PDA

View Full Version : My First Anime Con..AHHHHHH!

CinsAngel
06-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Yup..AX is my first one..and my first offical cosplaying experience Not counting the cosplay.com photoshoots. Not really planning on competing in anything (Unless Very drunk and easily pursuaded) But I am planning on dressing up for the heck of it.
Anyways, Since I am a newbie and all to this, I was wondering if anyone wants to offer some advice, or want to say hi when I'm about, or tell me what I should try to check out or do or anything while at the con. Thanks a lot everyone. Can't wait to go!

Cins

Psychotic Jei
06-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Eeee. Just have fun. ^_^; Everyone is usually pretty nice.

Kaname
06-21-2003, 07:48 PM
AX will be my first con too, aside from Ani-Jam, but that doesn't count since I couldn't cosplay and I had a fever that night (good thing I lived 10 minutes away *L*)

This will also be my first time cosplaying too- here's hoping we both have a blast! ^_^

Toka_pop
06-21-2003, 08:04 PM
My first major (had been to a couple small ones before) con was AX last year. I had some reservations at first. But once I was there I had a blast! There's just so much to do and see. It took me and my friends 2 days to check out everything in the dealer's room alone! It's so much fun when other non-cosplaying con goers run up to you saying, "<Insert character name here>!!! Can I have your picture <Insert character name here>!!!" It's almost as if they actually believe you are the character.

RoseDuelist
06-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Yay! It's only my second con. I went to AX last year, and now I'm going again. Trust me, it's a blast. I had never been near so many anime fanatics before in my life!!!

pLaGa
06-24-2003, 06:43 PM
this will be my third year attending AX, every year I met new people, I make new friends and I learn something new, AX is just amazing!!! ^^

Tetsugyu
06-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey Hun! Don't be scared! You know I got your back!

flora-bot
06-24-2003, 10:21 PM
:8D it will be my first con too...it will be bloody fantastic I hope! I am glad I was warned in advance about tackleglomps and the like.

CinsAngel
06-25-2003, 12:53 AM
WOOT! *hugs The Tets!* Thanks baby:)

Flora-Bot>>*L* glad I won't be the only newbie. We can bond!

Cins

duck
06-25-2003, 01:11 AM
Yay, Cindy!

Fanime 2003 was my first anime con and all I can say is...

1) Being shy doesn't helps when getting to know people.=)

2) Going "Wha-? Me? Picture? Huh? Me?" is not good when people want to take your picture.

3) It is generally fairly embarassing when cosplaying as a character from a series you know close to nothing about. Though I doubt you'll be doing that.

4)It probably helps to be a lot more into anime than I am.

That said - I'm sure you'll have a blast! Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures!

DarkGunner
06-25-2003, 01:24 AM
Anime expo is also my first con. o_O *Is a bit nervous, but sooooo excited!!* :D

Rey-Rey
06-25-2003, 11:37 AM
I'll make you all famous. >=D

Woof. >=D Fireworks. >=D

K_Valentine
06-25-2003, 12:41 PM
AX is great. Prepare to have lots of fun.... try not to be overwhelmed by its size.

CinsAngel
06-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Shing>>*LOL* Too bad you won't be there! I haven't seen you in so long, girl! Come Down a visit someday if you get a chance! I don't think shyness will be a problem for me..I think trying to SHUT UP will be a problem for me;)

DarkGunner>>*L* yay! someone else to bond with!

Reyrey>>*L*Umm..should I be frightened?

K>>Well I was overwhemled at ComicCon But i also didn't Cosplay and only stood in the dealers room and spent obscene amounts of money. Hopefully, I won't be QUITE as bad. And hopefully I won't bug the hell out of you when I start poking your for pictures again *L* BTW, I'll get your wig to you Then. I'll run it up to your room or meet you somewhere or something. Just lemme know:)

Cins

duck
06-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I will! I will! I'm driving back to So. Cal late August for school(again...pfffttt) and I'll have a car this time, so maybe some weekend after that I'll drive to San Diego and bug you and stuff(and maybe make you come to the zoo with me....yay fuzzies!).=)

Velvy
06-25-2003, 07:13 PM
This is my first time cosplaying too. ^_^; And my first time going to an anime con from start to finish. I'm excited, but really freaked out, and really, really SCARED. XD Dunno why, but I just am.

Suzushichan
06-29-2003, 01:37 AM
YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!! GLOMP FEST! GLOMP FEST! PICTURES>PICTURES>PICTURES!!!!!!! and some pocky... LALALALALALA!!! >O<!!!

IdatenMiki
06-29-2003, 02:20 AM
^_^'' have fun at AX! ^_^'' this'll be my second con but the other one i go to was Anime North (which due to sars i couldnt go -_-'')) ^_^ it should be extremely fun <>_<>'' well it kinda better be because i'm traveling across the country to go to it. but being the biggest in the US it should be good! ^_^