later

Tetsugyu
06-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey I live in Torrance! ><

Shit I am right next to Gardena! I must know you Priss!

The Name's Jarod, pleased to meet you. :)

Um Vic-chan...why you no tell her about your Pimp$ugyu-kun? T.T

HappyCLAMPer
06-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Nice to meet see you here, Jarod. Im Dar. I think I know you from Amaryah Tarkington.

Anyways, I live in Torrance.

I attend school in Wilmington at Harbor College.

I frequent L&L Hawaiian Barbecue in Carson.

I went to high school in Harbor City at Narbonne.

I hang out in Long Beach, Lakewood, Torrance, Redondo and any neighboring cities with lower crime rates than Wilmington or Compton.

Tetsugyu
06-25-2003, 12:03 AM
No shit! I went to Narbonne too! Yeah I remember Amaryah. How is she? lol

PS: Great SN BTW

tenkan
06-25-2003, 05:56 AM
I go to Torrance/Gardena on occasion (usually to hit Marukai or Mitsuwa) for groceries (pretty boring aren't I?) Sometimes I'll go to the book-off or Asahiya.

Being in Cerritos has its ups and downs... I'm almost 30 minutes from Costa Mesa, Los Angeles and Torrance... so I never know which Mitsuya or Marukai I want to go to. XD

Tetsugyu
06-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Small cosplay world.

Priss
06-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Tetsugyu, we probably passing each other's pathways at Del Amo or at South Bay Galleria. Shopping at Joans for fabric for the costumes. OMG you are so right, what a small cosplay world we have.

Hi HappyCLAMPer, I love L and L too. >.< oooh, now you're making me hungry.

You are not boring tenkan, MARUKAI!!! weeeeeeee! that is my fave store in Gardena. Cerritos is a cool city too. It's like close to wherever you wanna go.

Hope to see and meet you all soon.

Tetsugyu
06-25-2003, 10:50 PM
LOL. I WORK at Jo-ann! Heck I love round about Carson and Western.

HappyCLAMPer
06-25-2003, 11:15 PM
Jarod, you work at Jo-Anns?! I just applied there, so put in a good word for me! The name is "Dar," and I need a job, preferably one where you can get 15% off all products. :D

One of the workers there, Mar, do you know him? He gave me an application, and I turned it in to Sarah.

Amaryah moved to Cerritos. They live in an apartment, and she attends a "special" school now. Shes recovered from the accident mostly, but she still needs a bit more care and recovery.

Thanks for the compliment. Im just a bigass CLAMP fan!

Priss, you must be Filipino. Only Filipinos would go to Seafood City AND Jollibee. Heck, only Filipinos would eat at Jollibee.:crylaugh: I live right next to Harbor UCLA Medical.

Does anyone rent anime DVDs from Comic Cult on Carson Street? They have such an extensive anime DVD collection! Its about $3 for 3 days rental. Im supposed to return Louie the Rune Soldier tomorrow by 2.

Tetsugyu
06-25-2003, 11:19 PM
OMG! We live so close! lol

Yeah I know Mar! He wants to throw an Anime Party sometime. Good luck! I hope you make it in.

Priss
06-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Hey now HappyCLAMPer. Not only Filipinos go to seafood city and Jollibee. I love to eat sushi from Sushi boy and I like to eat at Thai Barbeque Restaurant. And I like to eat at El Tapeyac for Mexican food. And oh, I almost forgot I love to eat at Grand China buffet Restaurant. Well enough of advertising restaurants, now everybody knows I am a food addict. :D But I'm not telling my ethnicity. It's more fun when there is a suspense,don't ya think?

Tetsugyu
06-26-2003, 12:07 AM
I love Acapolco down the street. :)

Nadeshiko
06-26-2003, 12:16 AM
I know where those restaurants are!

Do my errands there all the time!

Small world, ne?

HappyCLAMPer
07-13-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Tetsugyu
OMG! We live so close! lol

Yeah I know Mar! He wants to throw an Anime Party sometime. Good luck! I hope you make it in.

I will eternally hate Joanne's Fabrics. Sadly, they did not hire me nor my friend. If Mar wants to throw an anime party, I can offer my El Hazard DVD boxset. Sadly, he has never seen it.

Iori E
07-13-2003, 03:33 AM
I live kinda close to West Covina. I go there whenever I need to go to the DMV, at least.

If you don't mind me asking, what's this for?

HappyCLAMPer
07-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Whats what for? Mar's Anime Party? Oh, this isnt anything concrete. Its just hearsay. If you go back a few messages, you can see where Jarod mentions that his friend Mar WANTS to throw an anime party. I merely gave a suggestion, hoping that something will come to fruition.

But, if any such party does become planned, then I will definitely email or PM you. Mkay??

Moon Prince
07-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Gee... I wonder why I didn't see this thread until now? *scratches head*

Anyway, I live in Torrance too!

*runs* Ahhhhh!! the character of Priss has been haunting me since the first anime series in the 80's... I have to cosplay her one day just to get her away from me, out of my system. Guess Nene wasn't enough.

HappyCLAMPer
07-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Nice to meet you, Moon Prince.