PDA

View Full Version : Flawless Skin & Basic Male Makeup Video Tutorials

Tsusho
05-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I just finished making two tutorials last night and am uploading both of the tutorials onto Youtube. The tutorials were originally made to help some of my close friends who didn't know how to use make up and are getting into cosplay, but I'd like to share them with everyone here at the forums in case it really does help someone ^^. Enjoy ~!

The Flawless Skin Tutorial has finished uploading and can be viewed here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmkRR9WlFKs

And you can see the Basic Male Makeup Tutorial here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUsbjkqUVH4

Queen Anime 99
05-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Your tutorials are AWESOME. Thanks so much. :D

Your "Basic Male Make-up Tutorial" will definitely help me.

agent_airline
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Holla to a pink-haired sista... but have to be a stinker and say the same doesn't work for everyone :( You look great! But when I try to put on that much concealer for my spots, it starts to get a weird texture and makes me look old, though I use almost exactly the same technique. Might just be me though. However I'm considering doing an eye tutorial for loose powders and mineral makeups.

Tsusho
05-06-2008, 12:16 AM
^^ No worries, make up is different for everyone depending on person to person. For example I wish I could use mineral foundation since it's probably much better for my skin, but sadly it didn't cover any of my scars when I used to use mineral foundation and for some reason make me look older too (its so weird O_o). I think it has to do with the fact that I have eczema so my skin tends to get dry very easily and mineral foundations tend to not mix well with my dry skin even with lots of moisturizer. If you ever make that tutorial please post, I would love to see it <3!

WARPAINTandUnicorns
05-06-2008, 01:27 AM
It痴 interesting you use liquid concealer that acts like a foundation and the foundation powder acts like setting powder.

That Male Makeup Tutorial will help a lot of confused cosplayers in that the makeup is done to neutralize the more feminine quality of the face and accentuate the bone structure.

A product I知 really loving is the M.A.C. Sculpt and Shape it痴 basically colour rich powders that come in one compact has a natural colour highlight and contour. I plan on using it for more than cosplay since I have a rather soft bone structure (I still look like I知 16) and it last 2 years with a lot of pigment. For a quik colour set up use matte shadows in darkbrown and white/nude.

Mineral makeup is really nice and I知 loving the finish I get with it. I知 using it to tan my really white skin at the end of May for a cosplay. I知 looking forward to your tutorial since I want to how you use mineral conceasler for the under eye are. I知 still using my M.A.C. Studio Finish concealer with my MMU.

The problems with foundations is that not everyone can use the same style. Cream,some cakes and liquid foundations style don稚 work so well with oily skin types while dry skin dose not work well with powder based foundations. Also foundation primers are the same you can get liquid or powder ones but with so many options now even compared to 5 years ago I can grantee anyone can find a formula that will work for them.

As soon as my lippies come in I知 doing a tutorial/topic about just neutralizing and erasing lips colour and the techniqiues/products you can use.

Tsusho
05-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Wow thanks that product sounds great, I will have to go and check it out the next time I'm at a MAC counter. It will probably make it alot easier than using my brown eyeshadow for shading. I'll look forward to your tutorial as well Ani_BEE~

kowaipanda
05-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Thank you very much for this tutorial~ It will help me a lot!

Sakky_Uchiha
05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow.. Amazing tutorials. They helped a whole lot, since i'm pretty much retarded when it comes to putting on make-up. xD <3

Dal_Segno
05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I found the brown eye shadow on your cheeks a bit odd. I understand that for darker skin tones, it makes more sense then a pink... on lighter skin tones, it looks very odd though.

But where did you get that pore putty? Some what up close [conversation length], does it give your face a flat, smooth finish? That's my main issue [I have acne scars all over my cheeks]. That, and my face gets shiny like no other. :/

Phantomtango1
05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
kalas, the idea behind the brown eyeshadow is for contouring. The use of highlight and shadows can define the bone structure which is more prominent in males - in this case, the cheekbones. Highlighting the cheekbones, shading the cheeks helps create an illusion of a change the shape of the face. Likewise, shadow should be done on the jawline to further define that as well.

Great videos.

Dal_Segno
05-07-2008, 12:27 AM
kalas, the idea behind the brown eyeshadow is for contouring. The use of highlight and shadows can define the bone structure which is more prominent in males - in this case, the cheekbones. Highlighting the cheekbones, shading the cheeks helps create an illusion of a change the shape of the face. Likewise, shadow should be done on the jawline to further define that as well.

No, I get the concept. I'm just saying brown can look odd on certain skin tones. I've had blush that turned a brown color and I took it off immediately. It makes my skin look dirty. [But I acknowledge that it may work better on other people.]

Maybe I missed a part where she said she was using it to look more masculine. I saw her put it on her cheeks, so I assumed she was using it like a blush.

bubblefire
05-07-2008, 05:14 AM
yess this was what i was looking for! thank you so much, this going to help a lot! :D

The Commodore
05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
The male makeup tutorial will help me a lot, since I plan on only doing crossplays. I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to makeup, since I don't wear it on a daily basis, so thanks for making these!

By the way, I love your hair! :D

Mouichi
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow great makeup tutorial :D I definitely will try it out :]

Arissa-chan
05-09-2008, 08:39 PM
These tutorials will definately help me for con make-up time and when I start crossplaying. Thank you sooooooo much!